• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Im not too familiar with Punch-out, so how would you distinguish Mac's specials from his regular punches?
One would imagine the same way you do with Captain Falcon and Ganon. Just give Mac some unique special effects to add on his animations. I know not everyone agrees with this, but I kind of like the idea of Mac using a few of the other Boxer's attacks. Nothing too crazy, but Piston Honda's combo punches would be kind of cool to see.

?????????????

Smash Master
Im not too familiar with Punch-out, so how would you distinguish Mac's specials from his regular punches?
When Mac does his more powerful punches, stars appear...like the opponent sees stars. His counter-punches have the ability to stun, but the most identifying feature of his special moves is the classic NES sound effects they make.

Reznor

work in progress
Yeah, he was considered.
But "you'd have to install ramps on all the levels for him to be playable."
we gotta call Tumble quick Smash isn't wheelchair accessible ............ they won't come for just that ............ it's not FEMALE wheelchair accessible

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How to end an argument and start a new one:

Impa is an awful choice

JK Impa is the best choice

Ghirahim for Smash, he should replace Ganondorf

Ridley is too big

Cranky Kong>King K Rool

Little Mac is too little
*ahem*

Personally I think Tabuu has a good cha-

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I swear, every time I think this thread has hit it's worst day, I get proven wrong the following week.

Ok, If you had to pick any Namco character other than the obvious Pac-Man choice, who would you pick? You can ignore any of Sakurai's previous rules if you feel the need to. I think I would pick Jin Kazama or Yoshimitsu from Tekken. Siegfried/Nightmare from Soul Calibur would be a close second to me. Klonoa wouldn't be too bad of a choice either.
I'd go with Dig-Dug.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ok, If you had to pick any Namco character other than the obvious Pac-Man choice, who would you pick? You can ignore any of Sakurai's previous rules if you feel the need to. I think I would pick Jin Kazama or Yoshimitsu from Tekken. Siegfried/Nightmare from Soul Calibur would be a close second to me. Klonoa wouldn't be too bad of a choice either.
Dig-Dug, aside from the fact I love his game, I'd love to hear this in Smash 4.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Am I the only one who finds little macs design to be unappealing, generic and boring. Thats why I dont want him not his moveset

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, that's simple. His normals are not based around countering, and he will use different styles of punches. Crouching double hooks (ALA Morrigan Aensland) two left jabs then a right for a standard attack. Uppercut punches, solar-plexus shots, and more will make up his others. His forward smash is the star punch that will grow in power depending on how many stars you have, and getting KOd resets your star gauge. For a couple of other moves, he can use moves that reference other boxers from Punch-Out.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
he only has a sword and just does normal swings so that's what I find boring
Ike is a sword guy done right he has some interesting attacks

explain how having a combo is not boring :awesome:
You have something against swords then.

Marth can easily achieve the same amount of knockback ike does with a tipper. If you sword fought like Ike you'd be dead. Just cause marth doesn't have FIRE or any extra flashy animations to his sword strikes doesn't mean that he's boring. you just wanna keep this going, well I don't want too.

this is a combo, not boring.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a backroom party!

I guess death threats to one of our members makes us antsy
Let me guess, they're directed towards me. I'm just so popular here aren't I?
Nope. Manly received one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also like @ ????????????? ????????????? said, making him use a lot of stun attacks would help him stand out more, not too many stunning attacks. Since Namco is helping out, I would like to see some Steve Fox technology in his moveset.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
So Little Mac would copy Marth, but not have a sword? Sounds horrible.
I don't think we should look at it in terms of certain moves for him, but more of an overall gimmick that sets him apart. Sakurai and his team could make him fantastic if they handled him well. I said this in the past but I think making him truly unique isn't as hard as some like to think it would be.

I've stated this possibility way back, but I think for Mac, his gimmick could be making him the most evasive character in the game. His star system could be implemented like so: he will be fast and weak normally, but having most of his specials as defensive build up for his offense could be great. So in essence by using the evassive specials he can build up those stars. With each one he gets closer and closer to his devastating offensive explosion. But he can also lose that build up easily as well, by taking a hit or something else. High risk and high reward, and in the hands of a skilled player he could deal blows like Ike with the speed of fox. Like warios waft it will be sonething the player is managing on their own during the fight, but to a higher degree. It's more than just flash moves for the sake of it, Mac could have some deep substance, you just have to see beyond his meager appearance.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, that's simple. His normals are not based around countering, and he will use different styles of punches. Crouching double hooks (ALA Morrigan Aensland) two left jabs then a right for a standard attack. Uppercut punches, solar-plexus shots, and more will make up his others. His forward smash is the star punch that will grow in power depending on how many stars you have, and getting KOd resets your star gauge. For a couple of other moves, he can use moves that reference other boxers from Punch-Out.
I just noticed you added King Boo to your roster. Explain.

Reznor

work in progress
You have something against swords then.

Marth can easily achieve the same amount of knockback ike does with a tipper. If you sword fought like Ike you'd be dead. Just cause marth doesn't have FIRE or any extra flashy animations to his sword strikes doesn't mean that he's boring. you just wanna keep this going, well I don't want too.

this is a combo, not boring.
dude I was just ****ing with you Marth isn't boring ;)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
*ahem*

Personally I think Tabuu has a good cha-
Look who started it now..

Hmmm....
If an actual Historical Represenative comes out, I'll take your point.
If not, WFT seems to be the Historical Rep.
Sounds Peachy?
She just seems too recent of a franchise to be considered one of them. The historical characters we got were usually characters from long ago.

?????????????

Smash Master
I had an idea once for implementing King Boo, as far as jumping and recovery goes.

Instead of jumping, holding the joystick up allows King Boo to levitate upward. Instead of having two jumps, he can levitate for a set amount of time, which is indicated by King Boo's size; as he levitates, he shrinks, regrowing when he touches the ground.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
B: Power punch - hold till a star pops up to store the punch, great knockback and power, star punch is extremely strong.

B over: Rush punch - see balrog

B Up: Uppercut: see shoryuken

B Dowon: dodge/sway punch: see dudley

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay. Improve on the design of a 17 year old boxer.
Well which market are you trying to go for? Americans? the Japanese? People from the 90's? Hollywood?

For American audiences, you need to make him really buff and bald. Also angry, people love that stuff in the States. Japan really likes it when young men look like might be women, so lose the muscle and give him a small nose. Slap on a metro hairstyle and you're gold! If it's the 90's crowd, give him a backwards cap and some ripped jeans, that'll win them over. Or make him into a Cyborg, everyone loves Cyborgs. /sarcasm

I dunno, make his face more realistic? Give him his NES hairstyle?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had an idea once for implementing King Boo, as far as jumping and recovery goes.

Instead of jumping, holding the joystick up allows King Boo to levitate upward. Instead of having two jumps, he can levitate for a set amount of time, which is indicated by King Boo's size; as he levitates, he shrinks, regrowing when he touches the ground.
He can use his Down B to make a spike ball fall from above his crown to fall on his enemies (via Dark Moon)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You go for one little walk and then it's hell-raiser up in here... whatever.

Little Mac? Yeah, I'm okay with this topic. How do you all think they would implement his "stars" if he's included?
B would be Star Punch. It would tack on a star. Boxing gloves glow a bit with each star. Stars would appear above Mac's stocks and symbol. Max of three Stars.

His other three specials are fueled by stars and become more powerful and/or have additional effects with each star.
They each have four modes. Regular, One Star, Two Star, Three Star.
A special uses one star unless Little Mac has three stars in which case, all stars will be used for the most powerful version of that special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom