• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
........what the heck did I miss?
Well, it started like this:

Then turned into this:

...Somewhat of an exaggeration, as it's been worse. But not very often.

This would be more appropriate if the thread got closed or if someone started spamming heavily or something, but I'm just being nitpicky.

And I wouldn't mind Little Mac. He seems "boring" like Marth, but he could have that star mechanic. I'm sure Sakurai could work with him and make him fun to play as.

----

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Kamek's a pretty cool dude.
I think it's arguable whether Kamek as a character has earned his inclusion, but I think his potential to be a unique character makes up for that. For me at least.

And what HylianHero said. It seems like Kamek is more garnering support from the fact that he's part of the Yoshi series than because he's Kamek, if you know what I mean.
Even with characters like Ridley, K. Rool/Dixie, or Goroh, for me, I don't support them because the franchises they hale from don't have that many characters. That's not enough for me. I think that the characters themselves, not just the series, have earned the spot.
Heck, that's almost the sole reason I support Ridley so much, and it's the reason I don't wish for Hades over Palutena.
well, that's true, I guess. I mean, I support stork more for a yoshi rep because I really like the character, as well as the moveset potential. also the character design is a lot more appealing to me than kamek, especially if kamek is not riding his signature broom. however, if kamek soes ride his broom, I end up liking his initial design a lot more, and his moveset potential is way more expansive than that of the stork's.

I remember why I started supporting kamek in the first place was when I was playing through yoshi's island and realized how much of an impact he made on me as a player, making me really want to spoil his plans for luigi, whatever they were. then I started supporting him for smash, cause it's the logical thing to do (lol).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Leave Saturn alone. He is but Ridley trapped in a human body.

Can you imagine being a predatory space pterodactyl fueled with a constant supply of adrenaline and a stomach full of churning plasma ready to be spewed on your prey in order to melt them to a sizzling goo so they could be slurped down your narrow neck? All that rage and instinct. And that large body you have to haul around.

Now imagine that stuffed inside a human body who likes to write his frothing opinions on a forum site. Before you judge Saturn too harshly, put yourself in his shoes. Primordial hunting behavior of an apex predator in the feeble body of one of us, mere homo-sapiens.

If you want Ridley in Smash, you must accept his human avatar; his human incarnation right here in these forums.

A personality that some may argue is too big; but that everyone would miss if gone.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I see I missed more of this thread's usual bull****. Ah, how I used to like this thread much more before mid-2013... You know, when we actually discussed characters and didn't try to "win" arguments to fill our insignificant egos, but alas, E3 happened and with everything good comes something bad. Before I stick the (hopefully) final nail on the coffin, allow me to ask you to look at the magnificent statement a wise man once made in my signature (just below the gifs, you can't miss it! ;)).

Anyway, the topic is... Little Mac? I think he would be an interesting character, fighting using a more traditional style. His blandness would actually make him stand out and not in a bad way, actually.

Reznor

work in progress
Leave Saturn alone. He is but Ridley trapped in a human body.

Can you imagine being a predatory space pterodactyl fueled with a constant supply of adrenaline and a stomach full of churning plasma ready to be spewed on your prey in order to melt them to a sizzling goo so they could be slurped down your narrow neck? All that rage and instinct. And that large body you have to haul around.

Now imagine that stuffed inside a human body who likes to write his frothing opinions on a forum site. Before you judge Saturn to harshly, put yourself in his shoes. Primordial hunting behavior of an apex predator in the feeble body of one of us, mere homo-sapiens.

If you want Ridley in Smash, you must accept his human avatar; his human incarnation right here in these forums.

A personality that some may argue is too big; but that everyone would miss if gone.
that premise could work as a really good psychological sci fi book

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still nothing to talk about? Well what about Mach Rider? I don't know you don't see much Mach Rider talk here. Maybe the Excitebike guy, he's cool too.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Marth boring wut?
if this is boring then lol... just lol

I've always seen marth as a fencing type character that controls spacing and stuff.

Though no character in smash is truly boring, especially now with the smash 4 dev team trying to get creative.

If little mac or pacman get in, i'm sure as hell they'll be creative. even chrom.... with a skill activation moveset or something. I still don't like chrom though, but it can be done.

D

Deleted member

@Barlino?

Hey kid, this is what you sound like:

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

Next time you make a threat, how about you do it like a man.

I'd like to see you come get me, just as an fyi, I'm a 2nd degree Blackbelt, and have trained Muay Thai for 3 years, so I'll gladly take your challenge. ;)

What have you got to show?

?????????????

Smash Master
His specials represent his game pretty well and fits his strategic approach. He has a shield breaker, a counter, and a built in combo-maker. All unique specials at the time.
...So do the same for Mac. Punch-Out is all about finding the weaknesses in opponents, dodging around them, and punishing them with combos and powerful blows. Make specials that including dodging, a counter, a combo hit, and powerful attack. Reflects Punch-Out pretty well and fits his strategic approach.

Reznor

work in progress
Marth boring wut?
if this is boring then lol... just lol

I've always seen marth as a fencing type character that controls spacing and stuff.

Though no character in smash is truly boring, especially now with the smash 4 dev team trying to get creative.

If little mac or pacman get in, i'm sure as hell they'll be creative. even chrom.... with a skill activation moveset or something. I still don't like chrom though, but it can be done.
ya that looks boring compared to the rest of the smash cast

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@Barlino?

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable *** off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

I'd like to see you come get me, just as an fyi, I'm a 2nd degree Blackbelt, and have trained Muay Thai for 3 years, so I'll gladly take your challenge. ;)

I think he was trolling you bro.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
...So do the same for Mac. Punch-Out is all about finding the weaknesses in opponents, dodging around them, and punishing them with combos and powerful blows. Make specials that including dodging, a counter, a combo hit, and powerful attack. Reflects Punch-Out pretty well and fits his strategic approach.
So Little Mac would copy Marth, but not have a sword? Sounds horrible.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
@Barlino?

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable *** off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

What do I got? This.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif

Your move.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So much negativity going on right now. Is it always like this?
Not this bad. Really it's just mild internet drama to me. The only thing I though was uncalled for was any insults flung towards at other users. Other than that, no big deal.

Like I suggested before, how about we talk some Mach Rider or Exictebiker? Are they're any other vehicle characters you guys could suggest?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If you call arguments so painful you'd rather punch yourself in the leg until you bruise than listen to it anymore fun...I don't understand your sense of humor. :p

So anyways, does anyone have a moveset for Little Mac yet? Or am I going to have to go digging for my old one? :p
Here you go, I'll do a quickie.

B: Stun Punch
Little Mac stuns the opponent for a short moment, preparing for a slew of combos.

Side B: Bull Rush
Mac uses his old foe Bald Bull's signature move. Mac charges by kicking his leg back, and runs forward to land three strong punches.

Up B: Star Uppercut
No explanation needed.

Down B: Counter Punch
Little Mac slides backwards and runs back to uppercut the opponent quickly. If this is performed in order to avoid an attack, Mac earns a star.

Final Smash: Giga Mac
Yeah you pretty much know this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom