• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Just throwing this out here....
Couldn't Wii Fit Trainer be a historical representation of Nintendo's approach towards the new market? Thus, she fills the spot of "Obligatory" Historical Character?

Reznor

work in progress
Lol..... all mario does is punch and kick for his attacks. I don't see you complaining about that.

marth has a ton of combo potential, that ain't boring.
Mario has Fireballs,Cape,Fludd while Marth has a sword
combo potential doesn't make a character not boring :smirk:

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Not this bad. Really it's just mild internet drama to me. The only thing I though was uncalled for was any insults flung towards at other users. Other than that, no big deal.

Like I suggested before, how about we talk some Mach Rider or Exictebiker? Are they're any other vehicle characters you guys could suggest?
Wasn't Excitebiker suggested by Sakurai at one point during Melee's development? Or am I just crazy?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You go for one little walk and then it's hell-raiser up in here... whatever.

Little Mac? Yeah, I'm okay with this topic. How do you all think they would implement his "stars" if he's included?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Couldn't Wii Fit Trainer be a historical representation of Nintendo's approach towards the new market? Thus, she fills the spot of "Obligatory" Historical Character?
Because nobody but women use Wii Fit.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
@Barlino?

Hey kid, this is what you sound like:

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable *** off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

Next time you make a threat, how about you do it like a man.

I'd like to see you come get me, just as an fyi, I'm a 2nd degree Blackbelt, and have trained Muay Thai for 3 years, so I'll gladly take your challenge. ;)

What have you got to show?
Don't mess with the mayor? :p

Here you go, I'll do a quickie.

B: Stun Punch
Little Mac stuns the opponent for a short moment, preparing for a slew of combos.

Side B: Bull Rush
Mac uses his old foe Bald Bull's signature move. Mac charges by kicking his leg back, and runs forward to land three strong punches.

Up B: Star Uppercut
No explanation needed.

Down B: Counter Punch
Little Mac slides backwards and runs back to uppercut the opponent quickly. If this is performed in order to avoid an attack, Mac earns a star.

Final Smash: Giga Mac
Yeah you pretty much know this one.
I like it, although I don't think Mac using the Bull Rush is overly necessary. If anything, the down B could be made into the side B and the new Down B could be a means to counter projectile attacks since Little Mac will need coverage on the offensive. But that's my two cents. :p

?????????????

Smash Master
So Little Mac would copy Marth, but not have a sword? Sounds horrible.
Not exactly. Without a sword, Mac has little to no range, plus he's short. Little Mac absolutely must rely on dodging, countering, and striking when it's right.

His small size helps him in dodging, and his fighting style and movement can be both faster AND more powerful than Marth's. His game is quick but risky; fast and powerful, but Mac himself can't take a lot of hits. His game is all about taking the opponent out swiftly and smartly, using a good fighter with wits.

...That's how I see it anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok, If you had to pick any Namco character other than the obvious Pac-Man choice, who would you pick? You can ignore any of Sakurai's previous rules if you feel the need to. I think I would pick Jin Kazama or Yoshimitsu from Tekken. Siegfried/Nightmare from Soul Calibur would be a close second to me. Klonoa wouldn't be too bad of a choice either.

Reznor

work in progress
A sword doesn't make a character boring :smirk:

and yes it does, if you got combos, your not boring.
he only has a sword and just does normal swings so that's what I find boring
Ike is a sword guy done right he has some interesting attacks

explain how having a combo is not boring :awesome:

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Ok, If you had to pick any Namco character other than the obvious Pac-Man choice, who would you pick? You can ignore any of Sakurai's previous rules if you feel the need to. I think I would pick Jin Kazama or Yoshimitsu from Tekken. Siegfried/Nightmare from Soul Calibur would be a close second to me. Klonoa wouldn't be too bad of a choice either.
Nightmare from Soul Calibur is easily my choice

?????????????

Smash Master
I'd go with Lloyd Irving, or some other Tales protagonist.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I've ignored him.

Peace.
That's friggin nice.
You have an impression of someone after one day, and you ignore them.
And you don't just ignore SaturnGamer. Wouldn't you want to see what he says so you can make counter-arguments, which is the whole point of this thread?

Your getting off to a great start here.

I suppose you are about to ignore me for posting this.
Don't.
I actually post something funny and/or serious every now and then, like the act that Krystal's shadow looks like a break-dancing Professor E. Gadd.
image.jpg

See the resemblance?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We'll have to see till after release to see if we get any "historical" character, until then, I still disagree that that she's one of the historical characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wasn't Excitebiker suggested by Sakurai at one point during Melee's development? Or am I just crazy?
I think so. But he wasn't entirely sure how to implement him properly with his bike. This is why the Ice Climbers were chosen over him. Since they had an interesting playstyle and were easier to develop a moveset for.

Gune

Smash Lord
A three way tie between yoshimitsu Nightmare and Valkyrie.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
We'll have to see till after release to see if we get any "historical" character, until then, I still disagree that that she's one of the historical characters.
Hmmm....
If an actual Historical Represenative comes out, I'll take your point.
If not, WFT seems to be the Historical Rep.
Sounds Peachy?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You're saying boring people just tap A on the controller and it's boring?
I see what your doing.

people who camp and air dodge the whole time and ledge stall. that's boring. the characters themselves aren't boring, its the people who play them that make them boring.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well GameFAQS is full of ignorant Daisy supporters and Ridley detractors.
IGN I have nothing bad to say about, really.
Um, no. They don't support Daisy, they support DIHSO.

That's friggin nice.
You have an impression of someone after one day, and you ignore them.
And you don't just ignore SaturnGamer. Wouldn't you want to see what he says so you can make counter-arguments, which is the whole point of this thread?

Your getting off to a great start here.

I suppose you are about to ignore me for posting this.
Don't.
I actually post something funny and/or serious every now and then, like the act that Krystal's shadow looks like a break-dancing Professor E. Gadd.
View attachment 7443

See the resemblance?
That's...surprisingly harsh.

----

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
KOS-MOS.

Reznor

work in progress
Can YOU do a combo that quickly in real life?
yes :smash:
can I pick the space ship from Galaga :nervous:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yoshimitsu or Nightmare would be my choices as well.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Yeah, he was considered.
But "you'd have to install ramps on all the levels for him to be playable."

andimidna

Smash Master
How to end an argument and start a new one:

Impa is an awful choice

JK Impa is the best choice

Ghirahim for Smash, he should replace Ganondorf

Ridley is too big

Cranky Kong>King K Rool

Little Mac is too little

Status