• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's funny how telling this is. First off, it's Opossum. Opossums and possums are completely different animals, Saturn. The opossum (specifically the Virginia opossum) was discovered in 1608 by the western world when Captain John Smith first came to the New World, and saw one. Upon hearing the description of the natives, he learned that they called it an "apasum," which was Algonquian for "white beast." As language changed, it became spelled as "opossum."
Skip ahead about one hundred years, when Captain James Cook heads to Australia. Here, he and his crew see animals that look vaguely similar to opossums, and in a moment of sheer creativity, decide to call them "possums." Eventually, folks in the US decided to be lazy and drop the "O," leading to much confusion.
....I actually did not know this.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I had an idea once for implementing King Boo, as far as jumping and recovery goes.

Instead of jumping, holding the joystick up allows King Boo to levitate upward. Instead of having two jumps, he can levitate for a set amount of time, which is indicated by King Boo's size; as he levitates, he shrinks, regrowing when he touches the ground.
I always associated Boos more with the fact that they can make nothing hurt them, as they're almost always invincible to attacks, so instead of floating, I designed it so that King Boo doesn't block, but instead goes invisible. He can only hold it for so long before he gets exhausted like a shield break, but the only plus is that King Boo can move around with it active, which will in turn add the negative effect of it deteriorating faster.

Hell no, I don't want to be associated with that overrated furry bait.
She's not a furry- (Holds tongue) Nevermind, nevermind. :p It's not worth going off on a tangent over...even if I'm correct.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Well which market are you trying to go for? Americans? the Japanese? People from the 90's? Hollywood?

For American audiences, you need to make him really buff and bald. Also angry, people love that stuff in the States. Japan really likes it when young men look like might be women, so lose the muscle and give him a small nose. Slap on a metro hairstyle and you're gold! If it's the 90's crowd, give him a backwards cap and some ripped jeans, that'll win them over. Or make him into a Cyborg, everyone loves Cyborgs. /sarcasm

I dunno, make his face more realistic? Give him his NES hairstyle?
I've got it. I've compared Little Mac's design to other prominent fictional boxers. He just needs to be shirtless.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Speaking of Mac, how do you think his design would look in Smash 4?
Like his Punch Out Wii self entirely, or some extra details harkening back to NES.
I think that he will be Wii Mac, with a few retro details.

andimidna

Smash Master
King Boo would be a neat addition, I just hope they'd have him in his Luigi's Mansion appearance, not the generic boo with a crown one in Mario games.
Since Luigi is a Mario character in SSB, he'd be too. It gets a little complicated there... but they could easily have 6 Mario characters.

?????????????

Smash Master
Like his Punch Out Wii self entirely, or some extra details harkening back to NES.
Probably Wii Mac with additional details that make him stand out in HD, like Samus' SSB4 design. Actually, his Punch-Out Wii coloration fits into SSB4 stylistically pretty darn well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
King Boo would be a neat addition, I just hope they'd have him in his Luigi's Mansion appearance, not the generic boo with a crown one in Mario games.
Since Luigi is a Mario character in SSB, he'd be too. It gets a little complicated there... but they could easily have 6 Mario characters.
He can be his own series. Just slap a boo icon and we're done.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think it'll be standard Wii Mac, but maybe add in a small Smash Bros symbol on his shorts or something, seeing as he likes to change outfits depending on what circuit he's fighting in. :)

?????????????

Smash Master
If Mac were playable, it would be great if they implemented a visible damage system for him. Like, the higher his damage percentage is, the more beat-up he looks.

Then, that could transfer to his victory pose if he wins the match to correlate with Punch-Out Wii when he wins a match.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Krystal wont be a clone if she makes it, was that what was being argued?
Please don't bring it up again.
I think it'll be standard Wii Mac, but maybe add in a small Smash Bros symbol on his shorts or something, seeing as he likes to change outfits depending on what circuit he's fighting in. :)
That's perfect. Maybe a tiny little Smash Ball on the corner of his t-shirt too.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Probably Wii Mac with additional details that make him stand out in HD, like Samus' SSB4 design. Actually, his Punch-Out Wii coloration fits into SSB4 stylistically pretty darn well.
Pretty much this, but much closer to his actual artwork compared to his in game model from that game which wasn't quite as good.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pretty much this, but much closer to his actual artwork compared to his in game model from that game which wasn't quite as good.
His Brawl model makes me want to vomit.
His Punch Out Wii model is pretty great imo, but the artwork Mac looks really cool.
And why is the topic Wonder Pets all of the sudden?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel that he should look like a slightly more realistic version of Punch-Out Wii's version. With the newer hairstyle and tanned skin.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
His Punch Out Wii model is pretty great imo, but the artwork Mac looks really cool.
Oh, thank you. I almost forgot what it was called.

Not that I needed to know or anything...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
THE DAY HAS COME. That I find a new avatar.
Wow, and after TEN whole days, too.

Childhood, is that you?
....You must be pretty young if you see that as part of your childhood. That show was on around 2006-2007. I was 14-15 at the time. This is one of those times when I realize just how old I've gotten. D=

----

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
My only question is...how tall will Little Mac stand next to characters? The guy's grown over a foot since the NES days, he's 5'7", almost a foot shorter than myself, and yet that's still decently tall compared to the characters of Smash. How does that all work? I mean, it'd be weird to see a guy with a normal body the size of Sonic the Hedgehog. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Seriously...
Like, I'm not the only one who despises Mac's Brawl model, right?
My only question is...how tall will Little Mac stand next to characters? The guy's grown over a foot since the NES days, he's 5'7", almost a foot shorter than myself, and yet that's still decently tall compared to the characters of Smash. How does that all work? I mean, it'd be weird to see a guy with a normal body the size of Sonic the Hedgehog. :p
Probably Link sized, I would imagine.
And man, you are tall.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Seriously...
Like, I'm not the only one who despises Mac's Brawl model, right?
The only thing I don't like about the Brawl Model is the head...he looks like he's in his 30s and his hair makes him look like Moe from the Three Stooges. :p

Probably Link sized, I would imagine.
And man, you are tall.
6'4". :p Too bad I iz done growin though. :c

?????????????

Smash Master
I think it'd actually be pretty great to keep him at the size he was in Brawl.

I guess at the least, I would want him to be at a size consistent to Donkey Kong; same size difference as their appearances in Punch-Out Wii.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just make him about Peach's height. Or maybe slightly shorter.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The only thing I don't like about the Brawl Model is the head...he looks like he's in his 30s and his hair makes him look like Moe from the Three Stooges. :p
Basically this. He looked kinda sweaty too. It's weird.
I think it'd actually be pretty great to keep him at the size he was in Brawl.
Eh, I'd rather him be human sized. It'd be weird to have him so small in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom