• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Do two certain characters have to ruin the whole roster. :glare:
Who would those be?
Nintendog and Mr. Hanafuda?
Oh, and Mr. Brainagedudeiforgethisname.
But there are other things wrong with your roster.
Especially Diddy and Dixie. And I'm sorry, but characters you keep pushing like Prince Sable aren't going to make it in this time around.
I'm sorry.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
When one of those characters is your OC, yes.
Just say that I'm predicting a Hanafuda card character, since everyone is starting to hate my concept. :glare:

Especially Diddy and Dixie. And I'm sorry, but characters you keep pushing like Prince Sable aren't going to make it in this time around.
I'm sorry.
Inb4 Diddy+Dixie almost made it in Brawl.
Also I'm predicting two retros from Japan, Takamaru and Prince Sable.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I honestly think the best way to implement Hanafuda into a moveset (which I agree is a good idea) is with Nintendouji, the character designed to represent Nintendo itself who fights with cards:

Too bad he's so unlikely, he'd be quite an interesting addition imo.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Thank you. This is all I've ever been trying to prove about Paper Mario - not that he should be a clone, or even that he would be a clone, just that stranger things have happened in the past. :p

Paper Mario, I feel, would more likely end up as a 'fake clone' as I dub it, similar to Jigglypuff and Dedede. Jigglypuff has similar stats, build and animations as Kirby but is fundamentally different, and likewise Dedede is a very different character to Kirby but has the multiple mid-air jumps, the hammer (though used very differently) and the neutral-B suck-up allowing for Dedede-cides.

For example, everything about Paper Mario would be mostly different, and he'd probably be one of the lightest characters in the game (in league with Squirtle and Mr. Game and Watch), but it just seems fitting to me that a few of his moves are taken from Mario, or have similar properties. Mario and Luigi have iconic Up-B's, and I think it'd work smoothly for Paper Mario to share that Up-B, but like Luigi's it'd have enough quirks of its own to feel like a very different move. Likewise, his back throw (where he spins around and throws someone behind him) would be very visually pleasing as Paper Mario because he'd grab them and then spin around, revealing his flatness, adding a new twist on Mario's old back throw. There's a couple of other moves, that should share similarities - for example, I feel his forward aerial should be a meteor smash just like Mario's - but apart from that Paper Mario should stand on his own two feet.

It's tricky, because Paper Mario has enough to be completely 100% unique and not share any features with any other characters - but something in the back of my head says Sakurai would make him share 3 or 4 features with regular Mario just for the sake of familiarity.
He'd probably be the floatiest character in the game.

Going a tad bit off topic here but after looking at Saturn's assist trophy roster, God Robert's Cousin and I made one of our own.

It still could probably have a few characters shaven off, but each character is up there with what they will actually do in mind.
It was fun stuff
For starters I'd say that assist trophies should be more than just fighters, and should never be someone who directly shares moves with another character (Louie, Slippy, Blue, Dark Samus. I don't really know what Tails, Brewster, or ROB would do. I had Duck Hunt Dog as a dud trophy btw.

EDIT: I had the idea of Roy as an Assist Trophy too.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I honestly think the best way to implement Hanafuda into a moveset (which I agree is a good idea) is with Nintendouji, the character designed to represent Nintendo itself who fights with cards:

Too bad he's so unlikely, he'd be quite an interesting addition imo.
From my POV, that's seems like a good idea now when I think about it, but he's from a DSiware title, probably more obscure, which makes him sorta WTF.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really think a Hanafuda character would be a perfect tribute to Mr. Yaumuchi.
Ironic considering Mr. Yamauchi (the one who recently passed) was the one who brought it away from the Hanafuda card business. If anything, it'd be a fitting tribute to the original Mr. Yamauchi, the first president who started Nintendo solely for Hanafuda.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Do two certain characters have to ruin the whole roster. :glare:
Mii is already pushing it for me, personally. But then Nintendog, Dr. Kawashima, Mr. Hanafuda... We already have retro characters and casual-series characters, and I don't want some an OC on the roster. If we had to get an OC, I'd rather it be Smash-exclusive to represent Smash Bros. itself, not a deck of cards with arms and legs.
From my POV, that's seems like a good idea now when I think about it, but he's from a DSiware title, probably more obscure, which makes him sorta WTF.
An actually licensed character on the eShop is more obscure than a deck with artificial limbs?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At least he's an existing character, which is a lot less WTF than an OC that's really just a deck of cards with limbs.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Look s like you used a Assist Trophy as an excuse to have the other characters you want in th game.

Also most of them are pretty good choices anyway
Actually I'm being honest with this. It's a list of characters that can likely be assist trophies. I'm not like those idiots who is like "I don't want that character he should be assist trophy" I actually would prefer playing as several of these people

>Nintendog
>Chrome
>Hanafuda
>Zoroark
>Mii
>PacMan

Disgusting

See me after class.
What's wrong with any of those besides Nintendog, and Hanafuda?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'll switch into Nintendouji if you're gonna rant about a Hanafuda character concept.
That would be a lot better. The amount of WTF additions is already large on that roster, but using an actually existent character is at least the lesser evil.
You guys understand that Mii and Pac-Man are extremely likely, right?
They're on my roster.
They're on Louie G.'s roster. Drop everything guys, they're pretty much confirmed.

#ReadingTooMuchIntoWording

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll switch into Nintendouji if you're gonna rant about a Hanafuda character concept.
Nintendouji himself isn't that likely of a character, but compared to "Mr. Hanafuda" (who really amounts to an inanimate object with appendages - not something that seems overly likely) he's the better choice.

D

Deleted member

Actually I'm being honest with this. It's a list of characters that can likely be assist trophies. I'm not like those idiots who is like "I don't want that character he should be assist trophy" I actually would prefer playing as several of these people

Everything is wrong with them...

?????????????

Smash Master
Wait, so what were we arguing about??

Lets just agree that Chrome-boy is boring and Lyn should in instead, lol.
Well first, I don't think Chrom is boring. After Ike and Lyn, Chrom and Lucina would be tied for my next picks. Above Marth and Roy (with Marth above Roy). I'd put Hector in-between (Chrom/Lucina and Marth). Eliwood above Roy.

In any case, while I like Lyn as a character more than Chrom, that doesn't mean I think she's more likely. It seems WAY OFF to me that they'd add a character who hasn't starred since 2003 as opposed to one who has starred recently (in a more successful game no less).

If I was just going with personal favorite characters, my ideal roster would include Sceptile. But just because I like a character doesn't mean I think it's the best rep or the most likely rep for SSB.

Bajef8

Smash Ace

Nintendog: Fo real doe?
An OC inanimate object w/ limbs: Are you really fo real doe? (I know you covered those 2, just felt like including them.)
Mii: Seriously? I don't want Ninty's cheesy avatars to be in a fighting about All-Stars.
Zoroark: A seemingly, not as popular Lucario/Mewtwo, who is not getting the Mega Evolution (at least as of yet) and is a gen old by now (look at gen 3 in Brawl....oh wait). Not happening.
Pac--Man: The least iconic form of the iconic gaming character? When Sakurai stated he isn't just adding any 3rd party? He added NES/retro Mega Man for Christ's sake, he isn't adding cheesy platformer Pac-Man.
Chrom: I think he just hates Chrom, I'm okay with him.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I doubt it'd be Blaziken. Plusle & Minun make a more unique character and are a duo. Besides, Blaziken is a starter. Zoroark's time has passed. Pokemon has moved on to Genesect.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Zoroark > Genesect.
Blaziken > Plusle and Minun.
No playable 5th Gen. rep > Zoroark > Genesect
Pokemon Trainer May > Blaziken > Plusle and Minun
I doubt it'd be Blaziken. Plusle & Minun make a more unique character and are a duo. Besides, Blaziken is a starter. Zoroark's time has passed. Pokemon has moved on to Genesect.
A Pichu-clone duo, like the intended Diddy/Dixie and pretty much assured Ice Climbers, more unique than Blaziken? ...Well, yeah, but Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken would still be more fun, gotta admit. Charizard is a starter too. Guess he's excluded, right?

And Pokemon has moved on to Generation 6 lol. Genesect's time has passed. At the very least Zoroark remains the attempted poster-boy of the generation much as Lucario is to Gen. 4. Genesect is more recent, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom