• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor

work in progress
So if I was to make a new roster with Pikachu, JigglyPuff, Mewtwo, and Pokemon Trainer. And I want to have a Pokemon that's NEVER been in SSB before, who should I add?

• Sylveon
  • Gold/Silver Trainer
  • X/YTrainer
  • Genesect
I choose Johto trainer not only do we get 3 pokemon but there is also nostalgia

random fact gen 2 was supposed to be the end of pokemon

also Hotfeet says

Since I'm blocked tell him this. Choose Sylveon or Eevee, and Genesect was a primal beast whose fossil was turned into a robotic creature by Team Plasma scientists to be the ultimate hunter, outfitted with a special cannon that will switch types by the use of drives, switching between six different drives. It was the first pokemon created with actual evil intent intended for its uses.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I want to apoligize to anybody in advance if I ever sounded rude in a situation I shouldn't. I do have aspergers so I do worry I may come off giving the wrong impression and don't usually recognize most hint or indication from other people that I'm being rude. And I'm tired of everyone complaining so why don't I put this out there:

1. Dry Bowser is admittedly unlikely to be more than a costume, but I still stand by the possibility.
  2. You can forget about Ninten & Eirika.
  3. I never once thought that Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard SHOULD be removed from Smash Brothers, I was simply experimenting with possible Pokemon outcomes to see what people thought.
  4. Skull Kid is deserving enough for Smash, although I can't say he's entirely unlikely, I don't see him getting in unless of special reasons, and I guess Majora's Mask being the most popular Zelda title is a special reason. I don't agree he's impossible or undeserving, but that's my opinion and I'm sure you won't mind if I think Skull Kid is deserving for smash as it's my harmless opinion.
So does that make people happier?

Point still stands. Running out of ideas is not the same as 'killing it off'.
What I meant to say is that maybe he fears he wouldn't be able to top it or would prefer the perfect trilogy to stay the way it is rather than taint it. Kind of an anti George Lucas approach.
(I actually kind of liked the last 2 Star Wars Prequels.)

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS BEFORE I REPLACE KALOS TRAINER WITH GENESECT? GOING ONCE................GOING TWICE............

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ok SUPER What If scenario.

Say we have Eevee. (Because why not, there's Pikachu for Red/Ash, Jigglypuff for Green/Leaf... so Eevee for Blue/Gary)

What if he had an Evolutionary gimmick where, depending on your actions on the battlefield, he could turn into a stronger clone of himself, being any of the eeveelutions.

This is just a vague idea... and disregard the ammount of effor put into this by Sakurai if it were to happen, but what if when you use Eevee, when enough time passes, Eevee will start glowing white, that's when the player can choose to evolve him into something different depending on what moves have been used the most:

Abusing grounded "A" moves will make Eevee evolve into: ESPEON
Abusing Smash Attacks will make Eevee evolve into: UMBREON
Abusing Recovery moves will make Eevee evolve into: VAPOREON
Abusing Special (non-recovery) moves will make Eevee evolve into: FLAREON
Abusing Grab moves will make Eevee evolve into: LEAFEON
Abusing Aerial moves will make Eevee evolve into: JOLTEON
Abusing Taunts will make Eevee evolve into: SYLVEON
Abusing Shielding will make Eevee evolve into: GLACEON

Reznor

work in progress

Say we have Eevee. (Because why not, there's Pikachu for Red/Ash, Jigglypuff for Green/Leaf... so Eevee for Blue/Gary)

What if he had an Evolutionary gimmick where, depending on your actions on the battlefield, he could turn into a stronger clone of himself, being any of the eeveelutions.

This is just a vague idea... and disregard the ammount of effor put into this by Sakurai if it were to happen, but what if when you use Eevee, when enough time passes, Eevee will start glowing white, that's when the player can choose to evolve him into something different depending on what moves have been used the most:

or maybe you can choose which eeveelution you want to be
when you start turning white stop moving and press a button and depending on what button you pressed you change into that pokemon

Gune

Smash Lord
They should just add Mewtwo and call it a day, cutting another rep because you want to add someone because the series will be all veterans is stupid.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

I was thinking a random Down + B would have been better, after obtaining over 50% damage, you can randomly evolve into one of the eight eeveelutions and stay that way until you're KOd, which would restart the process over again as you restart as Eevee. That or you could just keep Eevee Eevee and use the other Eeveelutions in a final smash or just use Sylveon, either one works.

They should just add Mewtwo and call it a day, cutting another rep because you want to add someone because the series will be all veterans is stupid.
Normally I would agree, but with Pokemon, it's a different story. The series is always changing, new things are always being introduced, and having all the same things is freaking BORING. I always like what new things Pokemon brings to the table, and just keeping everything the same just doesn't fit the series at all. It's not like the Mario series or the Zelda series, who have essentially the main protagonist and same antagonist and similar worlds, Pokemon always introduces new characters, new villains, new pokemon, new worlds, new everything. It just doesn't feel right to leave it as is.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

What would the positive effect of this be? Will the moves become stronger for the form it turns into?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

If that was real, I'd say that would be extremely gimmicky. People would be able to tell what you're attempting to transform into a mile away, based on how you're playing in particular. Unless the forms are all only aesthetic in terms of being different, Espeon and Leafeon will obviously be the most common forms for advanced players. Meanwhile, Sylveon and Glaceon will have a major lack in use considering the time taken to play defensively rather than actually trying to damage your opponent. To add to all that, if they are all only aesthetic in difference, I don't see what intrinsic value comes from evolving mid-battle like that. I'd be all the extra work of modeling and coding a major character like that without any real pay-off beyond those in particular who are fans of Eevee.

I mean, yeah, it's a 'what-if', but I wouldn't be too excited for it, to be honest.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So if I was to make a new roster with Pikachu, JigglyPuff, Mewtwo, and Pokemon Trainer. And I want to have a Pokemon that's NEVER been in SSB before, who should I add?

• Sylveon
  • Gold/Silver Trainer
  • X/YTrainer
  • Genesect
Also can someone give me a little lesson on the history of Genesect in Pokemon & Anime, as well as abilities. Also what is his rating of likeliness on this site and why?
Again, if you want 2 PTs wouldn't it make sense to make them both multi gen? Like have PT 1 be designed based off of gens 1-3 with a Pokemon line-up of like Charizard, Grovyle, and Totodile and PT 2 be designed based of gens 4-6 with a Pokemon line-up of like Infernape, Dewot, and Chespin? That wasy we not only get all gens repped but a plentiful amount of new Pokemon. :/

I would go with Evee over Sylveon myself, but that is personal prefrence. I would also go with Zoroak over Genesect, but again personal prefence.

Also on the subject of a way for a evolution mechanic to work for Evee.... Why not have it be based on envoriment? Like for example on Green Greens Evee would evolve into Leafeon after X amount of time or damage, time would be better though imo, while one aplace like Delfino Evee would go into Vapeoreon, while one a place like IC summit Glaceon, ect..... It makes stage picking important for Evee in competive play and all that na dis pretty resonable without it being complicated or random. :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why not just make the Pokemon roster Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Lucario? That seems by far the most likely...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why not just make the Pokemon roster Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Lucario? That seems by far the most likely...
Again, because they are all veterans. When there is over 600 Pokemon it seems incredibly weird to not add a new one. That seems like more of a personal preference thing to do. I don't see why having Pokemon be all veterans is likely.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Again, because they are all veterans. When there is over 600 Pokemon it seems incredibly weird to not add a new one. That seems like more of a personal preference thing to do. I don't see why having Pokemon be all veterans is likely.
I see the Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo scenario to be the most likely because they're the most requested, people generally don't like cuts, and the fact that not every generation needs to be represented. Just the way I see things.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Maybe it's just me, but it just seems kind of boring, but I'm extremely torn. I want all of those characters to come back, but I want a newcomer at the same time. I just really hope that getting a completely new (IE not Mewtwo) Pokemon doesn't mean that one of those mentioned won't be finished in time for release.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I was thinking a random Down + B would have been better, after obtaining over 50% damage, you can randomly evolve into one of the eight eeveelutions and stay that way until you're KOd, which would restart the process over again as you restart as Eevee. That or you could just keep Eevee Eevee and use the other Eeveelutions in a final smash or just use Sylveon, either one works.

Well, I can't argue that this would be by far less gimmicky and overall better.

I was thinking that each evolution would have slighty different stats, but the only move that would be different among them would be its neutral B.

B: (Elemental attack) Fire Spin, Thunderbolt, Bubblebeam, Psybeam, Feint Attack, Ice Beam, etc
Bdown: Sand Attack
Bup: Agility (Like Pikachu's)
Btilt: Swift

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm in agreement with Opossum, I think of the Pokemon choices, the veterans are the ones that stand out the most and have the most popularity. There's no character in the franchise right now that compares to them and because of that I wouldn't be surprised if we just got them for SSB4.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
  • Sylveon
  • Gold/Silver Trainer
  • X/YTrainer
  • Genesect
Out of those choices, Genesect would be the best to avoid potential clones and it has a good fanbase.

Also can someone give me a little lesson on the history of Genesect in Pokemon & Anime, as well as abilities. Also what is his rating of likeliness on this site and why?
Genesect is currently Uber by Smogon standards (which means it's pretty good) due to Download (its ability), good offenses, great moveset, good speed with Choice Scarf, the lovely U-Turn, but he does have weak defenses (by Uber standards).

In the 16th movie, 5 Genesects led by a Shiny Genesect rampage in New York where they eventually fight Mewtwo's new form. In the anime, they just are shown causing destruction in a flashback.

Personally I think Mewtwo is more likely to get in and he does have a new form (Awakening form) and move (Psystrike) representing the new generations, albeit lazily. Mewtwo is heavily desired as well for a return.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
What about my idea for Evee evolving? That way it is neither random or to complicated, and is a great thing to think about when it comes to counter picking stages in competitive play.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What about my idea for Evee evolving? That way it is neither random or to complicated, and is a great thing to think about when it comes to counter picking stages in competitive play.
I like it too. I was thinking about doing that JUST for Espeon/Umbreon, but I guess using it for all of them would be better and far less complicated as well.

I'm REALLLY sold on Eevee, but I have a feeling that saying this will result in a barrage of flames coming my way for supporting another Gen 1 Pokemon. :p

Truth is... I also support Meowth. And I can't think of 1 non-Gen 1 that I would want.

I see the Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo scenario to be the most likely because they're the most requested, people generally don't like cuts, and the fact that not every generation needs to be represented. Just the way I see things.
Yeah, I really see this scenario as well.
Mewtwo would be essentially the "Newcocmer" in SSB4.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm in agreement with Opossum, I think of the Pokemon choices, the veterans are the ones that stand out the most and have the most popularity. There's no character in the franchise right now that compares to them and because of that I wouldn't be surprised if we just got them for SSB4.

You make Eevee sad...

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Seems like way too much effort put into a character that isn't THAT important, It would be like if pokemon trainer had 6 pokemon AND could fist fight by himself!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Less effort then some of the other ideas going about for possible mechanics of Evee evolving.
Here's my idea for a less effort eevee, let's have either Eevee or Sylveon instead of incorporating an obnoxious non-sensical gimmick that would make it probably the most hard to learn character in the game!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You gotta give Eevee some credit... He's relevant in EVERY gen (except maybe gen 5) since he gets more evolutions all the time.

... I'm calling a Dead Eevee Ghost Type evolution called... Ghouleon.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I want to apoligize to anybody in advance if I ever sounded rude in a situation I shouldn't. I do have aspergers so I do worry I may come off giving the wrong impression and don't usually recognize most hint or indication from other people that I'm being rude. And I'm tired of everyone complaining so why don't I put this out there:
I think people might say you are using excuses. I'm an Aspie as well.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS BEFORE I REPLACE KALOS TRAINER WITH GENESECT? GOING ONCE................GOING TWICE............
Dunno, man.

---
On the subject of Pokemon, I kinda want Meowth as a new starter character but I don't think it'll happen.

----

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
You gotta give Eevee some credit... He's relevant in EVERY gen (except maybe gen 5) since he gets more evolutions all the time.

To be fair if having a new evolution in a gen makes you relevant then Probopass should've been in brawl :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't talking about representing Gen 6, I was talking about having a Pokemon character that hasn't been playable before. That's what I meant by a NEW Pokemon character.

I think people might say you are using excuses. I'm an Aspie as well.
I DO have aspergers, I didn't bring it up, because it didn't seem significant, but apparently it is.

Lol, I have the feeling Noah has me on ignore since he pretty much ignored my reply to one of his posts. lol
I don't ignore people unless they just want to be rude. And I apoligize, bu your post is only 35 Minutes old, I do other things besides SmashBoards so I don't get to every post immediately. What was it about your post that you felt I should comment about?

I think if that were the case Mewtwo would be have been prioritized over Lucario in Brawl. And Genesect fits the description Sakurai gave on how he decides which Pokemon he adds. I can't really imagine Sakurai not adding a new Pokemon is some way. But, I see what you're getting at.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Seems like way too much effort put into a character that isn't THAT important, It would be like if pokemon trainer had 6 pokemon AND could fist fight by himself!
Eevee is a VERY important pokemon...:c

Sorry Eevee but Sakurai seems to like avoiding you.. :(
Well I can somewhat understand why. He obviously acknowledges the existence of the Eeveelutions by the trophy in Brawl, but it's more along the lines of he can't choose favorites between several new Eeveelutions, which would be a bad business decision. He'd have to choose one, but what if...there was only one new one to choose from?

It's got the popularity, the media attention, the anime, the new movie, toys, and all sorts of variable merchandise...and why not represent a very popular pokemon that has been catchable in every generation to date, and available in almost every game except for the main three Gen 3 titles, being the pokemon most used for a starter, even in the Pokemon Conquest crossover, The Eevee family is definitely important enough to the franchise as a whole to deserve the recognition of a playable character. But then again, it's all speculation. But seriously, barely anything of the Eevee family in Smash Bros is very insulting...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Here's my idea for a less effort eevee, let's have either Eevee or Sylveon instead of incorporating an obnoxious non-sensical gimmick that would make it probably the most hard to learn character in the game!
First off it is just possible ideas for a possible gimmick for a possible character. 2nd of all we all know how Sakurai loves his gimmicks and it has even been a reason why he has chosen a few of the characters he has in the past. But if it comes down between those 2 it has to go to Evee. Also I have to disagree with you on it making Evee the hardest character to learn. First off let's presume it will most likely only change Specials at the most, though it could also increase hit boxes due to bigger size. Meaning once you learn Evee it won't be to hard to learn the other evolutions, espically if the Specials functions simmilar to each other in the end making the only big difference would be increased size and thus bigger hit boxes which isn't even that big of a change anyway, with the other big differnce being weight and possibly speed. So once you learn Evee it will probably mean you will already have a good grasp on it's evolutions. Now going off of my idea, it would become important to learn the stages, but that also isn't to bad.

I don't ignore people unless they just want to be rude. And I apoligize, bu your post is only 35 Minutes old, I do other things besides SmashBoards so I don't get to every post immediately. What was it about your post that you felt I should comment about?
Is the fact that it was reply to one of your posts not good enough? lol

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Actually, Eevee is still relevant in Gen 5. It's the first time you can naturally catch one in a route rather than being that of a special gift, and is obtainable from the creator of Unova's PC system in both Black/White and Black 2/White 2 that comes with a special ability.

To be fair if having a new evolution in a gen makes you relevant then Probopass should've been in brawl :p
Either you really have something against Eevee as a whole or you don't quite understand how popular the Eevee family as a whole let alone Eevee and the Eeveelutions seperately. Nobody cares about Nosepass, Eevee is an incredibly popular pokemon worldwide, and is still continuing to prove to be popular and relevant as it's confirmed to be catchable X/Y as well, meaning so far it's the only pokemon to be obtainable in all six generations of Pokemon games, something not even Pikachu has done as it was not catchable in any of Generation 5.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't feel like quoting but I wanted to comment about the FE debate. For starters, FE is immensely popular in Japan. I want to emphasis massively popular. Most of my students either play, have played, or know of it. The most recent game was advertised to the extent of Pokemon. Hell, when I went into the game store on its opening day, the staff were wearing blue hair wigs that look like Chrom and carried fake swords. The line stretched out of the door and down the sidewalk.

Secondly, FE has been a important franchise with a lot of history; dating back to the NES I believe. As well, if I'm not mistaken, Sigurd was intended for SSB (or Marth).

Lastly, I am in full support of more FE content including an increase to three characters. Despite that, I've never played a FE game. You don't have to be a fan of the franchise to support it. I did my research and learned a lot of FE and its characters.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Either you really have something against Eevee as a whole or you don't quite understand how popular the Eevee family as a whole let alone Eevee and the Eeveelutions seperately. Nobody cares about Nosepass, Eevee is an incredibly popular pokemon worldwide, and is still continuing to prove to be popular and relevant as it's confirmed to be catchable X/Y as well.
****, really? I might just get X/Y so I can have a team of Eveelutions since Evee is catchable. O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom