• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If we get 2 PTs the PTs should end up ebing multi-gen with one being gens 1-3 and the other beings gens 4-6. This way all of the Pokemon gens get repped.

But please for the love of all that is holy get ride of the stamina mechanic and get rid of forced switching. Oh and no switch lag and being able to switch through the taunt buttons (with the taunt buttons being assigned to a sifferent Pokemon) would be nice to. Then I would main PT.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Kalos Trainer would be good.

I think if we can replace Lucario with Zoroark, then we can replace Lucario with Newtwo. So I put Kalos Trainer as my 5th rep.
I'm against the idea of a 6th gen trainer. We haven't even seen the evolutions of the starters, and the roster has already been finalized some time ago. I don't see how they would get in.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
First one is an inside joke among the Japanese. Snake in the Japan version is voiced by the personon who voices Eggman. Get the inside joke now?
Second one, isn't there a simmilar thing with Dedede? So Sakurai dislikes his own characters? o.o
Last one, you said it, time constraints.
Holy f*** I didn't know that! And this coming from someone who knew that the voice of Big the Cat is from the same guy who casts the voice for Duke Nukem. :O

Sonic was the most popular character wanted so it is kinda understandable due to this. Plus Sonic was also planned for Melee I believe to, at least according to did you know gaming.
Oh I remember this. :D It was one of my pro-arguents for Sonic in Brawl.

Sonic actually isn't that bad of character, and is actually very scary when in the right hands. A few people in my area main Sonic and are very good with him and are very scary when they use Sonic. lol

Well... being a Sonic main myself... I can see that. I just think he should have had a few faster moves, or kill power, but he lacked both. XD
But sure, having a bad moveset doesn't mean he's impossible to use. I did have to put up with a year or two of lose-lose-lose-lose before I started winning matches. T.T

-
Still I think Snake is almost as likely to come back as Sonic is. I just hope they don't cut anyone in the end.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
so some one like Goku is as much a anime character as he is a video game character?

they are still anime character a cameo in one game doesn't change that
I didn't say they were more of a game character or equal to game character status. I simply said that they are not anime or manga only as they did appear in the game. Same as Goku isn't anime only anymore. That was all I was saying. Why do people put wors in other peoples mouths. ._.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But honestly, I believe Jesse and James can be compared to ROB. They're Nintendo property, but they didn't originate in a game.

Reznor

work in progress
I didn't say they were more of a game character or equal to game character status. I simply said that they are not anime or manga only as they did appear in the game. Same as Goku isn't anime only anymore. That was all I was saying. Why do people put wors in other peoples mouths. ._.
you said they were games characters but I have to disagree
honestly you might be right they are Video games characters technically but they are originally from the anime that is why I dislike having them be playable

mimgrim

Smash Hero
you said they were games characters but I have to disagree
honestly you might be right they are Video games characters technically but they are originally from the anime that is why I dislike having them be playable
Doesn't matter where they orignated from. They got put into a video game and are thus now video game characters and anime characters. They jsut appear in the anime allot more. And what about ROB? He didn't originate in a video game. e_e

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Do you even read? (-_-)

They did not ORIGINATE in a game.

You make a fine point.
They ARE Nintendo property despite not originating in the games.

... However the concept of Team Rocket DID originate in the games, it's just their identities which didn't... so Jesse and James are in quite a gray area... but not so much that Sakurai couldn't easily ignore.

Speaking of which, I haven't followed them as much lately, but what current-gen Pokemon do they have now?

Last I saw Jesse Serviper, but that's it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm against the idea of a 6th gen trainer. We haven't even seen the evolutions of the starters, and the roster has already been finalized some time ago. I don't see how they would get in.
Does that mean changes can't be made? If so doesn't that mean Newtwo and Chrom aren't getting in? Also when asked about Mewtwo Sakurai said he was "thinking about it" so doesn't this mean changes can be made.

Sakurai might add Kalos Trainer because it's the best way to represent gen 6 so far. But, then again we have Mewtwo's new form. But, then again we need a Pokemon that hasn't been playable yet.

Reznor

work in progress
Doesn't matter where they orignated from. They got put into a video game and are thus now video game characters and anime characters. They jsut appear in the anime allot more. And what about ROB? He didn't originate in a video game. e_e
R.O.B is video game hardware and important to nintendo's history R.O.B is special
I already said they are video game character technically
my point is they are only in one game because the game is following the anime and would rather not have them in smash (they aren't important to the games only the anime)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You make a fine point.
They ARE Nintendo property despite not originating in the games.

... However the concept of Team Rocket DID originate in the games, it's just their identities which didn't... so Jesse and James are in quite a gray area... but not so much that Sakurai couldn't easily ignore.

Speaking of which, I haven't followed them as much lately, but what current-gen Pokemon do they have now?

Last I saw Jesse Serviper, but that's it.
Anything that isn't Ekens/Arbok or Koffing/Weezing should not even matter. IJS. :/

Reznor

work in progress
Sakurai might add Kalos Trainer because it's the best way to represent gen 6 so far. But, then again we have Mewtwo's new form. But, then again we need a Pokemon that hasn't been playable yet.
we didn't get 4th gen trainer when Brawl came out so why is Kalos special
if you want to play as a pokemon that hasn't been playable yet you can always pick another gen pokemon trainer Kalos isn't the only gen

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Does that mean changes can't be made? If so doesn't that mean Newtwo and Chrom aren't getting in? Also when asked about Mewtwo Sakurai said he was "thinking about it" so doesn't this mean changes can be made.

Mewtwo's new form and Chrom have been in public for a while, really.

The gen 6 starter evolutions haven't been revealed even NOW.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

1. Newtwo and Chrom were made before the roster was finalized. They have also been proven to be quite popular.
2. The Mewtwo comment may have simply be meant to hide the fact the Mewtwo is already in. Sakurai is always vague when it comes to characters.
3. We don't NEED a new pokemon character.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
R.O.B is video game hardware and important to nintendo's history R.O.B is special
I already said they are video game character technically
my point is they are only in one game because the game is following the anime and would rather not have them in smash (they aren't important to the games only the anime)
But it didn't originate from a game meaning it shouldn't get in according to your standards, whether or not he was a important part of Nintendo's history as he could have just as easily just been given a trophy that states why he is important to Nintendo's history. Dem double standards man.

Reznor

work in progress
But it didn't originate from a game meaning it shouldn't get in according to your standards, whether or not he was a important part of Nintendo's history as he could have just as easily just been given a trophy that states why he is important to Nintendo's history. Dem double standards man.
R.O.B is important to nintendo so they made him a character anything less would have been lame (opinions)
Jessie and James are important to the pokemon anime which isn't nearly as important (more opinions)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
1. Newtwo and Chrom were made before the roster was finalized. They have also been proven to be quite popular.
2. The Mewtwo comment may have simply be meant to hide the fact the Mewtwo is already in. Sakurai is always vague when it comes to characters.
I have to disagree on the last part. Unlike many of the other games shown in Smash Pokemon is ever changing and constantly getting new Pokemon which makes me believe that with each new Smash game we need a new Pokemon we didn't have before, simply because of how many there are.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have to disagree on the last part. Unlike many of the other games shown in Smash Pokemon is ever changing and constantly getting new Pokemon which makes me believe that with each new Smash game we need a new Pokemon we didn't have before, simply because of how many there are.
Well. Newtwo would technically count as a new pokemon so there's that.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
While R.O.B didn't originate from a game, essentially, he IS a game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
But Jesse and James ARE important to the series.
They have appeared, to the extent of my knowledge, in every single Pokemon episode since Episode 2.(And if we count the Opening, we could say they have appeared in each and every episode ever released) Carrying the series forward.

However to be fair... I don't even recall them being a sticker or a trophy in Brawl, right?

Reznor

work in progress
But Jesse and James ARE important to the series.
They have appeared, to the extent of my knowledge, in every single Pokemon episode since Episode 2.(And if we count the Opening, we could say they have appeared in each and every episode ever released) Carrying the series forward.

However to be fair... I don't even recall them being a sticker or a trophy in Brawl, right?
but my point is they aren't important to the game series thats why I am against them (they are my favorite pokemon anime characters though)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Wow, I didn't know Chrom and Newtwo were in Smash 4. Do you have a friend who works at Nintendo?

----
And no, I don't think Jessie and James will be in Smash Bros as they originated in the Pokemon anime and not in any video games.

Melee had a trophy of Misty in her anime outfit though, but then again, she originated in the Pokemon Red/Green video game.

----

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well. Newtwo would technically count as a new pokemon so there's that.
Eh I guess. However something I have noticed with Smash games; 64, 2 Pokemon starting out, Melee adds 2 new Pokemon characters, Brawl takes out the 2 new characters and adds 2/4/5 (depending on your view of PT). So that might be a suggestion of something. lol

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow, I didn't know Chrom and Newtwo were in Smash 4. Do you have a friend who works at Nintendo?-
I meant the character was made or created in their own series.

Not put in smash.

I think you knew what I meant too.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
but my point is they aren't important to the game series thats why I am against them (they are my favorite pokemon anime characters though)

Well... I guess since we didn't get ASH in the game, but Red/PT, then the only viable Team Rocket member we could get would be...

Which of course, is pretty unlikely.

I hope we at least get a Black Rocket color scheme for PT.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well... I guess since we didn't get ASH in the game, but Red/PT, then the only viable Team Rocket member we could get would be...

Complete with pink hair?

That might match the glory of Paletuna's hair some day. :troll:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I meant the character was made or created in their own series.

Not put in smash.

I think you knew what I meant too.
I sorta did, but I still wasn't sure.

There's always Giovanni. :3

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I like Ridley's design (other m).
Idk about you guys, but I like the idea of all the villains on the roster teaming up. And it's cool because of the variety with
The lovable but dislikable, terrifying koopa king that just wants princess peach oh so badly, but will do anything to get her.
The gerudo king of thieves, having the triforce of power and having a terrible knack of wanting to kill Link and Zelda so he can be even more powerful.
The bumbling king of dreamland, who really doesn't ever do anything that terrible.
The shadowed mercenary and leader of his team, who failed his mission because of star fox and now seeks his death for personal reasons.
(and with a little hope)
The extremely intelligent pterodactyl dragon that is directly responsible for the destruction of Samus's planet, and seeks to finish the job.
The genetically engineered pokemon, abused and cast and and given an ugly impression on the majority of the human race.
The king of the jungle, who decided that everyone's bananas, are his bananas. And only his. Not to mention being psychotic

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Proportionally, Other M Ridley is the one that fit best in a shrunken down state. Smaller wings, smaller tail, thicker neck and limbs... people might hate on Other M design but I feel his Super Metroid-esque design would look very scraggly and flimsy at a smaller size, with stick-thin body features.
Was there ever a mod of Smash Bros using the skin of Other M Ridley? It feels like something that would be done by someone, just like people pulled the Demise and Ghirahim skins right off of Skyward Sword to create mods of said characters.

Also, where did we get into talking about a finalized roster when it's very likely that the roster is still nowhere near set in stone.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sakurai said that he was done taking requests and that he is no longer taking them anymore and now working on finishing off the roster. That's all we have on that.... So far I know at least... :/

Reznor

work in progress
Other M Ridley looks kinda dumb to me and sadly if we do get Ridley it will be the Other M design (seeing as we got the Other M Samus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom