• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO: Event 2: Who's Tyler? IV, A New Hope: $50... - April 20th, 2013 - Lindale, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You don't even know me (if I remember correctly), you can't judge me as 5th or something.
Also I have heard Tyler is mad free though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I like it cause it gives scrubs a chance to beat top players

Jk i like it because PS2 is a CP
I'd be more interested in just straight up betting on computers as a side event tbh. If its a worthwhile competition, there will be good and bad players. Tier events give the good players of bad characters a chance to shine, and waseda can give lower level players a chance to share in a victory, but .... this just doesn't seem appealing. I'm pointing this out because I'm more open minded about side events than 90% of people, so if im not interested, you might have a problem.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
I am totally in support of Waseada, I haven't had the chance to do it, and also there's no way me or ANY Louisiana player is going to enter icecream singles, even for free entry to be honest. No hate I like trying new things but I can think of at least 10 side events I'd rather do bro :/

Labernash

Smash Lord
Well I'm blaq so seeya in GF's Mini

Tyler is bad except Demetrius get outta here

Tyler vs Shreveport crews??

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Do you want to do an entry fee for crews? If so then I'll ask some peeps but if not Shreveport's all over that challenge. Labs are you retired or what?

Icecream my intense training regimine is showing promising results in my bat's overall speed and agilty. I've also picked up a new combo: dsmash>dsmash>nado>nado>nado>gsl. I've found it to work on all chars at any %.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Sorry Zach, Minifox beat you to it. :/ I would like to team with you again, it was fun last time! Maybe when I'm in Dallas??

Limbo, we'll just do it for honor. Tyler would rather climb the ranks than steal money. How many players do you have?? And I'm not really that retired anymore. My city needs me.

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
Its alright mini, I'm technically Mexican.

Edit: robs also got that dark native American complexion.
Not alone :D

Well I'm blaq so seeya in GF's Mini
HUH, well that explains the afro.
Sorry Zach, Minifox beat you to it. :/ I would like to team with you again, it was fun last time! Maybe when I'm in Dallas?
Oh no no nononono I asked you if you wanted to team at the East Texas Fight Club Round 2 tournament, so you can team with Zach if you want. o:
Limbo needed a partner

Labernash

Smash Lord
I thought this was the fight club thread... Never mind then haha!

Then yes Zach, we're good to go! :D

Wassada

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Oh at the moment only Gunner and Okuser are the only two confirmed LA players, and in that case they'll be teaming and I'll need a partner. If another LA player can make it though I'd rather team with them Mini, so if you want to team with Labernash then by all means. I can find someone if need be :)

So Labernash, Tyler needs a crew of 3 with two alts in case Raze/ShoeS can make this.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Mini, laber, and Icecream I suppose, though, I'd like to try my hand. :(

Me and psy as alts?

EDIT: I just used the power rankings to place people. With yhr exception of labernash, but I know he'd better than Icecream and mini sooooo..... I bet I'm better than Icecream and mini now.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
We can settle this at the fight club. After all, your puff will fall to my Ike. And your mk will fall to a combination ofthe steel jackal and the manliest swordsman ever.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited to say that this'll be my first Project M tournament, and hopefully I'll be bringing a buddy of mine to participate in the Singles tournament. Three hour drive here I come!

I do have a question though: I've got the gear to bring a setup, but I don't happen to have a TV to go along with it. Would anyone be sitting on the opposite side of this conundrum so we can get another rig for the tourney to use? Also, unrelated-ish, from what I understand using HDTVs or something along those lines with the Wii's stock AV cables creates a lag issue, but does the same problem occur when using HD Component cables, because if not then I would happen to have those as well.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
To TOs:

If you have graphics you want displayed on stream at Who's Tyler (Tournament Announcements and the like), I need them NO LATER than the 13th of April so I can get them prepped for X-Split.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if you could use OBS for a good smash stream... Speaking of recording, I can bring a full setup with recording if I go. Over 3 minute replays, tags in replays, etc.
Labernash, Lets SCRUB IT UP. (Metaknight Kirby, right?)

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I'm excited to say that this'll be my first Project M tournament, and hopefully I'll be bringing a buddy of mine to participate in the Singles tournament. Three hour drive here I come!

I do have a question though: I've got the gear to bring a setup, but I don't happen to have a TV to go along with it. Would anyone be sitting on the opposite side of this conundrum so we can get another rig for the tourney to use? Also, unrelated-ish, from what I understand using HDTVs or something along those lines with the Wii's stock AV cables creates a lag issue, but does the same problem occur when using HD Component cables, because if not then I would happen to have those as well.
Thanks for coming out dude! hype!

You're in luck lol. My wii is crap and freezes at the worst times, playing brawl anyway project m is fine lol. I believe HD component cables create a slightly better picture, but still have some lag as a result. We could always test it.

Zach, Icecream should have all the sd cards needed to put on people's Wii's for recording purposes. I'm sure he'll let you use your set up if it's ready to go though.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur

While it is true that most HD TVs will cause input lag, it's usually because of the "True motion" setting that TVs have now a days. All it does is increase the framerate, but I don't like it even when just watching TV and not playing games (it just looks weird). You can turn it off very easily, but it varies from TV to TV; some TVs have something called "gamemode," some have something called "True motion." It's different for each TV but find the setting, turn it off, and wahla! HD smash gameplay with no input lag!

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for coming out dude! hype!

You're in luck lol. My wii is crap and freezes at the worst times, playing brawl anyway project m is fine lol. I believe HD component cables create a slightly better picture, but still have some lag as a result. We could always test it.

Zach, Icecream should have all the sd cards needed to put on people's Wii's for recording purposes. I'm sure he'll let you use your set up if it's ready to go though.
Alrighty! Then I'll be sure to bring the gear I got.

While it is true that most HD TVs will cause input lag, it's usually because of the "True motion" setting that TVs have now a days. All it does is increase the framerate, but I don't like it even when just watching TV and not playing games (it just looks weird). You can turn it off very easily, but it varies from TV to TV; some TVs have something called "gamemode," some have something called "True motion." It's different for each TV but find the setting, turn it off, and wahla! HD smash gameplay with no input lag!
Huh... didn't know that True Motion was an actual cause for video lag as well, particularly since I'd read somewhere that converting from standard definition to high definition was where the problem primarily existed, hence previous statements (And honestly I barely notice lag in any form as it is, so I probably wouldn't have even noticed the difference.). Either way, I'll bring the component cables! Widescreen Pretty Brawl for the win. :D

D

Deleted member

lol what really? srs? They closed down?
I guess I'll bring my goodies.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
bump

I'm replacing the brawl side event with Smash 64 singles(could be VC or N64 or both) and Melee singles(not VC or 64 because that's impossible)
not doubles tho I don't wanna be that stressed on time

edit: just not doubles for those events brawl and P:M doubles will still go down.
well maybe not P:M doubles we'll see

D

Deleted member

What, No one plays smash 64.
Brawl singles doubles, pm singles, ice cream singles/melee singles/pm doubles.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
something bad came up and i may not be able to make it. warning you ahead of time just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom