• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO: Event 2: Who's Tyler? IV, A New Hope: $50... - April 20th, 2013 - Lindale, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace

WHO'S TYLER? IS BACK! It's been a few months due to holidays, school, and circuit planning, but your favorite series is back and ready to bring you the best event yet! As always, we will feature everything we can to make this event great. This time, that includes being a part of the Road to WHOBO Series(previously the Lone Star Circuit 2) which includes a bit pricier costs to you, but much larger attendance and a more hype event overall.

We will be returning at the Lindale Library, which is a great venue that gives us our own big room and all the time we need to get it done.
200 East Hubbard, Lindale, Texas is the address, and it's fairly easy to find.

Date and Time:
This event will be held on April 20th, the third saturday of the month. Pleas be there BEFORE noon, preferably at 11:00 a.m. I need to start doubles as soon as I can. I'll aim to be done by 9:00 p.m. but I will have a key to the front door and we can finish out whenever we need to.

Event Fees:
Venue Fee: $10($5 for venue, $5 for WHOBO fee to increase WHOBO's Pot Bonus)(all $10 waived if you bring a set-up)

Brawl Singles: $10 per person

Brawl Doubles: $20 per team($10 per person)

Project: Melee 2.5b Singles: $5 per person

Project Melee 2.5b Doubles(if we have time): $10 per team($5 per player)

icecream Singles: $3(cause it's mad silly. Read below)

Payouts
Regular 1vs1 payouts if 49 or less players:
1st=48% + 60% of pot bonus
2nd=22% + 30% of pot bonus
3rd=14% + 10% of pot bonus
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

Regular 1vs1 payouts if 50 or more players:
1st=44% + 55% of pot bonus
2nd=22% + 30% of pot bonus
3rd=16% + 10% of pot bonus
4th=10% + 5% of pot bonus
5th=6%
5th=6%
7th=3%
7th=3%

Regular 2vs2 payouts:
1st=45%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
5th=2.5%
5th=2.5%

All other event payouts will be:
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

Rules:
Brawl:
This event will run the EDITED Unity Ruleset.

The Unity Ruleset can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/the-unity-ruleset-v2-1.301032/

EDITS to the Unity Ruleset are as follows:

1. MK is legal in Singles AND in Doubles
2. There can not be 2 MKs in 1 team in 2vs2
3. The LGL is 50 for all characters, and 35 for MK
4. MK cannot choose RC/Brinstar as a stage under any circumstances

If you have any questions about the rule-set, ask in this thread or any circuit/road to WHOBO thread.(the main thread can be found here)

P:M
For Project: M 2.5b we will run the Bowsers Revenge Ruleset(found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/bowsers-revenge-7-drews-redemption-march-2nd-2013-plano-texas.334145/)

icecream Singles

the rules for icecream singles are as follows:
All stages legal under the regular brawl 1vs1 ruleset are now BANNED.
Here are the remaining stages, making the new stagelist:

Starters:
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Elden
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Luigis Mansion
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island

Counterpicks:
Mushroomy Kingdom
Hyrule Castle
Yoshi's Island(melee)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Corneria
Big Blue
New Pork City
Iceburg
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone

Matches will be played best 2/3(Finals are 3/5)
Game one you will strike from the starter stages in a 6-7-1 fashion, where higher port bans first.

The winner of that match will ban 4 stages from either list, and then the loser will pick any of the remaining stages to go to. This process is repeated until a winner is decided.

Daves Stupid Rule is in play

All Character are Legal

You will play at 3 stocks with a 5 minute timer

To help with time, the Damage Ratio will be upped to 2.0

Other Information:
If you need HOUSING please post in this thread, typically Psychoace and Ravemaster are the only ones able to house, but I'll check with lun4 to see if he can house some as well.

PLEASE bring a SETUP. I plan on running all of these events with more entrants than Tyler has ever seen, and need as many setups as I can get to help us finish on time!

If you need any more information, please text me at (903)-521-7233 or post in this thread. You can also Private Message myself, Labernash, Psychoace, or ravemaster for any help.

This event will be livestreamed(assuming the library's internet doesn't stop working completely on us like last time)

IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE BELOW LIST DO NOT TOUCH MY BRACKET THANK YOU:
jk everyone can do it just don't manipulate it

If you manipulate the bracket in any way, you will literally be manhandled and thrown out of the building, and we will hire giant gerbils to gnaw your pinkie toes off.
and you will be banned from all future events.

Livestream:
twitch.tv/idk hold on
twitter:
@icecream_ssbb

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
Lol...What I guess I should ask is can anyone in Dallas pick me/house me from Greyhound on Friday night? I'm willing to help with gas.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ill be there. Xyro vs Tyler's final 3 soldiers (LaberTrash, MiniFox, Mr. Game & Garbage) and i want that crap to be recorded.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
sure, I'll come get destroyed in Brawl.

Icecream, do you want me to bring my PC w/XSplit so the ETFC twitch account can possibly stream the event? My copy of XSplit doesn't expire until May 9th.

Michael O'Hara
East Texas Fight Club co-head/Newbie Brawl player

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
ICECREAM

MK Ditto Bo3 or Bo5 either is fine.
Smashville only
Name your price, preferably no more than $30

I shall ready my body.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
SINCE THE DAWN OF THE AGES, THERE HAVE EXISTED MANY MASKED WARRIORS OF FLIGHT. SOME KNOW THEM AS MK MAINS, OTHERS, TIER WHORES, AND STILL OTHERS AS DIRTY BATS. BUT THERE ARE BUT TWO, TWO WHO WHILE, YES, ARE VERY BAD, ONE MIGHT SAY THEY ARE THE BEST OF THE WORST. THE STRONGEST OF THE WEAKEST, THE ELDEST OF THE YOUNG.

THESE TWO WARRIORS, WHO ARE GREAT AMONGST THE AWFUL, ARE KNOWN ONE AS ICECREAM, AND THE OTHER AS LIMBO.

AS LONG AS MANS MEMORY CAN TRAVEL, THESE TWO WARRIORS BATTLED FOR THE CROWN AS THE KING OF THE FREE. I, ICECREAM, THE SUPERIOR WARRIOR HEREBY DECLARE, THAT I WILL REIGN OVER THE SCRUBS, TAKE MY RIGHTFUL CROWN, AND DEFEAT THE MENACE LIMBO.

I ACCEPT THY HUMBLE CHALLENGE, FOR THE AMOUNT OF TWENTY DOLLARS, AND I WILL REIGN THE VICTOR.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
That was beautiful, as will be your fall to the depths of annihilation and despair. Your puny bat stands little chance in the blinding purgatory that is my Metaknight. I happily accept your offer to pay my venue and singles fee good sir, you...are a TRUE gentleman, and I will surely make things swift so as to minimize your agony. Many thanks indeed :)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
And so it is, and so it may be.

edit1:
DON'T FORGET TO RSVP EVERYONE! NEW SMASHBOARDS IS ONLY GOOD FOR THAT FEATURE PLS USE IT

edit2: yeah mike that'd be great

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Well I think Gunner, Okuser, and Brawlman are all going together. Idk those dudes well enough offline so I'll probably be driving solo. As far as Raze/ShoeS go I dont hang out with them anymore, but we're on speaking terms at least (personal reasons and such). I invited them and they said they'd try to make something happen, hopefully they can make it out :) But yeah just me Mini, i may be down to team actually :o

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lol literally the 2nd boring MU in the game and you make a big deal out of it, mr GW?

NEW GEN ALERT!

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
Well I think Gunner, Okuser, and Brawlman are all going together. Idk those dudes well enough offline so I'll probably be driving solo. As far as Raze/ShoeS go I dont hang out with them anymore, but we're on speaking terms at least (personal reasons and such). I invited them and they said they'd try to make something happen, hopefully they can make it out :) But yeah just me Mini, i may be down to team actually :o
Ah man, I hope they make it out as well!

And of course! always down to team with ya. :D

D

Deleted member

Denti might give me a ride.
Yay. I'll be a dub partner if anyone needs one.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm all for liberal stagelists, but icecream singles doesn't sound like alot of fun. Maybe you should just shave it down to the stages that are somewhat playable and make it doubles? The rules are more complicated than anyone is going to give a crap about for a side event too. Just skimming it I can tell you almost no one will enter and despite how crazy you've designed that ruleset to be, turning the damage ratio to 2.0 makes pretty much every matchup come down to "spotdodge then kill him with my dash attack/nair/upsmash at 0"

I might be able to come to this...

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
It's $3 for a reason lol~

You can only get OHKO'd consistently if like. You get utilt'd by snake at corneria or something. But this will come down to mostly stage gimmicks. If I go to Bridge, I'm picking D3. My opponent will probably also pick D3 making it a super silly match that goes to whoever grabs first each stock

D

Deleted member

The point of it is to be bull****, and we can all agree to it being bull****.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I might be able to come to this...

TESH PLS COME TEACH ME HOW TO PLAY SONIC

My dreams... Are being realized...

Zachattax?! Hype!! I need you to body my college age friend in TL dittos. I'll make sure he comes.

Dallas, bring Awestin, I miss him.

D

Deleted member

I'm not confirmed, It's a possibility. And I'm not sure how I feel being put up to tl dittos, I haven't played brawl for srs in 8 months.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I'm ranked 0. Better than all of Tyler. I just can't show it because everyone's head will explode, regrow, then melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom