• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Road to LTC]Play a Real Game 2: February 1st, Irving TX- Melee/PM- $100 Pot Bonus!

D

Deleted member

God damn, really? We need more set ups this time then! I will bring one full set up at least!
Funny thing though, Oracle told people to put their set ups back in their car... The venue just didn't have enough TV/Table space.

D

Deleted member

Oh... well ****, not much we can do about that I guess.
Hopefully we'll have more tables this time around. Bring whatever you can (CRTs, Wiis, Gamecubes, Brawl Disks, Melee Disks, Tables, POWER STRIPS, etc.)!

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Hopefully we'll have more tables this time around. Bring whatever you can (CRTs, Wiis, Gamecubes, Brawl Disks, Melee Disks, Tables, POWER STRIPS, etc.)!
I should have an extra power squid or two I can bring. I'll have to dig through my closet. Unfortunately I only have 1 TV/Wii.

&Y_

Smash Cadet
God damn, really? We need more set ups this time then! I will bring one full set up at least!
Number of Set ups was not the problem. We actually couldn't fit anymore setups in the venue. It was pretty great.
The problem was people wandering off and the Swiss rounds taking forever. Hopefully that won't be a problem this time.

D

Deleted member

When we combine PM Doubles and Singles, Melee doubles and singles, turbo doubles, some time inbetween all of this for lunch, the small venue, the large amount of people, people in both games which holds up brackets... You get a really really stacked/difficult to run tournament
Everyone, feel bad for oracle. TOing sucks.

D

Deleted member

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdnbzjghjxd3o3i/common5.pac This is the menu for this monthly, Added logo/Random Stage Selection is very easy to set, stage striking is very easy
Put this on your SD Card, SD Card > projectm > pf > system > common5.pac MAKE SURE ITS COMMON5.PAC, NOT COMMON5[PARG2].PAC. YOU WON'T GET PAST THE STRAP MENU

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Y, I'm quite aware that they're not moved. Oracle makes the GCT for that, so blame him for not being up to date yet

Oracle

Smash Master
ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS

1. With an utterly dominant 19-4 landslide, PM has been confirmed to receive the $100 Pot Bonus! Keep in mind this also means that PM singles will also be paid out to top 8! Be sure to enter and get your chance at the money!
2. PM Stagelist has been finalized! It is similar to the list at the last tournament, but instead of kongo jungle 64 and brinstar, I've added back Yoshi's Island melee for singles and skyloft for doubles. These changes are reflected on the custom .gct and common5.pac. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT EVERYONE WHO IS BRINGING A SETUP FOR PM HAS THESE ON THEIR SD CARDS BEFORE ARRIVING TO THE VENUE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT ON YOUR SD CARD AND I HAVE TO INSTALL IT, YOUR VENUE FEE DISCOUNT MAY BE FORFEIT AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE FULL $10.
Installation instructions for the .gct
1. Download RSBE01.gct from here
2. Go into the "codes" folder in your sd card and replace the existing RSBE01.gct with the one you downloaded.
3. You're good to go!

Installation instructions for the common5.pac
1. Download the file from here
2. Go to this location on your SD card in windows explorer- SD Card > projectm > pf > system > common5.pac
3. Replace the existing file with the new common5.pac.
4. Make sure the file is explicitly named "common5.pac". IF IT IS ANYTHING BUT common5.pac YOU'LL FREEZE ON THE STRAP MENU

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING SETUPS! Even if all you have is a cube then bring it along and I'll try to find use for it. We need as many setups as we can get, and you get $5 off venue for bringing one so its a win win!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can try to bring a CRT with a Cube and Melee, but the CRT doesn't go to Input 1 or 2 and the Cube is on it's last limb with the Audio and Video Hookups. (Like if one idiot person bumps into my TV or messes with the Red, White or Yellow plug in thingys, then they'll snap off)

So, I really don't know about it, I guess I can try to bring a copy of Melee and that's it lol

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
Welp, my ride dropped out and the earliest a bus will arrive is 1:30PM.
Sorry to say I won't be able to go. :[
Hopefully I'll see some of you at Insomnia!

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
I figure Insomnia will be a win for me either way.
If the world comes to take Houston's money: great, I get to play some top notch players and get a lot of experience
If it ends up being mostly Houston locals: great, I get a chance to try and dethrone Strawhat as the king of Houston and meet other PM players I can play with regularly.

D

Deleted member

Added you as a contact, Oracle. I'll msg you if anything happens or if I have any updates.

Also, do you plan on playing Melee at all? It would be really fun to team with you.

D

Deleted member

Regarding the Name tags...
  • One per person! Keep them on you the ENTIRE day!
  • I only have a few Thin-tip sharpies I can bring for people to write with so if you guys have some you can bring along that would be super helpful. When you register, please do not steal my Sharpies.
  • I only have 100 name tags, and they are first come first serve. When they are gone, they are gone. I don't think we'll have 100+ entrants, but you never know. In the event that we do I will write your smasher name and info on your forehead and draw a curly mustache on your face.

Name tag Template:
We need to keep our name tags simple and readable to keep the tournament moving along. I created this small template to give you all the idea of what needs to be on it and in what order...
  • Use decent handwriting. If your handwriting sucks get me or Oracle to write your info on the name tag.
  • Put your name you signed up with in big easy to read letter as seen above.
  • Put your Melee/PM Team names below so those brackets can run smoothly as well.
  • Don't draw pictures on your name tags.
  • Keep your name tag on. This is so we will know if you have paid your entry fees or not.
  • (I advise you to not apply these name tags to leather, suede, velvet, corduroy, vinyl, or silk. They might hurt your clothes, so wear something you can stick this tag on.)
See you all Saturday, and remember to be there ON TIME!

Last edited by a moderator:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
please stop abbreviating Project M as P:M. there is no colon.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Can I get someone to draw Ivysaur on my nametag?

Edit: Just read that bullet I glossed over

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
After sleeping on it, I really want to go. Plus, I have a friend I brought into smash that wants to start going to tourneys and I want to show him how a legit tournament works.
If I could bus up here on Friday night, could anyone pick me up and house me and a friend for both Friday and Saturday night? The buses don't run very late on Saturday and I don't want to miss any of the tournament. I'd be really really grateful.
I understand if it's too much for anybody, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Top Bottom