• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
they are pac files, some texture only and some model and a texture

ones freezing include frigate orpheon, poke stadium one, lyat has frozen on me once on load and once upon the stages attempt to do a transition(since lyat uses multiple .pacs)

all my menus, straps, and music still work fine, as do half my stage hacks

no rel files are being used. so can misnaming freeze the wii? becuase if adding "_en" could fix this that'd be great

(wfge7)

Smash Cadet
they are pac files, some texture only and some model and a texture

ones freezing include frigate orpheon, poke stadium one, lyat has frozen on me once on load and once upon the stages attempt to do a transition(since lyat uses multiple .pacs)

all my menus, straps, and music still work fine, as do half my stage hacks

no rel files are being used. so can misnaming freeze the wii? becuase if adding "_en" could fix this that'd be great
I dont think that adding an _en would stop it from freezing.
If it's named wrong it just wont load from the sd card.

try using the proper .rels for your stages.

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
first of all none of these use rels, i think my issues bight be stemming from a bad download ive already fixed one by redownloading.

hardcorebrawlhacks

Smash Rookie
Riivolution Help!?

I got riivolution working on the ssbb folder (download somewhere on youtube) anyways, i cant get the codes to work. How do i do it, and could someone send me the file and tell me where it goes?:confused:

hardcorebrawlhacks

Smash Rookie
@ Joem3693

I just did that a little bit ago, it show up as a 2nd page on riivolution, but doesnt work in brawl for some reason. I click enable codes on the tab in riivolution and tried some of the tabs under the tab that had these weird file names. i have my file replacement code free RSBE01 and it still doesnt work.Does anybody know what i need to do?

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
make sure the gct does NOT have a file replacement

make sure the game code on the xml is right

make sure your using a hook

etc

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Hi, I need a little help... I asked about this a few weeks ago but didn't get an answer, so...

I'm trying to get the <param> tag working, but it always crashes. I'm on Riivolution 1.02, and this is my xml:
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RMC" disc="0" version="0">
    <region type="P"/>
    <region type="E"/>
    <region type="J"/>
  </id>
  <options>

<section name="Music">

<option name="Rainbow Road" id="rainbow_course_music">
       <param name="file" value="n_Rainbow32" />
       <choice name="GC RR">
         <patch id="music">
           <param name="replace" value="GC Rainbow Road" />
          </patch>
       </choice>
       <choice name="DS RR">
         <patch id="music">
           <param name="replace" value="DS Rainbow Road" />
         </patch>
       </choice>
     </option>

</section>

</options>

<patch id="music">
   <file disc="/sound/strm/{$file}_n.brstm" external="/riivolution/mkwii/music/{$replace}.brstm" />
   <file disc="/sound/strm/{$file}_f.brstm" external="/riivolution/mkwii/music/{$replace}.brstm" />
 </patch>

</wiidisc>
I cut out the other parts of the xml, I don't think they were interfering... after all it was only when I enabled one of those choices that it crashed...

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Just letting the developers of Riivolution know, custom Zelda animations are not compatible with Riivolution

I found this out through a lot of trial an error(after all the time I spent working on my Zelda animations :( )

The thread with all the stuff I did is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274157
It can't be riivolution's fault. It wouldn't refuse to load ONE file in ONE game. Something must be off in the xml, otherwise it's carelessness. Which xml are you using, and what is your folder setup?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
EDIT 6:

Ok so I used Gecko using Phantom Wings' File replacement code, it was on my SD card already with my old setup which still works

It loaded the Shanoa animations

BUT I still got the same **** freeze when transforming to Sheik and then back, gonna try Vbrawl with

There's only a few possibilities left that I can think of:

-Riivolution's loading method is the problem
-The old Brawl+ codeset(5.0 I think) on my SD card has certain codes allowing this to be somewhat possible
-maybe the other costumes/vertex edits I have on for Zelda are interfering
-Sheik's Brawl+ Gold moveset or costumes/vertex edits are somehow affecting Zelda's ability to load custom animations

Gonna test the 2nd one now by turning off all other codes other than the file replacement
Are you using the corresponding .pac file for your texture? As in, if you're replacing Zelda's original texture (FitZelda00.pcs), do you have FitZelda00.pac too? The .pac file is not to be confused with the moveset/model file (FitZelda.pac), it's just the uncompressed version of the .pcs file.

If that's not the problem, I don't know what to tell you since I haven't done any animation edits.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
It can't be riivolution's fault. It wouldn't refuse to load ONE file in ONE game. Something must be off in the xml, otherwise it's carelessness. Which xml are you using, and what is your folder setup?
It's the official SSBB template XML, it's set to load files in the same setup seen on the disc, and that's exacly how I have my folder set up, it loads every other fitmotionetc.pac for other characters, but it doesn't for Zelda, and on top of that if you try transforming into Zelda it freezes the game.

It has to be Riivolution, if you read my thread you'd understand why more, maybe it's how it reads character ID's or something.

Are you using the corresponding .pac file for your texture? As in, if you're replacing Zelda's original texture (FitZelda00.pcs), do you have FitZelda00.pac too? The .pac file is not to be confused with the moveset/model file (FitZelda.pac), it's just the uncompressed version of the .pcs file.

If that's not the problem, I don't know what to tell you since I haven't done any animation edits.
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about, I've tried it with the corresponding .pac and .pcs, I've tried it on her regular costumes from VBrawl.

This is the only conclusion I find feasible, it's not like people can't get animations to work, but I wonder if anyone has been successful getting a Zelda one to work with Riivolution, there's not many out there, I only know of the Shanoa one and my own, and neither work with Riivolution

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
EDIT: Problem fixed, fitmotionetc.pac is loaded from common_en .pac, thanks to AerialX and Dantarion for the help

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RMC" disc="0" version="0">
    <region type="P"/>
    <region type="E"/>
    <region type="J"/>
  </id>
  <options>

<section name="Music">

<option name="Rainbow Road" id="rainbow_course_music">
       <param name="file" value="n_Rainbow32" />
       <choice name="GC RR">
           <param name="replace" value="GC Rainbow Road"/>
           <patch id="music"/>
       </choice>
       <choice name="DS RR">
           <param name="replace" value="DS Rainbow Road"/>
           <patch id="music"/>
       </choice>
     </option>

</section>

</options>

<patch id="music">
   <file disc="/sound/strm/{$file}_n.brstm" external="/riivolution/mkwii/music/{$replace}.brstm" />
   <file disc="/sound/strm/{$file}_f.brstm" external="/riivolution/mkwii/music/{$replace}.brstm" />
 </patch>

</wiidisc>
I edited your code by moving the param commands out of the patch commands. If this does not solve the problem, be sure to double check your file names.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
You know, I missed the days where I could come into a thread without hacking for a few weeks or months, and still understand what the hell was going on. I can't even follow half the **** now, just mad complicated for no reason. lol

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Everything works fine, including codes, for me now, except my sc_selchar.pac I tried making it sc_selchar_en.pac and the game just froze when I went to try to access the css. Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh and my melee results screen doesnt load for some reason either.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
How can I get my Brawl+ codes to work on this? I love this application, but I don't like/suck at vBrawl.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Riivolution doesn't load sc_selchar inject it into your common5 and it should work
really? aw... see, I use it for a custom CSS. So I can't use it that way? I need to use CSS codes instead? :/

EDIT: Oh wait, it should still work that way. I'll try it. If it works, I'm never using Gecko again :p
for brawl anyway lol. I wonder if this can be used for channels as a ppf/ips patch loader.

EDIT2: It worked! :D Thanks Chuy! +1

MysticLink93

Smash Rookie
I have a problem with Riivolution yesterday.
First it worked fine with Custom Mustic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Then I put my SD card in my Mobile Phone just to rename 1 BRSTM.
Then I putted back into my Wii start the HomeBrew Channel and it doesn't read my apps.
After a few tries I got my apps back.
Then I started Riivolution and Launch Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I got no Custom Music or any files.
I have also checked my files are still in my SD card and they are.
By the way I have Riivolution 1.01.
Help me and thank you.

EDIT:
I have fixed this a few minutes ago.
I've deleted the older version of Riivolution and put 1.02 , that's all.
Now I can enjoy Custom Music again. =D

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Does anyone know why I can't seem to save anything to my sd card in while in-game in brawl? (ie snapshots, replays etc) Also, whenever I take the SD card out and put it back in, the game will freeze when I try to load something. Interesting...

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
That's normal. The SD card becomes part of the disc while Riivolution is used. If you want to use the SD card while using Riivolution, you'll need to put the custom files on a USB drive. I've had bad experiences with though, it had worse loading time than from the disc.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
That's normal. The SD card becomes part of the disc while Riivolution is used. If you want to use the SD card while using Riivolution, you'll need to put the custom files on a USB drive. I've had bad experiences with though, it had worse loading time than from the disc.
Ah. Okay, that makes sense now, thanks. Just making sure... Well thats ok, I can just transport the pics later. Does the Stage Expansion System work?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Phantom Wing's stage code does work; you need to add a file patch line for each custom .PAC and .rel with create="true" in it. Dantarion's stage code doesn't work, however.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
GRAAAAGH im trying to get ocarina codes to work in riivolution im following everything to get ocarina working but the codes dont work (and yes i am putting the .xml files in \riivolution)
here's what the .xml file looks like
<wiidisc version="1">
<id game="GAM" /> <!-- "RSBE01" -->
<options>
<section name="Ocarina">
<option name="Ocarina Handler">
<choice name="VI Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /></choice>
<choice name="KPAD Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /></choice>
<choice name="Joypad Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /></choice>
<choice name="GXDraw Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /></choice>
<choice name="GXFlush Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /></choice>
<choice name="OSSleep Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /></choice>
<choice name="AxNextFrame Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /></choice>
</option>
<option name="Codes">
<choice name="Enabled"><patch id="ocarinabase" /><patch id="ocarinacodes" /></choice>
</option>
</section>
</options>

<patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
<memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x800018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
<memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x800018A8" />
<!-- kpadoldhooks -->
<memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x800018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
<memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x800018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
<memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x800018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
<memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x800018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
<memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x800018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
<memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x800018A8" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinabase">
<memory valuefile="codehandler.bin" offset="0x80001800" />
</patch>
<patch id="ocarinacodes">
<memory valuefile="/codes/GAMEID.gct" offset="0x800028B8" /> <!-- memory valuefile="/codes/RSBE01.gct" -->
<memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8000" />
<memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="28B8" />
<memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8000" />
<memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="28B8" />
</patch>
</wiidisc>

this thing is pissing me off > : (

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Go to the first page and copy that XML, make sure your .gct file is called "RSBE01.gct" and is in /codes, and grab this file and put it in /riivolution. The XML there also has stuff for using custom files but you can use it for just codes too.

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
is there something special you need to do to get riivolution to work with a USB? I can get it to work just fine off of my SD card but it just doesn't work when I try the USB

any thoughts?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
There really isn't just copy and paste your private folder off your sd card and it should work
But you mind explaining in greater detail though?

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
I did try copying it to the USB, in fact I ended up copying everything that was on my SD but anyway Riivolution loads just fine off of my SD card plays the game just fine with all the textures I want, however when I try to use a USB with it it doesn't load any options to change in the riivolution menu and if I launch it there are no changes to any of the game files

I have been told that the paths in the XML I was given are for SD only yet you say it doesn't matter so I don't know exactly what to do since it works fine with my SD but not my USB, I have tried 2 different USBs and both didn't work so I must be missing something

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Is your SD card in as well? I think just having it in, even if nothing is on it causes nothing to load from it (not even the XML file). I'm not 100% sure on that though... You'll probably have to install Riivolution as a channel to do that too.

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
no if I have the SD card in riivoltion loads up just fine, I just have my USB in and I boot riivolution from HBC with the USB and then nothing, no options pop up

I've tried having riivolution as a channel and trying to just boot it then insert the USB but still no luck

Does anyone even use a USB with riivolution or do most people just use bigger SD cards? The riivolution site says it works with USB but I'm having quite a problem and they don't have anything on their site talking about USB specifically so idk what to do

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I have an issue with load speed in Riivolution; I don't know if there's a good answer to this.

Balanced Brawl puts some texture, animation, and stage files on the SD card to improve load times. When using it with gecko and the file replacement code, these files are loaded incredibly quickly off the SD card. This has the effect of greatly speeding up the transformation times for transforming characters and the transitions in Castle Siege. These load times matter for gameplay; they aren't just a player convenience. For some reason, Riivolution does not seem to share this speed-up. I'm pretty sure it's still loading the files from the SD card, but it's loading them at disc read speed, not SD read speed. Is there any way to get the faster load times on Riivolution?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Really? I haven't noticed any loading time differences using Riivolution compared to using Gecko OS/FPC (not that I've been playing really close attention like a hack developer would). Except for loading from a USB stick. Man that was slow.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
My MicroSD card is fast enough. The card + a USB reader is slow. I only do that when I want to put snapshots onto my other SD card for transfer to my PC.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
EDIT: The problem seems to have remedied itself for no apparent reason, but, as is to be expected, another problem has cropped up. Every time I tell it to launch, the screen goes black and the Wii freezes.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I heard that I can use this to get music code and stuff to work on PAL Brawl? Is this true?

If so, then can someone create a simple guide to setting this up cuz I'm quite confused. >_>

(wfge7)

Smash Cadet
I heard that I can use this to get music code and stuff to work on PAL Brawl? Is this true?

If so, then can someone create a simple guide to setting this up cuz I'm quite confused. >_>
Tell me are you using the xml that allow's you to swap files through the ssbb folder or the pf folder.

SSBB method.
Place xxx.brstm (make sure its renamed) in X:/ssbb

Pf method:
Place xxx.brstm in x:/private/wii/app/rsbp/pf/sound

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
SoniKupo has already helped me with this and I can anything now. =]

Will I be able to play the American B+, B-, P:M etc with this as well?

Top Bottom