1. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 140,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 14 million posted discussions!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2. Guest we need your help! The Smashboards rankings project has already archived hundreds of tournaments and thousands of players, but the project requires many people to review submissions and help improve results. If you are interested in helping keep Smash history send a message to Hylian!

3. Did you go to CEO 2014? Get the exclusive CEO shirt for a limited time! Click here to get the shirt! Under a day remains!

4. The official Nintendo White Controller is on sale for under $40 right now! Get it before the price increases!

5. Looking for the perfect gift for that Smasher in your life? Maybe even yourself? Use the Smashboards Store to get any awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo White Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

Discussion in 'Tutorials, FAQs & Help' started by STUFF2o, Mar 19, 2010.

1. STUFF2o

STUFF2o Smash Ace

Bionic's Brawl Mod Launcher v2.5.1 for Riivolution

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?5jyicbbtpcbs2s8
    (This fix is a regular update to support the current mods, add new ones, and fix missing B+ files)

Place in the "riivolution" folder. No longer requires codehandler.bin!

An XML for Riivolution 1.x that lets you switch between different mods (Brawl, +, -, Balanced Brawl, P:M, and 2 custom ones), without losing textures or custom content that you might have downloaded. For any tournaments, whether modded or not, there is also an option to disable any character, stage (or both) textures you might have that may cause interference. Compatible with RiiFS.

v2.5.1 is compatible with:
    - Project M (Demo & up to r3872 for devs)
    - Brawl Minus (2.1.1 & up to r217 for devs)
    - Balanced Brawl 2
    - Troll Brawl 0.1
    - Fixed Brawl v0.15
    - Unstoppabrawl Final
    - SSBB OverDrive Beta 1.3
    - Brawl+ 7.0 Gold​

NOTE: Any GCT's that include Phantom Wings's File Patch Code will give Riivolution a black screen, so it is advised you leave out that code.

Where do I place my mods?

As with every one of those, in each folder, RSBE01.gct goes into that particular folder as well as the "pf" files, e.g. fighter, menu, menu2 etc. So for Brawl+ or any other, you would have "RSBE01.gct" in X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/, and then have X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/fighter, X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/menu2 etc.

X:/brawlmods/bbrawl/ - Balanced Brawl.
    X:/brawlmods/brawlminus/ - Brawl Minus.
    X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/ - Brawl Plus.
    X:/brawlmods/ubrawl/ - UnstoppaBrawl.
    X:/brawlmods/projectm/ - Project: M.
    X:/brawlmods/trollbrawl/ - Troll Brawl.
    X:/brawlmods/fixedbrawl/ - Fixed Brawl.
    X:/brawlmods/ssbbod/ - SSBB OverDrive.
    X:/brawlmods/custom1/ - Custom Set #1.
    X:/brawlmods/custom2/ - Custom Set #2
    X:/brawlmods/custom3/ - Custom Set #3.
    X:/brawlmods/vbrawl/ - Regular Brawl.

Where do I place my music?

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
    X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

Where do I place my textures?

X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
    X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anything that belongs in "menu" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/item/ - Item Textures.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/toy/ - Item Textures.
    X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

How about my movies (THP files)?

X:/brawlmods/movies/ - Place any THP files you have in here.

And PSA movesets?

X:/brawlmods/movesets/ - Place PSA movesets here (e.g. /brawlmods/movesets/falcon/FitFalcon -> /pf/fighter/falcon/FitFalcon)

Hozu's Riivolution Loader:

TSON's File Patch XML:

2. shadowtroop

shadowtroop Smash Ace

Will not support USB loaders :(

My disc drive is broken :( :(
  3. luigiman1928

luigiman1928 Smash Ace

Discussion thread for Riivolution? inb4lock. lol.

Anyways Riivolution will really help with hacks that the sd loader doesnt support!

and
  4. GP&B

GP&B Formerly Gamedominator06

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    I supported this mostly because I didn't want the topic bogging down the Wi-Win thread. Also, Riivolution requires the original disc and hasn't shown support for USB loaders yet. Also, it's highly relevant to the productions of this forum. It could mean no more waiting on FPC 4.0 plus a very convenient way to select costumes/stages/movesets/sound effects and keep track of them.

It just needs ocarina-based code support and this will be the greatest Wii application ever.
  5. Sterowent

Sterowent Smash Ace

that's quite a statement, considering BrawlBox and PSA. edit: in regards to brawl, at least. no doubt for the Wii as a whole.
  6. Budget Player Cadet_

Budget Player Cadet_ Smash Debater

In a very salty place, seeking anger management.
    Needs more USB loader support. Other than that... pimp. Will this work on all wiis? Will it be the easy way of porting 3.5.1 to PAL?
  7. Zolga Owns

Zolga Owns Smash Lord

You wouldn't have to port anything. The file replacement codes would be obselete.
  8. Budget Player Cadet_

Budget Player Cadet_ Smash Debater

In a very salty place, seeking anger management.
    BionicSonic claims this removes the file size limit.

WHAAAAAAT?
  9. GP&B

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    Yeah, I was going to say for the Wii in general. Now disc drive NSMBWii users will be able to play their own custom levels once Reggie! sees a release.
    Now if you bring up model importing into Brawl and PSA 2.0 (and OpenSA2 supporting a large number of these things), those would be absolutely amazing to see.

I read that too, but I had forgotten who said it before you mentioned it. I really, really hope he was right about that. PSA and sound effect file size limitations are just two major pieces that would benefit immensely from this (Kirby hats giving full movesets? Godly). Full replacement looks like just that more of a possibility.

But then that raises another question: would the clone engine need to be rebuilt and if so, would it be easier to do with this app?
  10. STUFF2o

STUFF2o Smash Ace

Oh yeah... YESZ!
  11. superyoshi888

superyoshi888 Smash Lord

Dang. All of these new apps and stuff being released. Makes me so happy to be here right now.

Now I won't even have to use Stack Smash! And no File Size Limit? Wait, what about bone minimums and stuff?
  12. TL?

TL? Smash Ace

Hmm... patch any file. Would it let you add files as well? Maybe we can get PSA characters that dont overwrite old ones.
  13. Fen__

Fen__ Smash Ace

Sorry to be out of the loop, but can someone link to an overview of what this app actually is/does?
  14. Hozu

Hozu Smash Journeyman

15. Segtendo

Segtendo Smash Master

3DS Friend Code:
    1306-5158-7205
    Nintendo Network ID:
    Segtend0
    I...want...this...
  16. Power Marshall

Power Marshall Smash Apprentice

Nice, indeed. This is a breakthrough in itself. No more codes to be needed, I supposed. I simply can not wait for the release, especially since it offers much more now than the Path code 3.5.1 and that we will not need a 4.0.
  17. Hozu

Hozu Smash Journeyman

Actually, codes will still be needed for a lot of things, this only replaces the File Replacement Code. I'm willing to bet that when this is released to the public, it will have Ocarina code support.

By the way, is this going to work for other games too?
  18. Mr.Chuy

Mr.Chuy Chuy

from what i understand yes it will
  19. GP&B

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    Yeah, this app isn't developed with Brawl in mind necessarily. It enhances the customization factor of all Wii games to unbelievable levels. The best part is that we're already prepared for this considering PW gave us a sample (inadvertently a sample, nobody in this community saw this app coming) of what we're going to see in Riivolution.

If we can clarify that file size will not be an issue and was only related to limitations with the FPC, there's at least a thousand things we all could be doing.
  20. AerialX

AerialX Smash Cadet

(The other questions will be answered very soon...)

Can I ask a dev why filesize is such a problem? If it's hardcoded into the game code itself per file, Riivolution won't help much without a code. If it's based on the disc structure itself, which would mean using something like Wiiscrubber should also bypass this limit, then Riivolution will indeed be able to do it.
  21. GP&B

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    I'm not entirely sure if it's related to the functioning of the File Replacement code or not. I would PM Phantom Wings or Dantarion about it (probably the former since he made the FPC).
  22. brawlshifter

brawlshifter Smash Lord

If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
    Seriously? Wow, Brawl hacking is advancing too quickly for me. In just the few weeks I haven't been checking his site regularly, a bone adder has been made, Brawl servers are being created, this is being made, and so many other things are happening. I am now starting to see why all of the original hackers are leaving.....they don't have anything left to do. Whenever they start something, they almost complete it and some newcomer comes in with the same thing finished.
  23. Isatis

Isatis arctic silver fennec

• Administrator
    • Premium
    • Back Roomer
    Case in point: Pharrox and Kryal :laugh:

Completely agreed though.
  24. GHNeko

GHNeko My main isn't who it appears to be...

...Wait. I'm lost. So this is like an app that does the same thing that FPC does?
  25. Kei_Takaro

Kei_Takaro Smash Ace

Umm ok wth, what is Riivolution? pardon ~.~
    Is that supposed to be Wi Win or something?
  26. shadowtroop

shadowtroop Smash Ace

did you read any of this thread? It's File patch code for every game with no limits.
  27. Zolga Owns

Zolga Owns Smash Lord

Like the File Patch code only you can replace everything with no limits on size and it's more organized judging by the video. I read the thread on GBAtemp and it looks really easy to set up too. The XML settings was a really good move.
  28. Matteron

Matteron Smash Ace

Can we still be able to use brawl +? Or will it not support codes?
  29. Zolga Owns

Zolga Owns Smash Lord

It doesn't support the Orcarnia code engine as of now. It might or it migh not. I'll just use our current methods to load Brawl Plus if I want. This would be extremely useful for vBrawl though.
  30. GP&B

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    I totally forgot about the Stage Builder method. When this releases, it might be a good time to set up the stage expansion code...
    So, this will indeed not be an issue with file size? If that's right, there's a couple things I'm going to work on, heh heh heh.

Oh, sorry if this is a bit obvious but I want to make sure: will this have GCN support? Even the Melee hacking scene would see a boost from this since they have to modify an ISO and run a backup loader to work them on a console usually.
  31. Volt7x

Volt7x Smash Journeyman

Interesting. Can't wait to give it a spin when it's released. =D
  32. Hozu

Hozu Smash Journeyman

Hold on a sec... if this doesn't support Ocarina codes, couldn't the Snapshot method be used to load codes? I haven't actually used that method myself, but all you need to open the snapshot w/ the codes is the FPC...
  33. GP&B

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    You can use the Stack Smash method which activates codes through Stage Builder. You can't use custom stages though.
  34. Yavanna

Yavanna Smash Rookie

Ok so if I understand this will be avaible for PAL without needed to be ported? Does this meen we will have music and imported stages too? (I think I'm dreaming...)
  35. GP&B

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    Actually, I've been wondering about that too mostly because I have a European buddy who I've played some SSB64 with online.
  36. Isatis

Isatis arctic silver fennec

• Administrator
    • Premium
    • Back Roomer
    Okay...

a) It won't fix the file size limit,

b) Different PAC's will work regardless of regions, but if you're using NTSC PAC's on PAL Brawl's for example, the sound effects will not work.
  37. GP&B

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    I wish we could fix the issue with file size, but it is nice to hear we can still replace everything with this anyways.
  38. STUFF2o

STUFF2o Smash Ace

Just for clarification, you're referring to Smash Stack. NOT Stack Smash, the texture hacking team. It's an easy mistake to make.
  39. GP&B

• Premium
    Nintendo Network ID:
    MetalDude
    Bleh, I thought it was the other way around. Of course the texture site had to name themselves that >_>.
  40. STUFF2o

STUFF2o Smash Ace

The texture team came first, so yeah.