• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I agree, the ballot might end at midnight in Japan. Which over here would be around 3 in the morning.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I really have to laugh at Smashboards right now.

Here I am trying to create a PM in order to make a rebuttal against what some desperate loser said, but NOPE, you have to not only log me off, but delete my statements as well.

What in the actual heck?

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I really have to laugh at Smashboards right now.

Here I am trying to create a PM in order to make a rebuttal against what some desperate loser said, but NOPE, you have to not only log me off, but delete my statements as well.

What in the actual heck?
That's smelly, did the looser just insult you out of the blue?

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Ok, so the ballot is going to be closed in a few hours and I'm bringing back this amazing music again because I love it:

I can imagine playing this song in a Rayman level :love:.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Ok, so the ballot is going to be closed in a few hours and I'm bringing back this amazing music again because I love it:

I can imagine playing this song in a Rayman level :love:.
Oh, I love Band Land's music. It's easily one of my favorite levels in Rayman 1 simply because of this.

Just the thought of Rayman and Sonic being in the same game gets me pumped up with excitement like you wouldn't imagine. Let's hope it happens!

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Oh, I love Band Land's music. It's easily one of my favorite levels in Rayman 1 simply because of this.

Just the thought of Rayman and Sonic being in the same game gets me pumped up with excitement like you wouldn't imagine. Let's hope it happens!
I imagine the excitement that would bring Rayman fighting the other iconic characters in the same game :love:.

Also I really love Band Land, but seriously, for me it was a pain (very hard when I first played it xD, dammt those music notes).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I imagine the excitement that would bring Rayman fighting the other iconics characters in the same game :love:.

Also I really love Band Land, but seriously, for me it was a pain (very hard when I first played it xD, dammt those music notes).
Wasn't Band Land the 2nd level of the game? xD Or the 4th? Can't remember. I remember it was difficult, but still, it wasn't the hard part imo. xD

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I imagine the excitement that would bring Rayman fighting the other iconic characters in the same game :love:.

Got a point there. The music is pretty much what kept me from going insane over this level.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Wasn't Band Land the 2nd level of the game? xD Or the 4th? Can't remember. I remember it was difficult, but still, it wasn't the hard part imo. xD
I felt it hard when you had to ride that "carousel" that was moving through the level xD, but yeah, the levels ahead are harder xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I felt it hard when you had to ride that "carousel" that was moving through the level xD, but yeah, the levels ahead are harder xD.
I think I remember that part, yeah, it was a pain...Really, I think anyone that grew up with the first game and still is a fan to the series is a really dedicated fan, like myself, as R1 was my first Rayman game. And despite the difficulty, I absolutely still loved the game to death. xD

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I hear ya, the very first thing I did when I got the Rayman trophy was this photo.

Seeing them all on the same screen made me so happy, now if only we could make them fight each other...

Same here, if Rayman gets a stage based off Rayman 1, I want it to be Band Land.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
That was in the Paint Land (or whatever it's name was), right? Or is it farther than that, cuz I couldn't beat the art land world, it was to the point I just had to give up.
Yup, Space Mama is the final boss of Paint Land. She pretty much made me give up entirely.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
From what I remember, the worst part about space mama was, when you eventually had enough lives to go through the circles of hell, and actually beat her, the game didn't stop being hard afterwards. Rayman 1 had the most death metal situations in it, and Ancel knows it.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Rayman games always do a fantastic job in giving the correct atmosphere, especially Rayman 3.
Definitely. I 100% agree with you. The levels in R3 were so diverse and colorful, granted, since R2 was more of a "apocalyptic" setting thanks to Razorbeard's influence in that game, it made sense why it was dark. But still, visually speaking, I think R1 and R3 was the mostly vivid in colors out of the series as a whole to me.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Definitely. I 100% agree with you. The levels in R3 were so diverse and colorful, granted, since R2 was more of a "apocalyptic" setting thanks to Razorbeard's influence in that game, it made sense why it was dark. But still, visually speaking, I think R1 and R3 was the mostly vivid in colors out of the series as a whole to me.
Absolutely. The Land of the Livid Dead and Clearleaf Forest are easily my favorite levels in the game in terms of aesthetics.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Agreed, I really loved staying with Globox seeing the stars and all the atmosphere while hearing this:

It's so beautiful.. :)
Oh, I love the Fairy Council to death as well. The area where you rescue Globox is downright gorgeous.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It's "funny" hearing this, because I have nostalgia now, hearing this song while remembering the "See you in Rayman 4!", it makes me sad. But we don't know, maybe one day we see the waited Rayman 4 and I really hope so :).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, I love the Fairy Council to death as well. The area where you rescue Globox is downright gorgeous.

It's stuff like this I wish the first Rayman 4 project could have made it through in the end...it was going to look perfect, all of R1/2/ and 3 would have been all together and everything...

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
It's stuff like this I wish the first Rayman 4 project could have made it through in the end...it was going to look perfect, all of R1/2/ and 3 would have been all together and everything...
I REALLY hope they actually do it someday. The concept artwork looked amazing.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I REALLY hope they actually do it someday. The concept artwork looked amazing.

I'll always wish for this to become a thing.

800px-Rayman_Land.jpg

This was the closest I could have gotten Ly the Fairy back in the mainstream Rayman games, and I really, really wish she'd return alongside Rayman in his adventures...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, with the talk of Classic music of Rayman and characters from the Trilogy as well, I guess I could share you a video I did when I was drawing one of my Ly drawings before.

It's rather long, but, I hope it's ok to watch.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Well, with the talk of Classic music of Rayman and characters from the Trilogy as well, I guess I could share you a video I did when I was drawing one of my Ly drawings before.

Wow, that was really neat seeing you doing the shading. Awesome job!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
That's smelly, did the looser just insult you out of the blue?
I don't really want to go too much into it, but it was a constant twisting of everything I say to try to make me look like a sick person.

I think it's best for me to let it go. That person isn't worth it.

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I don't really want to go too much into it, but it was a constant twisting of everything I say to try to make me look like a sick person.

I think it's best for me to let it go. That person isn't worth it.
Yeaaah, there's no benefit wasting time on those types of people. They just can't hold their insecurities back, they gotta let it out in some way, in the end though, it don't matter.

SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS

No problem bud! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

Awesome job! You're a fantastic artist.

Top Bottom