• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Happy birthday, @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS !
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS

Say, whose that handsome looking guy at the top?

Speaking of Twitter.
It appears Rayman's 20th now has an official hashtag.
Why I am thinking this is Earthbound?
I mean, this picture resembles a part of Earthbound's intro.
Not to mention, it came out in 1995, the same year Rayman was born.
Also, hashtag hype!
#Rayman20

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I know it's been a while since my last piece of art, but I am ready to show you guys my ship! In fact, there are pictures down below that will give you a good idea on what it looks like. Any thoughts on it?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I know it's been a while since my last piece of art, but I am ready to show you guys my ship! In fact, there are pictures down below that will give you a good idea on what it looks like. Any thoughts on it?

It looks pretty nice, nicely done. :) It kinda makes me think of a tugboat, imo.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I like it, you might say I'm "on board" with it.
:p

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, what do you guys think of that Matt Bozon tweet?
On one hand, I think he wouldn't do such a thing if Shantae was actually in the game, but on the other hand, I fear that Nintendo played a part on this plan and even went as far as intentionally adding Shantae next to their franchises.
Having Shantae but no Rayman would rub me the wrong way. I would be pretty salty about it and for good reason.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, what do you guys think of that Matt Bozon tweet?
On one hand, I think he wouldn't do such a thing if Shantae was actually in the game, but on the other hand, I fear that Nintendo played a part on this plan and even went as far as intentionally adding Shantae next to their franchises.
Having Shantae but no Rayman would rub me the wrong way. I would be pretty salty about it and for good reason.
I believe it's nothing, just him joking. Nintendo would never let anything like that happen, or the Ninteninjas would attack.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I believe it's nothing, just him joking. Nintendo would never let anything like that happen, or the Ninteninjas would attack.
Agreed.
But there's a part of me that's fearing Nintendo is playing along with the tweet and will not punish them, as it would basically confirm Shantae.
I can only hope and pray. I'm fine if both get in, but something is wrong if Rayman, the mascot of Ubisoft who received a trophy, didn't get in over Shantae.
That's my view on this situation.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Agreed.
But there's a part of me that's fearing Nintendo is playing along with the tweet and will not punish them, as it would basically confirm Shantae.
I can only hope and pray. I'm fine if both get in, but something is wrong if Rayman, the mascot of Ubisoft who received a trophy, didn't get in over Shantae.
I seriously doubt Nintendo would let that slide. If it were true, I feel like we'd be hearing about a lot more than a simple tweet.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Agreed.
Not sure if that's something Nintendo would do, they're pretty secretive when it comes to stuff like that.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
My opinion stands on this. I'm indifferent if Shantae or any third party character gets in before Rayman gets confirmed, it honestly doesn't matter if Rayman is first, it only matters that he get's in, no matter how long it takes. If he doesn't become playable, period, despite having a physical space in Smash, that's where I'd draw the line. Unless it's a business thing, and nothing could be done to make Rayman playable without copyright/ other unknown business reasons, than that's all I can say, it is what it is. But if not after all the publicity to "vote for Rayman" from Ubisoft and they said, no, or Nintendo says, no, then that's where I'd call BS, especially if it's on Ubi's part more.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
The tweet seriously could not have come at a worse time.
Just as I was going to put Operation Rayfall into retirement, WayForward decided to add more gas to the Shantae hype train.
I'm not saying Rayman depends on my campaign to succeed because if anything, my campaign would only make up a tiny portion of his votes. It's just so unfortunate that the hype for other third-parties is rising while there hasn't been a whole lot to talk about for Rayman. Not to mention, Artsy Omni is starting to distance himself away from the Rayman leak and making Smashified portraits of other characters.
This is going to sound weird, but I can't decide if I want to risk my health to get Rayman in the game. I want to fight, but not at the cost of my health. At the same time, however, I want to stay healthy, but don't want to waste a once-in-a-lifetime chance to have a REAL impact on Rayman's chances for Smash.
I seriously cannot decide.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just as I was going to put Operation Rayfall into retirement, WayForward decided to add more gas to the Shantae hype train.
I'm not saying Rayman depends on my campaign to succeed because if anything, my campaign would only make up a tiny portion of his votes. It's just so unfortunate that the hype for other third-parties is rising while there hasn't been a whole lot to talk about for Rayman. Not to mention, Artsy Omni is starting to distance himself away from the Rayman leak and making Smashified portraits of other characters.
This is going to sound weird, but I can't decide if I want to risk my health to get Rayman in the game. I want to fight, but not at the cost of my health. At the same time, however, I want to stay healthy, but don't want to waste a once--in-a-lifetime chance to have a REAL impact on Rayman's chances for Smash.
As much as I want to have the fans of Rayman get the chance to see Rayman playable in Smash... It's just a video game. And no one should ever risk their health over a video game...I understand, but please don't over do yourself.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This is going to sound weird, but I can't decide if I want to risk my health to get Rayman in the game. I want to fight, but not at the cost of my health. At the same time, however, I want to stay healthy, but don't want to waste a once--in-a-lifetime chance to have a REAL impact on Rayman's chances for Smash.
Your health is more important than a video game, you've done a lot, now you should rest. I REALLY want Rayman in Smash too, but not to the point it would affect my health.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
As much as I want to have the fans of Rayman get the chance to see Rayman playable in Smash... It's just a video game. And no one should ever risk their health over a video game...I understand, but please don't over do yourself.
Alright, I will not campaign anymore. That's the end of it.
No matter what occurs, I'm just going to have to stay for the long haul, praying that he's going to make it.
Him AND K. Rool.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
This is going to sound weird, but I can't decide if I want to risk my health to get Rayman in the game. I want to fight, but not at the cost of my health. At the same time, however, I want to stay healthy, but don't want to waste a once-in-a-lifetime chance to have a REAL impact on Rayman's chances for Smash.

So I guess this might push us to square one once again.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honestly, I don't think we have to worry about returning to the bottom. The Smash Ballot hype as a whole kind of died down. It's pretty much the waiting game at this point.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
At this point, I say we just wait for E3 before we start going full blown panic mode. If nothing Rayman related, whether it be through his series or Smash Bros, is announced, then that's when we should start pushing harder. Rayman has a lot of advantages at the moment, so we'll just have to be a little patient to find out their effects.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Honestly, I don't think we have to worry about returning to the bottom. The Smash Ballot hype as a whole kind of died down. It's pretty much the waiting game at this point.
This. It's less than a month till E3. Everyone wants to see what Nintendo is going to show there when it happens. The Smash Ballot has 3-4 months left to go, so everyone still has time to add more to the ballot.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Yeah, this year's E3 is going to be interesting.
It is also good that the Ballot ends in October, as it means we don't have to rush out and beg people to vote.
We're 5 months away and honestly, I really should stop campaigning. It was a stupid thing to even consider risking my health for a video game. It's pretty funny when you think about it.:laugh:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
What do you mean by that?
Never mind.

Anyway, I have to admit, things regarding Rayman in Smash Bros has died down since the last few months. Even I feel tuckered out after finishing my semester to do any Rayman related stuff now. Let's just hope that all of this better be worth it. I just wish there would be some hints to any Rayman related news coming next month, even if it's not Smash Bros related.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Good thing that I'm going to see my eye doctor on Saturday, a couple of days before E3 starts, rather than on the first day of it. That's usually when I get my eyes dilated and I would have to miss out on part of Ubisoft's conference, which wouldn't matter much to me anyway if there isn't anything Rayman related. Thankfully that wouldn't be the case for this year.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's a bit strange for me, because Ray is there as a baby and Ly looks as a full grown adult, >_> I would preger to see them like this:

That they have known each other since they both were little.
I know, I get what you mean and how you feel, I think so by principle. But I only like that image mostly for Ly, but I see them having tiny Rayman's or so as just for fun, not something "canonical" or imo, I could see them like they are goddesses, like Rosalina or Palutena (when they are bigger than usual). At least that's what I try to think when I saw that image.

As you know, I'd prefer this kind of treatment myself.

But overall, I still get what you mean.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm just going to get some rest and get back to having a normal life. I got to admit, it's a lot less stressful when you don't have to worry about campaigning for your favorite gaming character.
Also, I am really sorry for the overreaction that I had. Not only was it unnecessary, but it was also stupid.
That said, I'm extremely thankful that there's a community out there that shares my enthusiasm for the character. If I talked to someone about this, they would probably think that I was a weirdo. Not you guys. Despite the fact that we may just be a bunch of people typing on our devices, we all share a bond that links us together and makes us strong.
Good night, guys. Stay strong, my fellow Electoons.
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman20

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm just going to get some rest and get back to having a normal life. I got to admit, it's a lot less stressful when you don't have to worry about campaigning for your favorite gaming character.
Also, I am really sorry for the overreaction that I had. Not only was it unnecessary, but it was also stupid.
That said, I'm extremely thankful that there's a community out there that shares my enthusiasm for the character. If I talked to someone about this, they would probably think that I was a weirdo. Not you guys. Despite the fact that we may just be a bunch of people typing on our devices, we all can bond that links us together and makes us strong.
Good night, guys. Stay strong, my fellow Electoons.
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman20
No problem, and don't think your weird or anything, it's all good. Get some rest, you deserve it. Goodnight and take care.

Top Bottom