• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Who would be upset if Roy and Ryu were actually not going to be in the game, and the files were just placeholders?
Well, since I'm not all too much into Smash as much anymore, I'm just here for the fans, for Ryu, no, for Roy...a bit, but meh, doesn't matter much. I don't mind either, I'd love Roy, my boy, to return, but eh, whatever.

Although, if they were just placeholders, I'd find that incredibly weird and mostly BS.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I could agree with you all.

I would feel really sad if Ryu and Roy weren't actually going to make it to Smash.

Rayman would probably heal that wound, though.:p

louie g

Smash Journeyman
No offense to the ryu fans, infact, more power to you guys, but I really can't see ryu in smash, at all.

I mean, his gimmick in his own fighting game, is having no gimmicks, right? He's the middle ground, balanced fighter, that all-around type character. Then you got a game like smash, where every single character has his or her own gimmick. We already have mario to cover up that no nonsense balanced fighter, that just gets straight to the point.

I dunno, maybe I just don't know anything about ryu's potential. I Barely played streetfighter, seen plenty of the games, and they look great, but even if he does make it in 100%, it'd still be hard for me to believe because of all this.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
No offense to the ryu fans, infact, more power to you guys, but I really can't see ryu in smash, at all.

I mean, his gimmick in his own fighting game, is having no gimmicks, right? He's the middle ground, balanced fighter, that all-around type character. Then you got a game like smash, where every single character has his or her own gimmick. We already have mario to cover up that no nonsense balanced fighter, that just gets straight to the point.

I dunno, maybe I just don't know anything about ryu's potential. I Barely played streetfighter, seen plenty of the games, and they look great, but even if he does make it in 100%, it'd still be hard for me to believe because of all this.
I can understand why you'd think that, but Ryu actually has quite a lot of potential if Sakurai does him right. They can utilize some of the mechanics from his own games, for example.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I can understand why you'd think that, but Ryu actually has quite a lot of potential if Sakurai does him right. They can utilize some of the mechanics from his own games, for example.
Oh I'd hope so man, didn't even think about the mechanics part, that'd be pretty interesting. Like what Supersegasonic said, there's gotta be some sort of untouched potential here, hopefully it'll be something like that.

The rumors are still jarring to me though.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Are you kidding? I'd be more than happy if they were placeholders. I'd be super happy if Rayman gets in, most of all.
I hardly see that as a thing though.. this is after all in the same data mine with several "Marios" as placeholders right? Plus they were added in an update (the mewtwo update if I recall).. I would buy it if the information was there since the beginning, but it wasn't. They are either going to be in as DLC, or they were planned characters for DLC but will end up scrapped. Those are the only two possibilities. One does not simply deliberately make a character just to be a placeholder for something else. (That would also mean that the Streetfighter music is a placeholder... Really?)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
CAKE.jpg

>UO Happy Early Birthday, @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS ! ^u^ Hope you like your gift with the two best gals of Ubi, Ly and Shao Jun! and the cake has COOKIES! :D

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Who would be upset if Roy and Ryu were actually not going to be in the game, and the files were just placeholders?
Personally, I don't mind if they were to get in or not, but I do love the Ryu theme song. It's probably the closest thing to getting a Contra III song in Smash. :estatic:

Oh by the way, Happy Birthday @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS . I didn't even know it was going to be your birthday tomorrow (or in a couple of hours). I wish you the best. ;)

I know a lot of people have said it already; I just didn't want to feel ignorant.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Sakurai currently has the rights to the following third-party franchises in Smash 4.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

MEGA MAN

PAC-MAN

RAYMAN
BIT. TRIP

Any more I should add?
I'm pretty sure there had to have been some strings to pull in order to get some of these characters. Then again Sonic, MegaMan, and PacMan probably were easier to get because they were pretty much right there. Though Rayman probably could be easy to get now especially since Ubisoft still wants him in. I'm pretty sure if they wanted him in they to make some kind of a deal with Nintendo with the next game and make him exclusive for a while if they still want him in Smash Bros. We all know how that worked out the last time.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
https://twitter.com/RaymanGame/status/600945905894891520?s=09
more support is always nice

also: I'm salty that you guys didn't congratulate me on my birthday on the first of may now :c
D: Aww, sorry about that pal. Well, at least I know now, so many May birthdays it seems. xD Either way, Happy Late Birthday to ya! Hope you have many more to come! :3

Thanks pal. Appreciated. :3

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I see no one has made a mention that it has been 200 pages since the leak was posted on this thread.
Happy page 241, everyone! Cheers to the next 241 pages.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

I think that's a normal barrier to people who doesn't support an certain character;.. (you know, not seeing how the character "fits", or how he would play, etc, etc).. Don't worry, Ryu is a pretty flexible character, just as Rayman.
And we have room for both! =)

Oh, and happy birthday @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS !

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
:3 Thanks you two.
I know I'm a little late on this but happy birthday! :D

I think that's a normal barrier to people who doesn't support an certain character;.. (you know, not seeing how the character "fits", or how he would play, etc, etc).. Don't worry, Ryu is a pretty flexible character, just as Rayman.
And we have room for both! =)

Oh, and happy birthday @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS !
Yeah. I think people think like that out of fear. There has always been this mentality in the fanbase that <insert character here> would steal the slot of <insert character here>..

So of course they would try to think of any way they could that would make the competition less appealing. It's why we see stuff like "their third party. Never gonna happen." or "Ubisoft screwed over Nintendo. Rayman is as good as unconfirmed" and things like that. Be it stemming from extreme hate of the character, or fear, either way it isn't a very good way for fans to act..

I actually kinda like it that there are so many faces in this ballot. It makes it interesting. We really don't know who we will get out of all of this.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS

https://twitter.com/RaymanGame/status/600945905894891520?s=09
more support is always nice
Say, whose that handsome looking guy at the top?

Speaking of Twitter.
It appears Rayman's 20th now has an official hashtag.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Top Bottom