• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I kinda wish the old trophy model was in the game. Just so we could get some clear comparisons to the other one.
That would be nice, and funny, because I would love to see that drunken face again.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Well, for the fans of Robin and Lucina I guess... As it was the exact day I joined Smashboards....just mere minutes before Rayman's trophy got revealed...
It wasn't just a great day for Fire Emblem fans, but it was also the day our Limbless Wonder was finally made a part of the Super Smash Bros. Universe, even if he was just a trophy.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
More importantly, it was the day that Chrom bit the dirt. :troll:

I'm surprised that the original trophy is gone completely, it's nowhere in the files at all? Curious-er and curious-er...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, that Speed guy is posting invitations in certain character threads, what do you guys think? Personally, I don't buy it.

AndreaAC

You know that Smash invitation the Villager the got in the first trailer? Well he's posting those to several character threads, like K.Rool's, as if he's confirming them.

Wow :4greninja:'d twice
You mean that guy is just posting them like this?

and that "supposedly" means that the character is confirmed? That sounds like something fishy and false if it is that way.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You mean that guy is just posting them like this?

and that "supposedly" means that the character is confirmed? That sounds like something fishy and false if it is that way.
Exactly that. But IsmaR and others have called him out on it, so I'm assuming he's causing trouble for some weird reason...Pointing this out, you don't just post this when someone's "confirmed". I never see people do this.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Exactly that. But IsmaR and others have called him out on it, so I'm assuming he's causing trouble for some weird reason...
Eh, probably the guy just wants to play around, but, do people seriously would believe in something like that? and well, hope it gets resolved.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Eh, probably the guy just wants to play around, but, do people seriously would believe in something like that? and well, hope it gets resolved.
I think that's what's really happening, people are being paranoid and confused. But why do this when you know this happens when Smash Bros characters are involved?

AndreaAC

I think that's what's really happening, people are being paranoid and confused. But why do this when you know this happens when Smash Bros characters are involved?
Just to make fun of every one who believes it, but, it is too silly and random to actually fall for it. That's what I think.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm not believing this until he/she actually explains himself/herself. I'm just confused.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I think Speed is just looking for attention.

Does he work for Nintendo?

Is he close to Sakurai?

Does he have anything to do with the development of Smash?

The answer is no. He's just a troll looking for attention. We should all ignore him and move on with our character supporting.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Is he close to Sakurai?

The answer is no. He's just a troll looking for attention. We should all ignore him and move on with our character supporting.
I agreed. Although I have no idea why's he's doing this... But, I hope things get back to normal soon...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Is he close to Sakurai?

Agreed. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So apparently Speed has done "leaks" in the past.

That pretty much confirms it as fake to me. Now, this supposed Shantae thing....

MainJPW

M.T.A

Is he close to Sakurai?

Speed's a girl. :p

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
As stated from my post above.

That was what I was referring to. And really, as much as I like her, I don't think this means much...really, it's too soon to think anyone is a candidate unless Nintendo is doing something earlier than they should be...
Remember when people thought Shulk was going to be announced on the same day the Rayman trophy was revealed along with Robin and Lucina? Yeah, I have a feeling same thing is going to happen at E3.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
The problem with Shantae (and any other 3rd party) is that if she gets in, that's another third party license Nintendo has to agree to. With 3 characters already in and Ryu supposedly coming, I don't know how many licenses and contracts Nintendo is willing to put up with. Rayman NEEDS this slot.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Sakurai currently has the rights to the following third-party franchises in Smash 4.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

MEGA MAN

PAC-MAN

RAYMAN

BIT. TRIP

Any more I should add?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
In the coming of Rayman's 20th anniversary, his inclusion in Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U would serve to celebrate Ubisoft's history with Nintendo and the history of his franchise. Rayman's potential stems from a number of his games, such as the Heavy Metal Fist and LockJaw from Rayman 3 or his traditional fighting methods benefitted by his lack of limbs and propeller hair. Rayman has more than enough potential to warrant a promotion to playable character, and would fit really well in the universe of Smash Bros.
I've done it. I've voted for Rayman on my iPad.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
ミスティック Speed said:
Haha xD Guys, they were just characters I suspect will get into Smash.
Speed confirmed that the letters are for people she expects to get into smash xD.

Maya from Spirit Camera (Fatal Frame/Project Zero spin-off) have also a trophy.
They're second-party, I think.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Speed confirmed that the letters are for people she expects to get into smash xD.

They're second-party, I think.
I heard the same from the Shantae thread, still think she could have said something instead of being ambiguous about it, however...

Top Bottom