• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
>.> Oh, umm...don't mind me...just uhh... gonna post this here for ya'll

Finally got around to watching these, it was a great series of reviews.
I can't believe the Smash hype train has been running for over 2 years. I remember last year when the community was 100% positive that Pac-Man was going to be in the game, and we were wondering if he would have his design from either Pac-Man World or Ghostly Adventures.

This truly has been a crazy ride so far.
I also remember when everyone loathed the idea of Pac-Man in Smash.
Him being revealed made E3 all the more sweeter.
This reminds me of something I made in another form.
Ray Villager.png

This was before I got Photoshop, and it shows.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Finally got around to watching these, it was a great series of reviews.

I also remember when everyone loathed the idea of Pac-Man in Smash.
Him being revealed made E3 all the more sweeter.

This reminds me of something I made in another form.
View attachment 52126
This was before I got Photoshop, and it shows.
xD That's both creepy and funny as hell. Haha. Made my day.

And glad to hear you liked his series, he's got some great content there. I'm assuming he's going to do Rayman Origins after this one, judging his opinion about the Rabbids...

Also, I wanted to ask this, has anyone actually found out about that secret room at the end of the game before?...

I freaking knew something was fishy about that indent in the wall, but I never could figure out it was a secret door until that video showed that off...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Also, I wanted to ask this, has anyone actually found out about that secret room at the end of the game before?...

I freaking knew something was fishy about that indent in the wall, but I never could figure out it was a secret door until that video showed that off...
That was honestly the first time I've heard of it. I wish more games had secrets like that.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Lol, after I saw the Andrea's drawing I imagined Rayman with the Villager's head xD.

For the secret room (Xowar secret) I think I posted about it some weeks ago, here you can read all you need to know about it.
Ehh....If only I knew this years ago...I knew...I knew something was there, it was literally too suspicious looking to me...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Ehh....If only I knew this years ago...I knew...I knew something was there, it was literally too suspicious looking to me...
The first time I beated the game, I saw the "door", I thought it was going to be a room or something but that was deleted in the final version, years after I found the Xowar Secret on the internet xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry if I made you think that, that's what I thought, that room is in the game (all the versions).
Oh, I see, you just thought it wasn't at first until you found out from the internet. No problem, no big deal.

But seriously though, who would have discovered that playing the game?...Who?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That secret door at the end of Rayman 3? I had no idea it even was a secret door. I found it on my first playthrough and thought nothing of it but when it didn't open the second time I just ended up confused.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Doing stuff with Blender, I decided to share these things I was doing for a friend here, since it involved Rayman and stuff.
RaymanFull360.gif

Model ripped by this DA member.

And doing so, I did this one just to see how it would look.

RaymanSmashFull360.gif

So, yeah. Hope you enjoy.

And also, while looking through the frames of the Smash 4 model, I saw this...

RaySmash1.png
Geez... looks demonic... o_.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Doing stuff with Blender, I decided to share these things I was doing for a friend here, since it involved Rayman and stuff.
View attachment 52143

View attachment 52144

Seeing the models side by side like this definitely strengthens my opinion of his new look being better.

The skin tone and hair are far more natural, the shoes are nice and simplistic, the O on his torso isn't sloppy, etc.

But then there's that face, but it would still look a lot better if it weren't stylized to be viewed from a specific angle.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
View attachment 52143

View attachment 52144

View attachment 52145 Geez... looks demonic... o_.
Now that I see both models at the same time, wow, I thought that the R3's model wasn't too much different from the RO/L's model, but now that I see they're too much different, at least in those 3D models.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Seeing the models side by side like this definitely strengthens my opinion of his new look being better.

The skin tone and hair are far more natural, the shoes are nice and simplistic, the O on his torso isn't sloppy, etc.

But then there's that face, but it would still look a lot better if it weren't stylized to be viewed from a specific angle.
Maybe so, although that still comparing a model from two generations behind the Smash 4 model design. But eh, i understand.

Now that I see both models at the same time, wow, I thought that the R3's model wasn't too much different from the RO/L's model, but now that I see they're too much different, at least in those 3D models.
Well, when you make something designed more "2D" in concept "Rayman Origins" compared to something created intended to be in 3D at first "Rayman 3", that's why you'd see some differences.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The Rayman 3 model is still quite good.

I just think aesthetically, the new one is better.
I can understand what you mean. I've always said that the one thing I really did think imo was an improvement was indeed the hair, as it looked more like hair. That's the only thing for me I relate with from the newer design.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You now, I never realized how smooth Rayman's ledge grabbing was until those reviews, it's really cool, and I wished I realized it sooner.

As for the model, I'll bring this up again.

This version of the trophy model looks like Rayman 3 Rayman just a bit more cartoony. It looks like it's made to look good at all angles. While the other one is made with one angle in mind.

I personally think the Origins/Legends artstyle can look good in 3D, despite being made for 2D.

This was from the Legends CGI trailer.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
View attachment 52143

View attachment 52144

xD I WAS JUST GOING TO POINT OUT THAT ANGLE! it's EVIL. and ugly. Awesome stuff.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

This clay Rayman looks kinda good, but it looks like he has seen some real s***, probably because of the 3 things from FNAF beside him.

oops. sorry for the double-post.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

This clay Rayman looks kinda good, but it looks like he has seen some real s***, probably because of the 3 things from FNAF beside him.
Rayman Kart confirmed.

And yeah, probably...That's the design of those characters from the first game (even Rayman I noticed, haha xD) but they were creepy in that one the most, kinda...

Last edited:

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

oops. sorry for the double-post.
You won't believe me but.. my little brother made those clay "toys" xD.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
View attachment 52143

View attachment 52144

Wait, so people have already ripped Sm4sh models?
Now all we need is someone with some expertise in game creation and we can have a fanmade Rayman game!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wait, so people have already ripped Sm4sh models?
Now all we need is someone with some expertise in game creation and we can have a fanmade Rayman game!
Well, besides that one person making a Rayman game...

And yeah...Rayman's Smash 4 model has been ripped like months ago... back in February. But maybe some people will try to make some stuff with it... Although I prefer they just use the R3 model until a cleaner and better made RO one is done first...

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I kinda wish the old trophy model was in the game. Just so we could get some clear comparisons to the other one.

Top Bottom