• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Did you see this beta image of Rayman 3?

Rayman and Globox traverse the skies in the direction of the Land of the Livid Dead. They fly over the croaking moor, where an unexpected event occurs...
I love it.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD I noticed. hahaha. o_o well, about the bird looking like Razoff, kind of.
So apparently, that bird thing was going to be used as a cutscene for Ray and Globox to get to the Land of the Livid Dead, I guess. I think they settled with the disco level to get there I think, but overall, I'm glad we got what we got, as it still did it's job without shoehorning so many different creatures into the story, imo.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So apparently, that bird thing was going to be used as a cutscene for Ray and Globox to get to the Land of the Livid Dead, I guess. I think they settled with the disco level to get there I think, but overall, I'm glad we got what we got, as it still did it's job without shoehorning so many different creatures into the story, imo.
I would have found it interesting, >u> USING the bird in the Tower of the Leptys could have been fun, but then I remembered birds can't shoot bullets or stuff for the part where Rayman starts destroying ships using a small cannon thing.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
In one of the first scenarios of the game, still visible in the script of the beta, Rayman and Globox use the wooglah to go to the Clearleaf Forest to The Land of the Livid Dead. But when they fly over the Bog of Murk, the wooglah is injured (for unspecified reasons), forcing them to land. Globox decides to stay with the wooglah while Rayman seeks the able antidote to treat him. Murfy comes to meet Rayman and advises him to go ask Bégoniax to help him. Bégoniax has seen the Wooglah when he was injured thanks to her magic mirror. She agrees to cure the Wooglah, provided Rayman brings her a beauty elixir that is hidden in the swamps.

Later, Rayman comes in Razoff's mansion. After their fight, Bégoniax charm Razoff thanks to its beauty elixir. The witch and the hunter promise to take care of the wooglah, and then indicate a path to Rayman and Globox to go into the Land of Livid Dead.

When the scenario of the game has been completely revamped the wooglah was removed for unknown reasons. But the textures are still present in the game files of the Mac version of Rayman 3.
Elixir in the swamps.. Murfy saying to Rayman what to do.. Wow.. so much Rayman 2 things xD.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I would have found it interesting, >u> USING the bird in the Tower of the Leptys could have been fun, but then I remembered birds can't shoot bullets or stuff for the part where Rayman starts destroying ships using a small cannon thing.
Didn't stop Donkey Kong Country from doing something like that. xD

xD But still, sounds fun, I like that.

Elixir in the swamps.. Murfy saying to Rayman what to do.. Wow.. so much Rayman 2 things xD.
Well, it was more like R2 at first. xD

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, remember when I said I wish could make some cool drawings for the thread?

I just tried doing a simple sketch of Rayman, because why not.

Holy **** I need to get better, so many mistakes...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So, remember when I said I wish could make some cool drawings for the thread?

I just tried doing a simple sketch of Rayman, because why not.

Holy **** I need to get better, so many mistakes...
Well, just keep on practicing, I'm sure you can handle it when you use to drawing him over and over again, like I have and many others here has as well. xD

AndreaAC

.__. the whole thing sounds odd, specially that parts with Razoff and Begoniax, but it would have been still cool, and well, R3 was going to be similar to R2, so, all that stuff would have been pretty interesting.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
.__. the whole thing sounds odd, specially that parts with Razoff and Begoniax, but it would have been still cool, and well, R3 was going to be similar to R2, so, all that stuff would have been pretty interesting.
If we could have kept that plot point, but with the art style of R3, I wonder how that work?...

AndreaAC

If we could have kept that plot point, but with the art style of R3, I wonder how that work?...
I would say pretty well, and there wouldn't have been any issues with the game feeling too short maybe? I don't know how many levels would the beta version had, but, they would feel less...linear and the locations more connected or somethin', I don't know.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I would say pretty well, and there wouldn't have been any issues with the game feeling too short maybe? I don't know how many levels would the beta version had, but, they would feel less...linear and the locations more connected or somethin', I don't know.
Although I really didn't have a problem with how short R3 was, seriously, R1 and R2 were a bit TOO long, imo... >.> I still can see that being interesting...really, the only thing that felt like R2 in the final version of R3, was the Desert of the Knaaren.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Although I really didn't have a problem with how short R3 was, seriously, R1 and R2 were a bit TOO long, imo... >.> I still can see that being interesting...really, the only thing that felt like R2 in the final version of R3, was the Desert of the Knaaren.
xD Really? for me that was perfect, also....0_o I can't stop thinking about how Begoniax would look with the beauty elixir if Razoff accepted her.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
After seeing how Begoniax is in the final version of Rayman 3, I can't imagine her with other personality xD.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Wow! R3 actually taking itself seriously at one point? Whatever happened to that?

Speaking of which, I wonder what Rayman Origins or Legends would be like if they had actual plots?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Really? for me that was perfect, also....0_o I can't stop thinking about how Begoniax would look with the beauty elixir if Razoff accepted her.
Are you talking about it's story length? If so, that's ok, it wasn't too bad I guess...but the thing was, since for some unexplained reason, since I had the odascity to 100% everything before I actually played the last level of R2, I just felt drained and tired by the end of it. I still loved what I played through, definitely, but really, all of that really drained me by the end of it...And R1 was just too long for it's own good, with it's difficulty and such...

xD I totally agree with you.
Agreed.

Wow! R3 actually taking itself seriously at one point? Whatever happened to that?

Speaking of which, I wonder what Rayman Origins or Legends would be like if they had actual plots?
Maybe more darker than it is.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

._. one thing I imagine that at least would happen is, maybe the characters actually talking? not sure about the story itself.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
._. one thing I imagine that at least would happen is, maybe the characters actually talking? not sure about the story itself.
Well, the only games at this point that had actual dialog was the ports of R2/ Rayman Revolution, and Rayman 3. Unless you just mean just dialog with text bubbles, and not with voice acting, I guess...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The first trailer for Rayman Origins shows Rayman being created by Betilla the Fairy, whose narration seemed to imply that the game would be a prequel with a two-player co-operative campaign that would tell the story of how Rayman and Globox matured from buffoons to heroes. However, this approach was ultimately discarded: the final version of the game is a sequel, set after Rayman 3, and features many references to the events of the previous games made in the past tense. The titular Origins refers instead to the game's revelations regarding the origins of Rayman and several other characters, and also to the design philosophy of returning the series to its roots. The characters' sillier behaviour is not a sign of immaturity, but is intended to give the game a more light-hearted feel and help it to appeal to a wider audience.

--------------

A text file, or 'script', was discovered in the files of the game's demo. The script greatly expands and elaborates on the game's plot, and contains much dialogue which was omitted in the final version of the game, presumably in order to simplify the storyline. Much of what is known about the character of the Magician comes from this script; in the game itself, his actions and motivations are almost completely unexplained.
http://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Rayman_Origins

Also, Mr. Dark was to return at one point. The music for his scrapped boss fight still exists:

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
That's it, I'm done.
I sincerely have run out of ideas as to who I should ask to vote. I think I have finally achieved my goal. Granted, I still have 9 vote forms left, but after those are passed out, I can finally get back to having a normal life.
Don't take this as bragging, but the fact that I managed to pass out 224 vote forms is an incredible feat in of itself. I was determined, relentless, and most of all, committed.
It is time for Operation Rayfall to end at my school and will pass the torch to you guys. Stay strong.
#KeepOnFighting

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's it, I'm done.
I sincerely have run out of ideas as to who I should ask to vote. I think I have finally achieved my goal. Granted, I still have 9 vote forms left, but after those are passed out, I can finally get back to having a normal life.
Don't take this as bragging, but the fact that I managed to pass out 224 vote forms is an incredible feat in of itself. I was determined, relentless, and most of all, committed.
It is time for Operation Rayfall to end at my school and will pass the torch to you guys. Stay strong.
#KeepOnFighting
:) Great job pal. You did a WONDERFUL job with all your support. Hope you can now rest and take it easy now from all your hard work.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That's it, I'm done.
#KeepOnFighting

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
That's it, I'm done.
#KeepOnFighting
Damn, I have yet to start passing vote forms at my school. Finals are right around the corner, and everyone at my school is probably really focused on passing the exams. I don't think anybody would care about voting for Rayman.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
On the subject of more Rayman 2 things in Rayman 3, I think I remember hearing Clark being planned to appear in 3.
That's it, I'm done.
#KeepOnFighting
The fact that you got over 200 is just mind-blowing, we are all thankful for what you have done. Thank you.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
On the subject of more Rayman 2 things in Rayman 3, I think I remember hearing Clark being planned to appear in 3.

The fact that you got over 200 is just mind-blowing, we are all thankful for what you have done. Thank you.
Really, Clark was possibly going to appear in R3 too? Huh, I would have liked that, he really hasn't done much in R2 because of his health, sadly.

Last edited:

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Rayman: Uprising? :eek:
...the fact that I managed to pass out 224 vote forms is an incredible feat in of itself. I was determined, relentless, and most of all, committed.
And personally, I commend you for being able to convince over 200 people to vote for Rayman. I wouldn't have been able to do that considering I'm somewhat self-effacing, but it's great to notice someone that can. :upsidedown:

Also, props to everyone contributing to this thread in the form of artwork and tags for signatures to show support for Rayman. You guys have such talent. ;)

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, about the Shantae tweet.....
I think it means absolutely nothing. At all. I was talking with my brother and he brought up a very good point in that the people would've gotten in a TON of trouble with Nintendo, but they didn't.
To be fair, Adam Howden sort of did that when he said he was playing a voice in a huge game, which ended up being Smash. However, these guys flat-flat-out SAID Smash. They didn't even hint at it. They just said it and if it were true, they would get in trouble.
Anyway, back to Rayman.

Top Bottom