• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Oh, jesus christ, It is nothing! If my teacher saw the drawing, I would have already failed his subject.
Geezus, that's strict. But if on the bright side of things, at least you're practicing and improving yourself each time however. You're doing creatively with your shading technique despite how you're teacher wants it.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ouch. Yeah, art teachers can be pretty strict.
Yes, they are, but how woudn't they be? they are professionals, while us students, we are simple and vile mortals in comparison to them.

>_> at least that's what I think when seeing my teacher's work.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yes, they are, but how woudn't they be? they are professionals, while us students, we are simple and vile mortals in comparison to them.

Literally 90% of my high school teachers.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Well, I may not be in the right to say this from my own opinion, but really, you're only going to get better, and someday you'll be in their shoes at some point as long as you keep on trying to improve yourself.

Literally 90% of my high school teachers.
And this. This was me in my highschool days as well.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The true value of art is in the eye of the artist.

At least I like my own work.

Art teachers do suck though.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I luckily had more good art teachers than bad ones, and even though they can be kind of strict, I'd be lying if I said they didn't help me improve.

AndreaAC

Well, I may not be in the right to say this from my own opinion, but really, you're only going to get better, and someday you'll be in their shoes at some point as long as you keep on trying to improve yourself.

And this. This was me in my highschool days as well.
._. Yeah, but I will have to learn on my own again, since the new subject with the same teacher is not illustration anymore.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
._. Yeah, but I will have to learn on my own again, since the new subject with the same teacher is not illustration anymore.
Well, that's mostly how I learned and taught myself to learn how to draw myself. As stated above, teachers despite how strict will still help you learn, but take as much as you can yourself as well, learning yourself can help you improve from trail and error. And as said before, we all like what we like, as long as you like what you like, than that's what matters. If you don't just try again and improve.

AndreaAC

Well, that's mostly how I learned and taught myself to learn how to draw myself. As stated above, teachers despite how strict will still help you learn, but take as much as you can yourself as well, learning yourself can help you improve from trail and error. And as said before, we all like what we like, as long as you like what you like, than that's what matters. If you don't just try again and improve.
That's what I tried, remembering the techniques I learned from him, I just need to get more used to PS' Commands, and there it goes, someday I will finally make my comic project being a reality instead of just staying in my head. >u> drawing Rayman a lot and Ridley as well (before he died) actually helped me to get used to the digital method and not depend of pencil and paper now that it is a second resource.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
They do have valid insight such as colour theory and shading, but it's really annoying when they say things like "anime is not a style of art." Because I just want to do realistic charcoal sketches of animals instead of what I actually want to draw.

Not that I could ever have gotten away with the sort of stuff I draw now.

We're general art thread now. Maybe I should pull out the full sized Lip image.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's what I tried, remembering the techniques I learned from him, I just need to get more used to PS' Commands, and there it goes, someday I will finally make my comic project being a reality instead of just staying in my head. >u> drawing Rayman a lot and Ridley as well (before he died) actually helped me to get used to the digital method and not depend of pencil and paper now that it is a second resource.
That's true, as I seen you moved on to the tablet after having the fear towards using it. And now, you use it with little problems now, you've learn and grown as a artist by going digital. In due time, you'll do the same with PS, as I have to do myself when I use it more oftenly, but I hope that day comes for you so you can learn how to make you're own comics and grow making those with no problem as well, like with your drawings and moving into digital art.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
They do have valid insight such as colour theory and shading, but it's really annoying when they say things like "anime is not a style of art." Because I just want to do realistic charcoal sketches of animals instead of what I actually want to draw.

pls
What's this? We have artists talking about ART?! No, I can't have this. Uh...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Hey, Rayman Origins was made with drawings. So this is completely relevant :p.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Art talk?

I hope to be in a good art class next year. My art teacher hated me last year, so that's why I'm not in one this year.

I'm addicted when it comes to the shading in my artwork.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Relevant art is relevant.

Lip + Pallets de Pon
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
Come to think of it, Smashified is probably the reason I've been avoiding drawing Rayman. I'll never top that work.

I'm not sure what I should tackle next, I've just been constantly tweaking this one in various ways but I need to move on.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I'm still hoping Sakurai purposefully put the Roy and Ryu data in the game to throw us off, and that Rayman will be announced this year at E3.

I really hope that's the case.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly, if Rayman 4 is announced and it's that secret Wii U exclusive, that'll almost be a soft confirmation for me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I have a question, is rayman a human or animal or something else?
Answer: A "thingamajig". As stated in Rayman Origins trailer.
But for a more clearer answer, he's apparently some kind of creature created from collections of (Lum) light energy or something. Rays of light, you could say.

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Answer: A "thingamajig". As stated in Rayman Origins trailer.
But for a more clearer answer, he's apparently some kind of creature created from collections of (Lum) light energy or something. Rays of light, you could say.
Not gonna lie..... The first time i saw Rayman i though he was duck.......

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've seen duck and rabbit before.

How anyone can mistake that nose for a beak or his hair for ears is beyond me.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The first time I played Rayman 2, my first Rayman game ( I was too young ), I thought he had ears, I think lot of people thought that because in an interview they explained "those aren't ears, it's his hair". In the first Rayman Game I think it's obviously he has hair, but for the starters in the Rayman series with Rayman 2 you can confound (at least me).

I don't know what's Rayman, but I've never seen him similar to an animal.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

The first time I played Rayman 2, my first Rayman game ( I was too young ), I thought he had ears, I think lot of people thought that because in an interview they explained "those aren't ears, it's his hair". In the first Rayman Game I think it's obviously he has hair, but for the starters in the Rayman series with Rayman 2 you can confound (at least me).

I honestly thought that too when I played R2 as well, and that his nose was a muzzle.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Well, with his non existing limbs, I can't see "animal" nor "human" at all, imo.

I honestly thought that too when I played R2 as well, and that his nose was a muzzle.
I'll be honest, even though I played R1 first, and know he had hair, seeing R2 Rayman's hair I still got that impression it was like ears for some reason myself...I guess because he didn't have his third hair spike thing, maybe that's why I thought that or something...

EDIT:

This isn't much, but I thought to share this because of relevance.

http://xxredpikminxx.deviantart.com/art/My-equally-beautiful-N64-533212472

Last edited:

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
I played for the first time Rayman in Rayman 3 .
As in this game Rayman it shows more hair , I do not Cofundi anything, but I thought it was kind of dog or something similar.

AndreaAC

I played for the first time Rayman in Rayman 3 .
As in this game Rayman it shows more hair , I do not Cofundi anything, but I thought it was kind of dog or something similar.
.u. I guess you mean you didn't "mistook" anyting?

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Say, I have a thought. Since the N64 is now available on the Wii U VC, does anyone think that Rayman 2 might be released for it at some point?

Top Bottom