• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Rayman's up special should involve a flying ring from Rayman 1.
Helicopter hair is just so...obvious.

Instead, he should use the helicopter hair as a hovering trick, exactly like Peach's hovering.

-----

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
If they make a Rayman stage and it has this theme to go along with it or a remastered version. I will mount a picture of Sakurai above my bed in my room.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It takes time to record footage, move it to a PC, make a GIF, then upload it. We need to be patient.

Besides, he probably wants to tease us more.
Makes sense.
Though 1 guy got rude to him and now he is reconsidering. -_-

#A-GradeEnglishLanguagePersuasiveSkillsFIREEEEEEED.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Standard Special: Charge punch Sonic's side smash with insane range.
Side Special: Weird fast orb thing that's really fast and low damage.
Up Special: A mushroom which springs Rayman into the air.
Down Special: Green smiling guy from Rayman Legends comes in and trips anybody infront of you like Mewtwo's side special.
Final Smash: Rabbids come out like Dedede's Final Smash in Brawl.
He can hover like Peach.
His jab is like Wario but faster.
Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
He can hover like Peach.
I know you're joking, but I actually wouldn't mind if he shared Peach's hover mechanic. Super Smash Flash 2 Goku shows that it can be pretty varied and interesting on fighters with different playstyles.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Down Special: Green smiling guy from Rayman Legends comes in and trips anybody infront of you like Mewtwo's side special.
You mean Eddie? He should also pull out the instruction booklet and slap someone with it if given an additional action by button input.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This RedFly bloke is a fake, he's just trying to mooch off of the real leak, which is still up in the air.

Keep your heads, mates.
You mean Eddie? He should also pull out the instruction booklet and slap someone with it if given an additional action by button input.
Murphy, not Eddie.

Last edited:

Snipe

Smash Cadet

Instead, he should use the helicopter hair as a hovering trick, exactly like Peach's hovering.

-----
I think his up-B should be the helicopter power-up can in Rayman 3. When the power-up can runs out, he can gently float back down by holding the jump button or something.

Soul.

"you can't prove this"
minutes later...
gif shows up"

I dunno.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

-----
honestly, if we are gonna go by Sakurai's seemingly rule of thumb for 3rd party in Smash 4, I think it might be him bouncing off one of those trampoline fruit-things from Origins and Legends, with other characters able to bounce from it as well.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
All I'm saying is, this had better be one of his taunts.

I hope the Rayman Origins' stage clear animations are included in the victory poses. So awesome.

Murphy, not Eddie.
Whoops. Eddie does somehow fit Murphy if he wasn't named Murphy though (at least to me)

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I hope the Rayman Origins' stage clear animations are included in the victory poses. So awesome.

Whoops. Eddie does somehow fit Murphy if he wasn't named Murphy though (at least to me)
Someone say my name?

(I had to before I went bed, sorry cx)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If anyone is curious as to what his moveset could possibly be, there's a perfectly good OP that's seemingly getting ignored.

Though who knows what Sakurai will actually come up with.

D

Deleted member

Rayman's moves and everything would probably be based on Legends and Origins, mostly the former.. I think. Meh, I don't know.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I said this awhile back that Rayman was one of the most likely characters to get in since Nintendo went to the trouble of adding the trophies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Rayman's moves and everything would probably be based on Legends and Origins, mostly the former.. I think. Meh, I don't know.
I'm not sure. I mean, given that his render pose is from his first game, Sakurai might be a tad more careful than that.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
A thought I just had: I wonder if they'll add assist trophies and Smash Run enemies to accommodate Rayman's inclusion. All the other third parties have ATs/SR fodder, so I wonder if Ray would follow suit.

As far as ATs are concerned, I could see either Globox, Murphy, a teensie, or a rabbid, provided none of them are already apart of Rayman's moveset. Rabbids could also be enemies in Smash Run.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
He can hover like Peach.
I don't want to see those things near Rayman ever again, almost killing him once is enough.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Second video just turned private.

Just figured I'd mention that.
That second video was certainly fake. If it was a character unlock screen, then it would have been animated like the others.

Well that is just silly to make it private like that. Even mor ereasin to believe he isnt real. Praise saint valentine

I would love a barbara AT.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
>dusts off PS1 disk when I realize I haven't actually played a Rayman game in ages

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
"This thing didn't have to happen" sounds like he thinks he's in a position where he's earned himself to sound dramatic when the jury is still clearly out. Looking out for additional footage coming out but right now this all has a slight smell of fake.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
"This thing didn't have to happen" sounds like he thinks he's in a position where he's earned himself to sound dramatic when the jury is still clearly out. Looking out for additional footage coming out but right now this all has a slight smell of fake.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Well, the leak may still be real, the first video was uploaded by a different person, but the second video has a good chance of fake.
I do hope this is all real though. I need me some Rayman.

Top Bottom