• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Has anybody actually compared the leaked images with his trophy? I mean they said they made trophy for the game from scratch JUST for Sm4sh. So surely if that's how they'd interpret him with the trophy, he'd look the same in the leaks? I don't remember his eyebrows being so... Prominent.

The pictures looked pretty damn good, the first video made it seem almost 100% real, but that unlock scene looked a bit off... But I think that might have been made by someone else? Who knows. I'd be happy if he was in the game, not sure if I'd use him but I could see how he'd work.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
The flare is only animated during the initial splash of the art on screen... Which isn't shown.
I dunno man, I'm looking at a video right now over unlock screens and the flare animates all up until the screen transitions. Why is that lacking too?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
One thing I'll say, if Rayman gets in, I'd like to see Sakurai borrow some moves/animations from Sukapon, sort of a tribute to Joy Mecha Fight if you will.

Fella is basically Rayman before Rayman even existed. :p Here's a vid of Joy Mecha Fight and Sukapon for reference.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How fascinating. It seems Smash keeps having a quite liking to Rayman, and TBH, I wouldn't mind him in Smash after still having nostalgic memories and love to the humor his series has.I hope you guys and the hero of Glade Dreams will be jumping on the fray!

Also 3 Men in Smash. :4dedede:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I dunno man, I'm looking at a video right now over unlock screens and the flare animates all up until the screen transitions. Why is that lacking too?
Are you absolutely sure it stays animated, as I can almost indefinitely confirm that it stills after a while? Don't the screens need to be manually progressed through?

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
CANDY CHATEAU WITH MR DARK STAGE BOSS PLEASE

NO WAIT

PIRATE SHIP

AAAAAAAAGH TOO MANY GOOD CHOICES
But... No love for the Mosquito? :c

Ridable Mosquito would be awesome, especially if he dashed across the stage with that goofy a** look on his face. cx

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
How fascinating. It seems Smash keeps having a quite liking to Rayman, and TBH, I wouldn't mind him in Smash after still having nostalgic memories and love to the humor his series has.I hope you guys and the hero of Glade Dreams will be jumping on the fray!

Also 3 Men in Smash. :4dedede:
You forgot Jumpman.:4mario:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
WHY OF COURSE!!!!
(what's with the shouting? lol.)
I'M SO GODDAMN EXCITED LET ME HAVE THIS MOMENT

But... No love for the Mosquito? :c

Ridable Mosquito would be awesome, especially if he dashed across the stage with that goofy a** look on his face. cx
Maybe his up special could be Moskito, as likely as it is to be the hellicopter hair.

I dunno.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
One thing I'll say, if Rayman gets in, I'd like to see Sakurai borrow some moves/animations from Sukapon, sort of a tribute to Joy Mecha Fight, if you will.

Fella is basically Rayman before Rayman even existed. :p Here's a vid of Joy Mecha Fight and Sukapon for reference.

I'm actually thinking that's part of the reason why Rayman was chosen. "People wanted Sukapon? Well, here's someone who can fight just like Sukapon, but is way more iconic and popular!"

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Assuming the leak is real, we better get Inkling playable as well. Ops, I meant to say that assuming the leak is real, this song better play in the Rayman stage:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Assuming the leak is real, we better get Inkling playable as well. Ops, I meant to say that assuming the leak is real, this song better play in the Rayman stage:

Inklings...
Man, if our second character is freaking Rayman, I don't know what to expect anymore.
Plus, we got two characters in 4 months, which is exactly twice as many as Sakurai said was possible.
Also, Hi! Where did you go?

T1000416

Smash Cadet
I dunno, I always felt that with third parties, Smash shouldn't make them famous, it should be that the third party character in question is famous enough to be in Smash. It's like an exclusive's club, really. Having non-Nintendo characters in a big Nintendo crossover game like this is a big deal, after all. Their inclusion shouldn't make someone go "who?" which is my beef with Bayonetta's inclusion. Of course, that isn't to say that Rayman is as obscure as she is, but still.
I totally understand what you mean. But on the otherhand the exclusive club reaching out to somebody and saying "hey you can hang with us now" can also prove someones worth to people. If this leak is legit then Nintendo thinks Rayman is a character worth mixing it up with the likes of theirs. That's gotta mean something.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think he wasn't selected yet because, in the current build, the game would crash if he was. Characters do take over 700 man-hours apiece to make from scratch, and I don't think even Mewtwo's finished yet.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Standard Special: Charge punch Sonic's side smash with insane range.
Side Special: Weird fast orb thing that's really fast and low damage.
Up Special: A mushroom which springs Rayman into the air.
Down Special: Green smiling guy from Rayman Legends comes in and trips anybody infront of you like Mewtwo's side special.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Standard Special: Charge punch Sonic's side smash with insane range.
Side Special: Weird fast orb thing that's really fast and low damage.
Up Special: A mushroom which springs Rayman into the air.
Down Special: Green smiling guy from Rayman Legends comes in and trips anybody infront of you like Mewtwo's side special.
Yeah uh, I think we're gonna need a lot more veracity for this.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Who did you ask?
I'm certain the second video is not legit, as it isn't the same user as the first one and is far less...substantial, so if it's that guy, ignore.
I'm about to ignore him soon enough.
I will give about 1 hour before I flat out faint sleeping.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Final Smash: Rabbids come out like Dedede's Final Smash in Brawl.
He can hover like Peach.
His jab is like Wario but faster.

Top Bottom