• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, Rayman MAY be in after all. Does anyone want this to be his victory theme?

I know I do.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I made a move set for Rayman a while back. It would make him pretty much a spacing character. (I think I still have some Brawl mechanic moves in it. If I do ignore them.)

Neutral Attack-Throws his fist twice
Dash Attack-Punches
Forward Tilt-Kicks
Up Tilt-Throws his fist overhead
Down Tilt-Kicks downward
Forward Smash-Throws a charged fist
Up Smash-Throws an energy sphere upward
Down Smash-Throws both fists with the Heavy Metal Fist power
Neutral Aerial-Kicks
Forward Aerial-Throws his fist
Back Aerial-Throws his fist behind him
Up Aerial-Punches upward with his Golden Fist upgrade
Down Aerial-Punches underfoot
Grab-Grabs: Long Grab
Pummel-Punches
Forward Throw-Throws forward
Back Throw-Throws backward
Up Throw-Throws upward
Down Throw-Throws to the ground
Floor (Front)-Swings his feet around him
Floor (Back)-Swings his feet around him
Floor (Trip)-Punches on both sides
Edge (-100%)-Punches as he gets up
Edge (100+)-Punches after getting up.
Neutral Special-Plunger Gun: Rayman fires a plunger. This slows opponents slightly.
Custom 1-Reverse Plunger: Plungers reverse opponents controls for a few seconds
Custom 2-Flush Plunger: Plungers create a whirlpool around the opponent that got hit
Side Special-Vortex: Rayman charges up a punch, but will fire a whirlwind instead. This tornado will shrink opponents for a few seconds.
Custom 1-Gale Vortex: Vortex damages rapidly
Custom 2-Vortex Punch: Vortex has high knockback
Up Special-Super Helicopter: Rayman flies using his hair
Custom 1-Launch Helicopter: Rayman goes higher faster
Custom 2-Damaging Helicopter: Rayman’s hair will damage opponents
Down Special-Shock Rocket: Rayman fires his fist that can be controlled. Rayman cannot move while this is in effect.
Custom 1-Launch Rocket: Shock Rocket goes in a straight line and has higher knockback
Custom 2-Loop Rocket: Shock Rocket loop-de-loops
Final Smash-Globox: Globox attacks the opponents for a minute. Globox deals a lot of damage
Up Taunt-Does his victory pose for winning a battle in Rayman 3
Side Taunt-Dances
Down Taunt-Flashes a peace sign

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
You know, if this is real, do you think this might be why SSB Crusade was asked not to stream at APEX?

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
A Smash fangame that has Rayman as one of the characters. It normally has a booth at APEX every year, but an undisclosed party asked them not to stream this year.
Apex this year? I'm assuming so.
It does make sense, actually.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
You'd think Nintendo wouldn't want to include Rayman given their current relationship with Ubisoft.
My personal theory is that Rayman was originally intended to be in the game, was cut during development due to Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo going south, and then was added back in as DLC for some reason.

The trophy could possibly have remained in the game because Nintendo and Ubisoft had some signed agreement that Rayman would appear in the game and this was Nintendo's loophole.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
I don't see the similar features between Rayman and Little Mac.
Or is it just me?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't see the similar features between Rayman and Little Mac.
Or is it just me?
He's making a joke, sweetheart. When the ESRB leak that confirmed the final roster was revealed last year, there were efforts to debunk it, with a popular suggestion being that it was clearly fake because Shulk's portrait was thought to be a photoshop of Little Mac's portrait.

Obviously that wasn't the case, so now comparing a leaked character to Little Mac is a tongue-in-cheek way of satirically suggesting the leak is fake based on arbitrary and unfounded claims.

Last edited:

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
He's making a joke, sweetheart. When the ESRB leak that confirmed the final roster was revealed last year, there were efforts to debunk it, with a popular suggestion being that it was clearly fake because Shulk's portrait was thought to be a photoshop of Little Mac's render.

Obviously that wasn't the case, so now comparing a leaked character to Little Mac is a tongue-in-cheek way of satirically suggesting the leak is fake based on arbitrary and unfounded claims.
Oh. It is me, then.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Naw, those are Mac's eyebrows. Rock Lee isn't in this game so it can't be anyone else's.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm honestly surprised Nintendo hasn't taken Video 1 down by now if it's legit.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Inklings...
Man, if our second character is freaking Rayman, I don't know what to expect anymore.
Plus, we got two characters in 4 months, which is exactly twice as many as Sakurai said was possible.
Also, Hi! Where did you go?
I am still here, although I don't have anything interesting to post most of the time, so I mostly lurk. Thanks for asking!

Btw, I am doing a new Dark Souls playthrough!

Top Bottom