• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Here's my thing with Ryu. I wouldn't object to him at all. There are other third party characters I'd pick *hint hint* but I wouldn't be mad. But it would make no sense, because:
1: Street Fighter is much more prevalent on Sony consoles than Nintendo consoles nowadays
2: We already have a Capcom rep
3: Sakurai said said he wouldn't include fighting game characters.

These three things alone make me doubt this leak. Let's not even get into the files themselves.

Edit: So, someone didn't find the files. Well, never mind. BACK TO RAYMAN
So the Ryu and Roy files were really fake then. If that's the case then thank goodness. I'm not too much against Roy being a possibility to come back. I've mostly been going off what other people have been saying about the Fire Embelm cast having more representation than other franchises like Kirby or Star Fox, franchises that been there since the beginning and needs representation. I'm somewhat surprised that Kirby didn't even get a newcomer this time and Star Fox getting bumped down to just two again. I know Fire Emblem is a bit of a bigger series but Star Fox and Kirby been there since the beginning of Smash, yet no new representation for neither this time.

Ryu would really be an out there inclusion. If he got put in I would just be like "Why are you even here?" He'd be a more out there addition than Snake would really. I mean can any of you imagine Ryu from Street Fighter standing next to Mario.

BTW Post #50! Woo-Hoo!

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh dear.
Rayman's chances just got alot smaller.
Guys, I'm scared.
For the second third party DLC, I'm almost sure that Sakurai will pick Snake.
Even if this was real (it isn't), how would this affect Rayman at all? Other than proving third parties can be DLC, which isn't bad.
Snake had better be one of the DLC characters. *cough*

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh dear.
Rayman's chances just got alot smaller.
Guys, I'm scared.
For the second third party DLC, I'm almost sure that Sakurai will pick Snake.
And we'll just be left with three trophies from an unplayable third party franchise.
Getting back to Rayman. Can we actually sit here and say his chances has shrunken? If Ryu is actually coming as DLC, that means more 3rd party DLC is happening when the opposite was commonly thought. If anything, if more votes of these characters come true as fighters, 3rd party characters, if Rayman gets enough votes, he might be more the likely to join then, imo.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If this ends up being legit, I wonder how much trouble they had to go through to get Ryu. If it was minimal, perhaps other 3rd Parties won't be screwed over by this. But knowing Capcom...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I thought that a Tekken character would appear in the game because namco helping them (or Pacman) but I've never thought that Ryu could appear. In one hand, that means that Third Party DLC's are real, in the other hand is that other slot has been occupied.

I'm still thinking that Rayman can appear, I have hopes on the Ballot so #KeepFighting

(I hope I can finish the video this week/weekend).

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Suddenly Rayman's chances have gone down because of a fake leak.

Huh?

He's already in the game in some form, all we need is for Sakurai to see one good vote for him to agree with the idea.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
If Ryu (ugh) really is going to get in this it just proves that third party DLC is possible. I don't think it shrunken Rayman's chances, granted Ryu may be the first DLC third party character to get in, if anything I think that this just helps his chances. If Rayman gets much more votes he could still be possible. There could more than likely would be some kind of a Third party DLC pack that we've all been asking for.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
If Capcom think that they can shoe in another of their characters in Smash for the sake of profit, they've have another thing coming.

I say that everyone of us go on DLC strike by refusing to buy the Ryu DLC. If people are going to boycott Rayman Legends for the Wii U, then we all should do the same for Ryu. Tell Capcom to keep their Street Fighters out of our Smash Bros!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Everyone is just taking this "leak" as if it were real when we haven't got a bit of proof other than some guy's word.

Some of you are starting to overreact, come on.

Remember what happened last time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Everyone is just taking this "leak" as if it were real when we haven't got a bit of proof other than some guy's word.

Some of you are starting to overreact, come on.

Remember what happened last time.
@PushDustIn Confrimed that the sound files are in the game,

Ryu is coming.

While I'm upset about it, I had some time to think, Ryu wouldn't hurt Rayman's chances, if Ryu were the only third party DLC, Nintendo wouldn't of said you could vote for any game character.

With that said, I'll continue to support Rayman,

AreJay25

Another valued source just confirmed the sound files. It's happening guys.
Keep in mind guys, this doesn't mean Rayman can't get in. The ballot is still a thing, and this was clearly intended a while ago if it's in the update.
Don't stop the support because of one leak.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Cmon guys let's not turn into those people on Miiverse when they found out that Wonder Red was a trophy and they wanted to boycott the game because he wasn't playable. I think our time will come and we'll get Rayman when the least expected. #KeepFighting4Rayman

Ryu is a total gaming icon entirely deserving of his spot even if i dislike him.

If anything this is a good thing as 3rd parties are being considered for dlc.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ryu and Roy.

Whelp, guess we're getting Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Pichu, Bayonetta, Young Dr. Metal Pokemon Trainer, and Goku.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
@ GaroMaster GaroMaster Don't stop spreading those forms despite this. I didn't think so when I first heard it, but after thinking about it, I still think Rayman can happen.

Speaking of which, you know that letter I said I would post what I had so far yesterday but didn't. I'm actually very close to completing it, so I decided to post it in full on Friday.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
@PushDustIn Confrimed that the sound files are in the game,

Ryu is coming.

While I'm upset about it, I had some time to think, Ryu wouldn't hurt Rayman's chances, if Ryu were the only third party DLC, Nintendo wouldn't of said you could vote for any game character.

With that said, I'll continue to support Rayman,

Fine, but I'm still not gonna throw my money at Capcom's feet if Ryu gets in before Rayman.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
You know guys I just realized something in a way It looks like Capcom broke the mold of the third parties getting more representation for Smash. Though I always thought that Sega would be the first one to do it first. If this really is true then this will be the first time when we're getting a third party character for more than one company. If this really is the case I hope that Sega and Namco jumps in on this too. Namco especially, because they helped make the damn game. They definitely deserve it. While they're at it bring in Konami, Ubisoft, and maybe Square. Let's get ourselves a Third party DLC pack.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You know guys I just realized something in a way It looks like Capcom broke the mold of the third parties getting more representation for Smash. Though I always thought that Sega would be the first one to do it first. If this really is true then this will be the first time when we're getting a third party character for more than one company. If this really is the case I hope that Sega and Namco jumps in on this too. Namco especially, because they helped make the damn game. They definitely deserve it. While they're at it bring in Konami, Ubisoft, and maybe Square. Let's get ourselves a Third party DLC pack.
First bring in Rayman as playable and we'll think about it.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah. if Ryu is getting in, I think, like everyone else has said, that he was probably a planned DLC character before the ballot.

This also means another thing though... this means Capcom will have 2 reps...

Wouldn't that also make it possible for other parties to get more than one rep? Heck. The Sega fans could actually get knuckles if they wanted to after all.. o_o

Exactly

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Let's just make sure Rayman is made playable. That's all we ask for.

AreJay25

... I feel like I'm the only one here who's actually hyped about Ryu, and still believes that Rayman has a chance regardless of what's happened.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
@ GaroMaster GaroMaster Don't stop spreading those forms despite this. I didn't think so when I first heard it, but after thinking about it, I still think Rayman can happen.

Speaking of which, you know that letter I said I would post what I had so far yesterday but didn't. I'm actually very close to completing it, so I decided to post it in full on Friday.
Oh I WON'T STOP. If anything, this leak is motivating me to campaign for Rayman even harder.
You know what? I'm not shooting for 60 potential voters.
I'm shooting for 100 potential voters.
I'm going all out, guys.
I will fight for our limbless hero until he gets in. There is no stopping now.
WE MUST FIGHT!!!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
...Oh god... I can already see it now..

"HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN!"

^
|
Fights against Ryu players in a nutshell

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
...Oh god... I can already see it now..

"HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN!"

^
|
Fights against Ryu players in a nutshell
That's the last thing we need. More spamming moves along with Falcon Punch and Backslash.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh I WON'T STOP. If anything, this leak is motivating me to campaign for Rayman even harder.
You know what? I'm not shooting for 60 potential voters.
I'm shooting for 100 potential voters.
I'm going all out, guys.
I will fight for our limbless hero until he gets in. There is no stopping now.
WE MUST FIGHT!!!
Your comment reminded me of this song.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
.... I don't see how Ryu will ruin Rayman chances? They already planned Ryu due to his sound file being already there so I don't really get this mindset going on?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Ryu would really be an out there inclusion. If he got put in I would just be like "Why are you even here?" He'd be a more out there addition than Snake would really. I mean can any of you imagine Ryu from Street Fighter standing next to Mario.

BTW Post #50! Woo-Hoo!

I know you guys really want Rayman (I do too), but you guys need to think reasonably & stop ****ting on an iconic character who deserves to be in Smash, possibly more so than Rayman.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

I know you guys really want Rayman (I do too), but you guys need to think reasonably & stop ****ting on an iconic character who deserves to be in Smash, possibly more so than Rayman.
True, but that's not going to stop us from wanting Rayman in this more than ever.

Top Bottom