• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Remember how I said I passed out 8 vote forms today?
Well, I gave 2 to my friend to show to his friends, but they turned it down, so I he's going to give me back those two, which will reduce initial amount to 18, which is still quite a bit.
Combine that with my 15 vote forms in my folder, and I'll have 17 vote forms locked and loaded.
Good night guys! I think my campaign is helping our cause! I just know it is.
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman4Smash

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I already saw the video.

If those files are true, I would be happy for Roy...but surprised for anything else...

Well I'm getting sick of all of these Fire Emblem characters being added in. And a Street Fighter character in my Smash Bros? No thanks. Unless they confirm that Rayman is DLC, I'm going on DLC strike. I've already got the Mewtwo code, and I'm planning to get Lucas later on, but I'm not going to waste my DLC money on more veterans and another Capcom IP.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
We must take it as a rumour (because it's a rumour), but didn't we have mewtwo's archives in Brawl, but he has never appeared in?

I was thinking that a Third party character could be presented in the E3, maybe is Ryu? (2 characters of Capcom)

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
We must take it as a rumour (because it's a rumour), but didn't we have mewtwo's archives in Brawl, but he has never appeared in?

I was thinking that a Third party character could be presented in the E3, maybe is Ryu? (2 characters of Capcom)
Well I hope it's a rumor and nothing else, because if he gets announced as said DLC this E3 instead of you know who, it would be the 'best 20th anniversary gift to all of us fans'. Happy birthday Rayman. :facepalm:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
That's what I hope it would be.
Yeah man, I'm not gonna worry about it too much.

It's too easy to fake something like this, add on the fact that Ryu would be the very first third party to be by the same company as another character in the game (Megaman), but hey, if it turns out to be legit, congrats to those roy dudes!

But for now, I'm calling it, I don't see this happening, especially with Ryu.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well Mewtwo was fun.

Though now we know that DLC characters...
  • Just get stuck at the end of the third parties but before the Miis.
  • Use that generic "I have no data on this fighter" guidance.
  • Have no bloody custom specials.
  • Appear in the correct place in All-Star mode.
  • Have custom Boxing Ring titles.
  • Get Classic, All-Star, and Alt. Trophies.

Kind of disappointed.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well Mewtwo was fun.

Kind of disappointed.

Really? Wow. That stinks. I hope that Rayman gets a little better treatment when he gets announced. Maybe the guidance is a placeholder for said DLC fighter until a later update.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Really? Wow. That stinks. I hope that Rayman gets a little better treatment when he gets announced. Maybe the guidance is a placeholder for said DLC fighter until a later update.
that'd mean they'd have to get the voice actors of Pit, Palutena and Viridi back... which I would like to see but it'd cost too much money to just do like that.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
that'd mean they'd have to get the voice actors of Pit, Palutena and Viridi back... which I would like to see but it'd cost too much money to just do like that.
Like I said, they'll probably have to do it in a later update.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Wat? I know it's a rumor, but really? Also, didn't Sakuari say something about not adding characters from fighting games?
Well Mewtwo was fun.

Kind of disappointed.
Thats a darn shame, though understandable. So how is the patch for you guys?

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Like I said, they'll probably have to do it in a later update.
You did indeed but they already have their standard DLC voicelines so why bother changing those? it'd just be expensive

sidenote: I found another poll from the youtuber 'Loves Smash' and Rayman is only second! he have to fix this! he'll also make a video out of the poll showing what characters the fans want. this is our chance to shine and prove people Rayman is wanted. let's get our voices out there!

http://strawpoll.me/4033902

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wat? I know it's a rumor, but really? Also, didn't Sakuari say something about not adding characters from fighting games?
As much as I don't care if this is totally true, despite Roy being apart of it, I'm convinced if any of this is true, Sakurai or not, everything that comes out of his mouth that disregards a character is null and void...he seems to constantly contradict himself these days...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You did indeed but they already have their standard DLC voicelines so why bother changing those? it'd just be expensive

sidenote: I found another poll from the youtuber 'Loves Smash' and Rayman is only second! he have to fix this! he'll also make a video out of the poll showing what characters the fans want. this is our chance to shine and prove people Rayman is wanted. let's get our voices out there!

Voted!

louie g

Smash Journeyman

How reliable is strawpoll anyways?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
As much as I don't care if this is totally true, despite Roy being apart of it, I'm convinced if any of this is true, Sakurai or not, everything that comes out of his mouth that disregards a character is null and void...he seems to constantly contradict himself these days...
So Rayman's chances of being included is pretty likely at this point, right?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yep.

(Cool new profile pic by the way ^_^)

Say, has anyone thought about the possibility that Ryu could have just been a beta fighter or something? Before the concept of Pacman as a fighter was concieved? Possibly the early Capcom rep?...
...You mean...Megaman. Megaman is owned by Capcom, like Ryu. Pacman is owned by Namco.

And...I suppose so?... But as of what I heard, these files were supposedly added into the game via the latest patch with Mewtwo...so that doesn't seem like a reasonable reason for the files being there...

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Yep.

(Cool new profile pic by the way ^_^)

Say, has anyone thought about the possibility that Ryu could have just been a beta fighter or something? Before the concept of Pacman as a fighter was concieved? Possibly the early Capcom rep?...
If that's true, then I'm glad that Mega Man got in over him. I don't really care much at all for Street Fighters.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
...You mean...Megaman. Megaman is owned by Capcom, like Ryu. Pacman is owned by Namco.

And...I suppose so?... But as of what I heard, these files were supposedly added into the game via the latest patch with Mewtwo...so that doesn't seem like a reasonable reason for the files being there...
Whoops.. I guess all the Third parties being thrown around lately is frying my brain @_@..

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Look who's back, guys! I managed to pass out 11 vote forms today, which brings my total up to 29! The numbers are climbing!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh guys. I decided to make an icon of a character from the Rayman series.

Of course... SuperSegaSonicSS has already made an awesome Ray icon.. I wouldn't want to copy anyone, plus I still need something to practice on. I have also been working on icons for a Stock Icon shop anyway.

Soo.. I decided instead, for further practice, to opt for a more..... "sinister" character.

I made an Admiral Razorbeard Icon! ^_^

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I didn't even consider Ryu being a possible Capcom rep before Smash 4 was announced in 2013. While he may be the somewhat "current mascot" for Capcom as of recently he almost never got bought up by any Smash fan at all. All of the Smash community really asked for Megaman. Who knows if Capcom was pushing for Ryu at first? Capcom had always been a somewhat trolling company. Yes Ryu is somewhat of an icon but I don't think even Sakurai would've asked for him, because he came from an actual fighting game and he should stay in that fighting game that he came from. Didn't Sakuari once stated that fighting game characters weren't allowed for Smash Bros at one point? Which is why a lot of people also shot down the sugeestions for Llyod Irving, Soul Calibur, or Tekken characters for possible Namco reps, because they already come from a fighting game. Ryu doesn't seem to match the the third parties we already have. Ryu wouldn't fit into Smash, period. Capcom needs to suck it up they have a rep we don't need another one from them.

What makes this screams fake is Roy. Like really a lot of people were already salty about the Fire Emblem roster. Saying that we don't need anymore Fire Emblem reps. They keep saying we got enough "Marth clones" as it is . Yet the ballot wants to bring him back? I know he's a character that got cut and is a fan favorite, but geez people make up your mind. Sometimes a cut is a cut something's have to give here. You either want clones or you don't. The Smash community seems to be so contradictive when it comes to characters in general. I can see why Sakuari doesn't want to listen to us at times. One minuete they want the character to be in and the next minute they don't want that character to be in.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I didn't even consider Ryu being a possible Capcom rep before Smash 4 was announced in 2013. While he may be the somewhat "current mascot" for Capcom as of recently he almost never got bought up by any Smash fan at all. All of the Smash community really asked for Megaman. Who knows if Capcom was pushing for Ryu at first? Capcom had always been a somewhat trolling company. Yes Ryu is somewhat of an icon but I don't think even Sakurai would've asked for him, because he came from an actual fighting game and he should stay in that fighting game that he came from. Didn't Sakuari once stated that fighting game characters weren't allowed for Smash Bros at one point? Which is why a lot of people also shot down the sugeestions for Llyod Irving, Soul Calibur, or Tekken characters for possible Namco reps, because they already come from a fighting game. Ryu doesn't seem to match the the third parties we already have. Capcom needs to suck it up they have a rep we don't need another one from them.

What makes this screams fake is Roy. Like really a lot of people were already salty about the Fire Emblem roster. Saying that we don't need anymore Fire Emblem reps. They keep saying we got enough "Marth clones" as it is . Yet the ballot wants to bring him back? I know he's a character that got cut and is a fan favorite, but geez people make up your mind. Sometimes a cut is a cut something's have to give here. You either want clones or you don't. The Smash community seems to be so contradictive when it comes to characters in general. I can see why Sakuari doesn't want to listen to us at times. One minuete they want the character to be in and the next minute they don't want that character to be in.
I think in regards to the fighting characters, I think he said it just lessens their chances.. after all, we do have Little Mac in the game

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I didn't even consider Ryu being a possible Capcom rep before Smash 4 was announced in 2013. While he may be the somewhat "current mascot" for Capcom as of recently he almost never got bought up by any Smash fan at all. All of the Smash community really asked for Megaman. Who knows if Capcom was pushing for Ryu at first? Capcom had always been a somewhat trolling company. Yes Ryu is somewhat of an icon but I don't think even Sakurai would've asked for him, because he came from an actual fighting game and he should stay in that fighting game that he came from. Didn't Sakuari once stated that fighting game characters weren't allowed for Smash Bros at one point? Which is why a lot of people also shot down the sugeestions for Llyod Irving, Soul Calibur, or Tekken characters for possible Namco reps, because they already come from a fighting game. Ryu doesn't seem to match the the third parties we already have. Capcom needs to suck it up they have a rep we don't need another one from them.

When it comes to Roy, most of the western community that are fans of FE, they mostly against Roy's inclusion, and it's mostly Japan from polls I seen is voting him back. Anyone else are actual Roy fans from experiencing him in Melee, like myself, like mostly everyone in the west. The only way I see Roy return is just like Lucus is some regard, as I'm sure Japan requested him back the most out of it, and as like that, Roy's getting the most requested there as well. With Mewtwo being a cut vet of Melee and the fact that Roy and Mewtwo was going to return in Brawl, but was cut again, thanks to Sonic, I can see Nintendo pushing him in as DLC at some point or another.

But when it comes to Ryu, I'm neutral, to both he actually being added in and his reasons for being chosen, as I can't understand any reason for his inclusion, for the many points you brought up, (although with Lloyd, he came from a RPG series, not just a fighting game) but I still get your point.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So this turned into the leaks thread? Someone's already dug out the files of the new update anyway, no Roy or Ryu.

Anyway...

Only in my dreams.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I think in regards to the fighting characters, I think he said it just lessens their chances.. after all, we do have Little Mac in the game
I don't think that Little Mac is from a fighting game like Ryu from SF (or like Tekken)

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Here's my thing with Ryu. I wouldn't object to him at all. There are other third party characters I'd pick *hint hint* but I wouldn't be mad. But it would make no sense, because:
1: Street Fighter is much more prevalent on Sony consoles than Nintendo consoles nowadays
2: We already have a Capcom rep
3: Sakurai said said he wouldn't include fighting game characters.

These three things alone make me doubt this leak. Let's not even get into the files themselves.

Edit: So, someone didn't find the files. Well, never mind. BACK TO RAYMAN

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
After the ArtsyOmni leak happened, I will never believe a leak is real until proven so.
Besides, I would be excited for Ryu, but isn't it strange that his next game isn't even COMING TO WII U?
That's the strangest part of the whole thing. Not to mention, none of the music was anything we hadn't heard before; they all sounded ripped. If freaking Duck Hunt can get an orchestrated winning theme, then I'm sure Ryu can as well. But it isn't, and I'm calling this leak fake for now.
Oh, and don't even get me started on that stage image. If a guy can create a render of Rayman that fooled almost everyone, then I'm sure someone out there created that stage image.
The only thing that would've made me believe this leak is if they had the announcer voices for Roy and Ryu, but they don't.
I'm going to let this slide and continue campaigning for Rayman.

Top Bottom