• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Congrats! I was thinking of doing something similar, but I don't know how to approach it. I don't know a lot of Smash fans at my school, and the ones I do have voted for other characters.
I'd speak to the biggest Smash fan in my school more if he wasn't hanging around the girl I'm in love with so often.:ohwell:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Looking back at that GameXplain discussion, I always feel a little depressed when they get to Rayman.

Are we truly not loud enough? Are we just a quiet bunch of fans? What did Rayman ever do to Andre and Ash that causes them to think that he's not good enough? And what makes them think that SHOVEL KNIGHT is a better candidate?

I mean, GameXplain is one of the most popular Youtube gaming channels, and they don't notice the demand for Rayman?
First off, they need to look at Smashboards and see what is going on after the fake leak had happened. I mean, we're the biggest third party support thread on Smashboards. And they still don't notice us? I honestly can't tell if they're being bias or ignorant.
The day Rayman is announced, though, is the day that I will laugh at every detractor.
However, every detractor will laugh at us the day he is deconfirmed.
I really don't know if we're being loud enough. And it worries me so much.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly do feel the Rayman hype is dying down, and as I brought up before, do you guys have any other ideas on how to spread the word?

I brought this up a million times, but what about writing a letter to Nintendo of Japan? Sure, it will probably have a response of "thank you for sending us your mail", but I don't think it would hurt to try.
I've been working on my letter for a couple months now, and I now have the time to finalize it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I honestly do feel the Rayman hype is dying down, and as I brought up before, do you guys have any other ideas on how to spread the word?

I brought this up a million times, but what about writing a letter to Nintendo of Japan? Sure, it will probably have a response of "thank you for sending us your mail", but I don't think it would hurt to try.
I've been working on my letter for a couple months now, and I now have the time to finalize it.
I want to spread the word by making campaign posters, but at the same time, I want to work on vote forms so I can campaign for Rayman at school.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Looking back at that GameXplain discussion, I always feel a little depressed when they get to Rayman.

Are we truly not loud enough? Are we just a quiet bunch of fans? What did Rayman ever do to Andre and Ash that causes them to think that he's not good enough? And what makes them think that SHOVEL KNIGHT is a better candidate?

I mean, GameXplain is one of the most popular Youtube gaming channels, and they don't notice the demand for Rayman?
First off, they need to look at Smashboards and see what is going on after the fake leak had happened. I mean, we're the biggest third party support thread on Smashboards. And they still don't notice us? I honestly can't tell if they're being bias or ignorant.
The day Rayman is announced, though, is the day that I will laugh at every detractor.
However, every detractor will laugh at us the day he is deconfirmed.
I really don't know if we're being loud enough. And it worries me so much.
I wouldn't worry too much about it man, when it comes to being loud, I do see a good decent bit of raymans sticking out there, but even if we aren't being loud enough, it wouldn't change anything

Let the other communities do the screaming and the demanding, while we sit back in our chairs and have a good time!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I want to spread the word by making campaign posters, but at the same time, I want to work on vote forms so I can campaign for Rayman at school.
By the way, how far along are you on the campaign posters? Not trying to rush you, just wanted to know.

Glad to see your in an environment that could gain supporters. Most of the people don't know what Rayman is.

Also, I plan on posting on what I got so far for my letter sometime tomorrow, it's probably about a quarter of the way done, it's pretty lengthy too. I just want to post to see what I can improve on, what things to add, remove, etc.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Its not that it's dying down, everyone is just sorta.. "quietly waiting" at this point, if that makes sense..

I mean we have six months until October... We have a long way to go until the end of the ballot :/

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
By the way, how far along are you on the campaign posters? Not trying to rush you, just wanted to know.

Glad to see your in an environment that could gain supporters. Most of the people don't know what Rayman is.

Also, I plan on posting on what I got so far for my letter sometime tomorrow, it's probably about a quarter of the way done, it's pretty lengthy too. I just want to post to see what I can improve on, what things to add, remove, etc.
I haven't even started on the campaign posters. I'm thinking about working on them this weekend. For now, I'm focusing on my campaign at school.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Speaking of indie characters, I think this would be the best game for them to appear in rather than Smash Bros.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Speaking of indie characters, I think this would be the best game for them to appear in rather than Smash Bros.

I would be hard-pressed to call a game where every character seems to be limited to the same "run, jump, punch, slam" the "best" one for them to appear in. Doesn't really do justice to any of them, does it?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Looks interesting. I personally couldn't see Shantae in it though... to me, she just fits better alongside Nintendo IPs. ( I still hate how some people are still throwing the indie card against that character to be honest.)

I would be hard-pressed to call a game where every character seems to be limited to the same "run, jump, punch, slam" the "best" one for them to appear in. Doesn't really do justice to any of them, does it?
And exactly. There's a difference between a game like that, and the game that Smash is.... a well known, celebration of gaming where all sorts of characters beat each other up :D

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, I have loaded up 20 vote sheets to prepare for my campaign.
Who knows; maybe Rayman will be announced two months from now at E3.
If he isn't, though, I think it's safe to say that we're going to be on this thread for a LONG time.
Do not lose hope, guys. Somehow, someway, we will get Rayman in. We just have to continue fighting for that reality.
And whatever happens to us, we'll face our future together.
Good night, guys.
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman4Smash

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Just to bring it up, even after the ballot ends, even if Ray doesn't get in as DLC, things are far from done. If I recall Nintendo has also said they will consider the results from the ballot for possible newcomers in future titles... So never lose hope ^_^ As I said in another thread, we just have to keep pushing

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If any character will benefit from Smash 4's crazy facial expressions, it's Rayman.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm back! I passed out 8 vote forms, which may be less successful compared to yesterday, but it's decent enough.
Amazingly, nearly every single person I asked yesterday decided to vote for him, so they didn't completely forget about it.
As of right now, I have passed out 20 vote forms. Rayman's getting supporters, folks!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm back! I passed out 8 vote forms, which may be less successful compared to yesterday, but it's decent enough.
Amazingly, nearly every single person I asked yesterday decided to vote for him, so they didn't completely forget about it.
As of right now, I have passed out 20 vote forms. Rayman's getting supporters, folks!
Glad to hear. Good job with it. :)

louie g

Smash Journeyman

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey guys! Since tomorrow will be when the Mewtwo DLC is released, how about a round of Smash Bros Wii U on me?

Top Bottom