• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
.... I don't see how Ryu will ruin Rayman chances? They already planned Ryu due to his sound file being already there so I don't really get this mindset going on?
In hindsight that was kind of stupid of me to think of.

I know you guys really want Rayman (I do too), but you guys need to think reasonably & stop ****ting on an iconic character who deserves to be in Smash, possibly more so than Rayman.
I know Ryu is an iconic character, he's just a character I'm not really fond of. I was pretty salty earlier in this thread due to me thinking Rayman's chances were dead.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
... I feel like I'm the only one here who's actually hyped about Ryu, and still believes that Rayman has a chance regardless of what's happened.
I also feel this way, and that those that think his chances have gone down are being silly :p

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know what?
Ryu deserves to be in Smash. He's more iconic than Rayman, was one of the best selling franchises on the SNES, and he has a ton of moveset potential. And this is coming from a huge Rayman fan.
That said, Rayman's chances haven't went down; if anything, they went up because they're now considering third party characters for DLC. I'm going to continue campaigning for him, folks.
This time, though, I'm shooting for 100.
I'm going to try to help his cause.
Good night, guys.
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman4Smash

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Who doesn't want to see Little Mac vs. Ryu?
This is actually really great.

I find it funny how you guys go through leak after leak with so much hope, but when Ryu is confirmed, that logically means that Rayman is deconfirmed.

EDIT: Letter Coloring.:p

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know what?
Ryu deserves to be in Smash. He's more iconic than Rayman, was one of the best selling franchises on the SNES, and he has a ton of moveset potential. And this is coming from a huge Rayman fan.
That said, Rayman's chances haven't went down; if anything, they went up because they're now considering third party characters for DLC. I'm going to continue campaigning for him, folks.
This time, though, I'm shooting for 100.
I'm going to try to help his cause.
Good night, guys.
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman4Smash
Sorry for this late response, but good night. :)

Who doesn't want to see Little Mac vs. Ryu?

This is actually really great.

I find it funny how you guys go through leak after leak with so much hope, but when Ryu is confirmed, that logically means that Rayman is deconfirmed.
Well, I did say it actually was a better thing than not. xD Hope this brings more 3rd party characters soon.

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I don't really blame you guys for freaking out over this to be honest. Sakurai DID specifically state that he will not include too many characters from the ballot, but seeing as this is planned, like someone else said, and doesn't really have anything to do with the ballot, all hope isn't lost.

Don't be too hard on yourselves guys, let's move on!

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
The guy already has three trophies in the base game, and his current trophy is just begging to get replaced by a character trophy, I'm pretty sure Rayman's chances have only been boosted by this.

Honestly I never really... Understood Rayman? Like what's his aesthetic? Plumber, hedgehog, robot, dragon, bandicoot... And then what's this guy? The soul of Billy West? Like I'm not bagging on him, I just genuinely don't understand what his aesthetic is supposed to be.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
The guy already has three trophies in the base game, and his current trophy is just begging to get replaced by a character trophy, I'm pretty sure Rayman's chances have only been boosted by this.

Honestly I never really... Understood Rayman? Like what's his aesthetic? Plumber, hedgehog, robot, dragon, bandicoot... And then what's this guy? The soul of Billy West? Like I'm not bagging on him, I just genuinely don't understand what his aesthetic is supposed to be.
YES

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Like I said, if Ryu joins, then so can Rayman! Oh boy, Sakurai isn't going to be taking any vacations for a long time.

louie g

Smash Journeyman

His aesthetic is that he's rayman, lol.

I guess you could say that his real gimmick is that, he has no limbs, so throughout his games he's able to throw around his fists without any limits.

They vaguely hint that he is some sort of embodiment to light, hence his name "ray"man, and the fact that he collects lums, which are supposed to be short for "illuminate", and he also has the ability to toss around light orbs in his second game. There's a lot of lore to this type of stuff in rayman 2, which is really big on it's fantasy.

But the main thing that you really gotta understand is, the dude lacks body parts, and he benefits from it. Also he can fly with his hair, hurrah!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman is...Rayman. It's hard to say what he is, even the Origins trailer had a hard time deciding before settling on "thingamajig." Though funny you bring up Billy West, he did voice Rayman in the very short lived cartoon.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

A thingamajig..

I don't like Ryu, I know he is an iconic character but I just don't like him in smash bros.. but I like his games, I have the SF II from GBC xD. (if there're supporters from him, I'm glad that they obtained what they wanted).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know guys I just realized something in a way It looks like Capcom broke the mold of the third parties getting more representation for Smash. Though I always thought that Sega would be the first one to do it first. If this really is true then this will be the first time when we're getting a third party character for more than one company. If this really is the case I hope that Sega and Namco jumps in on this too. Namco especially, because they helped make the damn game. They definitely deserve it. While they're at it bring in Konami, Ubisoft, and maybe Square. Let's get ourselves a Third party DLC pack.
Sophitia, Knuckles, and Simon Belmont confirmed! :troll:

I would die happy if these guys (plus Rayman) were to be in.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
If Rayman gets in, are you sure that his normal special move (B) would be "Shoot his fist"? I mean, think about it, when kirby eats Rayman, Kirby would have the same normal special move, so.. it would be rare.. xD. Or will we see Kirby without limbs when he eats him? (I'm not sure if Kirby already has limbs or not, maybe he'd have blank gloves instead of his hands?)

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

I know you guys really want Rayman (I do too), but you guys need to think reasonably & stop ****ting on an iconic character who deserves to be in Smash, possibly more so than Rayman.
Look, I know Ryu is an iconic character. I'll admit that he is more iconic than Rayman. Street Fighter is a very well known and beloved franchise, and I know it sells pretty well, after Smash it's my second favorite fighting game. I was just caught off guard because this character is from a company that's already getting represented in Smash. After a while of thinking on it, I do think Ryu deserves to be in Smash and it does makes sense as to why Ryu is here, especially now because of how Nintendo and Capcom have been working together on certain things as of late. If it really is real more than likely Roy and Ryu will get revealed as DLC characters when E3 comes, because they are both popular characters that would generate hype. This pretty much confirms that third party characters are indeed getting considered, I think at this it just depends on who it is at this point.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sorry for being late, but I'm happy to anmounce that I have passed out 7 vote forms today. As of right now, the total stands at 36 vote forms, which is three times greater than the number of vote forms I had passed out on Monday of this week.
Not bad, isn't it?

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nice! I enjoyed reading it! Oh, and one thing to "In 2014 Rayman even found himself as the French Federation of Foot Ball’s mascot for the World Cup!", it was a joke from April Fool's Day.
Lol, it was on his Wikipedia page! I guess I should remove it.

Special thanks to @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux for giving it a once over, as well.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Eh, it isn't entirely clear whether it was really an April Fools joke or not. I don't recall the actual thing being on April 1st, and the Rayman team themselves still act as though it was a serious thing as far as I can tell. But eh.

I'll definitely be pushing harder for Rayman with recent events.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Eh, it isn't entirely clear whether it was really an April Fools joke or not. I don't recall the actual thing being on April 1st, and the Rayman team themselves still act as though it was a serious thing as far as I can tell. But eh.

I removed it, but I can put it back.

Maybe we should take a vote?

(Not serious about the vote thing.)

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Here is (You can see is from 1st April and they say in the comments that it was a joke) : https://www.facebook.com/rayman/pho...1255823742836/233535376848213/?type=1&theater

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Great read! Really like how you write, as well as your lack of bias.

@ Rayman4Smash Rayman4Smash
You remember a little before the Rayman "leak" you asked if someone could draw Phosphora in an Origins style? I just remembered I finished it a while ago.
I remembered about this. Great job with it, it's very neat. :3 Love the colors.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I'm no longer dying!

How's it hanging everyone? :^)

Top Bottom