• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Almost to 200 pages, we're already Halfway There!

Halfway There!

Halfway There!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Almost to 200 pages, we're already Halfway There!

Halfway There!

Halfway There!
I remember when I first came here, page 38, I saw how empty the place was and I hoped more activity comes for this thread. Then a few weeks later, the leak happened, and ever since, we reached nearly 200 pages.

So with that, I wish the best for you all and hope more supporters comes your way. :)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I remember when I first came here, page 38, I saw how empty the place was and I hoped more activity comes for this thread. Then a few weeks later, the leak happened, and ever since, we reached nearly 200 pages.

So with that, I wish the best for you all and hope more supporters comes your way. :)
Oh, I saw it when it was completely abandoned, with replies from year 2012 I think...but, I'm glad this place came back to life.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hi there, Residents of the Glade! Sorry I haven't been active here, I've been caught up in the whole Ryu/Roy business and here I place the obligatory goodnewseveryone .png.
Once again, Smash has been data-mined and we seem to have hit a list with 5 Marios!

In actuality, this confirms we might see 6 Pre-Ballot fighters, so it will be Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf, and some other guy. I have a feeling that we might get 4 Ballot fighters at most. If you want Rayman, remember this:
Now onto watching some Steven Universe.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hi there, Residents of the Glade! Sorry I haven't been active here, I've been caught up in the whole Ryu/Roy business and here I place the obligatory goodnewseveryone .png.
Once again, Smash has been data-mined and we seem to have hit a list with 5 Marios!

In actuality, this confirms we might see 6 Pre-Ballot fighters, so it will be Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf, and some other guy. I have a feeling that we might get 4 Ballot fighters at most. If you want Rayman, remember this:
Now onto watching some Steven Universe.
Nice to know that, but how do you know that? That "aMario_0" means that in that place will be a new character?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Nice to know that, but how do you know that? That "aMario_0" means that in that place will be a new character?
This all came from shinyquagsire23, the guy who data-mined Smash 4 when Mewtwo was patched. He posted his observations over in the Leaks thread, and looking at this list so far, it's easy to assume that aMario_0 could be a placeholder. Given that the current order seems to be Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf and the 6th character, it seems as if these characters were chosen independently from the Ballot, be it for time constraints or for perhaps trying to make Smash have a longer commercial life for them in the long run.

[That bit was edited in since I saw the comma so I just decided to finish the sentence before I went to bed.]

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Let's hope that Rayman is said 6th character, unless if it's another veteran/clone character.

How many vets do we have left, anyway?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Let's hope that Rayman is said 6th character, unless if it's another veteran/clone character.

How many vets do we have left, anyway?
Not counting the officially announced DLC characters, there's Roy, Young Link, Pichu, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So I say that Roy and Wolf are fair game at this point, not too sure about Snake, though. We already have Young Link in this aka Toon Link, so he's off the list, same goes for Pichu. I'm fine with Charizard going solo, so hopefully we can say goodbye to Squirtle and Ivysaur. Ice Climbers, do we need to talk about them? So I guess if things goes right, we should at least have a few more newcomers after the poll.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Guys, can you give me two reasons why Rayman should be DLC?
I'm starting to run out of reasons for my vote forms. Each reason should be in quotes and since they're entering it in the Ballot, keep it lower than 500 characters.
Please respond as soon as you can. Thanks.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to run out of reasons for my vote forms. Each reason should be in quotes and since they're entering it in the Ballot, keep it lower than 500 characters.
Here's the reasons that pop into my head

1. Comical Relief

Smash Bros. has always been sort of a serious fighting game, despite having characters like Mario, and Luigi, everyone seems to have a very try hard, no nonsense persona to them, this even includes Mario. With Smash 4 taking a lighter tone, there is still many characters with sticks up there butts, many matches feel super personal.

What we need is good ol' ray to come in, and cure the tensity of matches, bringing in a more fun, hysterical feel to a fight! With his expressions, and his lack of limbs, he'll be flingin' everywhere smackin' people around like something out of a cartoon!

2. Potential Long Range Combatant

This right here should be a no brainer, in my eyes, he could definitely be a character that can lock people down from a distance with his fists. His signature boomerang-esque punch, will be sweeping back and forth, catching people off guard, only for him to come in close and do some real damage, combining long range, and short range, for combos!

He'd be a very creative fighter to work with.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I hope we'll get a few newcomers as DLC. The only ones so far that seems to be plausible for vets are Mewtwo and Lucas, of course. Wolf is more than likely going to be the next one and is to likely get revealed at E3 especially because of Star Fox U. I'm sure Wolf will end up being an August or September release. It's also possible that Roy and Ryu will get announced during this timeframe, nothing about these guys have been de-confirmed yet, though when will they get released? Not sure, maybe they'll be October or Novmeber releases. One more plausible veteran and it could end up being Snake, because he's one of the more other popular vets people want to come back. I hope that the DLC thing isn't just for vets. If that's the case then what's the point?

Now for the possible newcomers I hope a Zelda newcomer makes it in. Zelda is the only franchise to not have a real newcomer since Melee. (I'm not counting Toon Link in Brawl) Impa is the only other most important character from that series, I can see make it in. Zelda is a big enough franchise to have at least one more newcomer. She's the only recurring character from Zelda that's just as important as Link and Zelda are. Beside we need more female representation in the roster. Krystal from Star Fox can also get revealed at E3 to conencide for Star Fox U as a Star Fox DLC newcomer. The Inkling has good chances of making it in, especially since they're going to be Amibos for them are going to be made as well. It'd be good for promoting Splatoon to represent for a new franchise. Bandana Dee, somewhat suprised that we didn't get a newcomer for Kirby, but then I'm also not suprised Kirby didn't get a newcomer. Only because we have the three major characters from Kirby, if a another Kirby character gets in its Banadan Dee not to mention Bandana Dee is playable in the newest Kirby game Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for co-op.

Another third party newcomer since Ryu (I'm not even going to talk about him again), I can at least one third party newcomer we'd be lucky if we even get two. Another third party is possible since it looks like they are going to be considered. One of them is of course Rayman, since the leak people have warmed up to the idea of him and of course he's the only other mascot from a big gaming company. It'd be a good way of Nintendo saying "Hey we've burried the hatchet lets have Rayman playable" I don't like how company drama seems to be the main reason why people don't want Rayman in. That shouldn't matter when it comes to third parties it's all about profit at the end (they don't care if they like each other). Also of course he'll have an interesting, unique, and quirky moveset. Another third party newcomer I'd like to see is Bomberman he has a long history with Nintnedo and is the only other third party that also seems to be left from that time period between Megaman through Sonic time and was popular during those times. He to will have a great and fun moveset he'll have bombs which would definitely make him unique I don't think we ever had anyone in Smash to use bombs as a part of their moveset.

Really this is what I want to come out of the ballot and hope that some of these will end up coming true.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Here's the reasons that pop into my head

1. Comical Relief

Smash Bros. has always been sort of a serious fighting game, despite having characters like Mario, and Luigi, everyone seems to have a very try hard, no nonsense persona to them, this even includes Mario. With Smash 4 taking a lighter tone, there is still many characters with sticks up there butts, many matches feel super personal.

What we need is good ol' ray to come in, and cure the tensity of matches, bringing in a more fun, hysterical feel to a fight! With his expressions, and his lack of limbs, he'll be flingin' everywhere smackin' people around like something out of a cartoon!

2. Potential Long Range Combatant

This right here should be a no brainer, in my eyes, he could definitely be a character that can lock people down from a distance with his fists. His signature boomerang-esque punch, will be sweeping back and forth, catching people off guard, only for him to come in close and do some real damage, combining long range, and short range, for combos!

He'd be a very creative fighter to work with.
Thank you so much.
By the way, can you guys give me two reasons why Rayman should be DLC?
Since they're entering it in the Ballot, keep it at less than 500 characters.
Please help me. Thanks.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Assuming you don't have this already, you should include how he could be unique and his relevance to Nintendo. You could also mention how he has three trophies so getting the rights to a playable character would be easy.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
This all came from shinyquagsire23, the guy who data-mined Smash 4 when Mewtwo was patched. He posted his observations over in the Leaks thread, and looking at this list so far, it's easy to assume that aMario_0 could be a placeholder. Given that the current order seems to be Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf and the 6th character, it seems as if these characters were chosen independently from the Ballot, be it for time constraints or for perhaps trying to make Smash have a longer commercial life for them in the long run.

[That bit was edited in since I saw the comma so I just decided to finish the sentence before I went to bed.]
What if that's Paper Mario?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
One I could think of is that he would be the first playable non-Japanese third party newcomer if was included, besides being the first non-Japanese third party trophy to be included.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Here's a holdover for my upcoming Art Academy piece.

Life will be busy for the next 2 weeks, so I won't be able to do it for a while.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Here's a holdover for my upcoming Art Academy piece.

Life will be busy for the next 2 weeks, so I won't be able to do it for a while.
Damn dude, I actually saw this over on miiverse the other day as I was about to play Smash for a bit, it was great.

Graizen

Smash Champion
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/
All I wish to see is a legitimate data leak involving Rayman. At least that would put my mind to rest.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
There's always the possibility that the next major update could make the same mistake this one did. Just keep an eye out.
Well, said update won't happen until this June, that's when we find if Rayman will be included or not, which I now have certain doubts.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Prai Mai wasn't Plusle or Minun, it was most likely some sort of random space.

That's one rumor that unfortunately won't rest.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm finally done with my vote forms. I have 30 vote forms in my arsenal. If I pass them all out, Rayman could have 69 potential votes.
See you guys tomorrow. I can't wait to campaign again!
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman4Smash

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm finally done with my vote forms. I have 30 vote forms in my arsenal. If I pass them all out, Rayman could have 69 potential votes.
See you guys tomorrow. I can't wait to campaign again!
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman4Smash
Good job, and good night to you. Sleep well.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So....I was looking for a "How to draw Rayman" tutorial because I need it for a magazine I'm making...and I found this:
how-to-draw-rayman-step-3_1_000000006321_5.jpg

This one specifically states that this thing ^ is Rayman's design from the third game...
tumblr_nn1behUMe61tippkso1_1280.jpg

I was like, screw it, I better do it myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom