• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Is reddit really that creditable? When it comes to this ballot? If not where can we get some plausible results so that we can who's somewhat in the lead? Characters like Llyod Irving and Bayonetta deserve to be at the bottom, like they even had chances to begin with.

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
At least Rayman is catching up, right?
I'd say he is, definitely.

I think that reddit poll was made like, waaaay before the leak, maybe before smash 4 was even released, so a lot of the votes had less momentum, and were a little outdated. Could be wrong though. Heck, I didn't even know of it's existence until a few days ago.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I seriously hope Rayman wins this ballot...;~;
With the way the ballot's going, I'm predicting we're going to be getting K.Rool as DLC, since from all the sources I've seen, he's been dominating the votes. And Rayman, to my recollection, isn't even in the top 10. We'll probably need a campaign like how K.Rool has the Kremling Kampaign or how Ridley has the Ridley Revolution if we're going to get Rayman in Smash.

It'd need a good name, though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
With the way the ballot's going, I'm predicting we're going to be getting K.Rool as DLC, since from all the sources I've seen, he's been dominating the votes. And Rayman, to my recollection, isn't even in the top 10. We'll probably need a campaign like how K.Rool has the Kremling Kampaign or how Ridley has the Ridley Revolution if we're going to get Rayman in Smash.

I was honestly thinking the same thing. We do need to make ourselves look a bit bigger.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Today wasn't exactly the best for Operation Rayfall, but it was not the worst either. I managed to pass out 8 vote forms today, which brings the total up to 66 potential votes.

You guys can make a page on Facebook and Twitter that focuses on getting Rayman in Smash.
And you know what? Call it Operation Rayfall. I'm only doing it on the homefront.
Now it's time to take our campaign to the mean streets of the Internet.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Ok. I need some opinions. I have been spending the past couple of days cooking up a new campaign card format..

I used Midna up there as a placeholder. I wanted to know if anyone thinks the format is good? This of course, is only a prototype. I need suggestions. As some examples..

Simple head icons, like the one up there, or should I use full body renders?

Any other ideas for what I could add to the mix?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Ok. I need some opinions. I have been spending the past couple of days cooking up a new campaign card format..

I used Midna up there as a placeholder. I wanted to know if anyone thinks the format is good? This of course, is only a prototype. I need suggestions. As some examples..

Looks great, I approve.
You guys can make a page on Facebook and Twitter that focuses on getting Rayman in Smash.
And you know what? Call it Operation Rayfall. I'm only doing it on the homefront.
Now it's time to take our campaign to the mean streets of the Internet.
We do have a Twitter account, and I was interested in making a Facebook group, but there wasn't that much of an interest.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Look, guys. I've been campaigning like hell for Rayman. I am not stopping anytime soon.
However, somebody REALLY needs to make Operation Rayfall an actual campaign. Sure, I'm doing it at school, but we need to broaden our horizons, and I think one of you guys should make it happen. If we don't do it, we might never know what would've happened if we did choose to do so.
Things such as the Smash Ballot don't happen every day. This is our chance to make Nintendo know that we WANT RAYMAN.
And all we have to do is to start a Facebook group and share it on Nintendo's and Ubisoft's Facebook accounts for it to get attention for Rayman.
Who's up for it? Anyone willing to undergo the massive task of making Operation Rayfall a thing?

Last edited:

hmm. the top-left and top center seem a little empty. Maybe another full body render next to the head?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If none of you guys want to start a Facebook group for Operation Rayfall, fine. I'll do it myself.
I just don't want to divert my efforts away from my school campaign. That's all I ask from you guys. I don't want to do everything on my own.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Look, guys. I've been campaigning like hell for Rayman. I am not stopping anytime soon.
However, somebody REALLY needs to make Operation Rayfall an actual campaign. Sure, I'm doing it at school, but we need to broaden our horizons, and I think one of you guys should make it happen. If we don't do it, we might never know what would've happened if we did choose to do so.
Things such as the Smash Ballot don't happen every day. This is our chance to make Nintendo know that we WANT RAYMAN.
And all we have to do is to start a Facebook group and share it on Nintendo's and Ubisoft's Facebook accounts for it to get attention for Rayman.
Who's up for it? Anyone willing to undergo the massive task of making Operation Rayfall a thing?
I would do it, but I don't really think I can hold that responsibility. I'm not really the kind of person. I guess I'll try and make a group, and see how it goes.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I would do it, but I don't really think I can hold that responsibility. I'm not really the kind of person. I guess I'll try and make a group, and see how it goes.
Well, if we're going to start a Facebook group, we're going to need an original logo.
Anyone up for that? I mean, we could just put text beneath pictures, which is something that Operation Rainfall did.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
hmm. the top-left and top center seem a little empty. Maybe another full body render next to the head?
Yeah I was thinking about that. I was thinking the area on top of the line could possibly be used for campaign slogans, Hashtags, and what not maybe?

Anyway, got another few things for you all to look at..

Did a bit more work on it. any particular ones that catch your eye?

Yeah I was thinking about that. I was thinking the area on top of the line could possibly be used for campaign slogans, Hashtags, and what not maybe?

Anyway, got another few things for you all to look at..

Did a bit more work on it. any particular ones that catch your eye?
im liking #3. the outline helps on the black background I have Smashboards set to.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
im liking #3. the outline helps on the black background I have Smashboards set to.
Cool! ^_^

The only difference between the last two is the Triforce symbol... about that: Would the symbols look good with some lighting, or should they be kept plain?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
In regards of spreading the message about getting Rayman in Smash Bros, have anyone of you heard of Nintendo Force, the spiritual successor to Nintendo Power? I've been a subscriber to it since its debut in 2013.

The reason why I brought this up that in most issues so far they have a Community section in which they talk about the fans and their works related to Nintendo and its third parties. In one of the issues, they've talked about Operation Moonfall issues before the release of MM 3D. So if we get them to know about our Operation Rayfall, hopefully they'll post it in their Community article to let more people know and they too can join the cause. Just a thought.

You can contact them via their Twitter account, simply called Nintendo Force, and tell them about as we make more progress for this project.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In regards of spreading the message about getting Rayman in Smash Bros, have anyone of you heard of Nintendo Force, the spiritual successor to Nintendo Power? I've been a subscriber to it since its debut in 2013.

The reason why I brought this up that in most issues so far they have a Community section in which they talk about the fans and their works related to Nintendo or other franchises. In one of the issues, they've talked about Operation Moonfall years before the release of MM 3D. So if we get them to know about our Operation Rayfall, hopefully they'll post it in their Community article to let more people know and they too can join the cause. Just a thought.

You can contact them via their Twitter account, simply called Nintendo Force, and tell them about as we make more progress for this project.
That's the first I've heard of them, sounds like a good idea! Though we need to make somewhat of a name for ourselves first.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
That's the first I've heard of them, sounds like a good idea! Though we need to make somewhat of a name for ourselves first.
Also, there's a Get in Touch form at their website located on the bottom page. That's another way to get in touch with them, but I've been told that it really hasn't been working recently: http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com/

What sort of name do you have in mind?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Cool! Thanks! BTW, there's a slight problem. Since I don't have a Facebook account, I'm not able to view it since it keeps showing me the sign in page.
Really? Hm, I remember looking at Facebook pages before I signed up, not sure if they changed it.
I'm thinking about making the logo this weekend.
By the way, I can handle Operation Rayfall on Twitter. Is that fine?
In a way, we would act as partners.
We already have a Twitter account. James is in charge of it.
https://twitter.com/RaymanForSmash

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Really? Hm, I remember looking at Facebook pages before I signed up, not sure if they changed it.

We already have a Twitter account. James is in charge of it.
https://twitter.com/RaymanForSmash
Gotcha.
I'll try to make the logo. Maybe this weekend.
That, and I'll be filling out more vote forms. I'm going to keep the momentum going at my school.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
With all the Mewtwo hype, I had forgotten to check the Palutena's Guidance for him. Guess what? It was the placeholder. Looks like we won't be getting any original conversations for future DLC characters, which is disappointing, but expected. Fortunately, we still have the Boxing Ring nicknames to think about when Rayman gets in Smash.

Top Bottom