• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Mona:
Chance: 10%
want: 100%
Stage Dr. Mario
Chance: 25%
want: 0%

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Mona - 5.55%
and wario ware newcomer is unlikely as it self, but still has a chance, with Ashley gone the others still get their little noticeable chances but it isn't much when you compare it to every other newcomer out there
want - 50%
I have no care for wario ware getting another character so I am indifferent
stage: Dr. Mario - 20%
i'll say its reasonable, just not too likely, stages are hard to predict
want - 85%
yes, I would love this, a Tetris style stage but with pills and virus, sign me up:p though I would still prefer a normal Tetris stage still
Ryu - 0.01%
I do hope that people remember that they aren't picking characters that originated in fighting games, and lets not forget he's from Capcom too, both these already mark his demise
nominations:
SakiX5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
MONA

Chance: 5% - Now that Ashley is gone, it is either her or Jimmy T. for the spot. And that is if Wario decides to share a spot.

Want: 50% - Indifferent

Dr. MARIO STAGE

Chance: 30% - It could happen.

Want: 55% - It'd be ok I guess, but unless some creative incorporation of the viruses is done, I'd rather have a Tetris Stage.

Ryu Prediction: 0% - Hadou-CAN'T!!!!!!!!

Nominations:
Tetris Stage x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
I missed Ike's day, but he would've gotten 99.5% for both chance and want.

Mona: 0.22%
Do ANY of the Warioware guys do anything? I'm not quite clear.

Want: 0.1%
Jimmy T. or bust, baby.

Dr. Mario stage: 36%
It could definitely happen.

Want: 50%
I can think of better stage concepts, but this one's alright too.

Ryu prediction: 0.79%

Nominate:
Kunio-Kun/Alex x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Mona:

Chance: 4%
Warioware really doesn't feel like it needs more character reps... what it needs is a stage and ATs to suit the quick draw nature of the game... I don't see mona changing from that roll or really having enough to pull together an interesting move-set... but she is probably the most likely Warioware rep now Ashley's in the graveyard.

Want: 10%
If we get a girl with a camera I'd want it to be from Fatal Frame...

Dr Mario Stage:

Chance: 12%
Well within the realm of possibility... but competing with Panel de Pon, and Tetris on the 3DS (it'd be odd to have more than 1 I think). Ultimately I see both as slightly more likely options... but only slightly.

Want: 22%
It'd be okay, but a Tetris stage (or Puyo Puyo, but that's Sega) stage is the only one I'd be really excited for, and it's confirmation would make it less likely.

Ryu Hayabusa:
Ryu of the Dragon Clan:
Ryu from Street Fighter: 0.04%
Ineligable

Pokémon AT*5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Mona:

(From Ashley's day)
honestly would rather have(and is expecting) Mona.
Expecting Mona in the game or expecting Mona to be considered before Ashley?

Inquiring minds would like to know!

Shot for referencing Pokemon channel.

BOTH

(I have always wanted to do something like that)
so, like a 45% or something in chance,
75% in want

uhh, doctor mario stage,
30% it's a lot harder to guess stages because they can be so random sometimes.
want: 60% tetris is better tho...

Ryu: 1.13%

Noms:
Stork x3
Grovyle x2

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Because I really don't care today, I'm gonna NOT do my super system.
Mona
Chances: 1.5%- Meh. She's the most likely contendor for a new slot in a series that doesn't seem like it's getting a new slot.
Want: 30%- Indifferent.

Dr. Mario Stage:
Chances: 30%- Yeah, this is actually likely. We're not likely getting Dr. Mario as the 6th Mario Character, so why not a stage?
Want: 90%- Do I need to explain?

Ryu:

Uhh... Guys....
Let me warn you when I say that Ryu actually doesn't have a realistic chance. Like any. Sakurai has already stated the new game won't have any fighting game characters playable...
http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/27/sak...clude-story-mode-or-fighting-game-characters/
Predicting .01% for the people who don't realize this.

Magnus gets my 5 Noms today.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Mona
Chances: 25%
If Wario gets another character, it will be her, especially considering that Sakurai focuses more on WarioWare and Ashley is an Assist Trophy.

Want: 65%
I would like her. She would be a unique fighter using a batton and other things.

Dr Mario Stage:
Chances 25%
I'm not sure.

Meh.

Ryu Predictions: 0.01%
We already have Megaman and Sakurai does not want fighting game characters.

Nominations
A Newcomer Who Was An Assist Trophy in Brawl x5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
MONA:

Chance: 15%
I feel that Mona is a slightly underrated character, as WarioWare is a pretty big series (bigger than Mother and Kid Icarus, about F-Zero sized). The problem with Mona is that Wario represents WarioWare perfectly fine. Mona is one of my dark horse candidates though, as she is the second most important member of WW imo. She usually has the first round of minigames, and Wario has even taken her on some of his adventures (according to Mona herself). So I feel like if Wario gets another character, it will be Mona, with Ashley out of the picture.

Want: 100%
Mona would be a lot of fun, with her pizza, gelato, baton twirling, and scooter. She'd be another character with a fun and zany moveset, and I am always drawn towards those types of characters.

DR. MARIO STAGE:

Chance: 10%
Eh, I wouldn't count on it, unless Tetris is out of the question.

I'm indifferent, but I don't really want it unless Tetris is out of the question.

Ryu Prediction: 0.45%

Noms: Palutena x5
Let's do it.

Groose

Smash Champion
x5 "I am the great LEON!!!"
Leon should have 15 nominations and 20 after today. He isn't on there at all.
Ah. OK I thought that he would be put down as Leon Powalski.
In most cases, I just have a character's full name out there. However, if they're heavily memetic, I usually add something else. Hence, "The Great Leon," "Slippy HELP ME Toad," "Adam Authorized Malkovitch," and "Anthony Higgs: Remember Him?"
(From Ashley's day)
As the page loaded, and I saw a picture of Pokemon Channel. I was about to break into a huge round of applause for whoever posted it... but then I realized that it was something I posted way back. Ooops.

Noms: Palutena x5 Let's do it.

Mona: 5%
There are perhaps four characters who stand a shot at getting in from WarioWare (not including the now-deconfirmed Ashley). Mona could be added to bring her innate strangeness; Jimmy could be added to dance down to victory; 9-Volt could bring a retro-style Nintendo moveset to the table; Kat and Ana could use their dual fighting strategy. I actually can't decide which of the four would be more likely; I'd say they all have around a 5% shot, or a 20% shot of one appearing. A second WarioWare character is possible, but not something I personally expect... there are too many decent options and no one truly stand out.

Mona Want: 75%
Personally, my favorite potential WarioWare character is 9-Volt. I feel they could do so much with him that it isn't even funny. I also like Jimmy because he's Jimmy FRIGGIN T. Mona is my third choice, though, and I would definitely be pleased by her; she's very... unique... and could definitely bring something... strange... to the table.

Dr. Mario Stage: 35%
Rating stages is hard. I'm going to assume something like this has a shot. Sakurai has shown a liking for Dr. Mario and Dr. Mario music before; it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went and made a stage for it. Something like this may be a bit difficult to program, but it is a rather novel idea.

Dr. Mario Stage Want: 100%

Not every stage has to be competitive friendly. Although I spend most of my time on stages like Battlefield, Final Destination, and Smashville, I still enjoy kicking it in a more casual, hazardous stage. I've spent hours on Pokefloats, Norfair, and Port Town. I feel like a Dr. Mario stage would be a fun way to mess around. Oh, and the music. That's all.

Jimmy x7
Shulk x3

I want to rate Shulk tomorrow. Also, I can get back to nom-ing Jimmy now that we've had a stage. Woot!

Ryu Prediction: .04%
I really should have just barred him from nominations... Sakurai's quote about fighting game characters will lead to zero after zero. Still, I want to see his want... should be interesting to see if we agree with Sakurai there! I say he'll edge out Scrooge.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
As the page loaded, and I saw a picture of Pokemon Channel. I was about to break into a huge round of applause for whoever posted it... but then I realized that it was something I posted way back. Ooops.
I didn't realize it would be so disappointing lol

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Mona

Chance: 30%- I think she's a bit underrated, but if we have a new Wario character, it'll be her.

Want: 55%- Never played the Warioware games, but she seems like she has a lot of potential for a cool moveset.

Dr. Mario Stage

Chance: 10%- It could maybe happen, but it's unlikely unless Dr. Mario returns.

Want: 40%- Not really a Dr. Mario fan, but having the viruses as stage hazards in glorious HD would be nice.

Ryu Prediction

0.53%

Nominations

Plasm Wraith x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Mona (WarioWare)
8.50% chance
46.86% want

When the girl living next door in the haunted mansion falls, it is only natural that the strange cheerleader and pizza delivery girl steals her thunder.

...Oh, WarioWare, how I love you so. Anyway, Mona did much better than Ashley ever did in both chance and want.

Dr. Mario Stage
19.73% chance
57.13% want

Well, that was a rather mundane way to have our first stage rating. A Dr. Mario stage was deemed rather unlikely and elicited mostly indifference. Well, we'll see if our next stage can fare any better!

Sakurai may have told us not to expect characters from fighting games, but that hasn't stopped Ryu from soldiering his way to the top of the nominations list. Do you think he can stand against the word of God? And do you want him to? Please rate Ryu in chance and want today. In addition to Ryu, we are going to rate our fouth character out of the top ten newcomers in the last two weeks. This time Shulk is coming back for a rerate. Will Shulk drop out of the top ten, as Chrom, Bowser Jr., and Isaac have? Or will we know his name? Please rate Shulk in chance and want.

Tomorrow... oh boy. A Kid Icarus character. Pheeew. Please predict how Magnus will do in tomorrow's competition. The extra noms today go to Louie G. Actually, he is one of the few people ever to hit it right on the dot. Enjoy TEN extra nominations!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Ryu (chance and want) - 0%
ineligible, get over it
shulk - 69.85%
I actually find shulk to have a strong chance in my opinion, he is from xenoblade, which literally had million (correct me if wrong) people pledging and wanting this game to come over seas, that's a huge amount of fan support, and lets not forget that he is one of Nintendo's more newer IPs, and I think I heard somewhere that he is suppose to appear in X (again, correct me if wrong) which means he is still with the franchise, along with some interesting possible poetential, the only thing I see getting in his way is competition
want - 100%
believe it or not, this is actually my second most wanted newcomer, so yes I'll be happy to see him in
Magnus - 1.77%
I remember the time where everyone said that he was a shoe in, oh how speculation grows, now everyone see's him as assist trophy material
Nominations:
SakiX5

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Ryu

Chance: 0.1%- I just can't see it happening.
Want-0%- Never played the games and don't like his design.

Shulk

Chance: 50%- He could go either way.
Want: 60%- While not my favorite character ever, he's still pretty darn cool

Magnus Prediction

2.3%

Nominations

Plasm Wraith x5

D

Deleted member

Ryu and Shulk have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Shulk before, check what you said about him on his original day!

The priority, Shulk, goes first. I said a few minutes ago that this rating from me will be a bit controversial, probably as controversial as my Bandana Dee rating. I don't want to prove anyone of anything, but this is how I feel.

Oh, and Shulk's and Ryu's ratings, Magnus's prediction, and my nominations will have Xenoblade quotes! (though some are slightly altered)

Heir to the Monado, Shulk
Chance: I CAN FEEL THE CHANCES!
(75%)

Yes. I am this confident in Shulk. Something tells me that he is one of the most likely candidates to appear in SSB4 and there are a few reasons why. Though, let's start with the negatives. First off, Shulk only appeared in one game, so that might not warrant an inclusion in SSB4, though it looks like X will be a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. Second, his game didn't sell very well, but I find this argument to be a bit unfair. Xenoblade Chronicles was a game with a limited release and was released as a GameStop exclusive in the US; I believe that Xenoblade would have gotten more sales if it was a full retail release. However, it did sell rather well in other areas, especially Japan. Even with the limited release, the game left an impact with amazing critical praise. (EDIT: I've also heard arguments saying he's too new, which is stupid)
While these negatives hold against him, there are a lot of redeeming qualities to Shulk.
1. With Monolith Soft actively helping out with a ton of Nintendo projects, wouldn't they have a say in this one as well? They have been involved in other Nintendo projects like A Link Between Worlds, Skyward Sword, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and even Super Smash Bros. Brawl. For all we know, they could be secretly involved with this game as well and might want representation. Legal issues aren't Shulk's enemy as he is a first party character. And with Sakurai working with Monolith before, he can easily go to them again.
2. Uniqueness. While Shulk is a sword user, he still has a lot going for him. He can easily be converted as a fighter thanks to his sword, the Monado, with various Arts from his game. He could create a shield, make a giant slash with the Monado with Buster, and use Cyclone as his Final Smash. Outside of Monado Arts, he has his own Arts such as Back Slash, Stream Edge, Slit Edge, and Air Slash. However, Sakurai isn't completely faithful to a character's representation, so he could borrow Arts from other characters. He could use Dunban's Gale Slash or Reyn's Aura Burst for example. Shulk can also see visions, though I can't imagine how that can work into his gameplay.
3. He barely has competition. His biggest competition comes from Isaac, but both can easily be added to the game. However, Shulk edges him out with his worldwide popularity, something that Isaac didn't have I believe. Starfy was also competition to Shulk, but Shulk's distant rival was shot down after he became an Assist Trophy again.
4. Sakurai acknowledges Xenoblade Chronicles. In fact, he posted this pic on his Twitter:

While this doesn't prove that Shulk is in SSB4, it does show that Sakurai acknowledges Xenoblade Chronicles and he could be a fan of the game. So, it kinda tells me that Shulk was definitely considered to be in SSB4.
5. This is the most important one: He has worldwide fan demand. OK, maybe it might not be as strong as it is in the US or in other areas, but it's still rather large. However, you have to keep in mind of how big Operation Rainfall was; this was a movement where people have fought for to bring this game, as well as The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, to come to the US. For all we know, those same people would support Shulk.
While US popularity isn't everything, Japanese popularity plays a major role… and he is one of the most requested characters according to Chrono. In fact, he is up there with a highly likely King K. Rool and an already confirmed Mega Man. With Sakurai taking into consideration as to what the fans want, I think that it's rather impossible for Sakurai to ignore Shulk or overlook him.
I know that people will DEFINITELY disagree with me here and I know that I will get some criticisms, but this is how I generally feel. I am NOT trying to convince you that he is a shoo-in; I feel as though he will have a 100% chance of making some form of appearance in the game, but he is more likely to be playable in my opinion. Heck, I argue that he is slightly underrated. He is like the modern day Isaac, but there is just so much more to him.

Want: BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO! (100%)
Before, I would have given him a 65%. He looks cool and I primarily wanted him as he was my best bet to have a character from a recent series get added into Smash Bros. I mean, the first Pikmin was released in 2001 while Brawl was released in 2008; that's a pretty big gap. But I digress.
To quote BluePikmin, the true way to support Shulk is by playing Xenoblade. After when I found a copy of this game at my GameStop for $70, I played this game for hours and I still do. I am not even done with this game yet! (I think I'm close though) I love the battles as they don't feel overwhelming, I love this game's sense of exploration as you can explore the giant worlds of Xenoblade Chronicles and discover secret areas, I love the characters, the story, the writing, the graphics, THE MUSIC! IT'S SO GOOD! I feel bad for everyone who hasn't played this game! This game skyrocketed Shulk within my top 5 most wanted newcomers (excluding Bomberman, who I consider to be "god tier" in want).
While Shulk isn't my favorite character in Xenoblade, that honor goes to Reyn, I prefer it if he got in Smash. Yes, he appeared in one game, but I think that he deserves it. I wouldn't just be disappointed if he didn't make it in, but I would be disappointed if Xenoblade didn't get any content at all. With how beautiful the areas look on the Wii, I would love to see an area get an HD remake on the Wii U via a stage.
If Shulk gets confirmed, then this better play in his trailer or I will get upset…
I'm actually extremely hyped for him! Hell, I reacted like a little giddy kid when I saw the Monado pic!
BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO, SMASHERS!

Ryu
Chance: He never stood a chance…
(0%)

Didn't Sakurai say that characters that originated from fighting games won't be playable? I sympathize with Sakurai on his decision as characters like Ryu wouldn't be so exciting to include in my opinion. Also, we have Mega Man, so why bother?
Want: Sonic, Mega Man, and Bomberman are working as one! And as one, they are unbeatable. (0%)
The quote above explains everything. Let Mega Man have his time to shine.
Mega Man beat Ryu enemy good.

Magnus Prediction: His chances are weak, but don't drop your guards! (5.75%)
I can't see him get added over Palutena, Hades, or Medusa, especially when he was in three chapters total. But still, his popularity will give him some good scores.

Hey Shulk! You better not hog all the glory! Why? Because…
Nominations: NOW IT'S REYN TIME! 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Ryu
Chance: 0%
His chances were DOOMED! Even before Megaman was revealed and DESTROYED him! If you think he has a chance, YOU LIEEE!

Want: 0%
Nope. I repeat he was DOOMED!

Shulk
Chances: 77.5%
New IP, Operation Rainfall and popularity

Want: 100%
Unique character and has a cool design. Anybody who says he'll just be another sword user LIEEEES!

Magnus Predictions: 1.1%
The FILTHY HUMAN isn't going to be in! Palutena, Hades, Medusa, Dark Pit and even Virdi are more likely than that DISGUSTING EARTH MONKEY!

Nominations
X5 Promoted Assist Trophy

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Ryu
The Facts + Issues
-Sakurai has stated that Fighting Game characters will not appear at ALL in Smash 4.
http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/27/sak...clude-story-mode-or-fighting-game-characters/
Overall Chances are 0%.
Want is 0%- Would rather have Cammy.

Now...

Shulk-
BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING!

LOGIC BULLET! (COPYRIGHT LOLOLOL)

Shulk is the star of a newish Nintendo IP called Xenoblade. This franchise was brought to America after "Operation Rainfall", a large effort that eventually convinced Nintendo doing this would bring in profit (And whoo boy, it did!) and satisfy the fans. As a result, Shulk became a fan favorite icon of the series. It's had a strong following as well in it's recent times. And what have we been graced with, if you remember E3 2013?
That's right, X. X appears to be a spiritual sequel to Xenoblade, borrowing a variety of system advancements and it's combat system. It's safe to assume that Nintendo has acknowledged the series warrants a sequel of sorts and that it is a usable IP. By this mark, is it really surprising that we'd get some sort of representation of a popular series that retains acknowledgement by Nintendo in Smash Bros, a game mostly about Nintendo and the characters that have appeared on their consoles?

Competition:
There's two standpoints on this view.
Operation Rainfall: This is no contest. The other two Rainfall games did nowhere near as well, weren't well recieved by many people as much as Xenoblade, and didn't really have as memorable characters. By that standpoint, who else to include but Xenoblade's own protagonist?
Blonde Trio (Saki, Issac, Shulk)
There's a variety of reasons why this arguement is a tad questionable.
Saki is from a series that isn't exactly well known by many. It's more of a cult classic (something Xenoblade WAS) that got an okay sequel on the Wii. Saki was nowhere to be seen, however. I expect the protagonist of Star Successor to appear in the game in some form. Without contest, Saki is at the bottom.
Issac VS Shulk is one of the biggest (and stupidest) battles that's had on Smashboards? Are they really competition from each other? Issac is one of the protagonists in the series of Golden Sun. While it was better recieved than S+P, it hasn't ever gotten as much steam as Xenoblade did. Yes, it had Dark Dawn, but dawn was recieved at a generally okay status. Not really great as a successor to Golden Sun, and nowhere near the following of Xenoblade. Sales figures are important, BUT. The bigger issue is that Xenoblade and Golden Sun are two heavily different RPGs. We can't compare them in that sense like we can Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros. So with this thrown out, Issac isn't really at a good point here.
Xenoblade, not only is a world-known IP, a well recieved game, a fantastic RPG, but a strong contender for getting some appreciation from Sakurai. With the only character fitting being Shulk, it's time to head onto...

What makes Shulk different?
Most people assume he'd be like Ike. Slow, because the Monado is big, and the like. Honestly, Shulk can be one of the most unique newcomers this side of Rosalina.
And to support me? Gonna take a note from @Hotfeet444 who manages to sum up my thoughts on moves.

What exactly is standing in his way?
Well, I just shot that stuff down. So not really much. He easily stands out from the cast. He can have a great moveset.

The Facts and Issues have been stated. Overall Rating?
75%.
(And not one utter of the word, Recency.)
AMMO DEPLETED
SEEK COVER AND RELOAD FOR ANOTHER DAY
Want: 100%- Shulk is my next most wanted Newcomer behind BWD. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME IN FULL, BABY!

Magnus- 2.4%- Hello? Did today's leak provide you with a hint of warning? Everyone cares about Palutena! Viridi! Hades!

Nominating Jimmy, the Master of Funk, X5.
You are Welcome, @ Groose Groose .

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Ryu - 0%
Normally a zero in chance from me means I think that character/concept is virtually guaranteed to not happen, but technically I can't know for sure. This case is different because Sakurai has specifically disconfirmed characters from fighting games. If that's not worthy of a zero in chance, I don't know what is.
Want - 0% - Smash already has a Ryu. His name is Mario!

Shulk - 20%
In my mind Shulk is in direct competition with Isaac as both represent Nintendo JRPGs, and between the two, Isaac has a longer history and more successful games to work with. If it comes down to choosing between the two, Isaac should win the majority of the time. Shulk could prevail if Nintendo really viewed the Project Rainfall games as a success and/or if Nintendo really wants to push X, but I don't know that either of those factors is really strong enough to help him unless Sakurai already wants to include him. Should have a solid shot, but a small enough one that I'll be quite surprised if he makes it in, and even more so if he's playable and Isaac is not. Ought to be an assist trophy if not playable like Isaac was in Brawl.
Want - 25% - He'd probably make for a cool character, one I would really enjoy. It's just that Isaac's been my Smash dream character for over a decade now, and I'm pretty sure only one of the two can make it. Isaac missing the mark again while newbie Shulk gets in...suffice to say that would be a difficult pill to swallow.

Magnus Prediction - 1.5%
Another character where I have no idea what to expect.

Nominations
Sheik x5 (back on the Zelda with Phantom panic train!)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ryu

Chance - 0% - Not only a character from the same third party, but a fighting game character. Sakurai has already said that such charaters are illegible, so that's two strikes against him.

Want - 0% - Not just the third party thing, but Ryu's the most famous shotoclone in existence. While that may be a positive thing, we already have two in Mario and Luigi, arguably 3 if you count the Doc. We really don't need another.

Shulk

Chance - 57% - Due to Starfy's disconfirmation, I actually consider him to be a bit more likely. However, I think I may have overrated him to being naïve back then. Still quite decent.

Want - 50% - Eh. Don't care much about him. Never cared much about RPGs in the first place, and I'm not interested in what the Moundo has to offer.

Magnus
Chance - 0.09% - Palutena leak + Decreased interest = Low chances.

Nominations
Yarn Stage X5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ryu
0.01 all around
I never did like Street Fighter, found it boring. Music is good though. And lol capcom 2 third parties. Besides, Sakurai does not like other figthing game characters

Shulk
75% Chance
Operation Rainfall. If this movement never happened, shulk would get half this score. However, this movement became so big, Nintendo brought over the JRPGs, and Xenoblade did by far the best. Nintendo even bought Monolift Soft. With a sequel/sucsessor on the way, Shulk is still in the gaming eye, unlike Isaac pre SSBB and now, who was more obscure. His demand, especially in Japan, is high, and popularity, while not everything, helps. Xenoblade also can be seen as the Pikmin of the Wii; this big new Nintendo Game that has gained a ton of notice as a misc character starting on the previous home system.
100%Want
Oh yes. I loved Xenoblade, play it or suffer being an uneducated plebeian.

Magnus prediction 2.3%
Appears in less than 1/8th of the game, has to compete with Palutena, Dark Pit, Medusa, and Hades, yeah, good luck buddy...

Nominatinc Palutena x5
Anyone wanna help on this?

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Ryu
chance .5% I had no idea he said no characters from fighting games there his 5% I was going to give him lol.
want 0% Nah Mega Man is a much better surprise for a capcom character.

Shulk
50% chance New series potentially lucky enough to be featured in smash bros but equally potential to be a victim of AT status.
50% want

x5 Isa Jo

predict .5%

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Ryu - 0.2% chance - It would definitely be marketable and Capcom would probably sell their firstborn for publicity at this time. Still not going to happen.

Want: 0% - I like Street Fighter, but you'll never see me pick Ryu. Ever.

Shulk

Chance: 82.5% - The highest score I'll ever give to a non-Mewtwo newcomer (well except Palutena after today but that's hardly on the same level). I just see no reason why Shulk wouldn't receive his Smash letter. He represents a successful franchise that was recently acquired by Nintendo. They make their first Nintendo exclusive installment, he's the protagonist and the game is a success. The sequel, although it won't necessarily have him in it, is one of the big upcoming Wii U titles. Shulk has everything he needs to sit at the cool kids table.

Want: 90% - I mostly just want Smash to expend outside of the franchise boundaries we've seen in the past 3 games and Xeno would be a great and logical addition.

Magnus - 0.9%

Panther x 5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Can I request that if we are rerating Palutena due to the leaked images, can we wait like a week before doing so? The hype is still strong, and I don't expect a lot of rationality.

Ryu: 0% Chance / 0% Want

Shulk: 40% Chance / 75% Want

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Ryu - 3.2% Chance, 0% Want, like another user said, very marketable. Also, very iconic and the only fighting character who really could stand a chance of breaking Sakurai's rule. and a better chance than a freaking Owain and Yarne tag team. I thought we were past joke nominations?
Shulk - 80% Chance, 100% Want/ Either Shulk or the protagonist of "X" is going to be in this game. The Monolith train is strong and deserving.

predict - 1.2%

Black Mage x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Ryu
Chance: 0%

What's to say? Sakurai deconfirmed all characters who originated in fighting games and 2 3rd parties from the same company turns his chances into a big, fat goose egg.

Shulk
Chance: 45%
Want: 85%

Shulk comes from a new series of games, at least for the Nintendo. Xenoblade is a cult-classic and was actually petitioned to be brought to other regions through a little project called Operation Rainfall, which included this and 2 other RPG's (Last Story and Pandora's Tower) So Shulk's popularity is really something that will benefit him in the long run. This is also on top of his high number of requests and popularity in Japan.
His game has also been mentioned personally by Sakurai through a tweet. At the very least, Operation Rainfall caught Sakurai's attention and he may have taken him into consideration. He is a logical addition as a new series character, and it shows that Nintendo is expanding its horizons.
All this said, what detracts from him is he is so new, he may be chosen as an AT before anything else. The Xeno saga isn't an established Nintendo franchise quite yet, but that may all change if "X" is indeed a spiritual successor to Xenoblade.
I also have a feeling that him and Isaac are fighting for the same spot; your quintessential JRPG character. Its not that they can't co-exist in the same game, but I have a hunch that only one of them will be added. This hurts his chances because Isaac has been in the spotlight (as a AT, still in Brawl, no less) and may have been taken into consideration long before Shulk was even concieved.
I haven't played Xenoblade, but I do like his design and I have been trying to get my hands on a copy for the good half of last year.

Magnus: 2.3%

Nominations
Pokemon Trainer x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Ryu
Likelihood: 0.1%

Want: 5%

Shulk
Likelihood: N/A
I'm going to opt out of this one because i'm not familiar with the Xenoblade series. Shulk does have many factors that make him look like a likely choice for smash, however, I feel Smashboards tends to have a bias that favors him. Personally, I don't think he's likely since I never heard of him prior to joining Smashboards and he's a sword character, but if I were to present these arguments as to why he's unlikely then I'll appear to be narrow minded on this thread.

Want if Ike returns: 0%
I have to break my want score into two different scores because I think Shulk will resemble Ike in a way as "the heavy hitting swordsman" since Shulk carries a big blade as well.

Want if Ike does not return: 60%
Sure, I can see him take on Ike's legacy as the "heavy hitting swordsman". Plus it would be nice to have another series being represented.

Magnus
Prediction: 3.2%

Nominations:
A second F-Zero Representative x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Can I request that if we are rerating Palutena due to the leaked images, can we wait like a week before doing so? The hype is still strong, and I don't expect a lot of rationality.
I don't know, this thread seems to thrive off of irrationality and bandwagons. Just look at some of the more recent rerates that raise/lower chances by double digits despite no real reason for such changes aside from a change in mentality/userbase. Could be amusing to see Palutena rocket up to an 80-90% chance only to find later on she's an assist trophy or something similarly silly.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Agreed. I can't make good predictions when leaks are afoot.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ryu's chances: 0% - No explanation necessary.

Shulk's chances: 70% - Pretty popular, Operation Rainfall, possible successor, acknowledged by Sakurai. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Want: 30% - I don't hate him or anything, but I'd rather have other characters. Perhaps if I ever got my hands on a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles I might be more supportive of him but for now...eh.

Magnus prediction: 1.96%

Mewtwo x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom