• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
He's going to scream REEAAAL good before he DIES.

I'm sorry, but the Pigma quote I just based that on is the most frightening thing I have ever heard. And that game was rated E or something right?
its actually "daddy screamed REEEAL good before he DIED!!!!!" ya just confused dies with died,
it is one very disturbing thing to hear in a E rated game, but you can only hear the died part if Andrew isn't there at bolse (you kill him at fortuana) and many disturbing parts of games get pass the rating system, anybody remember death hand from the below the well mini dungeon in ocarina of time? along with ruto as an adult?

Groose

Smash Champion
Ryu (Street Fighter)
.29% chance
10.00% want

Well, he did beat the likes of Count Bleck! His want score was low, but certainly... interesting.

Shulk (Xenoblade)
55.76% chance (previosuly 49.58%)
67.20% want (previously 61.12%)

Shulk broke the trend! Instead of being the fourth of the Top Ten to fall in the last two weeks, Shulk actually leveled up from Rank 9 to Rank 7, passing by Pac-Man and Dixie Kong in the process. His want score is also ranked seventh among all newcomers, falling only to the Elite Four (Mac, Rool, Palutena, Ridley), and Isaac and Banjo. Double sevens, eh... Could Shulk be in luck?

Today we're rating Magnus, the strong-armed swordsman who is a scene-stealer in Kid Icarus: Uprsing. Does he have a shot at Smash, as so many were claiming just a year ago? Please rate Magnus in chance and want. In addition, we're switching things up and doing a concept today. Please rate the chance and want of having six Mario series characters. Essentially, the cast as we know it and one more newcomer. If two more newcomers make it, then it does not count. Note: series like DK, Yoshi, and Wario are not included in the Mario series.

Tomorrow... we're staying in the Kid Icarus series to rate Dark Pit. Please predict how Dark Pit will fare in tomorrow's game. KnickerBocker wins the extra five noms today.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Magnus:

Likelihood and Want: 5%

Even after Palutena's reveal, there are at least three Kid Icarus characters who would get in before this guy, and even one more of them would be a stretch at this rate. I don't find Magnus to be compelling or interesting in the slightest, so I don't mind this reality.

Six Mario Characters:

Likelihood: 15%
Same likelihood I gave Bowser Jr., whose potential yet improbable last-minute inclusion would mark there being six Mario characters in the game. I don't think anyone else would get in before him, since none of them have his semi-clone potential.

Want: 25%
I don't give two hoots about there being X number of "Reps" for any given series, I care about who the characters are and what they do. I'd rate Bowser Jr. much more highly in this category, but this answer is for the idea of a generic sixth rep, not Jr. in particular.

Nominate:
The Gangplank Galleon x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Magnus:
Chances:3%
Want:2%

-Six Mario characters:
Chances:4%
Want: I would like it if the newcomer is Toad, but I know that is practically impossible so ... 0%

-Dark Pit prediction:5%

-Nomination: I like Shulk, but Dixie less likely than him? seriously?
Dixie Kong X5

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Magnus Likelihood: 0%
Want: 10%

Six Mario Characters Likelihood: 4%
Want: 40%

Dark Pit: 2.3%

Wrestler x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Magnus' chances: 0.5% - Never found him to stand much of a chance. I was still going to give him this prior to Palutena's leak (which I personally think is true) because she really is the obvious second rep for KI, and I'd still put Hades and Medusa before him. I think he has a good shot at an assist trophy, though.
Want: 30% - I liked him, but there are others that I feel should get a spot instead.

Six Mario characters: 5% - I thought a fifth was very likely. I think that's all Mario's going to be able to get this time though.
Want: 75% - The sixth would almost certainly be Bowser Jr., who I still support. Don't care much for anyone else though so that lowers the score a bit.

Dark Pit prediction: 1.66%

Mewtwo x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I've seen people on miiverse suggest that Magnus is the best choice and that he was made specifically for smash bros because of how well he fits in. I've played through the game and every single character including some generic enemies could fit in smash bros perfectly and most of these guys seem a lot more interesting to me than Magnus, not to mention more important too.

Magnus
chance 5% He is Sakurai's creation and if he were to exclude Palutena and pick somebody else that he actually created he's among those characters. However this raises the question: Why would he pick Magnus? Hades makes more sense, because at least he was actually important and above Hades is the most appropriate character Palutena. Not to mention how he pales in the uniqueness department compared to everybody else.

want: 0%
Let me put it this way they add Tutorial Pig over K. Rool or Dixie that's how inappropriate I find Magnus over the other characters.

6 Mario characters
chances: 25% I don't find that too likely but not impossible.
want: 0% if it's Waluigi but 50% if it's anyone else. Let's total that to 25%

x5 Isa Jo
Predict 10%

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Magnus

Chance: 2%- Isn't really unique or important enough compared to other KI characters.

Want: 0%- Not interested in him at all.

Six Mario Characters

Chance: 25%- Maybe, but not very likely.

Want: 60%- Wouldn't mind having Bowser Jr. or Petey Piranha.

Dark Pit Prediction

4.3%

Nominations

Plasm Wraith x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Magnus
Likelihood: 5%

Want: 5%

Six Mario Characters

I'd Rather See The Other Franchises Get More Attention

Dark Pit
Prediction: 0.001%

Nominations:
F-Zero Newcomer x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Magnus:
Likelihood: 0%
I have to be a bit harsh here. Magnus would have to be incredibly lucky to get in before Palutena, Medusa and Hades, who are more important in the game and the franchise as a whole.

Want: 0%
Not before Palutena, sorry.

Six Mario Characters:
Not really impossible. Though it might be a bit unfair to other smaller franchises, the Mario series can easily have six characters without any character seeming filler-y.

Want: 60%
I honestly wouldn't mind it. I've grown up mostly with Mario, so I kinda feel the series deserves it.

Dark Pit: 0.24%
I think he'll probably be below Chancellor Cole. We'll see.

Whom to nominate? Whom to nominate?
Promoted Assist Trophy x 5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Magnus: 0% Wayyy too much competition from his own series. He may have been playable but he was only shown to do two moves which was swing his sword 3 time and kick.
Want: 0% I have no desire to see him playable. I do however want him as an assist trophy.

6 Mario Characters: 25%
Want: 51% I'm good as long as it's Junior ;)

Dark Pit: 2%

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
i'm surprise a character that's ineludible have a higher chance then someone who was, wow
magnus - 1.05%
I can still remember the days where everyone thought he was a shoe-in, then the goddess came and ruined that, now he's assist trophy at best,
by the way, I am not taking into account the leak, while I completely believe its real, there is still a chance its fake, so as long as that chance remain you have to disclose the leak,
I would like for everyone to do this as well

want - 15%
I didn't like his character, and he is my least favorite choice for a kid Icarus newcomer
six Mario characters - 3.75%
a very unlikely thing, I think Rosalina sealed the deal here
want - 0%
I never wanted a Mario newcomer, sure as heck don't want another
Dark pit - 0.77%
he's an personal favorite of mine, its going to be sad seeing him get demolished tomorrow
nominations:
SakiX5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Magnus P.I.: 1.45%
He seemed pretty important from pre-release info concerning Uprising. I was never able to confirm this due to getting stuck on the third mission, but I've heard that Magnus only shows up a couple of times during the game.

Want: 18%
Would he play like Ike does?

6 Mario guys: 30%
Does Paper Mario count? This is important.

Want: 50%
Again, I'm not sure if Paper Mario counts as a spinoff series or not.

Dark Pit prediction: 1.98%

Nominate:
Marina x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Magnus:

Chance: 1%
No. Palutena says hi, and, after her, so do Medusa and Hades.

Palutena is the only one I actively want. And even then, I'd rather have one of the villains.

Six Mario Characters: 5%
I would still hold my position that Toad is indeed a possibility if it wasn't for Rosalina. That killed every other Mario characters chances, honestly.

On the off chance it was Toad, yes. Otherwise, I'm only slightly interested in Waluigi for the sake of some twins that I babysit.

Dark Pit Prediction: 2.46%
Random even numbers.

Noms: x5 Diskun

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Congratulations to everyone on this thread for reaching 200 pages.

Magnus
Chance: 0% - The so called Leak had no effect on this rating, I'm mostly skeptical of it being real. Magnus had only minor role in a single game.
Want: 0% - I'm not the the biggest fan of these silent, one-dimensional, rude, hulking Neanderthal type characters that seem to constantly show up in video games nowadays.

Six Mario reps
Chance: 50% - I don't think it's as out of the question as some people think, if there's one franchise that has warranted six characters (or I dare say even seven or eight) it's Mario!!!!
Want: 15% - I not a very big supporter of any of the remaining candidates, so don't really care.

Dark Pit prediction: 0.35%

Nominations: Gyromite stage x5

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Magnus
-Chances: 1% A decently popular character, but his role is rather small in his debut game and he pales in comparison to Hades, Medusa and especially Palutena.
-Want: 0% I don't like the character that much and he doesn't bring anything moveset-wise that makes me interested in him.

Six Mario Characters
-Chances: 20% Not unlikely at all as there are still choices to pick from, however I don't think it's particularly likely.
-Want: 5% There are other franchises that I feel should get a character before Mario gets its sixth.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Magnus
Chance: 2.5%
Want: 1%

He's just not as popular as the main characters in KI, nor does he stand out as much. Palutena has the greatest chance (even before the leak) to be included, then Medusa, IMO. Comparing him to Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Viridi, Pandora, etc. he just doesn't stack up to be as interesting. I would much rather have any other main character from KI in the game.

Six Mario Characters
Chance: 35%
Want: 50%

This could definitely happen, Rosalina was under our radar and we didn't think she was even likely. We still have Bowser Jr, Toad, Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, etc. as other choices. Keep in mind that in Melee we had 5 Mario characters, and 5 was intended for Brawl. I wouldn't say this is impossible at all, because if any series would break 6 character slots, it should and would be Mario.

Dark Pit: 1.4%

Awesome, I won the nominations! :awesome:

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x10

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Magnus 0.2% - Kid Icarus: Uprising has become one of my top 20 favorite games of all-time, but at least four other KI characters with a better chance battle him for a second slot. He was insignificant overall to the plot, but is a good choice for an AT, assuming Medusa and Hades are background elements or bosses and Palutena is playable. Although I'd prefer the iconic Eggplant Wizard as an AT.

Six Mario Characters - 15% (please note, I believe Paper Mario would have his own universe/icon)

predict - 3%

Black Mage x5

D

Deleted member

Whoa! Shulk got better ratings? I'm impressed! I thought that the majority would tear him to shreds! BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO!

Now I got that out of my system, let me focus my efforts.

Magnus and Six Mario Characters have been added to the Directory.

Magnus
Chance:
5%

Magnus has a decent following and people jumped on the bandwagon saying that he is definitely going to be in SSB4. Oh the times have changed. Instead of Magnus, we are now saying that Palutena is the most likely candidate. I actually dunno why Magnus got such the following in terms of Smash support. He's a popular guy, but I don't think that he screams for a Smash appearance. He looks like he should be in Smash, but I don't think that he deserves a slot. First off, while he has a design that screams Smash, I can't think of a working moveset for him. I guess he can use charge shots like in KI:U, but he can't do that in-game. Second, as a second KI character, it would be a cop-out if he got in. Palutena is an important character in the KI franchise and is seen throughout KI:U, Medusa is the first villain, Viridi plays an important role when she gets introduced, and Hades becomes the most prominent villain in KI:U when he gets introduced. Magnus only appeared in 3 chapters. First in Chapter 2… and we don't see him again until Chapter 18 and then he comes back in Chapter 24. I just feel as though that if we get another KI character, it should go to someone more deserving. He seems to be more of an Assist Trophy character where he can take over as the ruthless AT role that Little Mac had; he would be highly offensive and powerful, but has a tendency to jump of the stage.
Also, I am not taking the leak as anything and it doesn't affect my rating. While it looks real, I am leaving doubt in my mind as it could be fake.
The most I want from Magnus is his theme. Chapter 18, the Chapter where you play as Magnus, is one of my favorite Chapters in KI:U because you are playing as him. However, when I was playing as him, I didn't think of him having an appearance in Smash. He would be a disappointing pick in my opinion.

6 Mario Characters
Chance:
25%

Mario is a juggernaut, so I find it justifiable that it could get 6 reps. The problem is, would Sakurai think that this is overrepresentation? Personally, I don't think that Paper Mario would count as his own series, so he would have to fight against Bowser Jr. and other Mario characters. I think when it comes down to it, it's Bowser Jr. or bust.
Want: 75%
Mario is my favorite video game franchise, so I would love more characters to get in. 6 characters is good enough for me. However, I am very picky about which characters that I want to see get that 6th slot. 50% goes to Bowser Jr. and 25% goes to Toad. Everyone else is someone that I don't really wanna see or is a character that doesn't deserve the slot.

Dark Pit Prediction: 1.37%
The only way that he is going to get in this game is by being a palette swap for Pit. I bet that some will give him 5s and whatnot.

Nominations: The time is now. The time is Reyn. 5x

Ashamed of you, I am. Missed simple pun, you did! Fixed it for you, I have!

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Really? I'm actually pretty pleased with the characters so far. Mega Man and Villager were dreams; Rosalina wasn't someone I really wanted to see, but she fits nicely and I would embrace her completely if not for my Toad woes. If the leak is real, then Palutena will be awesome if her moveset is cool. Now just get rid of that... evil health nut... and I'd be absolutely thrilled so far.
Unfortunately Groose it's all relevant; I didn't grow up with Megaman at all. My first experience of Megaman? Captain N cartoon. After that Bob and George the webcomic. I grew up with Sonic, who is unfortunately a veteran.

Admittedly I was fibbing a bit though. I quite like Villager, but at the same time he's someone I wasn't clamouring for. It's nice to see some Animal Crossing representation though.

Wii Fit Trainer seems to get worse with each deconfirmation. Seriously; Wii Fit over Toad, Starfy, Ashley(her fan base be huge) and Skull Kid seems kind of a middle finger to the fans to me now.

Rosalina is about the only Mario character I have no emotional response to. Which wouldn't be a problem, but the Mario newcomers are the ones I look forward to most. I'd rather have my most hated in Bowser Jr than someone I couldn't care about either way.

That brings us nicely onto...

6 Mario Characters!
Chance: 10%

Alright I don't see this as likely at all. Barring DLC that is, in which case we will almost definitely get Doctor Mario as part of a Melee pack. However, seeing as Mario is Nintendo's biggest seller, and that said Mario newcomers could be vital additional sales characters to the general public, I imagine it's not out of the realm of possibility we'll see a new Mario character if DLC is released.

Want: 100%
Toad obviously would make my Smash life. That'd be my number one finally added, and as long as they do a similar thing to the Toad in Peach's B move that they did for Toon Link on Spirit Tracks, I'd be elated. Toadsworth tagging in to replace Toad would be a dream come true.

But it's not just limited to Toad fanboyism. I also quite like Waluigi and feel he'd also make for a fine character choice if they give him an entirely spinoff based moveset. The Mario spinoffs are probably Nintendo's biggest sellers when clumped together(not hard; there's Tennis, Golf, Kart(alone this is one of the top IPs), Strikers, Sports Mix, Party, Baseball, etc) and Waluigi is probably the most associated with spinoffs out of all the possible Mario characters. Well, joint with Daisy, but he seems like a more obvious choice.

Bowser Jr. I really don't like. But I could at the very least understand why he'd be picked; he's a popular and major character within the Mario platformers. I don't think he's as necessary as Toad(nor does 3D World apparently :p) but I could take enjoyment from beating him senseless at least.

Paper Mario...look, unless he's turning up with his partners in tow I'm just not interested no matter how unique he'd be with his folding abilities. The partners from the first two games were one of the best parts. I hated it when they dropped them.

Doc would also be underwhelming, but I've come to expect him at this point as an inevitable if DLC occurs.

Right, what else were we discussing?

Oh right...

Magnus
Yeah, look. Magnus is prime AT material. At least for the moment. Palutena, Hades, Medusa, Dark Pit(not just a palette swap plz)...all these characters should probably be playable before Magnus.

Want: 1%
Too soon for Magnus. We'll talk in a few Smash games time, but until at least Palutena and one of the villainous deities are included as playable, I just don't care for Magnus.

Dark Pit prediction: 5%
Palutena overshadows all. Ironic considering she's the goddess of light.

Nominations: Toad X 5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
MAGNUS

Chance: 1% - Lower on the Kid Icarus totem pole.

Want: 30% - That sword does look cool though.

SIX MARIO CHARACTERS

Chance: 20% - Hardly. And even if we do, it'll be Dr.Mario. :troll:

Want: 10% - The Mario selection is fine the way it is.

Dark Pit Prediction: 1.2% - Just shooting an arrow in the dark here.

Nominations:
Tetris Stage x5

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Magnus
Want: 70%

Six Mario Characters
Chance: 20%
Want: 60%

Dark Pit Prediction
Want: 20%

Nominations
Tetris Stage x5

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Magnus?
Likelihood: 5%
He is pretty awesome but he is not that important compared to Palutena and Medusa.

He would be pretty fun to play as since I liked playing as Magnus in Uprising... but I want Palutena and Medusa more.

6 Mario characters?

Likelihood: 50%
The fact they revealed FIVE Mario characters so early... all of them in 2013... long before SSB4 even comes out... tells me that there might be a SIXTH Mario character who is unlockable.

I want a 6th Mario character and I really hope it is Toad. He deserves it more than even Rosalina. Toad has a long history with the Mario franchise and the Toad species were playable in at least five main Mario platformer games. The Mario franchise existed long before Bowser Jr., Rosalina, Waluigi, and even Yoshi did and it would continue on existing just fine without them. Toad has been there since the beginning along with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser.

IMO, Rosalina only got in because Sakurai wasn't gonna overhaul Mario's moveset with a Galaxy-based moveset and Rosalina having that kind of moveset made sense. I don't think Sakurai is gonna overhaul Mario's moveset with something based off New Super Mario Bros. games so I think it would make sense for Toad to have that kind of moveset (Ice Flowers, Propeller Mushrooms, picking up and carrying enemies a la SMB2).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Magnus

Want - 2.5%: Truthfully, I don't have much of an opinion for him.

Chance - 2.5%: Being a one-time only character typically doesn't bode well for a playable inclusion. Maybe an Assist Trophy role?

6 Mario Reps

Want - 100%: Considering that the Pokemon franchise had as many as six playable Pokemon, I don't see why the Mario franchise can't.

Chance - 50%: It's kind of a mixed bag when you start asking yourself when enough is enough. But because Pokemon was able to get away with having six playables, having six Mario reps is not as farfetched as some people might think.

Nominations
Leon Powalski (The Great Leon): x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
No long post from me today, or for a while I think!

Magnus - 0%
Even if we ignore the apparent Palutena leak (which should destroy the chances of all other KI prospects), I think Magnus is too unlikely simply because he's a little too low on the Kid Icarus totem pole. Palutena, Medusa, and Hades all have strong claims to filling that second spot, while the one-off minor character Magnus ends up around fourth or fifth depending on how viable you think Dark Pit is. For a franchise that would surely only garner one spot, if any? That's a near impossible situation to be in, regardless of how cool a character you might be. For what it's worth, Magnus is great Assist Trophy material, but I don't think he has any realistic shot of making it in.
Want - 0% - I don't particularly want a Kid Icarus character to begin with, and considering all the other swordsman that deserve a spot like Isaac, Shulk, and a number of FE characters, I think using Magnus for a second KI spot would be a mistake.

Six Mario Characters - 30%
I gave this rough number back on Bowser Jr's rerate, so I may as well stick with it. Mario was a franchise that was almost certainly going to get a fifth, but unless the roster proves to be unusually large, I don't think they'll be able to justify a sixth without compromising the variety of franchises involved. After all, six Mario characters plus roughly three DK characters plus Yoshi plus Wario...that's more than a fifth of 50 man roster, never mind a smaller one! It's certainly plausible because, well, Mario is Mario, but I would be at least somewhat surprising if it happened.
Want - 25% - Would be cool to see Paper Mario or Bowser Jr join the fray in particular, but with that coveted fifth spot already taken, I'd prefer to see some other franchises get characters.

Dark Pit Prediction - 2%
Wait, we got two KI characters in a row? That's an interesting surprise.

Nominations
Sheik x5

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Magnus
Want: 3%

6 Mario Characters:
Chance: 41% - It's funny all those < 5% scores. Fact is, the Mario universe is much bigger than anything else. There were 5 Mario characters in Melee, so it's not entirely impossible to see six two games later. Plus, it's still kind of bizarre that 5 Mario characters have been revealed this early so I can't help but think that there's more to it than meets the eye.

Want: 50% - 100 for Paper Mario and 0 for Bowser Jr, so it evens things out to a 50.

Dark Pit Prediction: 0.87% - I'll win this prediction thing someday!

Nominations:
Panther Caruso x 5

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Magnus

Chances 5%: With Palutena being the 2nd most important character in KI, I doubt anyone would really get in before her, if anyone is added at all. On top of this, Magnus, while relatively important, isn't exactly on the top of the food chain when it comes to KI characters either.

Want 39%: An awkward number, but who really cares? Anyway, I would still prefer Palutena as the next KI character, due to being important enough. But Magus is a decent choice. He is a cool enough character, and one my personal favorites in Kid Icarus Uprising.

6 Mario Characters:

Chances 30%: If I remember correctly, Sakurai said something about not wanting too many characters from a single series. And with a new Mario character thrown into the mix, that might be the limit. However, if Sakurai and the other devs can think of someone interesting and important enough to add, they can still make it in.

Want 50%: I'm cool with what we have honestly. But I'd also be happy to see either Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. Otherwise, I feel Metroid and Donkey Kong should desperately get another character or 2 for their respective franchises.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Magnus
2%
Minor Character in KIU and Palutena leak kill him
2% want
Literally the worst KIU character to choose IMO

6 Mario Characters
15% Chance
Toad or Bowser Jr both are Nintendo All Stars, and there is some fan demand.
50% Want
As long as they are not clones I am fine.

Dark Pit Prediction 3.3%
Pretty Palutena Leak will send all the KI characters to the Underworld

Palutena x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Magnus: 1%

Six Mario Reps
Bowser Jr.: 5%
Paper Mario: 3%
Waluigi: 1%
Dr. Mario: 0.5%
Toad: 0.5%
Six Mario Reps would be 9.91% (The extra 0.09% went to the chances of seven Mario reps)

Dark Pit: 0.92%

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Magnus Chance: 3.5% I think he has a shot in the dark here, his club certainly brings potential to the Smash game, but it's not too new when you compare him to Ike.
Magnus Want: 90% Sure why not, I'll take any KI character (Except Medusa)
Six Mario Characters Chance: 5% I think Sakurai's done with Mario characters.
Six Mario Characters Want: 0% No thanks, I would rather have that spot go to someone else than a 6th Mario character.
Dark Pit Prediction: 2.3% Poor Dark Pit, he'll be in the darkness for being a pallete swap for Pit. I think he's great semi-clone material.
Nominations:
x5 Harry.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Magnus: 2%
Want: 30% not really too interesting

6 Mario Reps: 30% only because Doc. Mario
Want: 40% why not? Doc could be cool if decloned, I guess.

Dark Pit: 0.9%

Noms:
Stork x4
Grovyle

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Magnus:
A fairly minor character who has a surprising fan popularity. He's a fairly good shot of AT (and would be a pick I'd be happy with too, though Pyrrhon or Eggplant Wizard would be better), which is surprising given how little screen time he actually had.

Chance: 0.5%
The problem is he's appeared in one game of a three (two in Japan) game series... And we're already well and truly looking at another rep choice in Palutena.

Palutena is third in the western Elite Four (Ridley, K.Rool, Palutena, Little Mac) and second in the Japanese Legendary Trio (Shulk, Palutena, K.Rool; I thought it a good name to follow the pokémon reference)... moreover there's the whole leak thing... KI can't really justify 3 characters, and it's clear the 2 we're getting.

Actually don't care, he's cool enough, but he had too minor an appearance for me to develop any real interest in him.

6 Mario Reps:
The best selling video-game franchise of all time! And Pokémon is set to match it's number of character slots with Mewtwo... I really think it deserves, and is likely to have, 1 more character slot than them.

Chance: 95%
It's 93% Bowser, 2% Waluigi. The fact that we've got Rosalina has pretty much convinced me we'll be getting Jr in, he's just too easy to implement and sits in the honerable mentions just outside of the elite four and legendary trio above... I see him as very nearly a lock at this stage with only ridiculous time mis-management being his issue.

Either would be great.

Pit's palette swap: 0.02%
Yeah, no...

Pokémon AT*5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
MAGNUS:

Chance: 2%
I remember hearing that he's a favorite of Sakurai's, so that could help (since Meta Knight was also a favorite). But he doesn't have an overarching importance to Kid Icarus like Palutena or even Medusa. He's only appeared in Uprising, which severely hurts his chances and will likely result in an assist trophy role. And his theme will definitely be there.

Want: 15%
Magnus is neat, but I'd much rather have Palutena for a KI character, given that we are limited to 2. And I'd rather have Shulk for a big hulking sword character.

6 MARIO CHARACTERS:

Chance: 45%
I'm seeing some high ratings, and I'm sort of surprised. Personally I think that Mario representation is pretty much done (main series wise that is). The most likely outcome if we get a new Mario character is Paper Mario, since he can represent his own series. So really I don't know if that counts. Jr. and Waluigi aren't necessarily out of the question though/

Want: 90%
It depends who it is, but I would do anything for a playable Paper Mario.

Dark Pit Prediction: 2.5%
He's not impossible you know.

Noms: Palutena x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Magnus

Chance - 0.25% - He may get in, but I doubt it. Even not factoring in that leak, he's under foot by both leaders of the underworld, and probably Pittoo. Sakurai might have picked up on his sudden popularity, but as he's not as popular as he was before and seems more like Assist Trophy material, I'm doubting him.

Want - 20% - "u noh who wud be a g8 charater from a shooter? some1 who cant shoot!" Yeah, even though I like allot of Kid Icarus characters, Magnus is about the dullest in terms of fighting style. Ugh. I'd even take Pittoo over him.

6 Mario characters

Chance - 15% - Only last minute (semi-)clones have a chance from this franchise. 10% goes to Jr., the rest I'm not certain of, and there's an 85% we don't get any more. Face it, we're over with the franchise now.

Want - 25% - Eh. I'm satisfied with the Mario roster as of now. There are some characters I'd like to add, but as of now I think that it's best to just wait for the next game for them, assuming that I still want them. I'd rather put the emphasis on other franchises, and I'll admit to saying that none look to be as interesting as Rosalina's game.

Pitoo Chance- 0.9% - No, I won't stop calling him that. Regardless, he's reasonable, but clone hate and the leak would bring him down easy.

Nominations
Epic Yarn Stage X5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
MAGUNASU: 1%
Six Mario: 10%
Want: 20%
DARUKU PITTO: 5.7%
Yarne Owain x 5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Magnus- More like Not Palutena.
The Facts, Issues, everything can be summed up by...
-Palutena.
Comparing These?
-Palutena. If we don't get Palutena it's likely we aren't getting anyone else but Medusa.
Overall Chances: .7%.

Want: Palutena. 0%

Six New Super Mario Bros Deluxe Turbo EX Hyper 2
The Facts/Issues
-We have a Mario Newcomer already.
-Not too many newcomer slots left. We have 4 as is, I expect 9 or less slots.
-Mario IS the biggest franchise, but...
I think Sakurai's done with Mario characters.
Agreed. 5%

Want:
Six Mario Characters Want: 0% No thanks, I would rather have that spot go to someone else than a 6th Mario character.
Agreed. Again. 0%.

Pit's Angsty Palette Swap:
-Palutena. .3%.

Noms
Screw it, Palutena X5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom