• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ghirahim

Chance - 9% - What reason would he get in, other than representing Skyword Sword? Other than that, he doesn't seem all that likely, just another noteworthy character on the timeline who will be fondly remembered but never appearing again.

Want - 20% - I'm mostly against one-offs, but he has a bit of an interesting fighting style that gives him a few bonus points.

Rayman Prediction - 11% - Folks seem unusualy optimistic about this guy, for a third party.

Nominations
Anna X5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ghirahim
Chance: 11% - He had far better reception than most one-shot Zelda villains. Unfortunately he's still not very important to the franchise, and Toon Link's confirmation hurts him hard.
Want: 59% - He's a very creative villain with a lot of personality and character.

Rayman prediction: 4%

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina team x5

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Ghirahim chance- 10%- I doubt we'll get another Zelda rep in the first place, and him being a one time villain doesn't help.
Ghirahim want- 65%- I like him, but it wouldn't kill me if he doesn't make it.

Rayman Prediction: 17%

Nominations
Dark Samus x3
Mallo x2

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Ghirahim
Likelihood: 5% I've about halved his chance from what I put yesterday because of the Toon Link reveal. I was assuming he was going to be cut, but turns out I was wrong. Now we are pretty much 99.99% sure that our Zelda reps will be Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. I don't see Zelda getting more than four reps. I'd also find Impa, Tingle, and Toon Zelda / Tetra more interesting and likely than him. He's also a one time insignificant character.

Want: 0% Impa, Tingle, Tetra > Ghirahim

Rayman: 6.5 (More likely than Ghirahim :p)

Sukapon x5 woot woot

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Gurren Lagann: 24%
Ganondorf, being the primary villain of the Legend of Zelda series, will undoubtedly take priority over him, though it's not impossible that they both will get in due to Ghirahim's recency.

Want: 24%
I really don't play much Legend of Zelda, so I can't say much about how much I'd enjoy playing as him. Going with 24% to match his likelihood.

D.GRay-man prediction: 7.11%
Dixie Kong prediction (assuming she gets 5 nominations by the next round): 63.3%
Nominate:
Quote x3
Lucina x2

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Ghirahim
Chances - 6%
Lord, was it a bad day for Ghirahim. So many people thought Toon Link would evaporate into nothingness and leave us a nice, fourth spot for a Zelda rep and then Sakurai goes and reveals Toon Link. Bahahahaha!
That's really all there is to say. Now it's the question of if there's a fifth character that deserves to stand with the current two, and I really don't see Ghirahim as being that character. It could happen, but I don't see it.

Want - 85%
He's FABULOUS! And a very refreshing villain to have in the franchise. I'd enjoy him in the roster.

Predictions
Ray-Man 9%
Third party, but it seems recently we've gotten some really high percentage ratings these days so I try to play it safe.

Nominations
x5 Ashley

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ghirahim:
Likelihood: 5%
He simply screams SSB4's "Zant", awesome one-off characters who appear in the Zelda series once, never to be seen again.

Want: 5%
Please no. Toon Zelda, Tetra, Tingle and Vaati have been in the series for much longer and deserve to get in before him.

Predicting 12% for Ray Man.

Ashley x 5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Ghirahim

Chance: 5%
Not impossible, but this actually came at a good time. With TL confirmed and no signs of Zelda or Ganondorf leaving, that means 5 characters would have to exist. Youve got Vaati, Impa, and even Tingle who have more reason to be in. Even though hes fabulous, its not likely.

Want: 80%
Like I said hes fabulous, only second to Hades. He had interesting development in SS and quite a large arsenal of abilities and weapons to dispose of.

Rayman: 9.3% (finally! :) )
Among third parties, he actually is a viable choice. His moves could be taken right out of origins and legends and it would work. The music and stage potential is pretty much endless.
The issue with Rayman is the lack of popularity in Japan. I dont think his sales were high across all his games. and if Sakurai doesn't recognize the series, it probably wont get a character. That being said, Ubisoft and Nintendo are pretty buddy-buddy at the moment, so you never know.

Nominations:
Masked Link x3
Ganbare Goemon x2

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Ghirahim chance: 12.65%
Not very much of an all star.

Gihirahim want: 50%
I'm completely indifferent.

RayMan prediction: 14.57%
Probably the most likely Ubisoft character, but still not likely.

Anthony Higgs x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Realizing this will be my third straight day of giving a zero rating, which probably looks overly mean, but oh well. Need to sleep on tomorrow's and see if it's worthy of breaking the unintentional trend.

Ghirahim - 0%
He may be more interesting than Zant turned out to be, but in terms of Smash he fills the same role: very cool one-off Zelda villain who happens to be from the last new console Zelda before a new Smash game releases. Could he make for a good Smash character? Of course he could. Does that mean he has any real chance of being selected? No, not really. History seems to suggest Sakurai isn't interested in picking Zelda characters that will never be seen again (Sheik excluded as the extremely popular alter-ego of Zelda), and I doubt that's about to change now when he's still got a handful of quality recurring characters like Toon Zelda/Tetra, Vaati, Impa, or even Tingle to consider, assuming a fifth Zelda character is in the cards to begin with. As such, I don't see him having any chance for SSB4; maybe in a future Smash if he proves to have serious lasting appeal and/or becomes recurring somehow.
Want - 10% - I kinda like him, but I'd far rather have another Zelda character.

Ray-Man Prediction - 7.5%
Difficult to call as a third party that has had recent success with Nintendo with Legends and the Rabbids games.

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
A fifth Zelda character isn't unlikely, and Ghirahim is probably the most likely nominee for that spot. He may be a one-time villain, but he is chronologically the first one-time villain, and also by far the most influential on the timeline of the series, triggering some major events. He is also the most well-adapted for a Smash game.

42%

predict Rayman 8%

nominate Wonder Red x5

djgeiger0620

Smash Rookie
Ghirahim chances - 2% - So little shot of actually getting in... Plenty of other recurring characters that deserve to be in there. Also, he's once and done. As awesome as he is, Zelda is moving forward without him.

Ghirahim want - 60% - He's awesome in my opinion, and I could also see him fitting in VERY well in the SSB universe. However, there are other LoZ characters I'd like to see before him.

Rayman prediction - 7.2%

Noms to Lloyd Irving x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ghirahim this time.

Chance: 3% While Ghirahim would undeniably fit in Smash (moveset-wise at least) his chances are very low, while there are a good amount of people who would want him in the game, I don't believe there are enough, and there is relevancy to take into account. There are plenty of other Zelda characters that deserve to get in more than him. (Tetra/Toon Zelda, Tingle etc) and I think the Zelda franchise doesn't need any other playable villains other than Ganondorf.

Want: 40% Eh, I used to want him. But I'm not as fond of the idea of him in Smash as I once was. I won't deny however, that he is FABULOUS!

Rayman prediction. 10% The most likely Ubisoft character, but still unlikely.

Nominations: Wonder Red x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Ghirahim

Popularity: Well, Skyward Sword wasn't the best seller in Japan, but it did pretty good in the US. Ghirahim seems decently popular considering he's a one-off villain. But you know, not amazingly popular overall.

Relevancy: He's recent, but he's not recurring. I think a lot of people overrate the former.

Design: Ghirahim has plenty of move set potential, however. There's an interesting contrast between his flamboyant personality when he's talking and his Terminator 1000-esque fighting style.

Roster and Competition: Well, Toon Link just got confirmed. We know Zelda and Ganondorf are getting in. Sheik probably comes with Zelda. A 5th character slot (6th move set) is quite possible. A 6th slot (7th move set) would be shocking. So he's competing for at most one spot I think. His competition is Tetra (and variants), Tingle, Vaati, Impa and so on. I think Tetra and Tingle are his biggest and more dominant competitors, and Vaati and Impa are more on his level.

And like all Zelda reps, it is necessary to point out that Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl. (random note: Sakurai would make me freak my **** if he broke with all our expectations and revealed Tetra on the US Wind Waker HD release date. But nah, he likes to slow roll it).

Ghirahim chances: 3%
He was well-received (in the US anyway) and he is kinda cool, but he's still a one-off. He's more important than Impa or Tingle are within an individual game, but they've both appeared many times. Tetra is both more important and more recurring. Vaati is about as important, but more recurring. And another Zelda slot is no guarantee.

Ghirahim want: 42%
I do like Ghirahim, but I like Tetra more, and I gotta say, even though Tingle does not appeal to me that much in the Zelda games, I think he's more deserving than Ghirahim. If Ghirahim made a return in a later Zelda, I'd be more up for it. And I actually see him as being more likely to return than Demise (more likely as Ganondorf's minion than Demise's).

Rayman prediction: 10%
Just guessing here. Definitely Ubisoft's most likely. And Ubisoft has been playing relatively nice with Nintendo, although that Rayman Legends delay was bull****. Denying Wii U owners a fully-completed game just because you didn't want to advertise two different release dates?

Also: I would've bought it at the original release date since I was lacking Wii U games, but now I'm anticipating all these Nintendo 1st-party games, school's on and I have limited time, so if I end up getting it, it will probably not be until next year. They could've had THE Wii U game - and still released it on the other consoles anyway. Is saving on marketing costs worth it? Anywho...

Nominations:
Mike Jones x5

I don't even know why I'm nominating him, I've never played his games. But he seems among the more interesting retro characters yet to be rated. After I finish with him, I'm going to promote whichever unrated veteran is in the lead.

Forde

Smash Cadet
Ghirahim
Chances: 15% While a villian, he's still new to the series.

Want: 5%. Tetra, Impa, or even Demise would be better additions than Ghirahim.

Rayman Prediction: 9%

Nominations
Cloud Stife x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Zant Ghirahim:

Chance: 10%

Rayman Prediction: 7%

Nominations:
5x Toad

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Ghiraihim:

Chance : 10%

Want : 75%

Rayman prediction : 3%

Nominations:

5x Toon Ganondorf

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Ghirahim

Chance: 5 %
A recent character of a well represented series. Fitting for SSB but most likely a one-off character.

Want: 40 %
He isn't one of my most liked characters per se but out of the Zelda universe he is one of the more interesting picks. However the lineup seems pretty complete already and I'd rather have Impa.

Rayman Prediction: 7.5 %

Nominations: 5 x Daisy

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm gonna agree with most people here for Ghirahim:

Chance: 5%
There's a small possibility he might replace Ganondorf, but really he has no other spot now that Toon Link is taken

Want: 10%

Rayman Prediction: 10%
Unlikely, but they might surprise us with a third party reveal

Nominations: 5 x Sylveon

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I'm with a lot of people here. But I guess I'll just post what I think.

Chance: 7%
He doesn't have much of a chance. Other people have much more of a chance, like Tingle and Tetra, and deserve a spot way more than Ghirahim does.

Want: 35%
I used to want Ghirahim, but not as much now. There are just other people I'd prefer of Ghirahim, and he has become less relevant now. So now I don't really want him all that much.

Rayman Prediction: 20%
He had more of chance when the newer game was exclusively for Wii U, but even then he was still 3rd Party. He is the most likely candidate from Ubisoft, but he's still unlikely.

Nominations: 5 x Professor Layton

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ghirahim
Chance: 6%
I'd do a larger analysis on his chances as I usually do, but as I haven't played Skyward Sword, I can't gauge him well. Or at all.
He's also not what I'd class as 'All Star', although it is a tricky thing to be when you've only had one appearence and not in the lead role.

Want: 18%
There are better candidates for the 5th slot of the Zelda franchise: Toon Zelda/Tetra, Tingle, Impa.
If we were going for villain candidates I'd pick both Vaati and Skull Kid over Ghirahim, Vaati for his larger amount of appearences and Skull Kid because he's actually quite well recognised, providing he's wearing Majora's Mask. I wouldn't be against his appearence but I also don't care enough about him to give him even 50%.

I shame myself with this tiny pitiful analysis.

Rayman chances: Can't see people scoring him too high, but 3rd parties are always hard to judge. Is Rayman legendary enough? I'll give him a 23.4% chance and throw caution to the wind.

Nominations:
Andy(Advance Wars) X 5

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Ghirahim chances: 5%. Even before Toon Link's reveal I wouldn't have rated him all that high, but the Zelda series probably isn't going to get more than four reps and Zelda and Ganondorf are hardly leaving.

Want: 5%. I don't like his character all that much and feel he wouldn't really add as much to the game as people are claiming. He could be fun, yeah, but hardly the new and innovative fighter that Smash bros. needs like some people actually think.

Rayman prediction: 5%. more third parties srsly

Ganon X5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Ghirahim
Likelihood: 5%
seems like people have already stated how I feel about his situation

Same reason why I don't want Zant in the game

Rayman
Prediction: 5%

Dixie Kong x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Ghirahim: his flouncing would drive me insane
That's kind of the point. He's a showboater; Smash has precious few of those at the current time.

Dixie Kong prediction (assuming she gets 5 nominations by the next round): 63.3%
Renomination characters aren't considered for prediction---they get voted upon as soon as they hit 100. People may get confused with two predictions in the same day (and I certainly would when tallying them up).

Ghirahim:He was a one-time Zelda villain and when he was it was for 10-15 mins I think.
To be fair, there were three boss battles against Ghirahim and he appeared in a cutscene in just about every dungeon.

(Not to mention Vaati is far more handsome ;))

Ghirahim: 10%
He's not exactly comparable to Zant, in my opinion. Zant appeared in... two or three cutscenes and had one boss fight in TP. He wasn't very popular among the Zelda fanbase.... most just saw him as a simple pawn. But Ghirahim is different... he made constant appearences throughout SS and had three full boss battles. His charisma also made him very popular among the Zelda fanbase; many see him as one of the redeeming features of "an otherwise lackluster Zelda."

Furthermore, he was built for Smash. His range of martial arts, swordplay, summoning, laser-launching, and telekenetic knifefighting make him exceedingly easy to make a unique moveset for.

Two days ago I would have given him a 20%. Now, however, I've had to half that because Toon Link made a reappearance. Sigh.

Ghirahim Want: 98%

Minus one percent because part of me feels he isn't important enough. Minus one percent because I would rather have Tingle.

Ghirahim brings to the table a type of character we don't have: a flamboyant showboater. (Well... we do have Sonic. Still, two is never too many.) He doesn't even need to taunt... I'm sure idle animations alone would get the point across.

Ghirahim is the anti-Ganon and would definitely bring a sense of freshness to the roster.

Rayman Prediction: 12.36%
People will cry out that the Legends deal screwed him over. Still, I can't concievably see him doing worse than Belmont and Bomberman.

Groose x5
Loose the Groose!

DAY OVER
RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Ghirahim (Legend of Zelda)
9.86% chance
33.76% want

Ghirahim narrowly beat out Vaati and Skull Kid in chance even with the confirmation of Toon Link. However, it must be noted that he lost to both of them in want. Do you have any idea how that makes him feel inside? FURIOUS! OUTRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER!

Today we will be rating the limbless wonder. NO! Not Miis! Rayman! Please rate Rayman in both chance and want.

WARNING! CHALLENGER RE-APPROACHING! Dixie Kong outraced King K. Rool to the top of the renomination ladder. The last time we rated her, E3 was fresh in our minds and we knew little about Tropical Freeze (we did know she was in it, however). Has time improved or soured her odds? Please rate Dixie Kong in chance and want.

Sorry, Sylveon---you were beaten by one vote for the second consecutive day. Tomorrow belongs to everybody's favorite WarioWare witch. Her name is Ashley and she lives in a haunted mansion... but will she do well in RTC? Please predict Ashley's score for tomorrow. Yams wins five extras today.

EDIT: I've fallen behind in the music section, but I plan to catch up on it soon. I already have tracks picked out for Ghirahim and I have a number of suggestions from you guys on Duck Hunt Dog. If you have anything for Rayman, send it to me.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Rayman
Chance - 4%
Not very fond of overestimating the chances of non Pac-Man characters, and Rayman suffers from this. At one point in time I did consider him rather likely, but then Ubisoft made Rayman Legends non-exclusive and it became clear Nintendo and Ubisoft weren't as close chums as they seemed to be. Had that game been Wii U exclusive and released back in the spring, I'm pretty sure the perception of Rayman as a potential third party would be much higher.
and that's really the thing ... he's a third party and he competes with those who want Sonic and Snake back as well as the, in my opinion, imminent Pac-Man Namco rep. And I don't see Sakurai extending an offer to more than three third party characters in this game.

Want - 75%
Interestingly enough, I'm not that fond of the recent Rayman platformers, even though I acknowledge their merit and artistic wonder. What makes me want Rayman is having really really enjoyed Rayman 2 back in the Playstation and N64 days. That was one fantastic game, and part of me really wishes the franchise would move back towards that 3D platforming.

Dixie Kong (NEARLY FORGOT HER!)
Chances - 75%
One of my highest ratings in a long time.
I considered giving her a 50% because of genuinely believing that either her or K. Rool are getting in but frankly ... I could conceivably see both of them getting in. After Brawl Donkey Kong Country has resurfaces as a HUGE seller for Nintendo and I don't think they'll ignore that. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixie confirmed for promotion purposes (due to her presence in Tropical Freeze) and then having K. Rool be an unlockable.
Simply put, I'm leaning towards believing Dixie will most likely be in the game.

Want - 70%
I care soo much more for K. Rool, but when push comes to shove, I wouldn't mind Dixie. I'd be afraid of her being a DK clone (since in DKC2 she replaced Donkey and had some of his characteristics like holding barrels over the head, and her hair twirl would resemble DK's Up B,) but knowing Sakurai there'd be some uniqueness to her character that would make her work.
Plus, the bottom line is she fits in the roster. She fits very well.

Prediction
Ashley 11.74%
Finally!! I actually have less of a hope for her due to having played a certain series recently, but I'm still eager to see how she does.

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Monkey
It's going to be a long, arduous road, but I'm placing all my chips on a Rhythm Heaven rep. OK, It's ON!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Rayman:

Chance: 5% - I don't see it happening.

Want: 75% - Big part of my childhood, even if I like the old Rayman more than the newer and more "radical" Rayman I still think he'd fit incredibly well.

Dixie Kong:

Chance: 45% - A DK rep is 100%. Whether it's K. Rool or Dixie remains to be seen, but I'm giving a 5% lead to the King.

Want: 10% - Nah.

Ashley Prediction: 4%

Nominations:
5x Toad

Rayman Music: (All from Rayman 1)
Band Land
Blue Mountains
Mr. Skops
Mr. Dark Battle

Man, I had all but forgotten how legendary the first game's soundtrack is. Might try my hand at other Rayman games' songs tommorow, but right now I'm probably just gonna spin the original Rayman OST on repeat the rest of the night.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Rayman:
So sakurai said it needs to be a special case to be a third party smash character, and we're voting on a third party character so let's think. Is Rayman a legend? Despite his newest game's name I question this, he probably is well know enough to garner that title, but he's borderline in a way none of the previous 3rd party contestants have been (barr maybe Bomberman in the UK, but ya). Is he exciting and going to bring something to smash? Not anything massive, his hair hover's cool, but done better by Tails, but his arsenal consists of punches and kicks.. nothing new to smash. Does he have history with Nintendo? Not really, his second game was the first to hit the console, and that was in the N64 era, and even speaking in modern History the Legends deal for Wii U exclusivity kinda spectacularly fell through much to the dissapointment of Nintendo, Rayman and Ubisoft fans, and even the Rayman team. I can't imagine Nintendo was too happy about it either, further hurting his chances. Is he a special case? You might have guessed my opinions on his chances by now...

Chances: 0.2%
If Legends was an exclusive, released on time, and as good as Origins (I like Legends, but it was nowhere near as polished) I'd of still only given him half a percent. He's just not special enough, as much as I loved Origins and Legends, and actually kinda enjoyed the Rabids games for a quick play about when I inevitably found them second hand for less than £5 a few months after release. He's not a big enough name, and he doesn't have any connection to Nintendo...

Want: 25%
I've said already that I like him as a character, but he won't bring much to the game; I can imagine most of his move set, because it's really freaking obvious, but he's just too generic in fighting ability. A cool character, but not one I want in smash, nor one I think I'll enjoy playing as, but it'd be vaguely nice to see his trailer, 'cos Rayman is pretty cool (when Ubisoft aren't delaying him).

Dixie Kong:
The fourth Kong (fifth? there's a lot of confusion in that regard), she's returning to DKCTF, but is she getting into smash 4...?

Chance: 4%
No. Atleast I don't think so. She's a useful and important character in 3 games, but since Diddy has a jet pack I'm not sure what Dixie can bring to the table... She's a fairly generic Kong with hair-licopter phony-tail... okay? She could nick moves from Tiny Kong at a push, but even then I don't see how turning Tiny could be an advantage in Smash... yeah, sorry, I've read her movesets on her support thread and I don't feel they're likely. I also don't think she's likely to team up with Diddy after he got his own moveset (and a really fitting one at that). If a DKC character gets in I see K.Rool cos he'd actually cause some serious hype.

Want: 0%
She's a wasted slot, and one that would only go to piss me off that she got in and K.Rool didn't (even if he's later revealed, Dixie will be tarnished).

Ashley: 12%
I guess if there's another Wario Ware character it'll be Ashley, though Kat and Ana would be more interesting in my opinion.

Tails*5
(Rayman? Dixie? You think spinning your hair is cool? Our boy tails can do that twice as well... with his ass!)

EDIT: Just realised this is my 200th post, I may be spending too much time on here :S.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Ouch Sylveon gets beaten again...
And thanks Groose for the info on Ghirahim, I didnt know much about him.

Rayman:
Chance: 1%
The only third party's left that actually have a good CHANCE that aren't confirmed are Snake, Sonic and Pac Man.

Want: 1%
No...

Dixie Kong:
Chance: 60%
She is in the new DK game but it seems like K Rool is more likely even if he isn't in Tropical Freeze. But she does have some good popularity and likelihood.

Want: 30%
I wouldn't mind here that much but I think K Rool is a much better addition to smash.

Prediction for Ashley: 11.74%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5
(Hopefully the last time!)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I missed a day...
Well, at least Ephraim aint too behind.

Rayman

Chances: 5.6%
Don't feel like explaining.

Meh.

Ashley: 12.3%

Noms:
Ephraim x5
#EphriamBeforeAnna2013

D

Deleted member

Rayman
Chance: 2%
Honestly, if your name isn't Sonic or Snake or Pac-Man, you probably don't have a good chance of getting in SSB4 as a third party rep. While Ubisoft has been having close ties with Nintendo, I don't think that Rayman would be considered a "special case" that Sakurai has mentioned. Sure, he has popularity and some demand, but I don't think that will grant him a spot on the roster.
I want Sonic to return. However, he could have an interesting moveset... I rather have Rayman than Snake. Besides, Rayman is cool. I just don't think he should be on the roster. I just wanna say that I am not against third parties in SSB4 or any future SSB games, but I would much rather have Sonic over any third party character... or have Bomberman appear as well... *sniff*

Dixie Kong
Chance: 85%
This is the same score that I would give to King K. Rool since I find themselves to have advantages over each other as well as disadvantages.
First off, Sakurai has taken note of Dixie Kong. Oddly enough in Melee, she got a trophy while Diddy Kong didn't. She is also part of the infamous Forbidden Seven; it's debatable whether she would be teaming up with Diddy Kong or she would be a separate character however. She is a popular character among the Donkey Kong games and I have seen some support and demand for her. Not only that, but she is going to appear in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze which I believe would help her chances. Appearing in Tropical Freeze being a part of the Forbidden Seven are practically the advantages she has over King K. Rool. However, her disadvantages compared to King K. Rool would be that she wouldn't be as interesting as King K. Rool would be in terms of moveset potential and King K. Rool has much more demand than Dixie Kong does. Overall, I find that if we get one, we might not get the other. (though I find 4 DK reps to be justifiable)
Want: 34%
I support King K. Rool and I find him to have a much more potential moveset and a much more unique addition. While I totally wouldn't mind seeing Dixie Kong on the roster, I think she would be a boring addition.

Ashley Prediction: 6.82%
I'm going to predict a bit low here. While she is a more likely Wario rep, I don't think that we are going to get one.

Nominations: Little Mac 3x, Captain Rainbow 2x

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Rayman

Chance: 4%

Rayman doesn't have a good chance, the only one being Ubisoft being one of the few 3rd party supporters of Nintendo.

Want: 90%

I was a big fan of the original platformer, and he could be very unique with no arms and legs.

Ashley: 4.4%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Rayman: 0%
If there is going to be a fourth third party character, it is going to be Pac-Man. No one else is in a league of their own.

Want: 0%
I'd be FURIOUS OUTRAGED SICK WITH ANGER.

Dixie Kong: 99%
I think that we're assured a new DK character given how popular Dixie and K. Rool are. Giving them both the same 99% because both are equally likely as each other.

Nomz: 5x Toon Zelda/Tetra (should be an interesting revote after the Toon Link reveal)

Predicting 5.4% for Ashley

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Rayman

Likelihood: 8% - He's important to Nintendo history, and he's iconic enough.

Want: 90% - He would be so cool. I'm loving Rayman Legends

Dixie Kong:

Likelihood: 75% - Honestly, she's much more likely than King K Roll. She will be in Tropical Freeze and was planned to be in Brawl

Want: 50% - She's fine, i guess

Ashley: 5%

Primid x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ghirahim brings to the table a type of character we don't have: a flamboyant showboater. (Well... we do have Sonic. Still, two is never too many.) He doesn't even need to taunt... I'm sure idle animations alone would get the point across.
Only Sonic? What about Falcon, Groose? "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!"

Rayman
Chance: 8%
Rayman's undergone a bit of a revival of recent starting with Raving Rabbids on the Wii, one of the launch titles. Good job too, before that he was fading into obscurity. Rabbids unfortunately overtook the lead and soon tried to conquer the world, and began swallowing up Rayman within a game he started. Luckily Rayman origins came along and easily became one of the best platformers of last gen and thus Rayman and his quirky expressions and slightly off the wall sense of humour became more well known and the character more popular than ever before.

Rayman is a well recognised face now, not that he wasn't before, but I can't help but fee Origins gave the character a lot more charm than previous incarnations. By all means Rayman would be an excellent mascot if this was "video game all stars".

But sadly it's not. It's a Nintendo All Stars, and to get in without being a Nintendo character means you have to be of Legendary Status: Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man. These are legendary characters and unfortunately for the limbless buffoon he doesn't quite match up to his fellow "Man" mascots. At least not yet. He is probably around the same level of fame as Bomberman at this point; recognised, but not a legendary character.

Honestly, I love Rayman, and after playing Origins you better believe I want this guy. I have yet to play Legends, but just the art style, the expressions, the weirdness, I can't help but love a character like Rayman. I have no idea for what his specials would be, aside from Up+B (his propeller hair), but I'm sure whatever Sakurai could come up with would be amazing.

----------------------

Dixie Kong
Chance: 80%
Dixie Kong is one of the more recognised DK reps, one of the most recognised female characters of gaming(I know this doesn't mean much, but still it's a fact) and starred in two of the Donkey Kong Country games. She isn't just the sidekick of the sidekick as many people have been seen calling her, she's a genuine All Star protagonist which is something even her detractors can't deny.
Dixie was planned for Brawl, and I honestly see her getting in before King K. Rool. She's more recognised, more memorable(you play as her for 2 out of 3 of the original DK Country games anyone who thinks the boss is going to be remembered more than the character you see on screen for the majority of the game is kidding themselves) and has more chance of getting in, seeing as if worse comes to worse she can be a Wolf style clone. Let us also not forget that we tend to get more heroes than villains, and I can't see that pattern changing.
Not a lock by any means(I've been guessing Diddy would show his face up since 64 and it took the third installment for that to finally happen) but her chances are as good as any potential newcomer.

If it's a toss up between her and K. Rool, I'll side with her. Partly to be different from the "Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Palutena are lock" crowd, but partly because I don't really have any strong memories of K. Rool and I do of Dixie. I'm not against K. Rool's inclusion, but I feel Dixie fits "All Star" better than K. Rool does. Who knows we might get both?

-----------------

Ashley: 4%
Sorry Ashley. I know she has moveset potential, more than most other Warioware reps(I may argue for Syrup...) but I can't see her doing well.

Nominations:
Captain Syrup X 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Rayman
Chance: 0% - I hate myself for handing out another zero (especially for such a great character), but how many Japanese gamers even know that Rayman exists? The Rayman series has been a complete comercial failure in the land of the rising sun. Since there can only be very few third party characters, Sakurai will probably look for ones that are popular in all the major video game markets.
Want: 85% - Because seriously, who doesn't love Rayman (besides thatwaspeachy).

Dixie Kong
Chance: 60% - I'd say that she's more likely than King K. Rool, Nintendo's still using her in the Donkey Kong Country series.
Want: 24% - Sorry Dixie fans, I don't even know why I don't like her.

Ashley prediction: 7%

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina team x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Raymond: 7%
Want: 50%

Dixie: 75%
Want: 80% Just started playing DKC3

Ashley: 7.2%

Status