• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Ummm... So the SSB team plans ahead, but the Donkey Kong Country team doesn't? Not trying to pick a fight here, but that doesn't make sense.
Well this post was a mess. What are you even trying to say here? Tropical Freeze was announced well after the roster would have been finalized. It has no impact at all on Dixie getting in at all. The most it can do is make Dixie a higher priority if she was already decided upon prior to Tropical Freeze's reveal, at which point she would have been far less important than K. Rool due to being no more relevant than him and not having near as large a fanbase. It's not like saying WWHD never affected Toon Link's chances, because it did affect his chances. It did not make the team decide to put him in the game. Likewise Tropical Freeze only affects Dixie's chances if she is already in the game.

I seriously have no idea what the **** you were even trying to say here.

And yes there is always the possibility that Sakurai is allowed to have sneak peaks at games before they're officially revealed but I prefer to ignore that. Makes things too complicated. Yes I'm aware of Roy

Also, to another part of your post. Diddy and Dixie were intended to be an Ice Climbers-style duo, not switch out like Pokémon Trainer. That isn't anything to do with Dixie's potential as a character, it's Diddy and Dixie's potential together. There's a pretty big difference there

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
i
Well this post was a mess. What are you even trying to say here? Tropical Freeze was announced well after the roster would have been finalized. It has no impact at all on Dixie getting in at all. The most it can do is make Dixie a higher priority if she was already decided upon prior to Tropical Freeze's reveal, at which point she would have been far less important than K. Rool due to being no more relevant than him and not having near as large a fanbase. It's not like saying WWHD never affected Toon Link's chances, because it did affect his chances. It did not make the team decide to put him in the game. Likewise Tropical Freeze only affects Dixie's chances if she is already in the game.

I seriously have no idea what the **** you were even trying to say here.

And yes there is always the possibility that Sakurai is allowed to have sneak peaks at games before they're officially revealed but I prefer to ignore that. Makes things too complicated. Yes I'm aware of Roy
I think hes saying that long before tropical freeze was announced, retro studios decided to have dixie kong in it. and that while sakurai was deciding the roster, he communicated with retro studios to see who will be in tropical freeze, and they told him about dixie's role in the game

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Rayman

Popularity: He's from a decently popular series. But he doesn't seem super wanted by Smash fans.

Relevancy: Rayman does not have much of a Nintendo connection, and unlike Pac-Man he is not among the highest tiers of video game legend. Unlike Snake, I don't think he has any personal connection to Sakurai either.

Design: He'd be alright I suppose. Nothing super interesting as far as how his moves work, but his model would be quite different.

Roster and Competition: If we assume 3rd parties are limited to three or four, he has to compete against Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man and other third-parties with much more of a Nintendo connection. Even if there are five 3rd-parties, he doesn't seem likely to me.

Legal issues/marketing: Rayman belongs to Ubisoft, of course. And Ubisoft and Nintendo have a decent relationship, but I have to imagine that the Rayman Legends debacle really damaged the already low chances of Rayman being included.

Rayman chances: 0.5%
He's not that legendary, he's not that Nintendo, he's not that desired by fans, and Ubisoft ****ed over Nintendo regarding this specific character very recently. Why would we expect to see him?

Rayman want: 15%
I'd much rather see a lot of other 3rd-parties. He doesn't sink to the level of 3rd-party characters that might as well be mascots for another console though.

Dixie Kong

Well, this is a re-rate, so I don't feel the need to go over it all again. Just need to talk about what has changed...

-Not very much. We don't know anything new about Tropical Freeze, including the most important thing for this discussion: whether King K Rool is in it.

-I still think a third DK rep is practically a lock. But I have come to think that Donkey Kong getting 4 reps is more likely than I did before. I've bumped it up from about a 1:4 chance to a 1:3. Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises (about as big as Zelda in sales, and their 4th largest overall). The DK series is criminally underrepresented. Donkey Kong would deserve to be in just on the basis of the arcade game for his importance to Nintendo history. Donkey Kong still sells well, with DKCR being a quite high selling game. Tropical Freeze can be expected to sell millions of copies. So there's plenty of life in the series, and K Rool and Dixie are the obvious choices for more reps.

-As I said before, I think K Rool is a lot more likely, since he feels a bit more important to DKC than Dixie, and because he'd be more unique as a fighter.

So

Dixie chances: 45%
This is a significant bump from what I said before (about 36%). This is because most of that bump in the likelihood of DK getting 4 reps would accrue to her, since I think K Rool is much more likely to get in first. But if there are four reps, and K Rool is already in, Dixie Kong is pretty much the only choice.

Dixie want: 70%
Just gonna put the same thing as before.

Ashley prediction: 5%
Wario Ware characters don't seem like they should be seen as super likely, but who knows. It was crazy how much support she got back in the day for Brawl, particularly considering Brawl was Wario's Smash debut.

Nominations:
Mikes Jones x5

- Some people also say she has no moveset potential, it would be too much like Diddy. I have to say, this is hard for me too. However, the Brawl team apparently thought she did. She was apparently supposed to tag team with Diddy, and you wouldn't tag team with someone to get... exactly the same thing. No, just like Zelda and Sheik are unique apart from each other, as well as Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle, so would Diddy and Dixie be unique.
Was they supposed to be a tag team like the PKMN Trainer's Pokemon, or were they supposed to work like the Ice Climbers?

I think the latter is more likely, considering that they work like that in the DKC games. Since they would have some team moves, it wouldn't be the case that Diddy and Dixie would have to be fully differentiated in that scenario. It would also mean, at the very least, that her inclusion was based partly on their team moves, not on Dixie's independent moves.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Rayman chance 10% want 40%
I don't see it happening Rayman isn't very popular either but I think he would be fun to main if he were to happen.

Dixie Kong chance 75% want 55%
She was planned for Brawl there's the opportunity that if he goes by he previous doing he may consider her. She's an okay character, i'm intrigued to see what she would work like as a unique fighter but i'm not excited if she ends up a clone.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Rayman chances: 5%. Really unrealistic, not particularly relevant to Nintendo or esteemed as a character and there are a fair few more deserving third-parties sales-wise.
Rayman want: 10%. Really don't like the character.

Dixie chances: 50%. I think a new DK rep is a near-lock, so it's gotta be either her or K. Rool and it's neck and neck.
Dixie want: 25%. I don't mind her, but I'd rather see K. Rool and she'll most likely end up a Diddy clone/semi-clone.

Ashley: 1%. Literally so improbable it's unreal. Why would we get another Wario rep, for starters?

Nominations:
x5 Tom Nook

Groose

Smash Champion
Rayman's Chances: 10%
The Legends deal DOES NOT AFFECT RAYMAN'S CHANCES! Why? The roster was finalized by the time of the betrayal... Rayman, as a third party character, would not have simply been cut from the roster because of that little debacle.

What does hurt Rayman, then? His lack of Japanese popularity. He's just not a big enough figure there for people to really consider him. Also of note: Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man are all Japanese characters with Japanese companies... Rayman is located halfway across the world in France.

There is still a chance Nintendo and Ubisoft were on good enough terms to get something done. I personally doubt it.

Rayman Want: 30%
I'd prefer not. I've never really gotten into his games. They're unique and crazy as heck (bringing to mind DKC under Rare), but I've just never liked the control. My favorite game in his series is actually Rabbids Go Home... *SHOT*

Dixie Kong: 49%
It's a toss up. Since my last rating, I've placed more value on her Brawl consideration. She has serious competition, but she may very well win out.

Dixie Kong Want: 10%
No. Just no. RALLY THE KREMLINGS! RALLY THE KUTTHROATS! I don't really want her as a character, and if she gets in, K. Rool (my most wanted newcomer) probably won't.

Ashley: 5.32%
She's a niche character. People may want her, but I doubt they consider her likely.

Groose x5.
Loose the Groose!
As far as I know, want scores aren't compulsory. So if one score is given, I think it is taken as the chance score. Not 100% sure though.
Nope. All scores are optional: just supply whatever you wish. I at least skim every post, but I just assume it's a chance score if there aren't any context clues.
By the way, musicness incoming!

Rayman (all from Rayman Origins)
Sea of Serendipity Depths
Moskito Stage
Moskito Stage 2
Steampunk Suspense
The Mecha Factory
Chasing a Dream

Dixie Kong (all from Donkey Kong Country 2)
Mining Melancholy
Forest Interlude
Disco Train
Stickerbrush Symphony (of course)
I'll get to this later. I do think I already have Stickerbrush Symphony (It's my FAVORITE piece of VGM of all time, for crying out loud!), but I may have it listed under "Bramble Blast."

Was they supposed to be a tag team like the PKMN Trainer's Pokemon, or were they supposed to work like the Ice Climbers?

I think the latter is more likely, considering that they work like that in the DKC games. Since they would have some team moves, it wouldn't be the case that Diddy and Dixie would have to be fully differentiated in that scenario. It would also mean, at the very least, that her inclusion was based partly on their team moves, not on Dixie's independent moves.

I believe it is the latter, but there is no evidence to confirm this.

Groose

Smash Champion
Rayman (Rayman)
5.13% chance
42.31% want

Legends once appeared to be Rayman's greatest assest... but now it may be his biggest shortcoming. It is common belief that when that game went multiplatform, Rayman left his chances behind. However, he's still pretty popula; he beat Pac-Man and only narrowly lost to Professor Layton in want.

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
55.39% chance (previously 57.38%)
40.60% want (previously 50.17%)

Although Dixie's slight dip in chance can merely be written off as incidental, her 10% drop in want is pretty noteworthy. The Kutthroats showed up in full force today! Still, that incidental drop in chance brought her from 7th to 9th on the newcomer list!

Today we have a new contestant. She's the girl living next door in the haunted mansion... you better learn her name because it's Ashley! La da la da la da da da da! (Guess you know what I have planned for the music section today). Please rate Ashley in chance and want. Don't let yourself be fooled by her innocent demeanor!

Also, I'd advise prediction Sylveon's score. Sylveon will be our fairy-type contestant tomorrow. BlitznBurst, Chandelure, and XenothiumX each win five extra nominations today.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ashley: 5%
Want: 35% honestly would rather have(and is expecting) Mona.

Sylveon: 4.5%

noms
Lucario x3
Phoenix Wright
Groose

D

Deleted member

Ashley
Chance: 5%
I have heard that she got support for Brawl and I do believe that was the case. When I saw that her song was posted on Brawl's website, I took it as she got confirmed as a character. (I dunno why, I just did) However, I think her support has died down and so has her demand. Not only that, but if we were to have a magic wand user, I think Sakurai would consider Kamek due to the fact that Kamek is very important in the Mario and Yoshi franchise. Not only that, but I think that Wario represents his series just fine. I think that Mona from WarioWare or Captain Syrup from Wario Land would probably be the second rep for the Wario series before Ashley, but even then I find that highly unlikely.
Want: 0%
Nothing against Ashley and I don't hate the character. But, I rather have other characters be playable before her. If I wanted a wand user that badly, I would choose Kamek.
Sylveon Prediction: 0.83%
I am expecting a ton of 0s and 1s tomorrow. Sylveon is too recent in my opinion to really be a part of the roster. But... I'll save my giant rant tomorrow. I wonder if Sylveon will do better than Owain and Sandbag...
Nominations: Little Mac 3x, Captain Rainbow 2x

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Ashley
Chances 1%: i hate to say it but having a wario ware rep besides wario is already extremelly unlikely. On top of that, pretty much all the wario ware characters have the same significance as each other. So she would need to beat out mona, kat & ana, jimmy-t, 9-volt, mike, the cyborg guy, the dog and cat, and orbulon.

Want 10%: i dont really want another wario character, but if there was one i would want either her, 9-volt, or orbulon

Sylveon: 1%

Nominations:
King. K rool x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The girl next door living in the haunted mansion
Likelihood: 15% - If Waluigi doesn't count, then Ashley pretty much has no competition when it comes to a Wario newcomer. Though, like many cases before (namely, Goroh and Porky), she's fighting over an unlikely spot.
Want: 16% - I would really like to see a new Wario rep. Again, if Waluigi doesn't count, I'd be conformed with Ashley. Though, I'd prefer to see Lip when it comes to wand users.

You Imbe-Sylveon
Prediction: 2.45% - I swear, if she beats Meowth in chance, there'll be a gruesome carnage.

Nominations
What does K. Rool do when he needs to stop being silly?
HE PUTS HIS THINKING (Su) KAP ON!

I'm sorry.

(Sukapon x5)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ashley's chances: 10% - I doubt a Wario newcomer, but she's one of the more likely characters from the series.
Want: 60%

Sylveon prediction: 2%

Andy x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ashley
Chance: 4% - I do not think Wario ware will get a second rep. Wario is the standout star of the series.
Want: 21% - As adorable as she is, I would be disappointed if she got in ahead of better characters.

Sylveon prediction: 2%

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Ashley: 0.25%
Does Warioware even need another rep?

Want: 1%
I always liked 9-Volt better.

Sylveon prediction: 3.75%

Nominate:
Prince Sable x2
Lucina x3

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ashley

Chance - 0.5% - Wario isn't likely to get another character. Even then, I kinda think others are more likely than her. I'm willing to bet that she'd be an Assist Trophy rather than playable.

Want - 30% - If I wanted a witch, I'd take Kamek (or wizard, in this case). If I wanted Wario-Ware representation, I'd take Mona. I'm not too sure I'd want another Wario character, either.

Sylveon Prediction - 3.2% - Barely better than Geno.

Nominat- hey, wait a minute!

How did Ephraim already catch-up with Anna? *rereads thread*

Jaytalks, thank you for not wasting a day for us matching up.

Regardless, this now gives me the right to say...

Anna X5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Welp, missed a day. I would've given Dixe Kong 0% want and 69% chance :awesome:
Ashley: 7% well Wario could get another rep but there are plenty of characters to choose from so Ashley isn't even the completely obvious choice
Want: 60% I like her theme song =D
Sylveon: 5.4% Well I'm sure the like 2 people that kept nominating her might give her a highish score...
Nomination:
Omastar x2
Bulborb x2
Hmmm I might need another troll nomination once I lose Omastar... Well whatever I'll give that last nom to Omastar (so 3x Omastar)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ashley: 0%
I need to see more newcomers before I can give a better percentage. Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man and Villager have move sets directly made from their abilities in game, where as you'd have to make one up for Ashley. Not that it's a bad thing, but I need to see a newcomer that has a madeup moveset before changing this score.

Want: 0%
Furious Enraged and whatever that third speech is for Ghirahim

Predicting: 6% for Sylveon

Nomz: 5x Toon Zelda/Tetra

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
How 'bout Jealous Bass?
Well I've never played Mother 3 and that's not going to change until I beat Earthbound (for reference I just exited that desert with the dungeon man and stuff and JUST entered some swamp place) but quick question, is there any way to get mother 3 other then ROMs or whatever? (even if there isn't I guess I'm willing to try and get it)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Ashley

Chance:
7%
I don't think she's really likely at all.

Want:
50%

Slyveon prediction; 2.7%

Noms:
Ephraim x5
#EphraimVs.Anna2013

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well I've never played Mother 3 and that's not going to change until I beat Earthbound (for reference I just exited that desert with the dungeon man and stuff and JUST entered some swamp place) but quick question, is there any way to get mother 3 other then ROMs or whatever? (even if there isn't I guess I'm willing to try and get it)
Unless you live in Japan, no.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Yeah I thought as much. Oh well, it's not illegal if you don't get caught >:3
That's the spirit! Lol.

Anyhoo, I guess I'll just go ahead and collaborate with the music again.
Wario Land 4 - Mystic Lake
Wario Land 4 - Crescent Moon Village
Wario World - Pecan Sands
Wario: Master of Disguise - Sweatmore Peak
Wario: Master of Disguise - Terrormisu
WarioWare: Touched! - Ashley's Song (Brawl)

Don't know that much about Wario Ware, so maybe I missed something.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ashley:
Likelihood: 8%
A WarioWare rep is REALLY unlikely, probably more so than a Mother newcomer. And there is too much competition among the WarioWare characters, as there is no clear lead. She is the most popular WarioWare character in Japan though, which might help her chances.

Want: 90%
I would definitely enjoy her inclusion, though I admit that there are a good number of more deserving characters.

Sylveon prediction: 8%

Fawful x 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ashley:
Likelihood: 8%
A WarioWare rep is REALLY unlikely, probably more so than a Mother newcomer. And there is too much competition among the WarioWare characters, as there is no clear lead. She is the most popular WarioWare character in Japan though, which might help her chances.

Want: 90%
I would definitely enjoy her inclusion, though I admit that there are a good number of more deserving characters.

Sylveon prediction: 8%

Fawful x 5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Liklihood: 8%
Want: 51% Never played the games but her theme song...

Sylveon: 4%

Wolf x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Ashley chance 10% want 70%

She's a cool character but I wouldn't expect her to show up because a Wario newcomer seems unlikely to me, but if there were one she'd be one of the better characters to pick from.

Forde

Smash Cadet
Ashley
Chances 15% Meh, not much to say.

Want 10% Same as above.

Sylveon: 7%

Cloud Strife x5

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Ashley:
Likelihood: 2% With a roster this small, there is almost 0 hope that WarioWare will get another rep. She also doesn't seem like a better choice for a Wario rep when compared to some other candidates.
Want: 0% Jimmy T. or bust.

Sylveon: 1%

Sukapon x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ashley:
Warioware's most likely newcomer, but does warioware deserve a newcomer over the many many other game people are asking for?

Chance: 1%
Yeah, No! The competition for inclusion is tough in this game, and Ashley just doesn't make the grade. Warioware's cool and all, and is a great way to show off hardware, but Wario having his Warioware outfit as default is enough of a nod to that, and arguable urination on the Wario Land series (Why no shoulder charge?).

Want: 15%
Again, she has move set potential and would probably be fun to play, but I've no real interest in her, and would far prefer the slot to go to someone else.

Sylveon: 0.9%
As Muh Relevant as she is, she's too new for serious consideration in smash. Plus Shoko-Tan would cry if she had to beat up a Sylveon in a fighting game, and no-one wants that, do they?!

Tails*2.5
Knuckles*2.5

Sorru, but I don't see them getting in without each other, they're the Spock and McCoy of the sonic series; they come as a team (though not in the ice climber way, just that they'd both be in.) In fact if other people agree I'd like to start a movement to combine their nomination totals and vote them on the same day?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Ashley

Chance: 11% - Eh, it could happen.

Want: 50% - I'm more neutral than anything but I suppose she could add some charm to the roster.

Sylveon Prediction: 16% - I'm in the dark when it comes to this pokemon so this is a blind guess.

Nominations:
Ephraim x2
Anna x2
Anthony Higgs x1

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ashley
Chance: 5%
Ashley is probably the dark horse fan favourite from the Warioware series, but I can't see that increasing her chances. Jimmy T and Mona seem to be Wario's second in commands for that game, and Kat and Ana have been Assist Trophies. She can perform magic, which is a nice bonus and gives her great support for movesets, but she's just one face amongst many Warioware candidates and has a lot of competition for a secondary Wario rep slot in general competeing not only with her fellow Warioware employees, but also Captain Syrup and arguably Waluigi(who isn't really a Wario character, but hey), who is more popular.
We also have some magic users in the form of Zelda, and if she gets in Palutena. Add to that Wario doesn't exactly require a secondary rep, and we have a few reasons Ashley's chances are low.

Want: 3%
Wario, I feel, represents Warioware better than any other character from the franchise could; with his quirky movement, wacky animations and bizarre fighting style he sums the enjoyable series up very well.If we were to go for a secondary Wario rep, I'd prefer Captain Syrup to help represent the Warioland side of things. She's also a 'female rep' and a 'villain rep' so if these things matter to people, she'd be killing two birds with one slot.

Sylveon: 5%
I have the feeling Sylveon is probably the most popular 6th gen rep at current that isn't a mega form. However most are satisfied with Brawl 4 and Mewtwo, so she won't score highly.

Nominations:
Andy(Advance Wars) X 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom