• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Claus (because if you haven't played it yet, you're probably not going to, and this name is shorter).

Likelihood: 8%
It's rather unlikely we'll get another Mother character, and even then, I feel Porky stands a better shot.

Want: 50%
That being said...

Predicting a 7.68% for Vaati.

Nominating Falco x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Masked Man:

Chance: 1%
A 3rd Mother character is extremely unlikely, and I believe Porky has a better chance. He's not even the most requested Mother character in Japan (which is Kumatora.)

Want: 55%
I'll be happy to see another Mother character, but I'd MUCH rather see Porky.

Vaati prediction: 10%

Nominations: Primid x 5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Masked Man: 7% One of the few popular and possible villains from the mother series though it's very unlikely we don't get 3 Mother reps.
Want: 87% Interesting back story and cool amalgamation of different things.

Vaati: 16%

Nom:
3x impa
2x sonic

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Masked Man likelihood: 5%
want: 50%

Vaati: 2.5%

nominations:
Majora's Mask Link (Deku, Goron, and Zora transformations) x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Sakurai said:
Every time, you know, I try to the point where I think I can't go on any longer. For example, I think pretty much the limit when it comes to creating characters for a Smash Bros. is about 20, counting those from older games. We remake them completely each time, after all, and the teams and personnel and specs are all different. But we all go beyond what the work calls for because we want to do our best to retain fans of each character.
Well, it looks as though we may all be a bit too optimistic for the roster size this time around. Twenty characters is pretty much the limit for the roster size... probably with a few extras thrown in because the development team loves us.

I knew something was up with the Karate Joe nominations.
Yup, you haven't been the only one recently. I've been adding ten to his count everyday. :p

Also on that topic... Mega Evolutions ****ing suck -_-
Eh... I don't really like the majority of them. Absol's is pretty sweet though, and Mewtwo's is good (though not as cool as his classic look). But oh my gosh what in Demise's name did they do to my Blaziken?

will this mega form be allowed for a nomination? not going to nominate him just wondering.
Mega formes are technically the same Pokemon. Just renominate Lucario when he comes up for nominations again.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Masked Man (Mother)
9.43% chance
42.00% want

The Masked Man narrowly defeated yesterday's competitor, Simon Belmont, in terms of chance. Unfortunately, he also narrowly lost in terms of want.

Death approcaches on the wind today; Vaati the Wind Sage is our contestant. Please leave your chance and want on Vaati today.

Finally, please predict how Saki will do in tomorrow's game. He's been a big name in recent years, but seems to be sputtering to the finish line. Yams, Primid, BlitznBurst, and Good Guy Giygas win extra nominations for their Masked Man predictions.

Finally, I have the honor of announcing that Krystal has been added to the nominations list once more. Currently, Ridley is over half of the way towards his revote; the others appear to be struggling to gain support.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Vaati Chance: 1% He ain't making it in, get over it
Vaati Want: 0% We really don't need him, and LoZ is fine with the Trifirce Trio as it is

Saki Prediction: 25% I dunno how people will react but my guess is the ignorance of the existence of Saki will bring the percent down a knotch

Nominations: x5 Starfy

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Alright! First time in a while!!

Vaati Prediction: 18%
Meh. He's definitely the second most important villain, and an important character in the Zelda series, but I don't know. He is not likely. I find Impa, Tingle, and either Tetra or Toon Zelda are more likely.

I'm indifferent. While I want a Zelda newcomer, Id want others over him.

Saki: 64%

Nominations:
Umm, I guess ill give my five to Ridley?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Vaati time!

Likelihood: 5%
I think he really missed his chance, and I doubt we'll be getting a Zelda newcomer.

Want: 0%
Nah.

Predicting a 43% for Saki

Nominating Falco x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Vaati
Likelihood: 27% - A somewhat likely candidate, but not by along shot. I think the LoZ series is already complete.
Want: 75% - I'd like to play as him, but he's nowhere near my most wanted.

Saki
Prediction: 45% - A popular choice by many, but with a grand number of people that have no idea who he is.

Nominations
Lip (x4)
Genesect (x1)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Vaati:

Likelihood: 0% - I'm just not seeing it happen. I'm not a believer in a new Zelda rep, and even if there is a new Zelda rep Vaati lies behind a bunch of others.

Want: 0% - Meh, no.

First double 0 I've given btw.

Saki Prediction: 15%

Nominations:
5x Ridley

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Vaati

Chance: 10%
Want: 20%

Not my favorite choice for a Zelda newcomer. But would like to see him get back in the main series. He's sort of Zelda's second most important villain as of now, even though that doesn't mean too much... Liked him in Minish Cap, but don't see him as likely at all, or would want him as a fighter. If anything, Ghirahim would probably be added as a second Zelda villain.

Impa x 5

Shame I missed the Masked Man yesterday though... Would give him a big, fat 85% in want at least.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Vaati
Likelihood: 5%
Toon Link needs to return for him to even have a chance and even then there are better picks for Zelda reps.

Want: 5%
I wouldn't be mad if he made it, but again I think there are better characters to choose from.

Saki
Prediction: 78%
as far as chances go Saki should definitely be in the top ten if not the top five most likely characters for this game!

Nominations:
Ridley x2
Majora's Mask Link x3

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Vaati:
Chance: 2%
I can't see it happening for him now. He also has a few factors that need confirming before his chance rises; is Toon Link back being the biggest one. He's important to the Toon games, but sadly the Wind Waker remake does nothing to boost his chances; since he's not going to be in the latest toon Zelda game/remake/whatever.

Want: 15%
Four Swords Adventures was a game I played with my friends a lot, so Vaati has a personal spot in my nostalgia heart. I wouldn't be disappointed if he wasn't included however, as I still recognise Ganondorf to be the far more important villain of the Zelda series and Vaati being in only two to three games.

Saki: 49%
Saki's popular, and one of the Assist Trophies most requested to be playable(although I think Isaac dwarves him).

Nominating:
Meowth X 3
Duck Hunt Dog X 2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Vaati want ratings above make me sad. Anyways...,

Vaati:
Likelihood: 7%
I'm probably being a bit generous here. Vaati would have been a fine Zelda addition in Brawl (perhaps even better that Toon Zelda/Tetra), as he had appeared in three games, all released between Melee and Brawl. He missed the boat... pretty badly.

Want: 95%
I simply love the character, and would really enjoy his inclusion.

Saki prediction: 20%

Nominations: Sheik x 5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Vaati

Chance: 10% - I could see it happening, but he's got a lot of competition.

Want: 20% - Meh. I never understood the big deal about this guy during the Brawl days. Upon a bit of research, however, I found out he's actually a pretty powerful adversary for Toon Link. Still, I think that the Triforce Trio and an extra Link are enough.

Saki Prediction: 38% - People don't talk about him as much as Isaac or Shulk so I don't think he will do that well.

Nominations:
Sonic x5

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
VAATI
Chance: 25%
Not too unlikely, but yeah, competition, not to mention Sakurai is clearly going for unrepped IPs. (Wii Fit, AC, Pilotwings) so I don't think he'll be in the priority list.
Toon Link made it in for quick-clone status-filler, and at this point, tradition of a kid Link.

Want: 2%
I don't dislike him. I don't know much about him. He seems unique. But I would prefer characters from non-popular games started getting in more. Zelda is more than fine with the Triforce characters, and the representation of the two versions of Link. Child and adult.

nomination: Mike J. x5
prediction: Saki 40%

D

Deleted member

Vaati
Chance: 6%
Vaati is popular and important to the Zelda franchise. However, I don't think that would be enough to warrant him a spot on the roster. He also missed the boat a while ago to appear in Brawl, so I don't think he will make it this time for SSB4. I think that the main Triforce trio and either another Link or Ghirahim will be getting the spot as the 4th Zelda character. That and I believe his popularity has been dwindling.
Want: 27%
Not a character that I really want. I don't hate him, but I think that there would be other characters, Zelda character or not, that are more deserving than him.
Saki Prediction: 34.7%
Oh boy... this is probably one of the most tricky predictions thus far.
Nominations: Sonic 5x

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Vaati's chances: 5%
Want: 60%

Saki prediction: 60%

Samurai Goroh x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Vaati - 15%
He would be a really excellent transformation villain, and if any series deserves two villains, it's Zelda. Unfortunately for him, Ghirahim is a few times more likely.

predict - 36% (Saki is easily one of the three most likely newcomers we haven't rated yet)

Lip x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Can't say I see much point in rerating anyone right now (at least no one eligible), but at least I'll be able to just copy-paste my old Ridley post if the nominations keep up. It's not like anything has changed since then.

Vaati - 2%
Vaati is interesting simply because he's a recurring Zelda villain, a very small category indeed. We've got Ganon(dorf), Vaati, and...well, that's it, as far as I can remember. Perhaps more importantly, he's also a toon universe villain, which gives him an extra edge should Sakurai want to use a second toon character other than Toon Zelda and/or Tetra. Unfortunately, Minish Cap and the Four Swords games aren't very important compared to most recent Zelda titles, and he hasn't been seen since 2005. It also seems awfully unlikely Vaati would actually be picked over Toon Zelda/Tetra, and that's excluding numerous other potential Zelda newcomers outside of the toon games. Highly doubt it will happen, but I can see him being plausible at least.
Want - 50% - I'd be a bit sad he beat Tetra, but as far as Zelda characters go, Vaati's pretty alright.

Saki - 40%
Very plausible upgrade from assist trophy, and a lot of users here recognize that potential.

Nominations
Sonic x5

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Vaati Chances: 10%
He is a reoccurring Zelda villain, which is saying something however he competes for a possibly non-existent 5th Zelda slot and it could be Impa, Tingle, Toon Zelda/Tetra or Ghirahim.

Vaati Want: 10%
He looks cool, I'd prefer Tetra or Tingle though.

Saki: 45%

Nominations:
Medusa x3
Lip x2

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Vaati: 15% As it stands there's not way hes going to rep zelda. The 15% is just in case Sakurai somehow got an early glimpse at the new zelda game which could feature vaati.

want: 40%

saki: I have no idea... 35%?

Nominations:
Robinx5 heaven forbid tharja have more nominations.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Vaati chances: 11%
There's already enough Zelda characters and if there has to be more, I don't see Vaati making it in the roster. Personally I think Groose even has a better chance.

Vaati want: 50%
I think the only reason I would want Vaati would be his final smash.

Saki prediction: 48.8%

Anthony Higgs x5

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Masked Man:

A 3rd Mother character is extremely unlikely, and I believe Porky has a better chance. He's not even the most requested Mother character in Japan (which is Kumatora.)

Want: 55%
I'll be happy to see another Mother character, but I'd MUCH rather see Porky.

Vaati prediction: 10%

Nominations: Primid x 5
Brief off topic comment: I'm not sure if you've recently been promoted to mod or if you only recently decided to use the banner. Regardless, this makes perfect sense to me.

Vaati Chance: 5% If we're going to get another Zelda Villain she is it. I know Ghirmahim and Demise are both popular these days, but they still only have one appearance each to date. They just feel to flavor of the week-ish. The trouble is Zelda is already such a well represented franchise, and even if we were to get another rep Vaati has some feirce competition from Toon Zelda.

Want: 85% I want this to happen. I am a Vaati fan. I am a villain fan. I am a Zelda fan. And I am a magic user in Smash games fan. So yeah, this would be great. The only reason I don't want her more, is because there are others whom I want more. Mostly because I'd argue said peeps are more worthy.

Saki Prediction: 40% He has the same name as an alcoholic beverage and people seem to think he'll do well here, so he'll probably do well here.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Chance: 7%
Want: 30% I should get into LoZ more I have only a vague idea of who this is

Saki: 43.8%

Nomz: Wait can I nominate omastar yet? XD
Mr. Game and Watch x5

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Vaati

Chances: 5-12%
As a recurring enemy character, I think that Vaati has a chance. He has some popularity, but I feel recent additions to the Zelda franchise added characters that gained larger fanbases and have more of a chance of getting in: Midna and Ghirahim. Also, joke characters such as Tingle and Groose also have a bit of a following - Tingle has a larger chance than any of them I suppose (he's been featured in SSB since Melee and he has his own spin-off series.)

Want: 15-20%
I'm certainly up for any new Zelda rep that changes the formula at this point - Toon Link hardly shook things up in Brawl. Vaati has pretty good potential what with his "Wind Mage" status. I would personally rather Ghirahim as a second playable Zelda enemy as I find him a bit more interesting. I would also accept Midna as the "5th" Zelda rep, because I certainly prefer her character to Vaati's (probably even Ghirahim's).

Vaati Chance: 5% If we're going to get another Zelda Villain she is it.
The only reason I don't want her more...
Vaati is a guy.

...Right? I'm like 94% certain Vaati is male.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Vaati:

The Nemesis of the Four Swords, and a great inclusion if they decide to make Toon Link, 4-Swords Link, but given the four swords games are all two consoles old at this point I don't see it likely, instead WW/PH/ST link would stay if he appears in the game at all. Honestly, the chances are small to nil, as cool as Vaati is in those games. Moreover he's been in 3 games (4 if you subscribe to DeathI theory).

Want: 0%
I want him as a boss, or assist trophy; I think he'd be great as either of these, but as a character he'd be lacking. He's best known as the DeathI form anyway, and his human form's abilities are deeply under-developed, making his final smash be one of the only recognisable parts of his move set.

Saki: 47%
I see him doing great in the want side, but some people will be put off by his assist trophy status in brawl, thinking he'll stay that way in 4. Not to say I disagree with this, thus my primary support being for Isa, but Saki is the more popular character, so I see him getting the higher grade on that. I would prefer that jet pack though, it'd make a more interesting character IMHO.

Slime*5
(Finally top 10 on newcomers list! Slime to plop open a bottle of blubbly and celebrate!)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Vaati prediction - 0.5%

Considering vaati appears in a game in which toon link appears in...and it's looking unlikely that toon link will be playable. Vaati's chances look incredibly poor to me.

Want - 3%

I don't strongly remember his abilities and he was a short lived villain. I would rather have Midna or Ghirahim right now.

Saki prediction - 52%

Noms:

Chibi robo x2
Robin x2
Isaac x1

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
likely hood 0%
if this happens im a unicorn who is a cannibal that eats people

want 0%
nooo I hated toon link I want no more link clones

Forde

Smash Cadet
Vaati:

Chances: 35%
He has a decent chance as being a multi game hero.

He's my 2nd most wanted Zelda newcomer, aside from Demise, so it would be cool to see him be in the game. Especially if they bring back Toon Link.

Saki: 40%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
likely hood 0%
if this happens im a unicorn who is a cannibal that eats people
There's something contradictory here. You can't be a cannibal unicorn if you eat people, but only if you eat other unic-

OOOOH, I see what you're saying. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom