• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Tikiwiki: 1.75%
On par with Anna, I guess.

Want: 60%
She was one of my favorite characters in Shadow Dragon, which was the first FE game I played, and I married her in Awakening as soon as it was possible to do so, so my want score may be a little skewed.

Zoroark: 0.5%
If it disguises itself as a different character, maybe.

Want: 1%

Nominate:
Different Assist Trophies in 3DS and Wii U Versions x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Tiki
I don't know much about her, but it seems like she'd be based on a transformation moveset, or at least that's why she's getting credit for "uniqueness".

We already have transformation characters and they're about twice as much work. Yes, they're more unique due to the transformation, but otherwise the two halves kinda count like two characters and are judged somewhat on that basis, which kinda dilutes that benefit.

Personally, I don't think Fire Emblem is getting two newcomers, and a transformation character is kinda like that. She's also less likely than starring characters. Intelligent Systems has some say in who gets in, and like Pokemon, they seem to prefer to pick based on promoting the series, rather than pleasing big fans who are familiar with every character. Fire Emblem doesn't have a shortage of leading characters, and so I think you need a stronger argument than "s/he'd be cool" to think that a recurring character is getting over a main character.

Tiki chances: 2.3%
Tiki want: 30%
I would be more neutral if she weren't a transformation character who'd be taking up time and effort that could've been spent on another non-FE character.

Zoroark
The signature mechanic does not translate to Smash, and she might've missed her movie-promotion window just by a bit. Mewtwo is stealing her thunder. And there are other choices...

Zoroark chances: 5%
Zoroark want: 50%
I don't care that much about the Pokemon, the ones I like are veterans.

Predictions:
N: 0.5%
All popular characters: 3%
Not expecting a lot of optimism.

Nominations:
Mii x5

Apparently nobody has nominated Mii for a re-rate. With the addition of the Find Mii and Tomodachi stages combined with the Pilotwings/Wuhu stage, I think there's some reason to revisit the topic.

What exactly happened in the past few months that made people start liking Lip so much?
Probably a change in raters. Last time she was rated was a long time ago, and I've noticed a few of the newer participants are fairly... generous.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Tikiwiki
Chances: 3% While she is notable for being a character that recurs the second most excluding Spotpass and has some importance everytime she appears, she's never the main character and unfortunately in a franchise that shuffles out its main stars that means those stars are the ones that get the most attention and priority. So that means that while she is a more notable character, it's not enough to get in over the Lords.
Want: 75% I love her character in the games she's in and she'd be a very unique addition I'd imagine.

Zoroark
Chances: 5% Poor Zoroark, these past few years have been a complete fall from grace for it. It didn't take off so GF pretty much put it to the side for old favorites, it's popularity in terms of requests started to fade with B2W2 and quickly plummeted with Mega Mewtwo Y's appearance and the XY reveal, and it doesn't really have the same prominence as the Brawl Pokémon and Mewtwo. It does have uniqueness potentially going for it along with at least being in the spotlight for a time, but without the other factors it's a huge uphill battle for it to fight if it ever wants to become playable in Smash, and it doesn't look like it'll pull the victory.
Want: 5% It could be a unique fighter, but it's not a Pokémon I really care about.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Abstaining from Tiki. I haven't played any Fire Emblem games.

Zoroark - 5%

It has a bit of potential, yes, but it's time of popularity has faded greatly overtime. Now that we know Lucario is in, it has to compete with Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo. (Jigglypuff is a shoo-in. I refuse to believe that she has any chance of getting cut) Mewtwo is absolutely huge right now, heavily promoted and the most requested character for Smash 4 worldwide.

And Pokemon Trainer is three characters in one, all of whom are unique and popular. Can't see a three in one getting cut for another character either.

Want - 80%

I am interested in seeing a playable Zoroark, but as long as we get Brawl+Mewtwo in term of Pokemon characters first.

N Prediction - 0.5%

All popular Newcomer candidates prediction - 7.03%

Spyro x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tiki:
Likekihood: 2%
I don't think she's likely as the competition is just too fierce. Marth, Ike, Chrom, Roy and possibly Lyn are more popular and likely. It's unfortunate but lords seem to be the only viable candidates for inclusion.

Want: 30%
I'll be honest. I want her as an assist trophy where she turns into a dragon and sets the stage ablaze.

Zoroark:
Likelihood: 5%
Lucario shot his chances. Badly. GameFreak seems to be ignoring him as well. He didn't even get a mega-evolution.

Want: 0%
Honestly, the multitude of users calling for Lucario to be cut for Zoroark have soured me about his inclusion.

N: 2%
All popular newcomers: 5%

50+ characters x 5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Tiki
Chances: 3%

Simply put she's unlikely to get in over Chrom, Lucina, Robin(The Awakening protagonist trio), Roy(due to Melee popularity pretty much) or Anna(The other reoccurring character, who would be less work to make), despite being able to transform into a dragon and that reoccurring status of hers.

Want: 20%
I can see the appeal, but I'm personally backing Robin for a unique Fire Emblem individual or Roy if I must have a lord with a sword.

Zoroark
Chances: 5%

Gen 5. We're on Gen 6. Zoroark unlike Lucario isn't still being used as promotion. No longer prevalent in the anime even due to the amount of movies in between Zoroarks and now.

Want: 2%
Do not want. I just can't see how an illusion based moveset would be balanced. It's either going to be:

1.) Useless: transform into opponent, totally worthless in 1 Vs. 1 and best you can hope is your opponent accidentally kills themselves...but the same could happen to you.

2.) Overpowered: Making the hitboxes of the character and attacks different so even if the opponent tries to dodge they could end up being hit. Broken.

I just don't see how this can work in a useful and well balanced.

Predictions:
N:
0.6%

All Popular Newcomers: 9%
What's the cut off point on this one? Regardless I can't see us getting all of Smashboards favourites.

Nominations:
5 X 50+ characters

D

Deleted member

Abstaining from Tiki.

Zoroark

Chance: 5%

Honestly, I don't think Zoroark has that much of a chance of being playable anymore since its no longer Gen V & unlike Lucario isn't really being used as much in marketing. Also the fact that Lucario has returned & Mewtwo could be back, I just don't see a Pokemon newcomer likely especially Zoroark.

I see it as a Pokeball at best

Not very sold on him joining SSB4.

Nominate: Peppy Hare x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Groose

Smash Champion
OK OK OK OK OK OK

I think we need to have a bonus round of Rate their Chances to be revealed at the NIntendo Direct. But maybe that's just the hype talking.
I was planning a "Week of Review" before E3. However, because I am riding the hype train, I want to have it from tonight into Tuesday instead. Any objections?

Anyway, Zoroark has about 12-14 hours left. When that time is up, we're going into review week unless if I hear an outcry. When the Smash Direct is through, THEN we'll be locking this thread and opening the new one. I'll ask once more--any objections?

Oh, and did I mention? I'M ON THE HYPE TRAIN! I'M READY TO CRASH AND BURN, I NEVER LEARN![/quote]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks like we might have to do another Satisfaction day!
Also, poor Lupus.
Tiki and Zoroark have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Zoroark before, check to see what you said on its day!

Tiki
Chance:
Abstain

I dunno, so I'll sit this one out.
If you are from Fire Emblem and your name isn't Marth or Ike, I don't care about you.

Zoroark
Chance:
10%

Oh the mighty have fallen.
I gave it a 41% chance before. I definitely don't agree with that here.
Zoroark was really just an expected Pokemon and I believe that it has the best shot at representing Gen V. Despite this, Zoroark is really a failed mascot; it failed to follow in Lucario's footsteps. Speaking of Lucario, it got confirmed. One of the biggest hopes for Zoroark was that Lucario gets cut and Zoroark gets added. Since Lucario is confirmed now, this isn't going to happen. It also doesn't help Zoroark that it now has to compete against Mewtwo, the most requested character worldwide.
I can't see Zoroark get added unless Pokemon gets 6 reps. If there is a 5th, it's going to Mewtwo. However, I doubt Pokemon will get 6 characters before Mario does. For now, I can't see Zoroark get in Smash.
Want: 20%
I guess there can be something cool that can be done with Illusion. Though, I am not really invested.

N Prediction: .14%
Hahaha! It's ironic how today we are rating his prized Pokemon and tomorrow we are rating him. :p
He is going to get miserable scores. N isn't going to cut Red just to get in. Even then, I doubt N will get in before Blue does.
All Popular Newcomers Prediction: .91%
Umm... define this please?
I can imagine want being high, but having every single newcomer that everyone wants is a pipe-dream.

Hey! I got some extra nominations!
Hmm... I am gonna hold off on Wario Land Wario for now. With that Direct coming close, I can see a ton of veterans getting revealed... and he is one of them.
So... let's nominate...
Nominations: Prince Fluff 10x
I can't believe this guy wasn't rated.

Smady

Smash Master
Tiki

1% Chance:
This is simply because of the competition in Fire Emblem. It's a series a lot like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy where the main characters change with every new game, but this is the one time in Smash Bros where the new protagonist always gets a rep. If not Chrom, it may be Robin or Lucina. Tiki is very unlikely no matter how often she re-occurs in the games, compared to the protagonists.

50% Want: I don't dislike Tiki, but there are others from Awakening I'd like to see first. It has dozens of characters so there are many options, every player would naturally have a unique preference. Personally I'm not too fond of the idea of a huge dragon transformation when the human form isn't that interesting. Although the dragon part is, obviously, pretty amazing to imagine.

Zoroark

5% Chance:
A long way off from years ago when it was the shiny new thing. Zoroark failing to launch and the bombing of other attempts to create new aspects in Pokemon is likely why it has become so focused on nostalgia lately. The Pokemon has the unfortunate stigma of being attached to that whole sentiment at Game Freak. I have seen and I believe Sakurai would make a competent, very unique set for him, that's his best bet.

60% Want: I'm entirely for it because I've seen a moveset for the character that was good and it gave me some belief it could have a fun moveset. I have absolutely no attachment to Pokemon beyond the first generation as far as Smash Bros representation goes, partially because past that for remotely likely reps you have what, Lucario and... Mewtwo XYZ. The series is currently imploding, absolutely at the wrong time for a new rep.

N Prediction: 0.4%
It's a trainer set that can have very fun Pokemon but it's against Red and gen five is old news.
All Popular Newcomers Prediction: 2%
I'm waiting on BluePikmin to define what he meant, although by the sounds of it, I can't see it being possible let alone likely.

Doctor Lobe x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Tiki:

Chance: 15%
I'm not sure if you guys understand that Tiki is more important than the majority of the Fire Emblem candidates we've had so far. I'd argue that she has more of a chance than both Anna and Lyn.

Let me quote the overview of her from the Fire Emblem wiki:
Born on February 28th, 500 years before the start of the Akaneian Calender, Tiki is the Princess of the Divine Dragon tribe, and daughter of Naga. The power that she wields is one that is said to be so tremendous, to the point where if she were to degenerate, the humans residing within the continent of Akaneia would be eradicated. While the Binding Shield is supposed to prevent this, it is, however, stolen and broken apart by Adrah. In a desperate bid to shield the human race from the instability of Tiki's power, Naga makes the decision to send Tiki into a state of eternal slumber to suppress her power. Naga then, prior to her eventual passing, issues orders forGotoh to watch over Tiki, and in the event that the shield is not restored, Tiki should be destroyed. Eons after this takes place, an old Manakete named Bantu takes pity on Tiki's plight and awakens her, and proceeds to introduce her into the realm of human civilisation, where he works tirelessly to care for her. This time of bliss proves to be transient, as the pair is later separated. Shortly after their separation, Tiki is captured and brainwashed by Gharnef, and is compelled to fight against Marth. Bantu succeeds in urging her to snap out of her trance, whereupon she resolves to join Marth's cause, with the jubilant eagerness that she displays in doing so possibly functioning as an indication of her having grown infatuated with him. The remainder of the war sees Tiki becoming acquainted with Xane, an individual who constantly frustrates her by imitating her actions. It is later revealed that Xane is an agent of Gotoh, sent to Tiki with the express purpose of protecting her.

After the War of Darkness concludes, Gotoh's attention is brought to the alarming revelation that an increasing number of Manaketes are slowly falling into madness. Fearing that Tiki will takes after her counterparts, he hurriedly takes Tiki to the Ice Dragon Temple, where he returns her to a state of deep slumber. This proves to be a double-edged sword, as his doing so essentially causes Tiki to be tormented by constant nightmares of her turning feral. Eventually, Gotoh entrusts her safety to Marth after he procures the Lightsphere, a relic that allows Tiki to freely cohabit with humans. The conclusion of the War of Heroes sees Tiki eventually taking up residence in Pales.
Tiki returns 2,000 years later as a priestess of Naga in Valm, where she is reverentially known as the "Voice of the Divine Dragon", a being who is believed to be able to resonate with Naga and convey her blessings unto the common citizenry. Tiki resides in the Mila Tree, where she, prior to the events of Awakening, has kept safeguarded the blue gem of the Fire Emblem, Azure, for millennia, ever since the point in time where the gems were distributed.

Tiki is first introduced in the events of Awakening in Chapter 16, where she, upon rousing from her slumber and setting eyes on Lucina, mistakes her for Marth, and thereafter affectionately refers to her as "Mar-Mar". Lucina then clarifies the truth of her identity, compelling Tiki to stand corrected, whereupon she briefly forlornly reminisces over the long-deceased Marth. Quickly snapping out of her reverie, Tiki then proceeds to ask Chrom if he has the Fire Emblem in his possession. Upon being presented with the Fire Emblem, she questions the whereabouts of the Gemstones, save for Argent and Azure. Receiving confusion in response to her remark, Tiki then explains that each one of the Gemstones is infused with a portion of Naga's power, and when mounted on the appropriate alcoves on the Fire Emblem, grants its wielder the ability to perform the rite of Awakening that is required to vanquish Grima. She then goes on to explain that this very fact has resulted in the Gemstones being deliberately removed from the shield and dispersed, before entrusting Azure into Chrom's care and assigning him the task of locating the three remaining Gemstones. Just as Chrom's party is about to depart to begin their search for the remaining Gemstones, Tiki, upon sensing the fell energies of Grima manifesting within the Avatar's core, halts him/her in his/her tracks, faintly remarking that he/she possesses a power that resembles hers. As the Avatar responds in incredulity, Tiki hurriedly recomposes herself, passing off her words as nothing more than ones that are articulated without given due thought as a result of her grogginess from waking up. She decides to remain in the Mila Tree in the meantime.

Tiki later reappears in Paralogue 17, where she, entering the realm of the hallowed Divine Dragon Grounds, prepares to perform a ritual in order to awaken the powers of Naga residing within her. Requiring her to lapse into a resolute state of meditative immobility, her attempt to do so is, however, one that is beset with threat, as a hoard of Risen soldiers appear with the intent of assassinating her. The threat is contained with the aid of Say'ri, Chrom, and the Avatar's efforts, allowing Tiki to complete the ritual. Upon regaining her vigour, Tiki enlists into the ranks of Chrom's army, resolving to defeat Grima. Alternatively, if Tiki is slain, the ritual will end in failure, rendering her incapable of being recruited.

After the war ends, Tiki returns to the Divine Dragon Grounds, where she sleeps for several days. The life that she thereafter leads is one that is marked by her paying frequent visits to the humans inhabiting the nearby settlements.
[collapse=Spoilers for Fire Emblem Awakening DLC]
Tiki plays a pivotal role in motivating the events of the Future Past DLC episodes, where she is first introduced at the end of the first Future Past episode. In response to Lucina's surprise at her appearing in the basement of Ylisstol instead of Mount Prism, she reveals that the mountain has been conquered by the Risen. She then proceeds to question the whereabouts of the other children characters, and, although vexed upon learning that they had been sent on the perilous mission to retrieve the Gemstones, expresses understanding over Lucina's intent of saving the world by means of performing the Awakening. While in the midst of encouraging Lucina to have faith in the children's survival, Tiki suddenly senses the manifestation of a malicious force within the room. Swiftly responding by pushing Lucina out of harm's way, she is fatally wounded in the process.

The horrific proceedings continue after the conclusion of The Future Past 2, where Tiki, in her death throes, urges Lucina to do all she can within her power to save the world from ruin. She then expires, leaving Lucina to howl in agony and grief.

The significance of Tiki's role does not end on this note, however. At the end of The Future Past 3, after the destitute future-Avatar overcomes Grima's control over his/her body and successfully warps Chrom's army out of his/her world, the soul of Tiki manifests in the Outrealm Gate. Here, she, by virtue of Naga's counterpart in her world having been overwhelmed by Grima, calmly asserts that she will assume the role of the new Naga in said world instead. Tiki's soul then returns to Ylisstol, where she unveils her new identity and calmly reveals that the continued existence of her soul is entirely attributed to the timely intervention of the Avatar, who had effectively prevented it from being destroyed. She further crushes Grima's hopes by revealing that as a result of him engaging in the sacrilege of the divinity of Mount Prism, he had effectively sealed his doom by compelling Naga's power to be concentrated in Ylisstol instead. Granted the authority to resonate with the performer of the rite of Awakening and thence bequeath the power of Naga unto him/her, Tiki then accepts Lucina's covenant. The true power of Falchion awakened, Lucina proceeds to harness it in administering the final decisive blow onto Grima. After Grima has been obliterated, Tiki sadly informs Lucina that because of her role as the new Naga of their world, she can no longer coexist amongst humans anymore. Promising to watch over Lucina and her companions from the heavens with the Hero King Marth, Tiki then fades away.
[/collapse]

Her roles have always been significant in comparison to Anna's more easter egg like appearances. And she's likely to appear again due to her most recent role, although probably not as a playable character. (DLC Explains)

And Tiki is the epitome of uniqueness for Fire Emblem characters. (She doesn't even require transformations to do it.) If you'd read some of the movesets that have been posted, they're fairly impressive.

...However, she has major competition in the form of Chrom, Robin, and Roy, among others. Ergo only 15% chance.

Want: 100%
I love Tiki. Positively love her. She's among my top five most wanted newcomers period, even earning a spot in my signature.

Zoroark:

Chance: 9%
Mewtwo.

Want: 11%
Eh.

Predictions:
N: .2%
All Popular Newcomers: 1.33%

Nominations: Sheriff x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I wanna get to the important first quickly, sorry for the rush statement on Zoroark, I wasn't expecting a rush announcement of a Direct on Tuesday.

Zoroark Chance: 30% I think some of you guys may be leaning on too much that being an outdated Pokemon will stop Sakurai into considering the illusion making fox. Sakurai does look back into researching movies of Pokemon, and that might be where Zoroark could be considered. Mewtwo would easily represent X and Y, while Zoroark would be a very unique bonus character to represent Black and White, showing how Pokemon is going forward. When it comes to illusions, since she is an illusion fox, he could have powers that make fake projectiles and throw fake versions of himself. She's basically Naruto in a sense, no one has really done it before from the Brawl cast, it might make her inclusion very worth it.

Zoroark Want: 100% Gimme the illusions, it hasn't been done before, and I see lots of potential many don't see.

Also, regarding the All Popular Newcomers, it means that every suggested popular newcomer, such as Bandanna Dee, K. Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Palutena, Isaac make it as playable, no non-popular newcomer in sight.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Tiki
Chance: 1% - I've got to be honest, I don't see her making it as she's only ever had semi-important roles in the series barring the DLC chapters. There are so many more important characters to choose from.
Want: 90% - She would probably be one of my all time favourites.

Zoroark
Chance: 11% - Remember back in the days when everyone thought he was a lock? Well regardless I still think that there is a small window of opportunity for him.
Want: 87% - He's one of the coolest Pokemon ever made.

Predictions
N: 0.1%
All Pops: 0%

Nominations: Shepard x5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Tiki:
Can't Rate

Zoroark:
Chance: 12%
I think we'll get Brawl + Mewtwo, but Zoroark could possibly be the other Pokémon rep.
Want: 55%
I think Zoroark is cool, prefer him over Lucario any day. Could be a really unique character.

Predictions:
N: 0.31
I despise N anyway. . . This is N from Pokémon right?
All Popular Newcomers: 3.57%

Nominations:
Vaati x5

andimidna

Smash Master
So happy to see some of Tiki's want scores! :D
I understand the low chance scores, that's alright, but I respectfully disagree that Lyn is more likely than her. She hasn't been in a new game after Brawl's, where she was only able to earn an AT. She's only one of three lords from her game.
Ike was the more recent and recurring lord than Lyn during Brawls time. So he got the spot. And Roy was such a low priority clone that he got cut. Tiki beats them in recurrence, recency, and uniqueness. They beat her in popularity. Chrom, Lucina, and Robin are definitely more likely. And Anna may be too. But I'm not sure who'd I call the better choice of Roy and Tiki. And despite her story being my favorite, I don't think Lyn beats any of these characters. Tiki has had multiple reasons to be considered after Brawl. That's just my thoughts though.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Tiki:
Chance: 6%
One of the most important non-lords in the series... actually, no scratch that, probably THE most important non-lord protagonist in the series. While some may be more important in specific games (see Micaiah) as an overall Tiki's been important across the series as a whole than anyone without the word Lord in their title... though I'm sure there are some who disagree. The problem is precedent, and the fractured nature of FE, be it across continents or time there's a lord that's important to one bit of History and is the main character of a specific game... If there was only a main Marth storyline in FE Tiki would probably have been in in Brawl, but as is Lords are pretty much the only characters who get a real look in...

Want: 60%
Which is one heck of a shame! Tiki would be interesting, and different... but I don't really like FE enough to hyped that much... would be a little bit though, just because it's new.

Zoroark:
Chance: <0.01%
Pokémon company tells Sakurai the next big thing, not last gen's already dated poster boy.

Waste of time and effort when there are more important Pokémon that could be chosen.

N: 0.08%
N's gimmick is that he fights with pokémon available in the wild around him... that can't exactly be done in smash.

Nonsensical Concept: ABSTAIN
This concept is too vague, and this is coming from the guy who nominated rating the chances of Fatal Frame Representation.

MML3*5
(I don't remember nominating this that much... ooh, I have a helper, thankyou Aqua Rock X !)

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Tiki Chances: 0%. One word: Competition.
Want: 0%. Heavens, please no!
Zoroark Chances: 35%. Now that I gave it more thought, that 65 or whatever was kinda outrageous. He still is (barely) ahead of the other newcomers however, mostly because of dem illusions.
Want: 55%. Would prefer Meowth.
N: 0.4%.
APN: 80.6%.
LORD DOME X3
Impa X2

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Quick rating today, I don't have time to explain right now. May edit this in a bit.

Tiki's chances: 1%
Want: 10%

Zoroark's chances: 5%
Want: 50%

N prediction: 0.15%
APN prediction: 2.04%

Jill x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Tiki Chances: 0%. One word: Competition.
Want: 0%. Heavens, please no!
Zoroark Chances: 60%. Probably the only Pokémon newcomer with a decent chance. That said, Brawl + Mewtwo.
Want: 55%. Would prefer Meowth.
N: 0.4%.
APN: 80.6%.
LORD DOME X3
Impa X2
0? Tiki is deconfirmed? That's certainly news to me.
Leif has the same competition BTW
And Zoroark being more likely than not?
C'mon....

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Tiki - 0.05%
Zoroark - 5%

predict:
N - 1.2%
Other thingy - ...do what now?

nominate:
“X” Protagonist x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I really would like to see some of the reasoning behind giving Tiki less than 1%. It seems like a "I don't know the character, so I'll give it zero" case to me. I'd be happy to hear the reasoning behind it if there is any.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
0? Tiki is deconfirmed? That's certainly news to me.
Leif has the same competition BTW That's certainly news to me. >.> I don't find find him likely either.
And Zoroark being more likely than not? Does he have as much competition as Tiki? Genesect, Mewtwo, Meowth are basically his only competition. Tiki has Chrom, Roy, Lyn, Robin, AND Anna, and that's not even the full list, even if some are only just as likely. I suppose I overrated Zoroark a bit now that I think about it more, but he's certainly not Tiki level of likely.
C'mon....

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Tiki

Chance - 9% - Eh, not very confident in her at all, but a leg up compared to most. While I acnolage that she is the most reoccurring charater in the series, I can't help but feel as if every reason for her inclusion would be dwarfed by Anna. I know Anna beat her in the NA popularity pool (6 vs. 13), having only about half of Anna popularity. (Though she lost to Tiki in Japan, we don't know by how much). I'd also be willing to wager that Anna is more famous than Tiki admist the FE fandom.

Want - 40% - Maybe I'm just a bit jaded against her due to me constantly having to reset Awakening to finally recruit her. Regarless, admitidly none of her abilities really interest me. We already have a dragon on the roster with another likely one coming our way, without much separating her from them. Magic spells interest me less than the elemental swords of the series.

Zoroark

Chance - 5% - Took a nosedive with Lucario's reveal. Now I'm not expecting her all that much.

Want - 38% - Giving it some though, her illusion abilities aren't exactly my cup of tea. I think overly-focusing on mind-games is going to cripple her in the long run.

Prediction

N - 0.13% - Having another Trainer isn't going to happen.

Only Popular Candidates - 36.7% - So, if I'm reading this right, Blue wants to see if from this point onwards we get only characters with lots of requests. We shall see what goes on, but I'm not very confident in a very high rating.

Nominations
Chrom Assist Trophy X5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Tiki

Chance - 25%: Besides the load of wiki and support thread posts before me, the competition for Fire Emblem is a bloodbath! It evokes controversy every time it is mentioned online like some sort of fandom-wide anathema! I'm positive that Chrom is coming in for the only newcomer or second slot. While this happens, a 3rd slot could be up for grabs. The 3rd slot is pretty much wanted for a character who doesn't fit the mold of a sword-wielding lord, but that is uncertain. Consider Robin, Lucina, Anna, Tharja, Roy, and Ike. I pray to Naga that she is high priority for Sakurai, as a Manakete character would make for a very unique moveset.
Want - 95%: Anna and Tiki are on par for 3rd slot with me, although I am in favor of Anna. Both characters have done more for the series than they are credited and have finally come round to having somewhat prominent roles in Awakening. These two elegant ladies have loads of uniqueness and importance that they would be perfect for Smash!

Zoroark

Chance - 27%: I'm still uncertain on who I want as my prime Pokémon newcomer. Zoroark certainly has her merits such as merchandising and movie roles along with the unique Illusion ability. It certainly stirs some creative juice to make a Smash adaptable moveset around that concept, but I'm sure Sakurai and his team can make it work. It would revolve around character disguise and move swapping, mind games, options to allow for unpredictable setups and combos, and maybe even an ability that changes with each stage that spawns items or stage elements to trick the opponent into thinking its real and would end up stunning or causing damage. But players memorize stages and it would have to be made believable. I can imagine it would take a lot of assests to put on one character to, which hurts her further. Otherwise, Lucario already got back in and Mewtwo is highly likely for a return. Both of them promote Gen VI through their Mega Evolutions too!
Want - 50%: Once again, roster buffer. I wouldn't mind seeing her nor do I want her. There's certainly a lot you could do with her character, conventional and special. TBH, I'm sick of the "Gen movie psychic Pokémon" archetype in Smash and I want someone closer to Jigglypuff, as in just a standard Pokémon that has something for them to stand out from the rest.

Predictions

N - 20%: Just another plot-centric trainer who had his day. Assuming he's a Pokémon Trainer-style character, the Pokémon he would use besides Zoroark blow.
All Popular Newcomers - 75%: If what BluePikmin11 means as all 10 of chance and want, that's pretty mixed for me. Count me in for Chrom, Palutena, and Ridley! Robin, Bandana Dee, King K. Rool, Dixie, Shulk, Isaac, Bomberman, and Takamaru can come along too. Pac-Man and Mii, to the back of the bus! Not even going to talk about Banjo-Kazooie.

Nominations

Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man: X4
NiGHTS x1

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
TIKI

Chance: 15% - Mostly becuase she's a recurring character that is not a sword wielder. So that puts her in some dubious middle ground between the likes of Marth, Roy, and Ike, and the likes of Yarne and Owain.

Want: 70% - To be honest, I think her full potential could be better explored as an AT. As far as playable character, though, I'd be neutral but she gets an extra 20% because I'm weak to pretty faces like that. >_>

ZOROARK

Chance: 3% - Pretty low

Want: 40% - I'm satisfied with the Brawl veteran pokemon and Mewtwo.

N Prediction: 1.9% - Not really.

All Popular Newcomers Prediction: .2% - Already debunked but some people will be generous.

Nominations
MML3 x5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Tiki: 1.5%
My new FE model gives everyone not named Chrom, Roy, or Lucina a less than 5ish percent chance.
Zoro: 5%
In the off chance Jiggs is cut
Want: 50%
Robin x 5'
N: 1.56%
APNC: 5.67%
Based on general confusion

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Tiki
Abstaining because I don't care about Fire Emblem.

Zoroark
Smash has enough furry characters, thank you very much.

Predictions
N: 1.75%
All Popular Newcomers: 64.72%

Heracross X5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Tiki
Chance: 7.5%
Want: 35%

Im just not as interested in her as Chrom or Robin. Yes she is recurring, yes popularity doesnt truly matter, but I think she is not as recognizable as you may think. Granted thats not the only reason she wont get in, but I feel that characters that will be included in FE will have a huge impact on the story line as a whole, which is why we have gotten nothing but lords thus far. Of course this ctcle can be broken, but I am unsure that Tiki is the one to do as such.

Zoroark
Want: 25%

Other pokemon are a better choice, plain and simple.

N: 0.7%
Popular Newcomers: 46.5%

Nominations:
Tiz x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Tiki
Chance: 7.5%
Want: 35%

Im just not as interested in her as Chrom or Robin. Yes she is recurring, yes popularity doesnt truly matter, but I think she is not as recognizable as you may think. Granted thats not the only reason she wont get in, but I feel that characters that will be included in FE will have a huge impact on the story line as a whole, which is why we have gotten nothing but lords thus far. Of course this ctcle can be broken, but I am unsure that Tiki is the one to do as such.
Now see, this is a perfectly reasonable score. Not likely to happen, but more than possible.

Thank you.

Groose

Smash Champion
Rather... spirited day, eh?
Right. Time to bring it to a close.
Tiki Chance: 30%
Well, I honestly think Anna has a 35% chance, so I'm not.
I think Chrom has an 80%, and Lucina and Robin are 50/50.

Just... how many Fire Emblem characters are you expecting in this game? That alone tells me that you expect four characters, and you didn't even mention other contenders like Roy, a Chrom/Lucina team, or Lyn. If you'd give them respectable chances, too, it would indicate a roster with five Fire Emblem characters.

Personally, I could see the roster having either two or three, with three being more likely by a small yet respectable margin. However, I see very little chance of getting four, and I consider it an impossibility to get five.

That said, it's time to get onto my ratings.

Tiki Chance: 1%
Competition. Pure, unadulterated competition. It is my opinion that Tiki is just completely outmatched and outgunned and doesn't deserve the ratings that people are pushing for today. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe I'll have some crow to eat later, but I really don't care--I have evaluated the evidence, and my analysis has resulted in nearly dismissing Tiki entirely. Yes, I have done my research--over a half hour of it.

Tiki supporters have cited recurrence as one of the powerful reasons for why she should get in, yet I don't think this recurrence is enough to get her a spot. Yes, her role and that of Naga is actually pretty important to the plot of several games, but I still think she pales in comparison to an actual "main character." Someone from the trio of Chrom, Lucina, and Tactician just has a greater relation to the player than does Tiki. Please keep in mind this one essential fact--in Awakening, Tiki can die before you get a chance to recruit her, and it really isn't a big deal. The game moves on. Yet the characters who are the more important ones, the ones that have a solid chance at Smash... they differ from Tiki in this aspect. They are the ones to whom most people have a greater connection.

Tiki supporters also cite that she is popular. I certainly don't see Tiki support all over Smashboards, so I assume you mean that she's popular for her own series. However, is that true? Yes, but only to an extent. Let's take a look at this OFFICIAL poll that was used to determine ACTUAL DLC for the game. Tiki placed a respectable sixth among females, but she's behind the likes of Tactician, Lucina, and probably Chrom. The characters who are more requested for Smash are also more popular in their own series.

So now we must debunk the final argument for the day--her uniqueness makes her the best and most obvious choice for a FE character. This argument, I admit, is something I can't entirely debunk and is the reason why I'm giving her a 1% instead of a zero. Even her uniqueness, however, won't be enough, methinks. She's just so outclassed in importance, popularity, and promotion by the Tactician and especially the Lords that she just doesn't stand a chance unless if the developers somehow have some sort of special plan or attachment to her--and this is something I cannot predict with the evidence I have been given.

Tiki Want: 0%

I'm not a very big Fire Emblem fan at all. Unfortunately, this means that I can't take character personality into my want rating because I really don't know them--and reading a Wiki page just isn't enough to grow attached to someone. All that I have to go on is what they may bring from a gameplay standpoint and the character's design. I'm not a huge fan of Tiki's design, so there is one point against her favor. Secondly, I could see her bringing a unique transformation gimmick--yet while that would be better than a clone or bland swordsman in my book, it wouldn't be a particularly good thing. A lot of work would be needed to make a character who I really don't care about, and that work could be spent on someone I'd prefer that will inevitably fail to make it. In general, I prefer my Villagers and my Warios--characters who are unique and have interesting moves, but don't take an extreme amount of effort--over the more gimmicky Olimars and Rosalinas. In the case of Fire Emblem, I see Tactician as the character who would be different yet not overly complex.

One thing I've said in the past is that I like surprises. This is true. I'd like to see some characters that people don't really expect to get in--I love Villager, and he is likely going to be my main. However, I would amend my statement to say, "I like surprises who are requested and can bring a lot to the table." Now, don't jump over me just yet, as that last bit may have been unclear. For one, Tiki could bring little else but her character--someone from a new series could bring a whole lot more overall content. Also, Tiki is well-liked among FE fans, but isn't really requested for Smash. Before you go and cite what today's want score will turn out to be, I will declare it artificially inflated. People have been told not to give her a 0% want, and many people are abstaining from her altogether because they really don't care about her.

@ andimidna andimidna , it's all well and fine to try to get people to support your character, but I think you're going overboard; you're basically browbeating people into giving Tiki higher scores. You say that a 0% want is basically hating a character and that 50% is indifference, but I disagree. Want ratings have always been subjective, and I've always said that people can use whatever scale they please. The one I suggest on the OP actually has a 0% as "you don't care for this at all" and 50% as "part of you would like this, but part of you wouldn't like this." Well, I personally don't care at all, and I can see no way that I would really like it, so I'll give a 0%. Granted, this may change when I see gameplay and become adjusted to the character; I didn't want Rosalina beforehand and now think she'll be a pretty cool character.

The score I actually see as more important for us all to be on the same page for is the chance score. This game is all about rating chances, so we have to strive for doing that as well as we can. However, as I pointed out beforehand, your chance scores equate to expecting four or even five Fire Emblem characters playable. I speak not as the manager of this game but as another player when I say that I don't think you should be pushing everyone to rate the character higher when your ratings for the series as a whole seem almost ludicrously high. @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 and @ Pacack Pacack ; you haven't been pushing Tiki quite as much, but you have been dismissing the low scores as mere bias or ignorance. I think that my low ratings--in both chance and want--have been substantially justified. It's good to debate with someone, but today I'm seeing little debating and more "pressuring." Sometimes, you just have to admit that each has his own opinion. If you feel the ratings are unfair, we occasionally have days like "Most Under/Overrated" to discuss that.

Whew. I just had to get that out of my system. Sorry if I was crude at any point. Now, I have a bit of a situation to remedy...

Zoroark: 10%

The most obvious path for Pokemon characters is Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo, and this is what I have on my prediction roster. However, I'm not so confident that this is the scenario in which Game Freak sees the most potential. They've always mandated or approved multiple new Pokemon getting in every Smash game; I have some doubts that they'd just suddenly not push for another new character. Generation VI may be too late to get a new character from, and it doesn't have a strong new mascot anyway; this makes it more likely that a fifth generation Pokemon or a classic Pokemon would be chosen. I'm afraid I don't have everything worked out (Tiki rant and Direct hype stole my thunder), but I'd say something like this is now what I expect:

10% Victini
10% Zoroark
5% Meowth
10% other (new trainer or someone who'd heavily, heavily surprise me)

Zoroark has a pretty strong claim to the title of the most known Gen V character, but he's not the only contender from it. Victini is someone's (Masuda's?) favorite character, and he may also fill a purpose much like Zoroark.

Zoroark Want: 50%

I like Zoroark. I really do. He's on a lot of my competitive teams, and I love the mindgames he can create. I've argued before, however, and in great depth, about how his illusion ability wouldn't carry over well to Smash. I won't post it all here, but it sums up to this--Illusion would be pointless when your opponent can see your a Zoroark or gets a hit on you--this happens right away in a Smash match, so it wouldn't be as effective as in Pokemon. I also argued that it would take an absurd amount of work to get him to use his attacks with his hitboxes while disguised as other characters and maintaining his hurtboxes; I still see this as a problem, but not as big as before.

What has changed? I realized something--it doesn't have to work exactly as in the games. That may produce something lame, but creating a new set of abilities based on illusions designed with Smash in mind is still vey possible. It may not be as good as the real thing, but it could work.

I'm running out of time, but I'd just like to say I'm not dismissing Zoroark from either perspective as much as before because I've broken those chains of ignorance.

Ghirahim x5

DAY OVER
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN AS WE TAKE A ONE WEEK DIVERSION

andimidna

Smash Master
I would have loved to debate.
But when people just post low numbers with no explanation... what is there to debate about?
I can't compare that to anything... or prove anything not true.
As I have no idea what made them think the way they did.

I said in my post that she had competition. But until they're confirmed, it can't really hurt her chances, as none of them are "locks"... so they could easily not be added.
I've only started thinking this way recently but I do think it makes some sense.
My current FE roster is Marth, Ike, Chrom & Lucina, Tiki
She could get in over Robin and Anna. But she might not. But I respectfully disagree there's only a 1% or 0% chance that she could get in over them. I think they're closer to equal than people think. Not quite equal. But closer than 40%, 20%, 1%.

I don't understand having absolutely no want either... aren't you interested in movesets and potential playstyle?
I guess we have very different want requirements... (female+unique= I want, pretty much)

Anyways, it would have seemed a lot less like me being a pushy Tiki supporter if I had received more arguments back, it would have just looked like a full discussion. It may have been unnecessary... but nobody got hurt. No flame wars or anything close. Pretty uneventful day.

You don't have to call her want "artificially inflated"... and I'm slightly offended you'd say that after explaining you barely knew who she was.
And if this place is really all about chance like you say, this shouldn't really matter to you.
Plus, she didn't make either top 10... and there's only a chance list in the OP.
It just seemed unnecessary to call out certain people like that...

And I do think it is ignorant to give her a 0% chance, because she does have a chance.

I can't help but feel like my essay that took over an hour to make.... justified my 30,100 better than yours did for a 1,0

I stand by saying people who don't know the character should just abstain or stay neutral.
If you don't know the character, you could be dismissing something you'd actually really enjoy and be happy with.
If she has a lot of abstains and high wants, it just shows how popular she is amongst Fire Emblem fans, but basically unheard of in Smash discussions.
She's a great character with a not-so-great chance.
So if she ends up with like....
Chance: 4%
Want: 45%
That just reflects her character.
I really see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

And if you don't reply to me... I'll just look like a pushy supporter again... ugh... I'm not trying to change your opinion... I'm defending mine being much higher

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Tiki (Fire Emblem)
6.20% chance
43.33% want

Tiki turned in a very solid want score, but it's not quite clear if she'll be able to transform into a playable character; she had a respectable yet fairly low chance score.

Zoroark (Pokemon)
8.38% chance (was 20.23%)
38.72% want (was 39.42%)

Isn't it funny how some things can stay the same, yet other things manage to change? Zoroark's chance score plummeted while his want score remained virtually the same. Or is it all an illusion?

We currently have Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday remaining before the Direct. Each day, we'll be doing something different, but the basic gist of things is that we'll be looking back at stuff and taking it easy instead of rating characters. No nominations, no predictions, none of that stuff until after the Direct. I have plans for a few days, but I'm always open to new suggestion, so if you go anything, hit me with it!

Today we're revisiting something that we talked about back at the beginning of 2014 (four months ago!)--characters whose ratings we've completely botched. Please select the one character you feel is the most overrated and the one character you feel is the most underrated today (based off of the ratings in the OP, naturally). Back in January, Chrom won the title of most overrated and Robin won the title of most underrated, but nth have been revoted since then; who will take home the crown this time?

andimidna

Smash Master
Underrated/Overrated on RTC? Or in general?

I just realized Tiki and Midna have basically the same scores!

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this...

If we're discussing RTC rates, I'd say I'll have to choose between Waddle Dee and King K Rool.

And for underrated, I'll be choosing from Captain Syrup, Chrom & Lucina, Bayonetta, and Ghirahim.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Most overrated is really a toss-up between K. Rool, Palutena, and Shulk for me.
I guess I'll be picking K. Rool.

Most underrated is even more difficult. Wonder Red, Tingle, and Andy all feel like they have slightly lower-than-needed scores.

But I'm gonna have to stick for myself and say Rhythm Heaven because no one else is going to.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
For most overrated, I'd have to go with Palutena. People keep using that leak like it's 100% legitimate, when we don't know that yet. There's also the fact that it wasn't even stated to playable or AT, so even if it's real it wouldn't be automatically playable.
Not sure on underrated. What did we give Kamek?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Overrated? Kind of tough to say, most of the higher ups have what I consider to be reasonable scores. I think I might say Bandana Dee. I just really don't think he's that likely...

As for underrated, maybe solo Tetra? Not by much, I mean, but I think she has a decent shot, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom