• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ andimidna andimidna won extra nominations for Captain Rainbow, and @ Rockaphin Rockaphin got some for his Hero of Light prediction. Enjoy the extra five!

Lupus's chances and want: 0% - This is the least likely character we've rated thus far. In the impossible situation that we were to get a Rare character, why would Lupus get in over Banjo and Kazooie? Additionally, why should he?

Lip's chances: 12% - I think she's the third most likely of the remaining retros. She's definitely below Takamaru and I also personally think that Mach Rider is slightly more likely.
Want: 80% - Mach Rider is my favorite choice for a new retro, but she's a pretty close second.

Tiki prediction: 2.25% - Won't do well compared to most Fire Emblem characters.
Zoroark prediction: 9.89% - Large drop.

I think someone mentioned that Jill from Drill Dozer was one of the unrated characters most deserving of a rating, and I'm going to have to agree. Jill x5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Lupus: 0.01%
Want: ?
A 2nd Rare character before a 1st is viable?
Lip: 40%
She's more likely than Captain Rainbow for sure.
Now, wasn't it stated Sakurai wanted a retro focus?

He's already referenced Panel De Pon here.
And Kirby's Down B.
Lip's Stick has been an item for (how many games?)
She could get in over Takamaru, but Takamaru is more likely. I ranked her about 30% less than I would for Takamaru
The possibility we could get both is still definitely there.
She is more unique than Takamaru, I don't know much of her character, both are Japan only, but she ranked S tier on the uniqueness tier list thread, so that must mean something.
I think there's more of a chance she won't be on the roster, than that she will.
But not by much.
I think Takamaru and Lip both getting in as the popular retros does not have a bad chance at all.
Want: 95%
Only 10% more than Takamaru's want for me.
I want both. But I like her more. I like female additions and unique characters more than anything, that's my highest priority in choosing wanted characters.
I have them both on my prediction roster and want roster. However I'm unsure who to add for a historical rep. Daitoryo or Sheriff...?

I may post more later.
Tiki-wiki pre: 7%
I've actually been thinking she's pretty likely recently, but there will always be those few people who just come in, don't read the other posts, and give double 0s if they haven't considered the character yet.
I only started considering her in January, she's now my 3rd most wanted character. Things change when you have an open mind.
Zoroark: 7%
Maybe they'll be the same? I don't know...
Hopefully I have time to analyze Tiki before those double 0-don't-know-the-character detractors come by... err...
Oh yea, 10 noms...
hmmm...
I'll edit later.

She's a Manakete, and arguably the most important one. Link to the support thread is in my signature.
Who would argue that Tiki is not the most important Manakete? I fail to see any competition... she's the Manakete princess...

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
It's possible that the Divine Dragon Naga (aka Tiki's mom) may be more important to the series than Tiki, but it's a huge stretch.
Ah, I thought that may be who you were referring to...

Hahahaha... now I'm trying to picture Naga fighting the other characters on Battlefield... :laugh:
Honestly wouldn't mind Naga though, that would be cool, but Tiki is both more likely and more wanted.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Lupus:
Chance: 0%
Want: 2%
I thought the dog was cool as a kid XD

Lip:
Chance: 35%
Want: 75%
I'd take her over Takamaru but not over Mach Rider. Well actually, they're pretty equal.

Predictions:
Tiki: 4.12%
Zoroark: 18.1%

Nominations:
Vaati x10

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Lupus: 0/0%
Banjo.

Lip:
ChancE: 25%
I think her and Takamaru can coexist... But there won't be a huge number of newcomers, and there's q bunch with higher priority.

Want: 70%
Not my.most wanted, but she'd be cool!

Tiki: 5.5%
FE characters need swords!

Zoroark: 12%
Because people are silly...

Rockman DASH 3 *5
(that's the name of Megaman Legends in Japan btw)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lupus:
Likelihood: 0%
A Rare character can rarely be seen in a Nintendo game, unfortunately.

Want: 0%
NOPE.

Lip:
Likelihood: 18%
Sakurai definitely knows about her - she has had a few references in Smash. He also called her game a 'masterpiece'. Her most recent appearance was in Captain Rainbow, which also helps her as Sakurai has taken a look at that game as well.

Want: 100%
My most wanted retro character by FAR. Panel de Pon is an incredible and addictive game filled with a colourful cast of characters. Lip is the perfect character to represent the Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack franchise, which has seen installments in almost every console since the SNES.

Tiki: 2%
Dragons are cool.

Zoroark: 4%
Oh, just look how have you fallen from grace...

50+ characters x 5

D

Deleted member

Lupus and Lip have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Lip before, check to see what you said on her day!

Lupus
Chance:
Ineligible (0%)

They're owned by Rare, who is owned by Microsoft. Even if Rare was still with Nintendo, he would have to compete with the likes of Banjo-Kazooie.
This would be a terrible waste of a slot. Hypothetically speaking, if Microsoft allowed Rare to be represented in Smash, it would be awful if Lupus was chosen over Banjo-Kazooie.
Speaking of which, I recently beaten Banjo-Kazooie 100%... it's sad that I identify these two as Nintendo characters, yet they are on a Microsoft console. Now... I really wish that they were in Smash. ;-; FREE BANJO!

Lip
Chance:
15%

I gave her... 5% before? I'll admit, that's a bit low.
Sakurai has made it clear that he is a fan of Panel de Pon and he wishes for more people to play this game. The most he can really do is to give the series Lip's theme and make Lip's Stick an item. He could theoretically add her, but there are some setbacks:
1. Lip is from a Japanese exclusive game. Most of the people in America only know about her through Smash.
2. There is nearly no demand for Lip in terms of retros. Takamaru outshines her in terms of retros and Lip isn't even highly wanted in Japan.
3. She's rather obscure, hence why she is in Captain Rainbow.
Speaking of Captain Rainbow, since that game got referenced, it is still possible that Sakurai considered her again. With this being said, I can't see her get in over Takamaru; I can even imagine a situation where Captain Rainbow will get in before Lip.
I say that she can be a contender for the next Smash. This one however... I am having doubts.
Want: 5%
Want remains the same. Not interested in Lip in the slightest.
Add Takamaru first and then we might talk about Lip.

Tiki Prediction: .27%
More Fire Emblem characters?
Zoroark Prediction: 10.38%
One of Zoroark's biggest hopes was that Lucario got removed in favor of Zoroark. Now that Lucario is back, I can see this drop.

Nominations: Wario Land Wario 5x
(click on the 5x to hear an amazing song!)

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Lupus
Chance: Nope/Nope. (0%)

Okay so...he's Microsoft owned now. He's also not as famous as Banjo-Kazooie, nor Conker, and he's just ONE of three protagonists from his game. Arguably not even as important as his JFG co-stars.

Hell, I can see the likes of Timber, Bumper and Pipsy from Diddy Kong Racing getting in before A Jet Force Gemini character these days.

Banjo and Conker both first before I'd even consider him. There's also a heap of Nintendo and other third parties I would like before we get to JFG.

Lip
Chance: 35%

Popular retro, liked by Sakurai(although apparently not enough to get in over other retros like Ice Climbers), referenced several times in Smash...basically unknown outside Japan by those without extensive Nintendo knowledge due to being replaced by Yoshi in the west.

Want: 50%
Lip is a retro I wouldn't mind, buuuut...honestly Duck Hunt Dog, Balloon Fighter, Bubbles(CluClu Land), Mach Rider and even arguably Prince Sable appeal to me more as retro reps. If it's a toss up between her and Takamaru though I will always back the fairy princess...although that's not saying a heck of a lot seeing as how I'd rather have Sandbag than Takamaru.

Predictions:
Tiki: 0.45%

Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Roy and MAYBE Anna stand in her way, despite her obvious ability to be different.

Zoroark: 3%
Brawl + Mewtwo. Also it's now the 6th Gen and Zoroark, unlike Lucario, isn't promoting anything anymore.

Nominations:
50+ characters x 5

Smady

Smash Master
Lupus

0% Chance and Want: A Rare character would be extremely difficult to obtain for Nintendo. The only rep that would make it worth the while is Banjo-Kazooie. Unless there is a buyout, again very difficult and unlikely for Nintendo, this is never going to happen. There is also very, very little support for Jet Force Gemini.

Lip

10% Chance: I can see a retro newcomer happening in Smash 4, that's largely why Lip has what she does in chance. She's one of the top retro candidates considering that she's prime reboot fodder and a character obviously liked by Sakurai. Her set potential is great enough it's easy to see a fresh take on a magic/spell user, plus we've yet to see a character inspired by a puzzle game.

The reason she's so low is simply that she's a relative unknown in the West and has limited requests in the East. This would be a pick by Sakurai that largely wouldn't impress most players. It may create hype to see her moveset, but there are other retros (Mach Rider, Dog, Daitoryo) that have a far greater propensity for shock value in their movesets than Lip. A major "oh, that makes sense, I guess" kind of rep, not a hype builder.

60% Want: I am leaning towards want more than not want, but it's a close one. I have other retro characters I'd rather have and Lip doesn't particularly interest me, on the other hand it's obvious she can have a fun set like G&W or ICers. It's just that it's not all that interesting of a set compared to Mach Rider or Daitoryo. I have zero attachment to any of these games so ultimately I can't judge them too harshly compared to one another.

Tiki Pediction: 0.8%
Not sure how we'll breast this one, but it's hard to juggle a tertiary character against Chrom and Robin. I doubt they'd milk Fire Emblem so much.
Zoroark Prediction: 15%
Sure to have fans. But Brawl + Mewtwo is the prevailing mindset.

N x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Lip Chance: 10% I would argue that she isn't a retro anymore, just no longer starring in the future Puzzle League games, still that concerns me as the main problem that Lip won't be playable in Smash.
Lip Want: 80% Her game was pretty fun to play, I would love to see her playable but I'm not holding my breath.

Lupus Chance and Want: 0% Seeing as to how (he/she?) is a Rare character I'm guessing this should be a zero.

Tiki Prediction: 1.53% Manaketes are cool, but the likeliness is very invisible and likely won't be considered.
Zoroark Prediction: 7.64% I think that her uniqueness will win Sakurai over to add him, but other won't think the same and out-dated Pokemon will be the main issue concerning the raters.

Nominations:
x5 All Popular Newcomer Candidates

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Lupus -
Chance: 0%
Microsoft doesn't want to support Nintendo's consoles with their IPs.

Lip -
Chance: 40%
Want: 100%
Pros - Panel de Pon is Nintendo's most iconic puzzle series after Dr. Mario and has had an entry on almost every console since the SNES original. Lip has been referenced in the Smash series since Melee with her weapon being an item and one of her attacks being a kirby down-b object. These returned in Brawl along with stickers and her theme song and Sakurai himself has commented that the series is a true masterpiece. Although the last game to focus on the faeries was the Gamecube title, (which starred an expy of Lip, her daughter Furil) Lip's theme song was in the GBA game and Lip was a playable character in Panel de Pon DS. She was also featured in Captain Rainbow alongside Takamaru and Little Mac.

Cons - Lip herself is relatively obscure, especially outside Japan due to her games being reworked with Yoshi characters (Tetris Attack - SNES), and Pokemon characters (Pokemon Puzzle League - N64/GBC) for their western releases (or in the case of the Pokemon titles - only release). NoA even removed her from Panel de Pon DS for its western release (Planet Puzzle League). The Gamecube title's western release was silently cancelled.

Lip is definitely my most wanted Smash newcomer, I'm a huge fan of Panel de Pon and puzzle games in general.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
1. Lip is from a Japanese exclusive game. Most of the people in America only know about her through Smash.
2. There is nearly no demand for Lip in terms of retros. Takamaru outshines her in terms of retros and Lip isn't even highly wanted in Japan.
3. She's rather obscure, hence why she is in Captain Rainbow.
Speaking of Captain Rainbow, since that game got referenced, it is still possible that Sakurai considered her again. With this being said, I can't see her get in over Takamaru; I can even imagine a situation where Captain Rainbow will get in before Lip.
I say that she can be a contender for the next Smash. This one however... I am having doubts.
Couldn't Takamaru be in categories 1 and 3?
1. Most Americans only know Takamaru through Nintendo Land.
3. Takamaru was in Captain Rainbow as well.
I agree that Takamaru is the most requested Retro but Lip is probably number 2.
I also agree that Takamaru will probably get in before Lip, but it's not by far.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Lip seems to be on everyone's rosters, so I'd give her...
Chance:a solid 50%

Lupus Chance:0.001%
Want:10% I'd be funny.

Tiki isn't going to make it. FE will probaly have 3 reps this time round, and they go to marth, chrom and/or lucina, ike, roy, robin, lyn. No room would be left for a lesser character like Tiki. Even if there was, you got anna and tharja who seem to have caught popular attention.

Zoroak: Not playable, but a really cool pokeball. Some random pokemon appears and does it's cry.. As players start to move into positions to avoid it, Zoroak comes out of nowhere and uses nightslash on everyone.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Lupus: 0%

Lip: 1.7%
Want: 60%

Tiki: 1.22%
Zoroark: 4.91%

x5 Dixie Kong

EDIT: I have not been able to update the music section for awhile because of school. If anyone has any music suggestions for Balloon Fighter, Sheriff, or Jack Frost, or any character we rated after him: please post them!

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Lupus

Chance - 0% - No matter how much you beg, plead, or cry, Rare's still going to be owned by Microsoft by the end of the day.

Want - 0% - At least B&K had a large fan following that still exists for Smash. This guy? Nope.

Lip

Chance - 40% - Not really a change of opinion more so the fact that I might have overrated her. Still find her the second most likely of all retros. Really, when you're only obstacle is that you're "too obscure," and have plenty of move set potential, it's only slightly unlikely.

Want - 80% - I ought to play Panel-de-Pon one of these days. Regardless, she's looks to be a fun character, and is admittedly one of my most wanted retros.

Predictions

Tiki - 9.5% - Not expecting her to surpass Anna, that's for certain.

Zoroark - 15.7% - Forever shrinking fame and importance.

Nominations
Chrom Assist Trophy X5

andimidna

Smash Master
Tiki's been playable as much times as Roy, Lyn, Chrom, Lucina, and Anna combined.
Don't underestimate her chances just because she's not a lord with a sword.

I think I'm going to have to explain my thoughts on her in a very long post when the time comes... I hope people read into her character before rating her.
Don't just toss her aside like she's as unimportant as Tharja or as unpopular as Seliph, or that she's not unique because of Charizard and Ridley.
She has recurrence, uniqueness, popularity, and relevance.
She's been part of the series since the original. There's no other choice for a Manakete.
Please, just no double 0s.
She deserves at least slightly below Anna.

Also, I never put noms.

x6 Captain Syrup
x4 Gardevoir

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Lupus

Chance - 0.01%: Rare is owned by Microsoft and if any Rare character were to get in, it's Banjo-Kazooie.
Want - 0%: I never played Jet Force Gemini and I have Banjo-Kazooie as my top Rare rep.

(Who even suggested this guy?)

Lip

Chance - 47%: Yeah, she's definitely one of the more stand-out characters, retro or otherwise, who could potentially be in Smash. I remember her prominence since the Brawl pre-release days. For a game I never played, she would be the standalone character for Panel de Pon. As if the Lip's Stick, one of Kirby's Stone objects, and the block on the right of the Living Room already nod to Panel de Pon. Like Takamaru and Little Mac, she was also in Captain Rainbow, so it's not like her memory is shelved for good and warranted to a tag on a chronicle. Her moveset could revolve around her flower magic and would utilize the flower status ailment in versatile ways. As for obscurity and awareness, it certainly factors down her chances, but it barely means **** in Smash when you have the likes of Marth, Ness, and Captain Falcon headlining each successive installment just to name a few.
Want - 40%: I do not want her nor would I be offended by her inclusion. She just doesn't warrant many reasons for me to hype or anticipate her appearance like Palutena or Chrom do. If anything, she's "roster buffer" to me when we're looking for some reputable extras.

Predictions:

Tiki - 20%: I really consider her to be the same league as Anna (my score is higher for her than the aggregated one) and I would like to see one or both bring something new to the FE table.
Zoroark - 50%: Gen VI only came so soon after the roster was considered and there are no standalone Pokemon from that gen headlining the franchise. Zoroark was considered the Mewtwo-Lucario counterpart to Gen V and she's had her own movie, anime relevance, and anonymity. Also, dat Illusion.

Nominations:

5x NiGHTS

I'll give all my noms to kickstart its consideration!

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Lupus
Chance/Want: 0%
Never played JFG and I'd rather have Banjo. NEXT.

Lip
Chance: 5%
Basically Takamaru but with even more obscurity and less support. She'll probably just have an item and theme song again.
Want: 45%
Don't really care, but I wouldn't hate her inclusion.

Predictions
Tiki: 2.16%
Zoroark: 9.32%

Heracross X5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As usual, I haven't played PDP. No Lip rating.
But Lupus I can drop three words on.
Owned by Rare. 00.00% Chance, 00.00% Want.

Predictions:
Not another FE character- 2%
Antonio Banderas without that extra R- 8%

Nominations:
Has Patricia Wagon been done yet? Because I'll do it with Patricia Wagon from Mighty Switch Force X5. The Mighty Series is a Nintendo-exclusive series made by Wayforward.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
LUPUS

Chance: 0% - Rare = No chance. (Sorry Banjo fans)

Want: 0% - Not today.

LIP

Chance: 20% - She definately has Sakurai's eye and for a retro her only competition is Takamaru and maybe Mach Rider.

Want: 80% Yep! I think she can add something wonderful to the game.

Tiki Prediction: .6% - ???

Zoroark Prediction: 2% - Dead in the water.

Nominations
MML3 x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lupus - 0%

Owned by Rare which is now owned by Microsoft, and even if Rare still worked with Nintendo and wasn't owned by Microsoft, Lupus would have to compete with Banjo-Kazooie. A snowball's chance in hell if I ever knew one.

Want - 0%

Just...why?

Lip - 20%

She is definitely from a series Sakurai seems to be fond of. She is overall in a similar situation to Takamaru, but with less support and more obscurity.

Want - 80%

I think she has the potential for a playstyle which I would really enjoy.

Tiki Prediction - 3.36%

Zoroark Prediction - 5.07%

Spyro x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Lupus is about to set an all time low for least likely character. I've reviewed the results and I don't think it even rounds up to 0.01%.

Groose

Smash Champion
Lupus Chance and Want: 0%
If Nintendo owned the majority of Rare's shares all this time, I still doubt Lupus would even be in consideration for Smash. When Microsoft is the majority owner... there is absolutely no way it could happen. Also, there are about a half a dozen Rare characters I'd want in, and Lupus isn't one of them

Lip Chance: 15%

Pros:
+Sakurai has lamented the fact that she isn't a more popular character
+She's gotten stuff in Smash before (theme and weapon)
+Captain Rainbow
+Strong moveset potential

Cons:
-Constantly expunged by regions outside of Japan
-Many plausible Retro characters
-Game series has moved on

Overall, I'd say Sakurai's past quotes about her give her a solid chance. Whereas he's blasted Excitebiker for being hard to work with and Urban Champion for not bringing enough, the reason Lip has been excluded is the more intangible "she doesn't appeal to everyone."

Lip Want: 33%
...including me. She's OK, I suppose? I would love some Puzzle League stuff, and I see a good moveset, but I'm just not sold.

Ghirahim x5

DAY OVER
LUPUS? LUPUS! LUUUUUPUUUUS!

Groose

Smash Champion
Lupus (Jet Force Gemini)
0.00% chance
6.20% want

...ouch. The first time a character has scored below a 0.03% chance, and the second or third time below a 7% in want. That's just painful.

Lip (Panel de Pon)
22.62% chance (was 13.69%)
56.45% want (was 34.81%)

Lip jumped from Rank 31 to Rank 16 on the chance charts and had an absolutely unprecedented want increase that places her just outside of the top ten on the want chart. Incredible!

You get no sympathy in a Fire Emblem discussion, and that is exactly what we're having! Please rate Tiki in chance and want today. Or is that an illusion? The illusion master, Zoroark, is also here today; please rate Zoroark in chance and want.

Tomorrow we're sticking to Pokemon's fifth generation and rating N; we'll also be discussing the chance that all popular characters make the roster. Please ask @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 for the specifics on that one. Anyway, make your predictions!

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
...I never thought that someone would fail to get any sort of percentage, but Lupus kind of deserved the zero.

The Nomination winners are @ OcarinaOfDoom OcarinaOfDoom for Lupus and @Brawler610 for Lip.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
We should probably consider holding a memorial for Lupus. :(

Well to his credit he managed to beat out five characters on the popularity chart, finishing at 160th. Lip skyrocketed to the moon and back, raising 60 spots from 72nd to 12th!!!!

What exactly happened in the past few months that made people start liking Lip so much?

andimidna

Smash Master
Alright, Tiki.
The Manakete of Fire Emblem.
Let's start with uniqueness. Which Tiki has quite a lot of!!!
S-tier.

Tiki's dragonstone makes her a perfect candidate for a shadow boxing playstyle, where her dragonself is her shadow. She has a special move to summon the dragonstone, which appears in the background similar to Pokemon Trainer. Tiki's human form is incapable of doing damage, but her dragon self packs a punch. Manaketes can't maintain their dragon form indefinitely, so there is a time limit on how long the dragon can be out.

To make things really interesting, look at this:

These are the dragonstones available in Fire Emblem 12. What I am proposing is that each of these dragonstones is a special move (except for divine stone which can be a final smash that combines all four other stones). Fire Stone is a neutral special, where Tiki's dragon form breathes fire breath in front of her. Ice Stone is a side special move, similar to PK Freeze. Wyvernstone has wings to allow Tiki to recover, ala Up Special. Down Special would be the Magestone, which is a defensive counter.

Tiki would be a very powerful character to offset her inability to chain special moves together (she can chain multiple of the same special move together, but she cannot go from fire breath to ice breath or from ice breath to mage shield due to the first dragon still being present).
In Tiki's 5 playable appearances she always uses the divine dragonstone or dragonstone+. She can shift into a dragon and shoot projectiles. She can borrow the kicking/punching abilities from the laguz in FE9/10. Tiki as a dragon is more of an aerial fighter so I could potentially see her moveset be divided based on her shifting. For her ground attacks she can fight unshifted and for smash and aerials she can shift into her dragon form. I give Tiki an A score.
While I don't have time to do a full analysis I do believe Tiki has the potential to be one of the more unique characters to debut in Smash Bros.

Harnessing power from various elemental stones can result in many different usages for them in both humanoid and dragon forms. Fire and Ice stones can be used for both breath-based attacks as well as leaving behind temporary field hazards such as a burning patch of land or a slippery patch of ice. And being able to transform between a large, brutish dragon and an elegant woman is also telling of her potential between movesets/interesting ways to incorporate them.

A 'Shadow Dragon' moveset can be incorporated in that Tiki and her dragon form share the same standards/aerials/etc. Tiki would utilize projections of her dragon form to attack, I believe this would be more interesting than one would think because many characters such as Marth, Link, Cpt. Falcon have all their assets revealed when it comes to standard attacks. Based on their standing positions alone we can judge approximately how long Marth or Link's sword can reach or how far Cpt. Falcon can extend his arms to deliver a punch, but with this 'Shadow Dragon' moveset it is more difficult to judge Tiki's actual range because her assets cannot be seen. Of course there needs to be downsides to having this, otherwise there is almost no point transforming into a larger, slower dragon.

Other ways to incorporate her potential is to produce two dynamic movesets for both her humanoid and dragon forms that both possess their own strengths and weaknesses. A combination of breath-based and dragon-like attacks, the ability to leave behind stage hazards, and the ability to transform leaves behind a lot of ideas to work with. Even borrowing from Hong's moveset in combination with an idea I had for a Chrom + Robin duo is to make her transform double up as a counter. Tiki would surround herself in petals and transform, if she counters an attack successfully while transforming she will burst from the petals in her new form and this burst will deal damage to enemies. If she fails to counter an attack then her transform duration will take longer.

An additional method to bring out her potential is the introduction of a game mode which I will dub 'Roster Vs.' This game mode would allow you to select a roster of characters for your team. For instance, if I play a three stock game in this mode I can lead with Fox while having Little Mac and Ridley on reserve. The only way to switch is to have your current character suffer a KO. This game mode would allow a lot more play and counterplay options for characters that can transform. (Transforming characters inherently have this problem in a 1 v 1 match up in that it is almost always best to go with one of the characters instead of switching between the two, in Melee for example it is almost always more favorable to play Sheik than Zelda). This matters because this allows all transforming characters more options for counter-picking. Back to the example I stated, if I lead with Fox and my opponent leads with Tiki, it would be more advantageous for Tiki to remain in humanoid form as she will not be as easily comboed unlike her heavier, larger dragon form. But when I switch into Little Mac then it may be more advantageous for Tiki to transform into a character who has a powerful aerial game since according to Sakurai Little Mac's aerial game is very lackluster.

Anyways it feels like I'm beating these reasons like a dead horse since many of them are already stated in the Tiki thread, but as far as potential in comparison to the roster thus far I would give her an A+ or a S. Biased? Probably, but I think her potential, as far as the Fire Emblem series goes, can only be rivaled by a melee/magician tag team.
From what I researched, Tiki could have a sort of fighting style that involves mostly kicking sort of similar to benders in Avatar: TLAB. If you can hit enough times to the opponent, you earn Manakete power and you can turn into a large manakete for a short period of time using the Dragonstone. There's a small stone in her back that indicates the amount of charge needed to turn into a dragon, once it sparkles, you can turn into a dragon. This is basically awarding system for playing Tiki good in battle.

My Specials:

Side-B: Breaths out a quick medium ranged fire breath. Costs Tiki some Manakete power.

Up-B: Tiki does a flaming upperkick, does not help Tiki recover that well.

Neutral-B: Tiki uses her dragonstone to turn into a dragon.

Down-B: Tiki guards her self with one arm, if the opponent hits her, she blows out flame breath causing burn for temporary while.

I'll go give her a A-.
Why fire? She used ice and mist back in FE3, and she uses ice again in FE13.
A+

The very concept of a girl that turns into a dragon is already very unique.

If I were design a moveset for her, I would keep Tiki closer to the Fire Emblem "family" by making nearly all her moves use her chosen weapon, in this case being her holy dragon breath. I imagine her staying in human form normally, and changing into a dragon when she attacks. This style of transforming makes her attacks a little laggy, but not too much since I imagine her transforming as she attacks.

How she transforms back into human could be done in one of two ways. First, she could transform automatically after every attack. This would give a dynamic flow to combat. Alternatively, her transformation could be triggered by rolling or crouching, giving more control. One cool animation she could have in human form is for her to sprout dragon wings when she air jumps or glides.

Moves:

Neutral B - A chargeable attack, Tiki shoots an arcing ball of holy-fire. The size and damage of the ball depends on charge. The ball could burn for a little bit after it hits ground.

Side B - A rushing claw attack, similar to some of the abilities that laguz have.

Up B - Some kind of flying attack maybe?

Down B - And of course, a counter. Tiki's counter could have some range to it, making it useful against some projectiles, but having a lower multiplier than other counters.
Fire stone is a continous stream of fire, ala Fire Breath and Flamethrower.

Ice stone is a single stream of ice.

Mage stone is very short range.
Thanks to BluePikmin's thread^
This is the current list.
THE UNIQUENESS TIER LIST:

S TIER:
Bayonetta
Lip
Zoroark
Chibi Robo

A TIER:
Shulk
Isaac
Tiki
Bomberman
Muddy Mole
King K. Rool
Bubbles

Ridley
Little Mac
Palutena
Duck Hunt Dog
Slime
Ghirahim
Black Mage
Anna
Diddy/Dixie
Genesect
Eevee
Dillon

Wonder Red
Dr. Kawashima
Micaiah
Professor Layton
Vaati
Robin
Chrom/Lucina
Leif
Jack Frost

B TIER:
Marshall
Ray MK
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Andy
Tharja
Sheriff
Greninja

Goose
Saki
Victini
Pac-Man
Prince Sable
Sukapon
Hawlucha

Meowth
Daitoryo
Captain Rainbow
Chrom
Lucina
Rayman
Impa

C TIER:
Mallo
Gardevoir
Tetra
Blaziken
Lyn

Mii

Diskun
Cranky Kong
Dixie Kong

D TIER:
Urban Champion

F TIER:

Toon Zelda

Toon Sheik

Here's a look at just Fire Emblem:
A+: Tiki
A: Anna
A-: Micaiah, Robin, Chrom & Lucina team, Leif
B+: Tharja
B-: Chrom, Lucina
C+: Lyn

We agreed Tiki is the most unique. Maybe you will too if you read all of those quotes.

"BUT TIKI ISN'T POPULAR LIKE _________"

Among the Awakening fanbase, that is definitely false.

Let me show you these 3 polls I found in the Tiki thread:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/fe13poll.jpg
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65812544

First to are Japan polls.
The last is a US poll that was proven to include multiple votes per person for characters such as Walhart. Therefore, it's less reliable. Check the comments.

You know what... how about I just quote the entire Tiki OP?
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-time-to-rest-is-over-the-divine-dragon-tiki-awakens.339839/

Background Info

Tiki is a Manakete, a unique race/class to the Fire Emblem series, Manaketes are essentially humanoid-like characters that have the ability to transform into a dragon with the assistance of a Dragonstone and have become a recurring element throughout the Fire Emblem series.

As a unit Manaketes are incredibly weak without their Dragonstones, however, while holding one their power increases immensely while simultaneously allowing them to manifest the elemental powers within their stones. They tend to have lower mobility than most other units due to their inherent tankiness but yet are often times unfazed by physical attacks.

Tiki is a also the princess of the Divine Dragon Tribe, which is home to one of the most formidable dragons introduced in the game, and is the daughter of Naga, leader of the Divine Dragon Tribe. She eventually lends her powers to Marth and his troupe as she aids him in his quest. After 2000 years of sleep Tiki awakens and aids Chrom in his quest by lending them a critical component to perform The Awakening. She can also be recruited in a side paralogue.

Tiki has been a playable unit in five Fire Emblem games, two of which are DS remakes of previous NES titles, all of these games follow a single timeline known as the Akaneia timeline. These games are:

Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (FE1)

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (FE3)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (FE11, remake of FE1)

Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ (FE12, remake of FE3)

Fire Emblem: Awakening (FE13)

During her early years Tiki sported a somewhat childish personality and has been show to develop a crush on Marth throughout their travels, often calling him Mar-Mar. After her 2000 year slumber she seems to have matured greatly as seen through her usual dialogue, though during her supports whenever she mentions Marth she sometimes accidentally refers to him as Mar-Mar. Tiki is a deep sleeper and has been known to talk in her sleep, she used to have a deep fear of being alone but has matured and accepted that being a Manakete comes with the curse of outliving all loved ones, including the now deceased Marth.

Appearance

Concept art of a Manakete in dragon form.

A Manakete in dragon form seen in Awakening.

Possible Playstyle and Mechanics

Tiki could be treated as a heavy-weight character and would be able to transform between a humanoid and dragon during the match while utilizing Dragonstones differently depending on if she's in humanoid or dragon form. Her breath attacks can range from quick pulsatile bursts to breaths that slowly loom in the air to induce status effects.

Burn. Deals 1-2% damage per second over three seconds.
Chill. Reduces movement speed and jump height by 15% for three seconds.
Holy. Tiki recovers a portion of health when damaging enemies with the Holy debuff, lasts for fifteen seconds

Another possible mechanic would have Tiki and her dragon form share the same moveset, but while in humanoid form Tiki would use projections from her shadow dragon :) to deal damage. Both forms will share the same moveset, the gimmick in this case is that Tiki can change her hitbox, resistance, and speed in order to deal with certain opponents accordingly. In order to balance this Tiki will not be able to deal the full damage in humanoid form as she would be able to in dragon form.

One thing to keep in mind is that while in human form Tiki enjoys deceptively longer range on her standard attacks.

Think this:

Community Movesets

Moveset A: Shadow Dragon Projections.
*Both humanoid and dragon forms share the same standards and specials. Her human form will deal 20% reduced damage.*

B: Firestone. A projection of the Divine Dragon raises above Tiki and unleashes a torrent of fire diagonally downwards in front of her, TIki will also blow out fire as well, this allows for an interesting angle of attack/edgeguard while remaining on the ground. The flame weakens over time and applies a burn debuff if the opponent is in the flame for 2 seconds.

B>: Icestone. Tiki leans over and unleashes a linear, short ranged, icy breath in front of her. As Tiki continues to blow out a frozen flurry a projection of the Divine Dragon slowly rises behind Tiki and assists her in breathing out ice after two seconds. With the help of the projection the overall breath of ice will encompass a longer and wider range once the Divine Dragon begins to assist her. Enemies hit for more than 2 seconds will have a chill debuff and lose 15% movement speed and jumping height as a result for 3 seconds.

B^: Divine Flight. Tiki and a projection of the Divine Dragon leap straight into the air dealing damage to all enemies in a small area around her as she ascends upwards (Think Charizard's B^). This attack hits multiple times as Tiki travels upwards and ends with a powerful strike that deals the full amount of damage whether in humanoid or dragon form.

Bv: Transform. Tiki transforms into the Divine Dragon. In this form Tiki will be slightly slower and become much larger, however, similar to a dragon she will gain tough resistances making it more difficult to KO her off the stage, additionally all her attacks will deal the full amount of damage.
When Tiki transforms back into her humanoid form she will enjoy both a smaller hitbox and increased mobility but at the cost of lower resistances and damage output.

FINAL SMASH: Divinestone.
Tiki reverts back to human form, if not already, and unleashes the power of the Divinestone. With the Divinestone's power Tiki's specials are altered accordingly:

B: Holy Flames. Tiki fans out a torrent of holy fire in her, enemies hit for more than 2 seconds receive the Holy debuff and will heal Tiki when they take additional damage. The ground will also continue to be ignited by holy fire, dealing 2% damage per second to enemies standing in the flames while healing Tiki for half the amount. The flames last until the Final Smash wears off.

B>: Divine Blast. Tiki quickly fires off a massive ball of holy energy straight in front of her. After hitting a target or reaching its maximum range it will explode and deal massive damage to enemies behind the target. All targets hit will have Holy applied.

B^: Tiki flies upwards and bursts with holy energy in an area around her upon reaching maximum height. Enemies will have Holy applied if hit at maximum height.

All A-moves will be similar in both forms, her humanoid form will use a projection.

Standards:
A: Tiki slashes her claws in front of her.
A-A: Tiki slashes one claw upward and one claw downward.
A-A-A: Tiki slashes one claw upward, one claw downward, and finishes with a bite.

Tilts:
A Tilt >: Tiki lunges out and bites at her opponent.
A Tilt ^: Tiki tilts her head upwards and bites above her.
A Tilt v: Tiki turns around, raises her tail, and slams it downwards.

Etc:
A Dash: Tiki headbutts her opponent.
A Crouch: Tiki turns her body and whips her tail.

Aerials:
Aerial Neutral: Tiki unleashes an explosive breath in front of her.
Aerial ^: Tiki extends her neck and bites upwards.
Aerial <: Tiki flails her tail behind her.
Aerial >: Tiki slashes out in front of her.
Aerial v: Tiki shoots out a breath of ice beneath her.

Smash:
A>: Tiki charges and lunges toward the enemy.
Av: Tiki charges a massive tail-swipe that attacks both sides.
A^: Tiki jumps up to bite an enemy.

Idle:
Tiki yawns and lazily wipes a tear from her eye.
Tiki lays down on the ground to go to sleep.
Tiki stretches out as if she had just woken up.

Moveset B: Without Projections.
Both humanoid and dragon forms will have different standards and specials.

Humanoid Form:

B: Firestone. Tiki briefly charges up an explosive fireball that travels straight in front of her. While the fireball is travelling it can be detonated by pressing B, colliding with an object, or after a certain time. If there is walkable terrain below the explosion radius then it will be covered in flames, enemies who walk over the flames will be dealt a small amount of damage while walking in the fire.

B>: Icestone. Tiki leans over and unleashes a torrent of ice, the angle of her icy breath can move up to 30 degrees with respect to the horizontal. Her icy breath will enjoy increased range and area the longer she uses it up to a 150% increase and can even cause the ground to be slippery for a short time. Enemies will be afflicted with a chill debuff if they're in her breath for 2 seconds (Chill reduces movement speed and jumping height by 15% for 3 seconds).

B^: Wyvernstone. Tiki sprouts wyvern wings from her back and ascends upwards dealing damage to enemies around her.

Bv: Transform.

With the power of the legendary Divinestone Tiki transforms into the Divine Dragon (If she is not in this form already) and flies into the background. A cutscene will occur in which Tiki lets out a mighty roar before igniting the entire battlefield with divine fire after which the final smash ends. The flames will continue to burn out every platform for 15 seconds while healing Tiki a portion of the damage all enemies take.

Standards:
A: Tiki swipes out at a target in front of her.
A-A: Tiki swipes twice at a target in front of her.
A-A-A: Tiki swipes twice and finishes with an explosive breath directly in front of her.

Tilts:
A Tilt >: Tiki shoots out a ball of fire that explodes a short distance in front of her.
A Tilt ^: Tiki performs a flip kick that can strike twice.
A Tilt v: Tiki crouches and breathes out a shard of ice in front of her.

Etc:
A Dash: Tiki pirouettes a distance in front of her while blowing out fire.
A Crouch: Tiki performs a crouch kick.

Aerials:
Aerial Neutral: Tiki spins around while breathing fire in a circle.
Aerial ^: Tiki performs a flip kick.
Aerial <: Tiki kicks behind her.
Aerial >: Tiki shoots out an explosive fireball directly in front of her.

Smash:
A>: Tiki pulls in a breath in breathes out fire in front of her.
Av: Tiki pulls in a breath and shoots ice directly beneath her, this causes a field of icy shards to protrude from the ground around her.
A^: Tiki pulls in a breath and fires a barrage of icicles above her.

Idle:

Dragon Form

B: Firestone. As a dragon Tiki charges up the fire within her and can unleash a quick burst of flame while igniting the area in front of her. The longer she charges the more area she can ignite, all enemies who make contact with ignited ground will be dealt 1% per second and will have a burn debuff. The debuff continuously refreshes until the enemy is not standing in an ignited area. Enemies can also take up to 20% damage from a fully charged initial burst of flame.

B>: Icestone. As a dragon Tiki aims her head diagonally towards the air and shoots out a breath of ice. The ice will travel in an arc and slowly descend downwards dealing damage to enemies and chilling them.

B^: Divine Flight. As a dragon Tiki launches herself up into the air dealing damage to enemies in an area around her.

Bv: Transform. Tiki transforms back to normal.

Standards:
A-A-A: Tiki slashes one claw upward, one claw downward, and finishes with a bite.

Tilts:

Etc:

Aerials:

Smash:

Idle:
Tiki lets out a yawn and curls up into a sleeping position.
Tiki sneezes a fiery sneeze.
Tiki throws her head back and lets out a roar.

Moveset C: Jaytalks' Moveset
*For whatever reason the collapse tags splits the moveset into two

Ground Speed: 5/10. Tiki has the speed of your average fighter.
Air Speed 7/10: Tiki excels in the air and moves rather well.
Size: 10/10: Tiki's head is crouched a bit
Weight: 7/10: Tiki is a heavier character, but not the heaviest.
Fall Speed 6/10: Tiki does not fall as fast due to her wings.
Jump Height 8/10: Tiki initial jumps aren't high, but can flap her wings to get a few extra jumps.
Traction: 4/10 Tiki's traction is slightly below average.

Tiki is a heavier character. In terms of character archetypes, she is closest to a defensive character like a poker as she strongest in the mid range. Her long head and tail give her a good number of mid range attacks. But she doesn't necessarily have the strongest knock out attacks like most characters her size.

A-A-A: For the first attack Tiki attacks with a uppward headbutt Her second attack is a left wing strike. Her final attack is a light hit from her tail hitting from the right side.
A- forward: Tiki attacks with a big swing of her tail from the left side.
A-up: Tiki does a half front flip and hit her opponent with her tail from the top. She complete the flip and resumes her nomal stance
Crouching: Tiki is on all fours while crouching.
A-down: Tiki hits with a light hit from her tail from the left side.

Smash Attacks
Forward: Breath of Fire: Tiki does a fire blast that aim from her mouth to a 45 degree angle to the ground.
The fire is not a projectile and does not move far past her.
Down: Tailspin: Tiki does a giants low spinning swing of her tail from the right side spins all the way around.
Up: Dragon Roar: Tiki stands in the middle, holds her arms in, and puts her head slightly down. She rises her head up and lets out a roar. The sound and her head hit anyone directly on top of her.

Aerials
Nair: Tiki does a forward head smash.
Fair: Tiki lets out a breath of fire from left to right while in the air. it does not extend far beyond her body (breath dragon attack from Radian Dawn enemies)
Dair: Tiki hits her tail down and does a flip.
Bair:Tiki hits with her tail from the back.

Specials:
Neutral: Dragon Crunch: Tiki lunges slightly forward and low. She bites the opponent in front of her. The maneuver can be charged and it knocks the opponent up.
Forward: Fireball - Tiki flies slightly up. Tiki aims her head down and shoots out a blue fireball. The fire ball has a slight downward angle so it can't cross an entire stage like final destination. But it cancels other projectiles. If she holds the control stick forward, the fireball will have homing properties in that it will aim a certain direction toward a character. (Based on regular attack, Fire Emblem Awakening)
Up: Divine Dance: Tiki flaps her wings to fly upward a little bit and then does a gliding flip. The damage comes from her tail. Afterward she can glide downward or go into a recovery state. (based on her winning animation, Fire Emblem Awakening)
Down: Counter. Tiki blocks the opponents attack by guarding, and shoots a fireball directly back at the opponent.

Grabs
Grab: grabs opponent with her left arm.
Grab + A: bites the opponent.
Grab up: throws her opponent up, and blasts them with a breath of fire,
Grab down: throws her opponent on the ground, and falls on top of them.
Grab forward: throws her opponent forward, and then hits them with her tail.
Grab back: throws her opponent backward, and then hits them with her tail

Final Smash: Divine Dragons:
Nah and Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening appear hext to Tiki on her left and right respectively. The two also transform into their Divine Dragon form. All three unleash three different types of dragon blasts. Nah shoot fireballs toward the top. Nowi shoots a more fiery blast toward the bottom. And Tiki shoots more of a fire beam in the middle. The three attacks are based on the way Manaketes attack in different Fire Emblems. Nowi shoots more like the GBA iterations of dragons. Tiki shoots more like the Radiant Dawn type of Dragons. And Nah shoots like the fireballs we see in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Moveset D: Hong's Moveset

For gameplay purposes, my Tiki uses her child form. This means she is small, light and nimble. She has a high initial jump, alright double jump, and sprouts white wings for two smaller jumps. She is an aerial ace, focusing more on projectile attacks than other airborne fighters such as Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Charizard or Pit. She sprouts the same white wings while dashing, giving her a glide. Aside from the Final Smash, my Tiki remains in humanoid form.

Tiki introduces a new effect to the series: divine fire, which is white in contrast to the dark flames introduced in Melee. This is seen in many of her attacks.

Specials
B: Cleanse (as in, to "cleanse" evil from the land)
Tiki fires off a puff of fire from her mouth. Not the fastest moving projectile, but travels a decent distance (half as much as FD). You can hold B for a few seconds to charge this up, making a larger orb of white fire that explodes on contact. While charging, you can aim it 360°.

B Forward: Vanquish
A mighty, linear blast of flame erupts from Tiki's mouth, inspired by Kurthnaga in RD. This is a passively charging move, so it doesn't amount to much at first, but covers the full length of FD at full charge.

B Down: Petal Counter
Tiki raises her hand as she is almost instantly engulfed in a flower (like transforming in Awakening) for a brief moment. Any attack received will cause the flower to burst open and knock away attackers. This is your tradtional Fire Emblem counter move, with a unique twist.

B Up: Divine Rising
Ethereal white wings encase Tiki as she spirals upwards. At the apex she spreads them apart, knocking away anyone nearby. This one doesn't have a lot of horizontal movement, but Tiki moves fast in the air so it's okay.

Final Smash
She transforms. Surprise. Move on.

Smash attacks
Forward Smash: She swipes forwards and a white prismatic claw manifests following her motions. You deal the most damage with the projection.
Up Smash: Does half of a flip before kicking upwards, and then turns the rest of the way to land on her feet.
Down Smash: Claws into the ground with both hands, causing prismatic spikes to erupt from the ground before her. This is inspired by the divine dragon counterpart, Grima.

Aerials
Neutral: Think an upside-down spin kick like Kirby''s dash attack.
Forward: A quicker, less-mighty version of her forward smash.
Back: Reaches back and clenches her fist, with white fire bursting around her hand. This is very powerful.
Up: Points upwards and makes a small tornado of white fire from her fingertip.
Downwards; Spreads her legs apart and places her hands together below her, firing a blast of divine fire from her hands (think Kamehameha). One of the better meteor smash attacks.

Normals
Jab: One tap of A has Tiki levitate as she carries out a single forward punch, A again does a side kick while still afloat, and a final press does a round-house with the other foot.
Forward Tilt: Tiki floats upside down and does a kick. Kind of like Guile's upside down kick, only with a spin and a clean motion.
Down Tilt: Tiki swipes her hand while crouching with a prismatic trail. Anyone in contact is slashed.
Up Tilt: Raises her hand and draws a circle with her finger, leaving a prismatic trail like the move above, and also having a slash effect.
Dash: Her gliding dash transists into a barrel-roll of the sorts, creating a multi-hitting dash attack that ends in a floating shoulder charge.

Grab
Tiki holds the enemy with both of her hands, and can engulf them in divine flames by hitting A. All of her throws represent the fact manakete are incredibly strong.
Forward: Tiki raises them and winces as she creates an explosion of white fire, sending them flying.
Back: Delivers a mighty German suplex, because that is cute.
Down: Slams them into the ground, flies upwards (off-screen) as a glint of light and returns to deliver a earth-shaking stomp to their back.
Upward: Throws them upwards and blows them away with a blast of white fire from her mouth.

Arguments and Counterarguments

Work in progress.

Tiki is tied with Marth as one of the most playable character in Fire Emblem to date, this includes Marth's StreetPass appearance in Awakening. She has played a strong role in all five games and plays a pivotal role in the alternate timeline in Awakening. (Future Past 1-3 DLC)

Tiki did not necessarily need to return in Awakening as a new Divine Dragon could have easily taken her place, however, Intelligent Systems seemed to have put in her and tie her with Naga to help drive the plot of Awakening. She seemed to be important enough to be incorporated into Awakening as well as having fleshed out her personality which differed from that of 2000 years ago.

She has a unique playstyle and helps diversify the roster by being able to transform into a dragon, her moves can vary between a combination of dragon attacks, projections, breath, and magic something which no character currently offers. She would also become the first non-Lord to become playable as well as being the first Manakete introduced in Smash, which is a staple race/class within the Fire Emblem universe itself. Unlike other transforming characters, she could change weight and speed classes without making drastic changes to her moveset .

Tiki is not the most popular candidate nor is she highly requested as she must compete with characters such as Roy, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, etc for a third Fire Emblem spot. However, with that being said there are characters who have been in similar situation such as Pokemon Trainer whom have had it work out to their advantage by becoming a very favorable, likable, fun , and most importantly unexpected character in the end.

But her dragon form would make her too big for the game!
Get that **** out of your ear and head over to the Ridley thread.

And if the 3DS can handle this:
It can certainly handle big characters like Ridley and Tiki stacked up with Mega Mushrooms on Giant Mode if it were a game mode.

Here are also several popularity polls citing Tiki's overall popularity:

She ranked 6th in one poll feature all the characters:
source: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/fe13poll.jpg

And sixth among the female portion of the second poll in Japan:
source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html

She is a fairly popular character in Fire Emblem: Awakening in Japan
She ranked 13th in the US Facebook poll:
source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65812544

Palettes, Signature Icon, Music, Support List

Palette:

Icon:

Music:

Don't Speak Her Name!
This Little Divine Dragon (Shadow Dragon DS)
Duty (Ablaze)
Id (Purpose)

Id (Hope)

Divine Decree (Ablaze)

Support List:

kikaru
jaytalks
Opossum
BluePikmin11
Captain Hotcakes
ThatWasPeachy

Ismar-mar
IsmaR
cephalopod17
Hank Hill
grizby2
Hong
MaskO'Gears
Conren x2
Sobervivente
Pacack
SuperBrawler
andimidna
Mirron
TheMagicalKuja
ScatmansWorld25
Nightshade98

Conclusion

While Tiki is certainly not the most popular, well-known, or most requested character when it comes to Fire Emblem representation, she makes up a lot of it with her potential playstyle, relative importance to Intelligent Systems by becoming a recurring character in the series, and most importantly with her ability to diversify the roster from both a gameplay standpoint as well as a thematic standpoint. Overall, as unlikely as she may be, her addition would surprise most players but given time, her ability to change into a dragon as well as her goofy and sleepy character would certainly be able to win the hearts of many.

And don't forget to check out jaytalks' essay in the second post!
I may even quote the essay right after the OP :p

"It's strange. This power had always isolated me. Many were the days I wept alone, cursing the charge placed before me...
But now my power has a purpose, and the world needs it to avoid a ruinous future. And so I shall offer it freely. Allow me to join you...
I've had quite enough of living in solitude, thank you. Besides, I've always longed to better know this world. Now I can help you save it.”
- Tiki (Paralogue 17), Fire Emblem Awakening

[Spoilers to Awakening and other Fire Emblem games are ahead]

Dragons, Bridges, and Rebirths
by Jaytalks

It must be a curse to live such a long time. To watch as those around you eventually get older and no longer wish to play with you. To be forced to grow up yourself, at a rate that is inconsistent with what you have done up with the past. It used to be that you could stay the same for days. For years. But now, all of sudden, you have to change because of different attitudes and what others are doing around you. Such is the fate of a video game character.

That is the challenge faced by Nintendo. As the Wii U collects dust on store shelves, Nintendo is looking at its unaged franchise characters diminish in power and sales. Watching icons lose the power to be system sellers. But amidst the slow start of the Wii U, the future could not be brighter for the 3DS. One such title represents that change Nintendo needs to make. Fire Emblem: Awakening. A failing franchise undergoes a complete makeover to safe itself from oblivion, not by forgetting the past, but connecting the past series' history to the present gameplay changes to accommodate the modern era. No character embodies this rebirth better than Tiki. As one of the series strongest recurring characters, Tiki is the bridge between past and present for her series, and thus best represents Fire Emblem's current place in the Nintendo echelon of franchises, making her the perfect choice as a character for Smash.

It's an unwritten rule of video games that dragons are cool. Actually, in most fiction dragons are cool. Dragonball, Dragon Quest, Dragon Age, etc. When Fire Emblem was first released in 1990, the title was Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi. Which roughly translates into Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. They just had to have "dragon" in the title. The could have just called it Fire Emblem. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest have no subtitles, and neither does the games successor, Fire Emblem: Gaiden. They basically told us in the title: dragons are in this game and so you should buy it, and dragons are important to the overall plot. And the shadow dragon was. The playable dragon in the game was a girl from the Manakete tribe named Tiki.

Dragons have played a big role in Fire Emblem. Every time the series has relaunched, they put dragons prominently in the game. The series skipped a generation with no release on the N64. The Binding Blade presented itself with new gameplay mechanics, supports, calculations, etc. And Dragons. The Final Boss is a dragon. The playable character Fae is a manakete and a dragon. And it's prequel, the first international released game, also prominently features Dragons. Our hero's main love interest is half Dragon. The last chapter is also against a Fire Dragon released from Dragon's Gate. And every game in the series since has featured dragons as villains and as playable characters. Maybe the series should be called Dragon Emblem.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is a second rebirth for the series. Declining sales from the games last outings resulted in a Japan Only release for Fire Emblem 12. The series was underselling even it's home country and in danger of cancellation. But, by connecting the game to the series' most enduring land, characters, and franchises, while updating the mechanics to reach a broader audience, Awakening's sales soared. And the game featured dragons pretty prominently. Nowi is reached very early in the game, and the game's final chapter takes place on the back of the Dragon the heroes are trying to stop. And Tiki rests at Divine Dragon Grounds in order to awaken Naga's powers.​

Manaketes in the FE universe are long lived creatures, much like video game characters. They spend decades and centuries basically ageless. Despite the passage of time, they try to keep their youthful attitude for the most part. But when Tiki returns in Awakening, she has a sense of purpose and attitude. A change in personality after two thousand years. Much like the FE series itself, Tiki remembers her past. She remembers teaming up with Mar-Mar and growing distant from humanity. But by the games end, she decides to stop living in solitude and visit the human more. She changes.

Tiki is what Fire Emblem series was, has been, and its future. Dragons are one of the game's most recurring elements. Dragons within the series are often important and powerful creatures. Like the decades that have passed where Tiki meets humans, the heroes of Fire Emblem are going to be always changing. But Dragons are a constant. A dragon can bring the series new moves, and a different type of representation, while still representing the important aspects of the series. Tiki herself can bring a sense of history to the franchise representation. She can bring a sense of stability. Tiki can be bridge between the series past and its bright future. And she can represent the series' reawakening.

Fire Emblem more than any other Nintendo series is about rebirth. Rising from the ashes of defeat in order to clench victory. With 13 iterations (and a few BS titles) the series has constantly renewed its cast, style, difficulty, and message. But the message of Awakening is very clear; Awakening is about challenging fate and changing the future. Tiki represents that rebirth more than any other cast member from Awakening. And she would represent not only the game, but also the series as a whole, more than Ike, Chrom, Lucina, etc. Hopefully Nintendo takes the lessons of Awakening and Tiki, slightly readjusting their methods. Like Tiki, remember your history, be level with those around, and keep your eye towards the future.
Please read especially these 2 messages above before rating Tiki!
Don't give her a low score just because you have yet to consider her!!!
And if you don't know the character, just give a neutral want. 50%.
0% want is for when you would hate something!!!

Thank you!

For MORE information on Tiki... here's her page on Fire Emblem Wiki!!! http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Tiki

Tiki

Wiki page said:
Tiki

GameFire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~
Fire Emblem: Awakening
First SeenChapter 19: Manakete Princess (Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi
Chapter 14: A Mystery Revealed (Mystery of the Emblem)
Chapter 16: Naga's Voice (joins in Paralogue 17: The Threat of Silence) (Awakening)
Starting ClassManakete

“When their time comes, perhaps. That's why I feel a heaviness when I gaze up at night. I'm trapped down here on the earth, when all those I've loved are way up in the sky. So far way, beyond my reach... I wonder if they ever look down at me too.”
—Tiki in Xenologue 16 of Fire Emblem: Awakening

Tiki (チキ, Chiki) is a playable character hailing from the Akaneia Series of Fire Emblem Series and Fire Emblem: Awakening. In the Japanese version of Awakening, she is voiced by Ikue Ohtani[1], while she is voiced by Mela Lee in the English localisation.

Contents
[show]
ProfileEdit
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: Mystery of the EmblemEdit
Born on February 28th, 500 years before the start of the Akaneian Calender, Tiki is the Princess of the Divine Dragon tribe, and daughter of Naga. The power that she wields is one that is said to be so tremendous, to the point where if she were to degenerate, the humans residing within the continent of Akaneia would be eradicated. While the Binding Shield is supposed to prevent this, it is, however, stolen and broken apart by Adrah. In a desperate bid to shield the human race from the instability of Tiki's power, Naga makes the decision to send Tiki into a state of eternal slumber to suppress her power. Naga then, prior to her eventual passing, issues orders for Gotoh to watch over Tiki, and in the event that the shield is not restored, Tiki should be destroyed. Eons after this takes place, an old Manakete named Bantu takes pity on Tiki's plight and awakens her, and proceeds to introduce her into the realm of human civilisation, where he works tirelessly to care for her. This time of bliss proves to be transient, as the pair is later separated. Shortly after their separation, Tiki is captured and brainwashed by Gharnef, and is compelled to fight against Marth. Bantu succeeds in urging her to snap out of her trance, whereupon she resolves to join Marth's cause, with the jubilant eagerness that she displays in doing so possibly functioning as an indication of her having grown infatuated with him. The remainder of the war sees Tiki becoming acquainted with Xane, an individual who constantly frustrates her by imitating her actions. It is later revealed that Xane is an agent of Gotoh, sent to Tiki with the express purpose of protecting her.

After the War of Darkness concludes, Gotoh's attention is brought to the alarming revelation that an increasing number of Manaketes are slowly falling into madness. Fearing that Tiki will takes after her counterparts, he hurriedly takes Tiki to the Ice Dragon Temple, where he returns her to a state of deep slumber. This proves to be a double-edged sword, as his doing so essentially causes Tiki to be tormented by constant nightmares of her turning feral. Eventually, Gotoh entrusts her safety to Marth after he procures the Lightsphere, a relic that allows Tiki to freely cohabit with humans. The conclusion of the War of Heroes sees Tiki eventually taking up residence in Pales.

Fire Emblem: AwakeningEdit
Main StoryEdit

Tiki returns 2,000 years later as a priestess of Naga in Valm, where she is reverentially known as the "Voice of the Divine Dragon", a being who is believed to be able to resonate with Naga and convey her blessings unto the common citizenry. Tiki resides in the Mila Tree, where she, prior to the events of Awakening, has kept safeguarded the blue gem of the Fire Emblem, Azure, for millennia, ever since the point in time where the gems were distributed.

Tiki is first introduced in the events of Awakening in Chapter 16, where she, upon rousing from her slumber and setting eyes on Lucina, mistakes her for Marth, and thereafter affectionately refers to her as "Mar-Mar". Lucina then clarifies the truth of her identity, compelling Tiki to stand corrected, whereupon she briefly forlornly reminisces over the long-deceased Marth. Quickly snapping out of her reverie, Tiki then proceeds to ask Chrom if he has the Fire Emblem in his possession. Upon being presented with the Fire Emblem, she questions the whereabouts of the Gemstones, save for Argent and Azure. Receiving confusion in response to her remark, Tiki then explains that each one of the Gemstones is infused with a portion of Naga's power, and when mounted on the appropriate alcoves on the Fire Emblem, grants its wielder the ability to perform the rite of Awakening that is required to vanquish Grima. She then goes on to explain that this very fact has resulted in the Gemstones being deliberately removed from the shield and dispersed, before entrusting Azure into Chrom's care and assigning him the task of locating the three remaining Gemstones. Just as Chrom's party is about to depart to begin their search for the remaining Gemstones, Tiki, upon sensing the fell energies of Grima manifesting within the Avatar's core, halts him/her in his/her tracks, faintly remarking that he/she possesses a power that resembles hers. As the Avatar responds in incredulity, Tiki hurriedly recomposes herself, passing off her words as nothing more than ones that are articulated without given due thought as a result of her grogginess from waking up. She decides to remain in the Mila Tree in the meantime.

Tiki later reappears in Paralogue 17, where she, entering the realm of the hallowed Divine Dragon Grounds, prepares to perform a ritual in order to awaken the powers of Naga residing within her. Requiring her to lapse into a resolute state of meditative immobility, her attempt to do so is, however, one that is beset with threat, as a hoard of Risen soldiers appear with the intent of assassinating her. The threat is contained with the aid of Say'ri, Chrom, and the Avatar's efforts, allowing Tiki to complete the ritual. Upon regaining her vigour, Tiki enlists into the ranks of Chrom's army, resolving to defeat Grima. Alternatively, if Tiki is slain, the ritual will end in failure, rendering her incapable of being recruited.

After the war ends, Tiki returns to the Divine Dragon Grounds, where she sleeps for several days. The life that she thereafter leads is one that is marked by her paying frequent visits to the humans inhabiting the nearby settlements.

The Future PastEdit
Tiki plays a pivotal role in motivating the events of the Future Past DLC episodes, where she is first introduced at the end of the first Future Past episode. In response to Lucina's surprise at her appearing in the basement of Ylisstol instead of Mount Prism, she reveals that the mountain has been conquered by the Risen. She then proceeds to question the whereabouts of the other children characters, and, although vexed upon learning that they had been sent on the perilous mission to retrieve the Gemstones, expresses understanding over Lucina's intent of saving the world by means of performing the Awakening. While in the midst of encouraging Lucina to have faith in the children's survival, Tiki suddenly senses the manifestation of a malicious force within the room. Swiftly responding by pushing Lucina out of harm's way, she is fatally wounded in the process.

The horrific proceedings continue after the conclusion of The Future Past 2, where Tiki, in her death throes, urges Lucina to do all she can within her power to save the world from ruin. She then expires, leaving Lucina to howl in agony and grief.

The significance of Tiki's role does not end on this note, however. At the end of The Future Past 3, after the destitute future-Avatar overcomes Grima's control over his/her body and successfully warps Chrom's army out of his/her world, the soul of Tiki manifests in the Outrealm Gate. Here, she, by virtue of Naga's counterpart in her world having been overwhelmed by Grima, calmly asserts that she will assume the role of the new Naga in said world instead. Tiki's soul then returns to Ylisstol, where she unveils her new identity and calmly reveals that the continued existence of her soul is entirely attributed to the timely intervention of the Avatar, who had effectively prevented it from being destroyed. She further crushes Grima's hopes by revealing that as a result of him engaging in the sacrilege of the divinity of Mount Prism, he had effectively sealed his doom by compelling Naga's power to be concentrated in Ylisstol instead. Granted the authority to resonate with the performer of the rite of Awakening and thence bequeath the power of Naga unto him/her, Tiki then accepts Lucina's covenant. The true power of Falchion awakened, Lucina proceeds to harness it in administering the final decisive blow onto Grima. After Grima has been obliterated, Tiki sadly informs Lucina that because of her role as the new Naga of their world, she can no longer coexist amongst humans anymore. Promising to watch over Lucina and her companions from the heavens with the Hero King Marth, Tiki then fades away.

SupportsEdit
See also: Tiki/Supports
In her supports with the male Avatar, Tiki draws similarities between him and Marth, noting their common inclination to possess a kind and gentle demeanor. She even mistakenly calls him "Mar-Mar", much to their mutual embarrassment. However, if the pair manage to achieve an S-Support, Tiki will no longer refer to him as such, as she views him as a unique individual whom she has fallen in love with.

In her supports with the female Avatar, the female Avatar finds out that Tiki can communicate in her sleep. She seizes the opportunity to ask Tiki about the time she had spent in the Ice Dragon Temple in ages past, unwittingly causing Tiki to dredge up painful memories of her desolateness there. She does, however, noticeably calm down when she recalls Marth coming to her rescue. When the Avatar asks her if Tiki had loved him, Tiki refuses to answer. Upon waking up, Tiki does not remember the Avatar ever having asked her questions, but recalls a nightmare where "an awful hag" had persistently pestered her with questions. Tiki falls back into her state of slumber, and the Avatar, unfazed by her earlier words, attempts once more to pry more answers from her, only to be threatened to stop.

In her supports with Lucina, Lucina makes a number of queries regarding Marth, not just due to how she had once assumed his name, but also because Tiki had known of him in her younger years. Tiki fondly reminisces over Marth, before coldly asserting that taking the name of the Hero-King is a high honour, and ill-suited to be assumed by anyone. Upon watching Lucina around camp, however, Tiki is forced to recognise Lucina's worth in assuming the name, as a result of her uncanny ability to pull people together and build up rapport with them, much like Marth had been able to.

In her supports with Nah, Nah poses a fairly sensitive question on the Manakete way of life. Tiki responds by informing Nah that, as a Manakete, she is burdened with a cruel fate that all Manaketes must accept - That of outliving all of her human friends and losing them to the passage of time, much like how she had lost her beloved Marth. Albeit hesitantly, Nah accepts her fate, but not without requesting that Tiki be her friend, all so that she will have at least one who will live just as long as she will, to which Tiki agrees.

PersonalityEdit
In the events of the Akaneia Series, Tiki appears to be rather childish, despite her lifespan far exceeding that of humans. She shares a close relation with both Marth and Bantu, affectionately referring to them by specially-contrived nicknames - "Mar-Mar" (お兄ちゃん Onii-chan, lit. Elder Brother in the Japanese version) and "Ban-Ban" (お爺さん Oji-san, lit. Grandfather in the Japanese version) respectively. The subjection of Tiki to a long slumber has inevitably caused her to develop both hypnophobia and autophobia, as elucidated by the sheer pain that the memory of sleeping in desolation in the Ice Dragon Temple brings to her.

2,000 years later in Awakening, Tiki has matured significantly, where she upkeeps a decorum of calm collectedness, although the youthful capriciousness does occasionally reveal itself (particularly when mistaking Lucina and the male Avatar for her beloved, but long-departed, "Mar-Mar"). She aspires to preserve the memory of her long departed friends, vowing to protect the future that they had fought for as she does so. In spite of this, however, Tiki does succumb to despair from time to time, where she pines for her friends from long ago. These lapses are but transient in nature, as they are always followed up by her recomposing herself and recognising the pain of losing her loved ones to time as part and parcel of her life of immortality. To this end, she continues to seek the pursuit of making friends, even with the people belonging to the current era. She sleeps often, and has the ability to answer questions in her sleep. She has the scariest face while waking up in the army.

In GameEdit
Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no TsurugiEdit
RecruitmentEdit
In Chapter 19, talk to Tiki (Enemy unit) with Bantu.

Base StatsEdit
Starting Class Level HP Str Skl Spd Lck Wlv Def Res Move Weapon Starting Items
Manakete 5 24 3 3 3 Varies* 9 5 0 6 Dragonstone Divinestone
*The Luck of characters which start out as enemies varies.

Growth RatesEdit
HP Str Skl Spd Luk Wlv Def Res
80% 50% 90% 90% 90% 70% 0% 0%
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the EmblemEdit
RecruitmentEdit
  • Book 1 - In Chapter 15, talk to Tiki (Enemy unit) with Bantu.
  • Book 2 - In Chapter 14, talk to Tiki (Enemy unit) with Marth after obtaining the Starsphere.
Base StatsEdit
Book 1

Manakete

Divine Dragon 5 16 3 3 4 12 9 3 10 5 Dragonstone

Breath Divinestone

Ice Breath
Book 2

Manakete

Divine Dragon) 6 18 6 6 6 13 20 5 10 5 Dragonstone

Breath) Divinestone

Mist Breath)
Growth RatesEdit
Book 1

80% 50% 90% 90% 90% 0% 0% 3%
Book 2

80% 40% 30% 60% 60% 0% 0% 3%
Fire Emblem: Shadow DragonEdit
RecruitmentEdit
In Chapter 19, talk to Tiki (Enemy unit) with Bantu.

Base StatsEdit
Starting Class Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Move Weapon Starting Items
Manakete 1 18 3 0 3 4 12 3 10 6 Dragonstone Divinestone
Growth RatesEdit
HP Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
90% 50% 10% 80% 80% 90% 20% 2%
Support RelationshipsEdit
Supports

Supported by

Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~Edit
RecruitmentEdit
In Chapter 14, talk to Tiki (Enemy unit) with Marth after obtaining the Starsphere.

Base StatsEdit
Starting Class Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Move Weapon Starting Items
Manakete 6 18 6 0 6 6 13 5 10 6 Dragonstone Divinestone
Growth RatesEdit
90% 50% 20% 80% 80% 90% 20% 5%
Support RelationshipsEdit
Supports

Supported by

RecruitmentEdit
Recruited at the end of Paralogue 17. Tiki must survive the chapter.

Base StatsEdit
  • Normal
  • Hard
  • Lunatic
  • SpotPass

Starting Class Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Move
Manakete 20 39 18 10 14 16 18 15 12 6
Skill Weapon Starting Items
Odd Rhythm
Wyrmsbane Stone Dragonstone+
Growth RatesEdit
130% 60% 45% 55% 50% 80% 60% 60%
Max Stat ModifiersEdit
Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
+0 -1 +0 +1 +2 +1 +2
SupportsEdit
Class SetsEdit
OverallEdit
Shadow DragonEdit
Tiki is a brilliant unit and will easily max out Skill, Speed, and Luck. This is not only because of her astute growths, but also the result of each one of her stats possessing caps of 20 (Apart from HP, which caps at 60.) To this end, however, it is difficult to attain these caps without the aid of stat-boosting items. It must be said that even without capping all her stats, Tiki will remain resolutely competent regardless, thanks to the stat increase from her Divinestone. The one main drawback to Tiki is that the Divinestone is only limited to 30 uses, that which can be temporarily fixed by using the Starsphere to prevent it from losing durability until the Starlight is procured. Other options include not obtaining the Starlight tome and keep the Starsphere and Lightsphere separate from each other, or simply use the Hammerne Staff on the Divinestone. This will allow Tiki to be reach Level 30 with ease, a fact that is especially useful in the final chapter, as the Divinestone is effective against both manaketes and Earth Dragons alike.

AwakeningEdit
In Game
Tiki is similar to Nowi in terms of class sets, but stat-wise, Tiki differs from Nowi, by virtue of excelling in Skill, Speed, Luck and Defense, and also being slightly weaker in terms of Strength and Resistance. However, her high Luck means that her chances of being beset by critical attacks are significantly lowered, alongside boosting the accuracy of her attacks. Also, Tiki is blessed with the tendency to receive at least 4 stat ups per level up on average until her stats begin to max out, allowing her battle prowess to be enhanced with ease. Starting off as a Level 20 Manakete with the Wyrmsbane skill, Tiki is essentially an effective Wyvern Rider killer right from the moment she joins, although she will need to re-class several times in order to boost her stats. With her stature as the Divine Dragon, it is best that Tiki return to this class once she has acquired enough useful skills from other classes.

Tiki's two re-class options include the Mage and Wyvern Rider lines. From the Mage class line, Tiki is able to procure the Focus, Slow Burn, and Lifetaker skills, all of which makes her a serious threat when functioning as a solo unit. The Wyvern Rider class line, on the other hand, allows her to learn such skills like Swordbreaker to deal with Wyrmslayers, and also Quick Burn to make her a decent initial attacker.

SpotPass
SpotPass Tiki is fittingly weaker than her future self, though she possesses slightly more Resistance and Magic than said future counterpart. Nevertheless, SpotPass Tiki has her own advantages above her future counterpart, including having a larger set of possible classes, that which in turn presents her the opportunity to learn a cornucopia of skills that said future self can never learn, including the likes of such attack-based skills like Astra and Ignis, defensive-based skills like Pavise and Aegis, and the incredibly useful Galeforce.

QuotesEdit
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the EmblemEdit
“Uncle Ban...”
—Tiki's death quote in book 1 of Mystery of the Emblem.

“Marth...”
—Tiki's death quote in book 2 of Mystery of the Emblem.

Fire Emblem: Shadow DragonEdit
“Ban-Ban...Why...why did you...leave me?”
—Tiki's death quote as a boss in Shadow Dragon.

“No...I don't want to be...alone...”
—Tiki's death quote in Shadow Dragon.

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the EmblemEdit
“Mar-Mar...”
—Tiki's death quote in Classic Mode in New Mystery of the Emblem.

“Oh, I'm sorry... Mar-Mar... I'm going back...”
—Tiki's retreat quote in Casual Mode in New Mystery of the Emblem.

Event TilesEdit
  • "...What is this?" (item)
  • "Ah, it's good to catch up with people. So much of the world has changed!" (exp)
  • "It felt good to sneak in some practice. How long has it been?" (weapon exp)
Relationship TilesEdit
Asking
  • "Say, how do you pass your time in camp?" (free time)
  • "What are you grinning about? Let me guess—you want my hair ornament." (happy)
  • "I've met so many people with just as many dreams. What is it that you strive for?" (dreams)
  • "Can I count on you in the coming battle? I need a strong fighting partner like you." (team up)
Replying
  • "I do as much as I can. Walks, cooking... I never know when my next sleep will come." (free time)
  • "No, silly! You're just fun to be around. You remind me of someone I was once close to." (happy)
  • "I want lots of friends. I know I'll lose them one day, but it beats never meeting at all." (dreams)
  • "Of course. I'll do my best. And it's always flattering to be asked for help!" (team up)
Asking - Married
  • "My love, promise you'll stay with me as long as you can. I can't bear to lose you to war." (promise)
  • "Every day makes you a finer man, my love. I wish I could grow old like you." (compliment)
  • "I wish we could stay together always, Avatar." (love)
  • "What have you got there, Avatar? I don't remember seeing that before." (gift)
Replying - Married
  • "I fear I will be the one left behind. But I'll stay with you until the day you pass me by." (promise)
  • "Really? I'm fairly certain I'm the same as always, but it's still nice of you to say." (compliment)
  • "I love you too-more with each passing day." (love)
  • "It's a dragonstone from long ago. Its power is gone, so...why don't you keep it for me?" (gift)
Asking - Child
  • "You sleep even more than me, Morgan. Maybe we should compete to stay awake!" (train)
  • "Morgan, do you need anything? I'd like to get a gift for my daughter." (gift)
  • "Morgan, you look sleepy. Need a dose of dragonbreath to wake you up?" (concern)
  • "Goodness, Morgan, I'm still amazed I even HAVE a child. ...Tell me about the future." (story)
Replying - Child
  • "Well, all right, but I'll have to hold back. Otherwise I'll destroy you in seconds." (train)
  • "How about a hair ornament? I've been wearing this one for ages. ...Literally." (gift)
  • "Really? How odd. I feel just fine. Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it will pass." (concern)
  • "Well, it's a long story, VERY long, in fact. How about one little anecdote? I used to be friends with Marth, the famous king. He was a kind man, but... But he had a commanding gaze. I miss him greatly, and I shall never forget him." (story)
Level UpEdit
  • "I must protect this world my friends saved." (6+ stats up)
  • "I miss being in the heat of battle like this!" (4-5 stats up)
  • "I feel a little stronger." (2-3 stats up)
  • "At 3,000, it gets harder to learn new things..." (0-1 stats up)
  • "There's not much more I can learn this century." (0-1 stats up, most stats capped)
Class ChangeEdit
  • "Our journey together continues. I see."
ArmoryEdit
  • "Ah, shopping! Finally, a concept older than I am." (buying)
  • "I wish I kept my old stuff. It'd be worth a fortune now." (selling)
  • "A fine weapon develops a history all its own." (forging)
BarracksEdit
Alone
  • "*Yawn* I'm getting sleepy..." (misc)
  • "Look at me go! I could not ask for a better day." (surge)
Greetings - Normal
  • "Hello, Avatar. It’s been a while since I felt this awake!" (morning)
  • "Hello, Avatar. Checking in on everyone? I approve." (midday)
  • "Hello, Avatar. Doing your evening rounds? I approve." (evening)
  • "Zzzz...H-huh? Oh. Avatar. Did I drift off?" (night)
  • "Happy birthday, Avatar. Have you hit a century yet?" (birthday)
Greetings - Married
  • "Hello, Avatar. *Yawn* It takes me so long to wake up!"(morning)
  • "Hello, Avatar. I’m finally starting to wake up." (midday)
  • "Hello, Avatar. I’m ready for a nap. ...You?" (evening)
  • "Hello, Avatar. Shall we call it a night?" (night)
  • "Happy birthday, Avatar. Have you hit a century yet?" (birthday)
RosterEdit
The Voice of the Divine Dragon. While mature, she also has a child-like side. Being a dragonkin, she has lived since days of yore and was friends with the Hero-King, Marth. The most likely to sleep in. Born on February 28th.

ConfessionEdit
“I know that to love another, I must watch the world move past him. But such short years make an eternity worth living.”
—Tiki's confession quote

Final ChapterEdit
“You are not Grima, nor is he you. Remember that, Avatar!”
—Tiki's final chapter quote.

“The world has been plucked from the maw of darkness!”
—Tiki's quote after Grima was defeated by Chrom

“I love you, Avatar. And I would have both you and our world safe and at peace.”
—Tiki reassuring the Avatar for their choice if she is his wife.

“Avatar put others before himself/herself. No one can question his/her character. But his/her work is not done. He/She is still needed here.”
—Tiki's quote after the Avatar's sacrifice of killing Grima

DLC Pre-BattleEdit
The Golden Gaffe Pre-Battle
“Thousands of years I've lived, and this is my first fight over spending money. But I am part of this army, and I will do my part. ...Now let's get this farce over with so I can forget it ever happened.”
—Tiki's pre-battle quote.

EXPonential Growth Pre-Battle
“I suppose you like vegetables because they're healthy. You want to live longer, yes? I know. There's just one catch... You already died ages ago!”

Infinite Regalia Pre-Battle
“I...know you. That grisly guise you wear is not enough to blind me. You died to protect something. Will you now destroy it? Then know I will stop you-to honor your last wish and defend the children.”

Death's Embrace Pre-Battle
“Look at all these piteous souls crying out for salvation... Be at ease - your toils are over. You needn't struggle any longer. I shall end your worldy torments... and this time, death will bring you peace.”

Five-Anna Firefight Pre-Battle
“My, this is hot. It reminds me of the boneyard where fire dragons go to die. Not that I remember where that is anymore. Nor the temple where I slept for so long... Still, I mustn't let my age keep me locked in the past. This fight is about today!”

Roster Rescue Pre-Battle
“It's quite vexing not knowing what information of ours is out there... Long ago, I went through a bit of a rough patch, crying and brooding all the time... If that ever got out, my credibility as Naga's Voice could be severely hurt!”

Summer Scramble Pre-Battle
“What a magnificent land this is. And until now, a peaceful one, I'm sure... How sad that even the pettiest of evils can transform peace into chaos. But still believe in the future you hoped for, Mar-Mar. Its day will come...”

Hot-Spring Scramble Pre-Battle
“It's been eons since I've had occasion to visit a hot spring... Humans have sought their curative properties since time immemorial. But perhaps their greatest strength is their ability to bring people together...”

BattleEdit
Dual Support
  • "You are safe with me."
  • "I'll protect you."
  • "Together!"
  • "We can do this."
  • "I'm right here."
  • "Come."
  • "They'll not get past."
  • "Get ready."
  • "After you."
  • "I believe in you."
Dual Guard
  • "Are you all right?"
Dual Strike
  • "Pay attention!"
  • "I will aid you!"
  • "My turn!"
Critical
  • "Watch this!"
  • "Goodbye..."
  • "This might get unpleasant!"
  • "Not a step closer!"
Partner Defeated Enemy
  • "Thank you"
  • "Impressive!"
Enemy Defeated
  • "I'm sorry."
  • "Was that too much?"
  • "Sleep well..."
  • " *giggle*"
Defeated By Enemy
  • "No..."
Death/RetreatEdit
“......”
—Tiki's death quote in Paralogue 17

“I won't have to be alone...anymore...”
—Tiki's death quote after recruitment (classic mode)

“I'm s-sorry. Chrom... I can't fight... Not like this...”
—Tiki's retreat quote after recruitment (casual mode)

As a SpotPass Unit
Parley Quote
“I am the last of the divine dragons.”
—Tiki's parley quote
Battle Quote “No... Stop... Come no closer...”
—Tiki's pre-battle quote
Join Quote “Promise? I hate being alone...”
—Tiki's join quote

EndingsEdit
Fire Emblem Shadow DragonEdit
Tiki - Dragon Scion
Tiki lived a peaceful life with Bantu. She spoke fondly of her adventures with Marth, even long after they had ended.
Fire Emblem Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~Edit
Tiki - Divine Princess

Tiki lived happily in the palace town, surrounded by her dearest friends.
Fire Emblem AwakeningEdit
Tiki - Divine Voice
Exhausted from the war, Tiki returned to the Divine Dragon Grounds and slept for several days. Afterward, she was said to come down and visit the people regularly.
Tiki and the Avatar
Many wrote of Avatar's legendary exploits, but accounts of his origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on one thing alone--he loved his wife, Tiki, above all else.
TriviaEdit
  • The Einherjar voice glitch only happens when Tiki's SpotPass incarnate is untransformed. This is most likely due to the fact that the there are no Avatar quotes contrived for the Manakete form, that which is attributed to the Avatar not being able to be class changed into a Manakete.
wiki continued said:
wiki continued said:

Concept artwork of Tiki from Awakening.

Official artwork of Tiki from Mystery of the Emblem.

Official artwork of Tiki from The Complete.

Official artwork of Tiki from Shadow Dragon.

Official artwork from the Fire Emblem: Memorial Book Akaneia Chronicle, featuring Tiki taking on a pallor of enraptured wonder in response to a tale imparted to her by Bantu.

Official Awakening artwork, featuring Tiki and Nowi after the events of their conversation in Harvest Scramble.

Tiki, as she appears in the promotional series of the TCG as a Level 10 Manakete.

Tiki, as she appears in the promotional series of the TCG as a Level 15 Manakete.

Tiki, as she appears in sixth series of the TCG as a Level 20 Manakete.

CG artwork featuring Tiki with her hand linked to that of Gotoh's, derived from the ending of Mystery of the Emblem.

CG artwork of a brainwashed Tiki sitting atop a throne in Shadow Dragon.

CG artwork of Tiki being brainwashed by Gharnef in Shadow Dragon.

CG artwork of Tiki lying in a fetal position as she is encircled by Naga's body in New Mystery of the Emblem.

CG artwork of Tiki confessing her feelings to the Avatar in Awakening.

Tiki's portrait in Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi.

Tiki's portrait in Book 1 of Mystery of the Emblem.

Tiki's portrait in Book 2 of Mystery of the Emblem.

Tiki's portrait in Shadow Dragon.

Tiki's portrait in New Mystery of the Emblem.

Tiki's portrait in Awakening.

Tiki's untransformed sprite in Mystery of the Emblem.

Tiki's battle model as an untransformed Manakete in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem.

Tiki's battle model as an untransformed Manakete in '"Awakening.

Tiki's battle model as a transformed Manakete in Awakening.

Tiki's battle model as a Mage in Awakening.

Tiki's battle model as a Sage in Awakening.

Tiki's battle model as a Dark Knight in Awakening.

Tiki's battle model as a Wyvern Rider in Awakening.

Tiki's battle model as a Wyvern Lord in Awakening.

Tiki's battle model as a Griffon Rider in Awakening.

Tiki's battle model as a Bride in Awakening.

Tiki's untransformed Manakete map sprite in Mystery of the Emblem.

Tiki's transformed Manakete map sprite in Mystery of the Emblem.

Tiki's default map sprite in Awakening.
Also check out HotFeet444's top 10 newcomer video for further explanation on why Tiki would make such a great character.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkKzK6CbDjE&feature=share&list=UUIl2rp9NLtax9drETM2ImZA&index=4

Is she unique?

Yes. Easily the most unique pick from Fire Emblem as a whole, and is the 6th most unique videogame character rated so far on the Uniqueness Tier List Thread.

Is she popular?

Yes. She may be less recognized relating to Smash Bros, but among the Awakening fanbase especially in Japan she is very popular.

Is she iconic?

Yes. She is one of the icons of the series. She always has major story relevance all the way from the original game to Awakening, and is known for her many playable appearances. I can't think of a character that's been playable more times than Tiki.
Of the characters viable for Smash, she has the most playable appearances.
I'm not including Robin or Tactician, that's complicated:

Tiki: 5
Marth: 4
Ike: 2
Leif: 2
Micaiah: 1 or 2?
Chrom: 1
Lucina: 1
Anna: 1
Tharja: 1
Roy: 1
Lyn: 1
Eliwood: 1
Hector: 1
Seliph: 1
Ephraim: 1
Eirika: 1
Lissa: 1

Did I forget anybody?

Is she important?

Yes. In her 5 playable appearances she always has major story importance and playability.
Unlike other recurring characters...

Is she recurring?

Like I've said before, Anna and Tiki are the most recurring Fire Emblem characters viable for Smash.
There are a few other recurring characters... but they are way too obscure.

Is she recent?

2013 is recent in my book.

Is she deserving?

Because of everything above... yes. She is deserving.

Chance: 30%
You think this is too high? You think I shouldn't rate her higher than Anna?
Well, I honestly think Anna has a 35% chance, so I'm not.
I think Chrom has an 80%, and Lucina and Robin are 50/50.
So she has competition, but until one of them is confirmed, her chances don't get hurt because of them.
Similar to Rosalina. Some people said she had 0 chance because of her competition, but didn't think of her actual character.
Want: 100000%
I love Tiki!!!!!!

Zoroark:
Okay... I honestly think if we were to get a 6th Pokemon it would be this guy.
But first we'd need Brawl + Mewtwo + a 6th Mario rep...
He's so great... but...

I'll determine my chance after I see what others think. I'm not too sure.
Chance: 7.77%
Want: 77.77%
I really like Zoroark too, as you can see, he's even higher than Tiki on the uniqueness chart by a couple places. She may be A+, but only Lip, Bayonetta, Zoroark, and Chibi Robo have been able to snag S tier!
His moveset would be awesome for sure!
One of the coolest Pokemon ever created IMO.
If I was making the roster, I'd remove Jiggs for him in a heartbeat. But sadly she's an original...
Gen 6 may have hurt his chances, but it didn't hurt my want for him :)
Probably my #2 favorite Pokemon after Gardevoir

Predictions:
N: 2.45%
All Popular Newcomer Candidates: 5%?

Nominations:
x3 Captain Syrup
x2 Gardevoir

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Tiki: 1.11%
Want: 30% It depends on how her moveset is designed... Plus I want Chrom... So yeah...

Zoroark: 2% Sorry, but until Mario gets six characters, Mewtwo will have to do.
Want: 100% I can still dream tho.

N: 0.12%
All Popular Characters: 2.13%

x4 Dixie Kong
x1 Zip

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I meant moveset design.
Did the movesets I posted interest you at all?
I'm just re-posting them as they were hidden away in a quote and a spoiler.

Moveset A: Shadow Dragon Projections.
*Both humanoid and dragon forms share the same standards and specials. Her human form will deal 20% reduced damage.*

B: Firestone. A projection of the Divine Dragon raises above Tiki and unleashes a torrent of fire diagonally downwards in front of her, TIki will also blow out fire as well, this allows for an interesting angle of attack/edgeguard while remaining on the ground. The flame weakens over time and applies a burn debuff if the opponent is in the flame for 2 seconds.

B>: Icestone. Tiki leans over and unleashes a linear, short ranged, icy breath in front of her. As Tiki continues to blow out a frozen flurry a projection of the Divine Dragon slowly rises behind Tiki and assists her in breathing out ice after two seconds. With the help of the projection the overall breath of ice will encompass a longer and wider range once the Divine Dragon begins to assist her. Enemies hit for more than 2 seconds will have a chill debuff and lose 15% movement speed and jumping height as a result for 3 seconds.

B^: Divine Flight. Tiki and a projection of the Divine Dragon leap straight into the air dealing damage to all enemies in a small area around her as she ascends upwards (Think Charizard's B^). This attack hits multiple times as Tiki travels upwards and ends with a powerful strike that deals the full amount of damage whether in humanoid or dragon form.

Bv: Transform. Tiki transforms into the Divine Dragon. In this form Tiki will be slightly slower and become much larger, however, similar to a dragon she will gain tough resistances making it more difficult to KO her off the stage, additionally all her attacks will deal the full amount of damage.
When Tiki transforms back into her humanoid form she will enjoy both a smaller hitbox and increased mobility but at the cost of lower resistances and damage output.

Tiki reverts back to human form, if not already, and unleashes the power of the Divinestone. With the Divinestone's power Tiki's specials are altered accordingly:

B: Holy Flames. Tiki fans out a torrent of holy fire in her, enemies hit for more than 2 seconds receive the Holy debuff and will heal Tiki when they take additional damage. The ground will also continue to be ignited by holy fire, dealing 2% damage per second to enemies standing in the flames while healing Tiki for half the amount. The flames last until the Final Smash wears off.

B>: Divine Blast. Tiki quickly fires off a massive ball of holy energy straight in front of her. After hitting a target or reaching its maximum range it will explode and deal massive damage to enemies behind the target. All targets hit will have Holy applied.

B^: Tiki flies upwards and bursts with holy energy in an area around her upon reaching maximum height. Enemies will have Holy applied if hit at maximum height.

All A-moves will be similar in both forms, her humanoid form will use a projection.

Standards:

Tilts:

Etc:

Aerials:

Smash:

Idle:

Moveset B: Without Projections.
Both humanoid and dragon forms will have different standards and specials.

Humanoid Form:

B: Firestone. Tiki briefly charges up an explosive fireball that travels straight in front of her. While the fireball is travelling it can be detonated by pressing B, colliding with an object, or after a certain time. If there is walkable terrain below the explosion radius then it will be covered in flames, enemies who walk over the flames will be dealt a small amount of damage while walking in the fire.

B>: Icestone. Tiki leans over and unleashes a torrent of ice, the angle of her icy breath can move up to 30 degrees with respect to the horizontal. Her icy breath will enjoy increased range and area the longer she uses it up to a 150% increase and can even cause the ground to be slippery for a short time. Enemies will be afflicted with a chill debuff if they're in her breath for 2 seconds (Chill reduces movement speed and jumping height by 15% for 3 seconds).

B^: Wyvernstone. Tiki sprouts wyvern wings from her back and ascends upwards dealing damage to enemies around her.

Bv: Transform.

With the power of the legendary Divinestone Tiki transforms into the Divine Dragon (If she is not in this form already) and flies into the background. A cutscene will occur in which Tiki lets out a mighty roar before igniting the entire battlefield with divine fire after which the final smash ends. The flames will continue to burn out every platform for 15 seconds while healing Tiki a portion of the damage all enemies take.

Standards:
A: Tiki swipes out at a target in front of her.
A-A: Tiki swipes twice at a target in front of her.
A-A-A: Tiki swipes twice and finishes with an explosive breath directly in front of her.

Tilts:
A Tilt >: Tiki shoots out a ball of fire that explodes a short distance in front of her.
A Tilt ^: Tiki performs a flip kick that can strike twice.
A Tilt v: Tiki crouches and breathes out a shard of ice in front of her.

Etc:
A Dash: Tiki pirouettes a distance in front of her while blowing out fire.
A Crouch: Tiki performs a crouch kick.

Aerials:
Aerial Neutral: Tiki spins around while breathing fire in a circle.
Aerial ^: Tiki performs a flip kick.
Aerial <: Tiki kicks behind her.
Aerial >: Tiki shoots out an explosive fireball directly in front of her.

Smash:
A>: Tiki pulls in a breath in breathes out fire in front of her.
Av: Tiki pulls in a breath and shoots ice directly beneath her, this causes a field of icy shards to protrude from the ground around her.
A^: Tiki pulls in a breath and fires a barrage of icicles above her.

Idle:

Dragon Form

B: Firestone. As a dragon Tiki charges up the fire within her and can unleash a quick burst of flame while igniting the area in front of her. The longer she charges the more area she can ignite, all enemies who make contact with ignited ground will be dealt 1% per second and will have a burn debuff. The debuff continuously refreshes until the enemy is not standing in an ignited area. Enemies can also take up to 20% damage from a fully charged initial burst of flame.

B>: Icestone. As a dragon Tiki aims her head diagonally towards the air and shoots out a breath of ice. The ice will travel in an arc and slowly descend downwards dealing damage to enemies and chilling them.

B^: Divine Flight. As a dragon Tiki launches herself up into the air dealing damage to enemies in an area around her.

Bv: Transform. Tiki transforms back to normal.

Standards:

Tilts:

Etc:

Aerials:

Smash:

Idle:
Tiki lets out a yawn and curls up into a sleeping position.
Tiki sneezes a fiery sneeze.
Tiki throws her head back and lets out a roar.

Moveset C: Jaytalks' Moveset
*For whatever reason the collapse tags splits the moveset into two

Ground Speed: 5/10. Tiki has the speed of your average fighter.
Air Speed 7/10: Tiki excels in the air and moves rather well.
Size: 10/10: Tiki's head is crouched a bit
Weight: 7/10: Tiki is a heavier character, but not the heaviest.
Fall Speed 6/10: Tiki does not fall as fast due to her wings.
Jump Height 8/10: Tiki initial jumps aren't high, but can flap her wings to get a few extra jumps.
Traction: 4/10 Tiki's traction is slightly below average.

Tiki is a heavier character. In terms of character archetypes, she is closest to a defensive character like a poker as she strongest in the mid range. Her long head and tail give her a good number of mid range attacks. But she doesn't necessarily have the strongest knock out attacks like most characters her size.

A-A-A: For the first attack Tiki attacks with a uppward headbutt Her second attack is a left wing strike. Her final attack is a light hit from her tail hitting from the right side.
A- forward: Tiki attacks with a big swing of her tail from the left side.
A-up: Tiki does a half front flip and hit her opponent with her tail from the top. She complete the flip and resumes her nomal stance
Crouching: Tiki is on all fours while crouching.
A-down: Tiki hits with a light hit from her tail from the left side.

Smash Attacks
Forward: Breath of Fire: Tiki does a fire blast that aim from her mouth to a 45 degree angle to the ground.
The fire is not a projectile and does not move far past her.
Down: Tailspin: Tiki does a giants low spinning swing of her tail from the right side spins all the way around.
Up: Dragon Roar: Tiki stands in the middle, holds her arms in, and puts her head slightly down. She rises her head up and lets out a roar. The sound and her head hit anyone directly on top of her.

Aerials
Nair: Tiki does a forward head smash.
Fair: Tiki lets out a breath of fire from left to right while in the air. it does not extend far beyond her body (breath dragon attack from Radian Dawn enemies)
Dair: Tiki hits her tail down and does a flip.
Bair:Tiki hits with her tail from the back.

Specials:
Neutral: Dragon Crunch: Tiki lunges slightly forward and low. She bites the opponent in front of her. The maneuver can be charged and it knocks the opponent up.
Forward: Fireball - Tiki flies slightly up. Tiki aims her head down and shoots out a blue fireball. The fire ball has a slight downward angle so it can't cross an entire stage like final destination. But it cancels other projectiles. If she holds the control stick forward, the fireball will have homing properties in that it will aim a certain direction toward a character. (Based on regular attack, Fire Emblem Awakening)
Up: Divine Dance: Tiki flaps her wings to fly upward a little bit and then does a gliding flip. The damage comes from her tail. Afterward she can glide downward or go into a recovery state. (based on her winning animation, Fire Emblem Awakening)
Down: Counter. Tiki blocks the opponents attack by guarding, and shoots a fireball directly back at the opponent.

Grabs
Grab: grabs opponent with her left arm.
Grab + A: bites the opponent.
Grab up: throws her opponent up, and blasts them with a breath of fire,
Grab down: throws her opponent on the ground, and falls on top of them.
Grab forward: throws her opponent forward, and then hits them with her tail.
Grab back: throws her opponent backward, and then hits them with her tail

Final Smash: Divine Dragons:
Nah and Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening appear hext to Tiki on her left and right respectively. The two also transform into their Divine Dragon form. All three unleash three different types of dragon blasts. Nah shoot fireballs toward the top. Nowi shoots a more fiery blast toward the bottom. And Tiki shoots more of a fire beam in the middle. The three attacks are based on the way Manaketes attack in different Fire Emblems. Nowi shoots more like the GBA iterations of dragons. Tiki shoots more like the Radiant Dawn type of Dragons. And Nah shoots like the fireballs we see in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Moveset D: Hong's Moveset

For gameplay purposes, my Tiki uses her child form. This means she is small, light and nimble. She has a high initial jump, alright double jump, and sprouts white wings for two smaller jumps. She is an aerial ace, focusing more on projectile attacks than other airborne fighters such as Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Charizard or Pit. She sprouts the same white wings while dashing, giving her a glide. Aside from the Final Smash, my Tiki remains in humanoid form.

Tiki introduces a new effect to the series: divine fire, which is white in contrast to the dark flames introduced in Melee. This is seen in many of her attacks.

Specials
B: Cleanse (as in, to "cleanse" evil from the land)
Tiki fires off a puff of fire from her mouth. Not the fastest moving projectile, but travels a decent distance (half as much as FD). You can hold B for a few seconds to charge this up, making a larger orb of white fire that explodes on contact. While charging, you can aim it 360°.

B Forward: Vanquish
A mighty, linear blast of flame erupts from Tiki's mouth, inspired by Kurthnaga in RD. This is a passively charging move, so it doesn't amount to much at first, but covers the full length of FD at full charge.

B Down: Petal Counter
Tiki raises her hand as she is almost instantly engulfed in a flower (like transforming in Awakening) for a brief moment. Any attack received will cause the flower to burst open and knock away attackers. This is your tradtional Fire Emblem counter move, with a unique twist.

B Up: Divine Rising
Ethereal white wings encase Tiki as she spirals upwards. At the apex she spreads them apart, knocking away anyone nearby. This one doesn't have a lot of horizontal movement, but Tiki moves fast in the air so it's okay.

Final Smash
She transforms. Surprise. Move on.

Smash attacks
Forward Smash: She swipes forwards and a white prismatic claw manifests following her motions. You deal the most damage with the projection.
Up Smash: Does half of a flip before kicking upwards, and then turns the rest of the way to land on her feet.
Down Smash: Claws into the ground with both hands, causing prismatic spikes to erupt from the ground before her. This is inspired by the divine dragon counterpart, Grima.

Aerials
Neutral: Think an upside-down spin kick like Kirby''s dash attack.
Forward: A quicker, less-mighty version of her forward smash.
Back: Reaches back and clenches her fist, with white fire bursting around her hand. This is very powerful.
Up: Points upwards and makes a small tornado of white fire from her fingertip.
Downwards; Spreads her legs apart and places her hands together below her, firing a blast of divine fire from her hands (think Kamehameha). One of the better meteor smash attacks.

Normals
Jab: One tap of A has Tiki levitate as she carries out a single forward punch, A again does a side kick while still afloat, and a final press does a round-house with the other foot.
Forward Tilt: Tiki floats upside down and does a kick. Kind of like Guile's upside down kick, only with a spin and a clean motion.
Down Tilt: Tiki swipes her hand while crouching with a prismatic trail. Anyone in contact is slashed.
Up Tilt: Raises her hand and draws a circle with her finger, leaving a prismatic trail like the move above, and also having a slash effect.
Dash: Her gliding dash transists into a barrel-roll of the sorts, creating a multi-hitting dash attack that ends in a floating shoulder charge.

Grab
Tiki holds the enemy with both of her hands, and can engulf them in divine flames by hitting A. All of her throws represent the fact manakete are incredibly strong.
Forward: Tiki raises them and winces as she creates an explosion of white fire, sending them flying.
Back: Delivers a mighty German suplex, because that is cute.
Down: Slams them into the ground, flies upwards (off-screen) as a glint of light and returns to deliver a earth-shaking stomp to their back.
Upward: Throws them upwards and blows them away with a blast of white fire from her mouth.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
@ andimidna andimidna
Most of the main cast in the Akaneiah saga have been playable in at least four games (just like Tiki, the two main games and their two DS remakes), many of them also appeared as spotpass characters in Awakening. Tiki's track record of five games isn't as impressive as you think as it's mirrored by all her co-stars in Akanaiah: Marth, Ceada, Minerva, etc. The record for most playable appearances in Fire Emblem actually belongs to the sister trio of Palla, Catria, and Est who were playable in six games.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
@ andimidna andimidna
Most of the main cast in the Akaneiah saga have been playable in at least four games (just like Tiki, the two main games and their two DS remakes), many of them also appeared as spotpass characters in Awakening. Tiki's track record of five games isn't as impressive as you think as it's mirrored by all her co-stars in Akanaiah: Marth, Ceada, Minerva, etc. The record for most playable appearances in Fire Emblem actually belongs to the sister trio of Palla, Catria, and Est who were playable in six games.
Unless, your Anna, that's how you become a recurring Fire Emblem character.
And of those other 5 you mentioned, none were part of the main playable cast in Awakening.
Tiki was even important in the DLC (story), in fact, she was especially important in the DLC. There was even a DLC young Tiki.
Intelligent Systems choosing for her to come back and seeing it well-recieved puts her ahead of Caeda, Minerva, Palla, Catria, and Est.
(As much as I love Palla... and Minerva... and Caeda too I guess. And Catria... ok... honestly I like all of those characters too)
I started recently considering Palla... but she doesn't even have a thread. None of the others do. They never come up in FE discussions relating to the series in general or SSB.
I just don't think they're options. Equal or 1 extra game...
Tiki is popular amongst Fire Emblem fans... and receives a small amount of SSB support.
The other 5 are not too popular, but are not hated amongst Fire Emblem fans, and receive no support for SSB. (Actually I've seen 1 request for Minerva and 1 for Caeda too, but same thing)
I listed much more to believe in Tiki than just 5 games.
However if one of those other 5 got in over her I'd be perfectly fine.
I'd love to rate one or two of em'... anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom