• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
goku?

(just imply as zeros)
hades, oh boy do I love the kid Icarus series, and he is awesome!
but paulenta is a shoe in, there's always hope for a third spot......right?
chance: 10%
want: 100%

arnino? who is this?
i'll just abstain I guess
other m ridley... I guess about 50?
and i'll just nominate random lip:p
lipX5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
SON GOKU

Chance: 0% - No.

Want: 0% - I like Dragon Ball, really I do, but "no" again.

HADES

Chance: 1% - "No" a third time.

Want: 0% - "No" a fourth time.

Arino Prediction: Same as previous.

Other M Ridley Prediction: Same as previous.

Nominations:
Lip x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Goku: 0%
From the criteria for inclusion that has been officially stated, Goku is ineligible. I doubt that any amount of popularity could overturn this, and I certainly can't give him a chance score.

Goku Want: 0%
No.

Hades Chance: 5%
Palutena: 66%
Hades/Medusa/Magnus: 5% each
He has merit, and a Kid Icarus newcomer is a near certainty, but Palutena has more merit and a leak.

Hades Want: 100%
My favorite villain of any video game (if you don't count Godot and Edgeworth, who are more like "anti-heroes" than true villains), and one of my most wanted characters. I'd say he's probably my #4 at this point, behind K. Rool, Ridley and Shulk. I'd love an opportunity to play as this divine troll.

Dillon x5

DAY OVER

...Hey look, who cares?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hades Want: 100%
My favorite villain of any video game (if you don't count Godot and Edgeworth, who are more like "anti-heroes" than true villains), and one of my most wanted characters. I'd say he's probably my #4 at this point, behind K. Rool, Ridley and Shulk. I'd love an opportunity to play as this divine troll.
Never, ever, use the words "divine" and "troll" in the same sentence.
It brings back terrible memories.

Groose

Smash Champion
Goku (Dragon Ball)
0.46% chance
12.51% want

...there are too many options for a good joke here that I'm too overwhelmed to use one. Pity.

Hades (Kid Icarus)
10.30% chance (was 9.63%)
54.34% want (was 52.19%)

Palutena leaked? Hey look, who cares? Not Hades, who managed to somehow increase his score after people started to accept Palutena as the character to be.

Today we're really moving on with things and rating the two people you've all been waiting for: Game Master Arino (a video game character based on a Japanese icon) and Other M Ridley are seizing the spotlight! Please rate these two in both chance and want.

It may [finally!] be Spring, but we're turning back the clocks to winter tomorrow and rating Jack Frost. In addition, we'll be having another stage discussion, this one centered around a Paper Mario stage. Please predict how this will do tomorrow.

Manager's Note: The OP's Results page needs an update. It's oh my agenda; computer problems have been holding me back, and it's about a week behind. If someone were to do it for me, I would have no objections, but if not, Ill be getting to it as soon as possible. Also, the Projected Updste Schedule looks hairy... I'm not sure whether 5PM or 9PM updates are the future. The next week or two will really determine that.

Smady

Smash Master
ARINO

Who's this guy? He's the "Game Master" in Retro Game Challenge and its sequel, which are DS games that comprise a collection of classic games in the style of the 80's Arcade and NES. This includes RPGs, shooters, puzzle games and so on. It's a true retro styled tribute to that era of gaming and that makes Arino the Game Master a perfect rep for everything retro!

This game was based on Arino's experiences on his show. The fictional "heads" of Game Center CX pick an extremely hard, old game (mostly NES before branching out in later seasons) and Arino must complete it in one sitting, even if it takes all night! Arino actually went to Namco to get a deal to make his game and it's a true love letter to the 80's in every way.

This is not Arino from the TV show. This would be a floating head that summons all kinds of representatives from his games, be it roleplaying archetypes, platforming characters or other bits and pieces for his attacks, on top of, well, what a giant head naturally does. Arino's not above simply biting at the foe or using his giant head to butt them. Hey, if Villager and WFT can have sets, this isn't too out of the ordinary and actually pretty hilarious and fitting for what it is.

He can't do that? He's the freaking GAME MASTER of course he can do it!

Not only that, but for once having a basis in reality helps Arino. His show, Game Center CX or Retro Game Master, is immensely popular in Japan. So popular in fact, he has been able to meet Miyamoto, Iwata, IGA, Kojima and many, many others from the Japanese developer scene. I'm fairly sure he has even met Sakurai on the show. It only goes to show how Arino is not simply another throwaway real life rep like Reggie or Sakurai, but a genuine cultural icon for games.

I can't think of a better rep for retro than this guy, even if it's pretty silly how it'd actually work, stranger things have happened.

1% Chance: This is an outside, super, super unlikely candidate, not least because, despite the awesomeness of the character and the inherent uniqueness, it's still a third-party character. That's the real problem, although it is a special circumstance if there ever was one. It means Arino gets in as an actual character and it's the biggest shock and retro rep imaginable. There's also no doubt Arino, who has given so much to the Japanese retro scene (by visiting retro stores on his show and advertising games, at times for Nintendo) is a deserving candidate, more so than any other tacky real-life person.

100% Want: An absolutely insane but remarkably good choice for a character. We're only getting one giant head character and it shouldn't be Andross, it should be this guy! Not only is he perfect for retro, he's an actual comedian who can wit his way through the game and insult or ridicule the other characters, as he does in Retro Game Challenge and on his TV show. This would be the impossible rep I'd truly want.

Other M Ridley

50% Chance: It's the latest Metroid game where Ridley appears, but unlike Samus who has already been given a look for Super Metroid, the Prime series and only now gets an update for Other M, Ridley would only just be getting a playable slot. Obviously his normal and transformed appearance is in Brawl as the two bosses, but it doesn't count when he's going to be significantly sized down from that.

There's a good chance, around half, that it'll be a totally new design based on a conglomerate of every Ridley design. The Other M design is not only huge (haha you said too big!) but it's awkwardly shaped to make Ridley super long. It's a horrible design to choose for him unless it's already heavily modified to be an entirely new shape anyway, at which point you have to question if it would even count as his "Other M design." I think not.

15% Want: Eh. Ridley I want, but I've not played Other M and judgments on the game aside, looking at that design of Ridley, I'm not a fan. It's too slick and... I don't know what it is, it just doesn't look right. It makes Ridley into too much of a generic monster in my opinion. The Prime design was all monstrous and intimidating without it looking unnatural for him, but this design doesn't sit right with me. It'd be nice to have Ridley regardless, but keep the Other M look.

Jack Frost Prediction: 5%
You guys seriously overdid it on the nominations. A third-party, but from a company on the up that has close ties to Nintendo.
Paper Mario Stage Prediction: 57%
The character may not be too popular, but a stage from the series isn't that unlikely.

N x5

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Arino!
Did you see Smash Daddy's rating?
Because that really sums up my thoughts.
Awesome, cool, but unlikely as hell b/c representation of a real life person. You guys gotta play Retro Game Challenge someday.
Chance: .5%
Want: 100%
Other M Ridley:
See my previous Ridley Rating. Because I think Other M is what we are getting. We got Other M Samus, K?
Chances: Same as Ridley- 80%
Want: 50%- Still indifferent, though I prefer his MOM design.

PREDICTIONS:
Hee Ho, Hee Ho! Jack Frost a Go-Go! I'll be gone for his day unless Groose doesn't update Sunday (Can you confirm this, @ Groose Groose ?) . But man, have fun rating him, guys. 4.5% because SMT has been mostly on Nintendo. Not Persona or Devil Summoner, however.
Paper Mario Stage- 43%

NOMINATIONS:
Dillon X5

Jack Frost Prediction: 5%
You guys seriously overdid it on the nominations. A third-party, but from a company on the up that has close ties to Nintendo.

Pretty sure I was the only guy to nominate Jack... as far as I know. I stocked up on extra noms!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm going to abstain from Arino since I don't really have much knowledge about this game. I do admit I heard him a few times before.

Other M Ridley Chance: 55% With this specific design, I'm pretty unsure, but seeing how Samus has her Other M design, i guess this could happen
OMR Want: 50%

Nominations: x5 All Popular Newcomer Candidates.

D

Deleted member

Arino and Other M Ridley have been added to the Directory.
It might be in your best interest to see what you said on Ridley's day!

I'll keep this short. I don't really have much to say on both of these topics.

Arino
Chance:
Abstain

I didn't do my research, so I won't give him a chance score.
Want: 55%
I'm not really sure if I would really support him, but reading what @ Smady Smady said, he could be interesting. He could be more interesting than Kawashima in my opinion.

Other M Ridley
Chance:
40%

I say that there is a 50/50 chance of Sakurai using his design from Other M and not. However, I am judging by the character given to me, Ridley. I gave him a 40%, therefore I am giving this a 40%.
Want: 55%
I am still very indifferent.

Jack Frost Prediction: .33%
A mascot from a dead company who now has to deal with Sonic, who is already on the roster. This won't end well.
Paper Mario Stage Prediction: 35.00%
It's not gonna happen unless Paper Mario is in, but people will rate this high...

Nominations: Captain Rainbow 5x
I'm gonna finish off nominating him, and then I'll nominate Wario Land Wario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Do tell me, is Atlus really dead?
I mean, we got SMTIV last year. And there's the entire Etrian Odyssey series. And Persona, which is a large phenomenon in the States and Japan. And all the DS/3DS SMT games. Which were mostly critical successes. To say that Atlus isn't as popular as Sega is indeed true, but the company itself isn't exactly dead. Their old owner, Index, is, however, due to bankruptcy late last year.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Pretty sure I was the only guy to nominate Jack... as far as I know. I stocked up on extra noms!
Nah, I threw in a nomination and a few others did too, he had about 95 noms compared to about 75 as the next highest. A little overkill, but I don't mind.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I dunno for sure if Atlus is really dead dead, but I know that Sega has taken the rights to all of their properties.
...I must point out the existance of the three Persona games that are coming to the West this/next year. Including Persona 5 in 2015. The announcement was made after they were acquired by Sega.
Sega and Atlus have made multiple statements about how that Sega's acquisition of Atlus as a company will not affect, or barely affect, their outputs. In fact, it's actually a better thing as we may see some more rereleases of games like Persona III or the older SMT games.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Son Goku has been added to the popularity chart, he ranked 137th. Hades the magnificent managed to overtake Dillon, climbing from 14th to 13th.

Arino
Chance: 0% - An obscure third party character loosely modelled off of a real life person? He has no chance.
Want: 0% - I just don't see the appeal.

Other M Ridley
Chance: 51% - Sakurai does seem to be going for an Other M look for the Metroid series this time around. OM Ridley will likely be the easiest version to create a moveset for because his design is more upright and humanoid, as opposed to the slouched skeletal Ridleys from past games.
Want: 74% - I don't understand the hate, he looks awesome.

Jack Frost prediction: 2.7%

Paper Mario stage prediction: 50%

Nominations: <10% chance character becomes playable.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
X1 Turain
Is this supposed to say Turian?

KACHO ON!
GAME CENTER CX!
Arino: 0.05%
He's even less videogame related than Goku, who is at least a fictional character.

Want: 90%
That show is goddamn awesome.

Otherm Ridley: 27.5%

Want: 45%

Jack Frost prediction: 0.81%
Paper Mario stage prediction: 19.89%

Nominate:
Four or More Third Parties x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Arino:

Chance: 0.01%
Eh. Third party that's not legendary. Sorry.

Want: 0%
I'd rather the actual retro characters be included. I'd feel kinda robbed if he was included, actually.

Other M Ridley:

Chance: 50%
Either this, a smash-original mashup of all his designs, or something from a new Metroid game if it's already in development. Likeliness in that order.

Want: 20%
Eh. If it's based more off of the Other M concept art, yes. Otherwise, there are much better designs to go with. At least he wouldn't be stuck that way, though.

Predictions:

Jack Frost: .9%?
Paper Mario Stage: 34.56%

Nominations: x5 Snake

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
AriNO: 0% in both because it looks he's the host of a game show. Wat. Why.

Other Ridley: 30%
Want 10% because other Ridley is better than no Ridley, but it's still my least favorite design.

Jack frost: 1.3%
PMS: 10.2%

Marshal x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Abstaining from Arino, I don't know about the character at all.

Other M Ridley:
Chances: 85% Considering how much this Smash has drawn from Other M, more then likely this will be the design used for the character give or take some adaptational changes.
Want: 65% Don't really care on his design either way, it's still Ridley, I'll be happy to have him in any form and I really don't mind the Other M design (though more-so the concept art). Plus, there's a good chance Sakurai will update the design like he did Samus to make it more appealing.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Arino
Abstain. I know next to nothing about the guy.

Other M Ridley
Chance: 95%
We're more or less getting only Other M (and maybe Fusion) content in this game. There's little doubt that we should be getting Ridley in his latest design, playable or otherwise. It also looks to be the easiest design to implement as a fighter compared to his other forms.

Want: 80%
I don't really get all the hate towards his look. I can understand the duckbill and pink spikes, but other than that I still think he looks badass as a character. I actually prefer this look to the ones in Metroid Prime, because I like to think of Ridley as being a super-intelligent, cunning warlord instead of an animalistic monster. That's just my opinion.

Nomination: Robin (Fire Emblem) x5

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
I nominated Jack Frost as well for the last couple of days.

Arino:
-Abstaining.
Other M Ridley:
-Chance: 50%. I can see this happening either way. There is a possibility since Samus has her design from that game or a combination of his past designs.
-Want: 0%. I am not fond of the design at all. It looks extremely awkward and not as appealing as his appearance in Prime.

Predictions:
Jack Frost: 1.3%
Paper Mario Stage: 25%

Nominations:
5x Tiki (Fire Emblem)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Arino: 0% and 0%
3rd party character directly based off of a real life person? Yeah, I don't think so. Dr. Kawashima has a much better chance (since he's from 1st party games, even though the man himself is not 1st party), and I think his chances are basically none as well.

Other M Ridley:
I can't really decide how likely it is. It really depends on how Sakurai feels about the design. I think that it's an ugly enough design that most people would prefer older Ridley designs. The design Sakurai chose for Brawl reflected Super Metroid more than anything, but Samus also was Super Metroid-based in that game. Basically, I think it's between Other M Ridley for muh recency, Super Metroid Ridley for muh classic or some kind of hybrid for muh representativeness. Personally, I think Super Metroid art Ridley looks great (in-game SNES Ridley has a weird pose), but tweaking it a bit to update it and maybe some influence from Melee intro Ridley, would give him a cool look and some practical changes.

Basically the pros are that Other M Ridley is less lanky, maybe making him easier to animate, and his wings aren't quite as big.

The cons are that Other M Ridley's head looks different from every other Ridley incarnation, he is generally a lanky guy, so the build would be less representative, and personally I just think it's ugly.

I think you can incorporate some of the changes without giving him that awful duckface and so forth. Unlike with Samus, The Other M Ridley is so unlike other designs that I think there'd be a lot more motivation to use some other design even if you allow some influence. The Zelda series so far has shown they don't need to use a model directly from a specific game.

Other M Ridley chances: 30%
Basically, somewhat less than half the chance of Ridley overall. I think a direct port of The Other M design is not very likely, but it's quite possible it will be mostly that design.

Other M Ridley want: 0%
I want Ridley bad enough that I'd put up with the ugly design for an iteration (hoping it would be gone by Smash 5). But assuming Ridley is in, then as far as design choices, it's 0%.

Predictions:
Jack Frost: 1%
Who?
Paper Mario stage: 20%

Nominations:
50+ characters x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Other M Ridley:

Chance: 95% - I'm taking into consideration how likely it is if Ridley was already confirmed, and if Ridley is in I'm almost sure it'll be Other Ridley. Or Roidley, whichever you prefer. Looking at everything Metroid related, the only thing that's not Other M is Mother Brain, who doesn't have a proper model from Other M so they simply stuck with the Zero Mission design. The only way I can see it not being Other Ridley is if Sakurai figures that we'd rather play as the real Ridley and not the Other M clone, and I honestly don't see Sakurai thinking about that. It's possible that they could make a hybrid design I suppose, but if that'd be the case I'm still expecting it to draw primarily from Other M.

Want: 50% - At this point I'm pretty much indifferent. I've seen how it can work in mock-ups, so I wouldn't care an awful lot. It's better than the Fusion design, and I also prefer it over either Prime design for a playable appearance (they'd be cool alternate costumes though), but I'd still rather see Super Metroid Ridley or Zero Mission Ridley. They're also likely to make slight modifications to it like they did with Other M Samus so that it fits better, though I'm not expecting anything major.

(If we're rating it where we're taking Ridley's actual chances and want in regards to being playable at all into consideration too, then give this 80% in chance and 100% in want.)

Nominations:
5x Top 10 RTC Member as AT

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Arino:
Chance: 0%
Not really owned by Nintendo.
Based off a real life individual.
Legendary status very questionable.
Mostly unknown entity to the majority of the world.
Afraid I can't see it happening.

I promised Blue if I was supporting one floating head character whom was based off a real life person it'd be Dr. Kawashima, whose series is at least a Nintendo IP.

Other M Ridley:
Chance: 100% if we get Ridley. Judging by the score we last gave Ridley that is 73.98%. Let's round that up to 74% for the sake of argument. Final answer: 74%

IF Ridley gets in, it's going to be this design. Samus is based off Other M, the stages are based off Other M. In Brawl the Zelda series was all based off their Twilight Princess counterparts(except Sheik who they just made up and Toon Link who has a very different art style) We didn't for example; see Twilight Princess Zelda and Link and then receive Ocarina of Time Ganondorf.
All characters from that franchise will match, and so Ridley is highly likely to come in this design should he finally make the leap into playable.

Want: 10%
I'm not a huge fan of Metroid, but I really don't like Ridley's Other M design. His Brawl boss look is far and above more recognizable to me, a non Metroid fan, having appeared as a boss in Smash and in an opening in that style. Nintendoland's version seems to be based off of that classic look too.

A lot of people HATED other M, and again if Zelda's anything to go by Ridley may be doomed to this design for the next few Smash games (if not for all of them)...but at this point I think the Ridley fans have waited so long they don't care about what he looks like anymore as long as he's in. I can sympathize but DAMN that's an ugly redesign:

I mean look at all these random spikes just glued onto his body for no adequate reason; he looks like a Mega evolution of Ridley. Now part Fighting type.

Predictions:
Jack Frost: 3%
Jack Frost has some fans here. Again not really in the same legendary bracket as Megaman or Sonic.

Paper Mario Stage: 22%
Without Paper Mario as a newcomer I doubt many will vote this that high.

Nominations:
5x Top 10 RTC Member as AT

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Arino Chance: 1.5%
Basically what @ Smady Smady said. And plus .5 because why not?

Arino Want: 75%
I like this idea. I like it a lot.
Is there a support thread for him? Because if not, there needs to be on!

Other M Ridley Chance: 50%
Could go either way. It could be Other M so it would go with Samus. It could be Classic because that is the "real" Ridley and the one we all know.
Samus' Other M design isn't that drastic of a change from her original one, but Ridley's redesign is a pretty big change (an ugly one I might add).
Maybe it will be a new design which would be a mix of both, preferably with the head resembling the classic design (no serpent Ridley plz).

Other M Ridley Want: 15%
How about no.
I'm only giving it a 15% because I'd kinda like to see a redesign which would be a mix of both Other M and Classic.

Jack Frost Prediction: 2.5%
You're too low! :sonic:

Paper Mario Stage Prediction: 40%
Performance Stage IS decently likely according to almost everyone, even if we don't get Paper Mario.

Omnomnominations: Again, x5 Roy

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ari-NO!

Real person, third party game, not known outside of Japan (yes the game got released, but we didn't buy it, thus no sequel).

I loved Retro Game Challenge, and was very disappointed when I found out the sequel didn't make it's way here... but for smash bros? No thankyou!

Other R:

Chance: 95%
Ridley, Shulk, Mewtwo and Palutena (thanks to the leak) are the four characters I give the highest rating to, that of 95%.
Other M Ridley is a given, Samus is other M, Pyrosphere is other M, and Ridley's Other M design actually makes him look more humanoid, less gangly, and generally more fitting for the Smash environment.

My personal favourite Ridley design is Neo-Ridley (I know it's unpopular but I find it more unsettling than the classic 'scary' ridley), but I know full well he'll look stupid in the smash setting. For all the hate the Other M design get (and probably deserves) the mock ups I've seen in the Ridley thread do have him looking better than the original as a smash character (mainly because of that neck), so I'm all for it even if I know the nostalgia would be stronger with the original design. Personally I don't have much Metroid nostalgia anyway, so I can't say it effects me, and I'm more interested in the playstyle, but I know people will be bummed, and for them I drop it 10%.

Jack Frost: 0.8%
Shin Megami Tensei? If we're talking third party JRPGs there are only really 2 series legendary enough... Shin Megami Tensei is not one of them I'm afraid... If Nintendo won the auction he may have a had a shot, but I think even then he'd not be rating too high...

Paper Mario: 44%
Two games, both with relatively recent Paper Mario games on them... It's a good shot in my mind.

Hero of Light*5

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Arino Chances: 0%. >insert @ Smady Smady 's response here<
Want: 0%. Sooooo many other Retro characters I'd want first.
Other M Ridley Chances: (Assuming we get Ridley)
100%. Samus. Other M design. Nuff said.
Want: 80%. Super Metroid Ridley would be preferable, but I actually like M's design. Better than Prime's and Fusion's designs.
Jack Frosty the Snowman: 2.5%.
PM Stage: 23.6%.
Dedede Arena X2
Leif X2
50+ Characters X1

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Arino:
Chances: 0%

-Other M Ridley:
Chances: 50%
Want: 51%

-Jack Frost Prediction: 0,6%

-Paper Mario Stage Prediction: 29%

-Nomination: Robin (FE) X5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Arino:
Can't Rate

Other M Ridley:
Chance: 60%
Want: 15%
I'd really prefer a different Ridley.

Predictions:
Jack Frost: 1.15%

Paper Mario Stage: 24.1%

Nomination: Blue Shell Item x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Arino's chances and want: 0% - Not well-known + third party + based on a real person = no chance at all. And I think there are better third party choices out there.

OM Ridley's chances: 50% - If we get Ridley he'll most likely have this design.
Want: 100% - Do I necessarily want this design? No. Would it be better than not having Ridley at all? Definitely.

Jack Frost prediction: 0.8% - Low.
Paper Mario Stage prediction: 31.60% - Complete guess.

Zoroark x5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Found a computer in Costa Rica just for RTC :D

Arino chance: Abstain, first time I've ever abstained. I've got no clue.
Arino want: 51%... I'm more interested rather than anything else... I think this would make an interesting character.
Don't have much to say.
Other M Ridley chance: 60%
It would be the same chance as Ridley in general, because we have Other M Samus, but there is a possibility that we'll have Other M Ridley as a Stage Hazard for Pyrosphere, as he's just a clone of the real Ridley, and the real Ridley will be the one playable. That and Other M Ridley would upset the Ridley detractors and half-upset Ridley supporters, as his Other M design is not very popular, he'd definitely need to have an alternate costume of regular Ridley.
However, Other M Ridley would be the easiest Ridley to translate into a regular sized playable character. (Besides the Original Metroid Ridley I guess)
Other M Ridley Want: 90%
Y'know, I don't really care which Ridley we get. I just want him playable. I won't be picky on his form or anything like that.
Since his design doesn't really fit, Sakurai would need to make him look less... hmm... gross? Am I the only one that thought he looked pretty gross?
The more "cartoony" style of SSB4 would adapt this design into something new, and would take away what people dislike about it. The extra details that just don't fit.
That design in this style? It might just look like what we think of when we think "Ridley"
It could be great.

Jack Frost: 3.33%
Paper Mario Stage: 19.54%

x3 Yuga
x2 Gardevoir

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Well... that was a thing. We'll see if it comes up again. For now, though, I have an excuse to change avatars.

Arino

Chance - 0% - No, not a chance. He's internationally a relative unknown, which should be a key component of third parties.

Want - 30% - Waste of a third party slot.

Other M Ridley

Chance - 95% - Yep, same as my Ridley Score. The only reason I'm taking points off is the odd chance Ridley doesn't make it at all. Otherwise, it's a lock.

Want - 50% - Eh. Don't really care. They'll probably fix any problems with the design.

Predictions

Jack Frost - 1.75% - Maybe some optimism due to the Fire Emblem cross-over.

The Stage - 47% - Some pessimism due to not appearing in Sticker Star, I guess.

Nomination
Chrom Assist Trophy X5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Arino Chance and want: 0%

Other M Ridley: 55%
Way more likely than him getting his old design with Samus getting her Other M design.

I think his Other M design is possibly his best. Don't get me wrong, I like the Prime design as well but I think they'd lose a lot of the imposing look to them if scaled down while a scaled down Other M version will still look intimidating. The only thing I don't like about his design is his beak. It would certainly would look less awkward than his brawl model scaled down. These movements look much more Smash-like than his previous ones.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Properly back from break, don't think I missed much

AriNO
Chance and Want 0%
Did not originate from a video game

Other M Ridley
Chance - 75%
I feel like Sakurai is focusing a lot more on Other M Metroid designs than any other designs of the series. Add to that the fact that I feel Other M Ridley has a body type that's much easier to work with in terms of Smash and frames and hitboxes and all of that.

Want - 50%
Indifferent. I want Ridley in the game, and if Other M Ridley is a way for that to happen then so be it.

Predictions
Jack Frost - 2.4%
Blowing up my score because it seems that weird outlier chances are now a daily occurrence
Paper Mario Stage - 7.6%
Still don't know how to predict stage ratings

Nominations
x5 Balloon Fight Stage

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Game Master Arino:
Likelihood: 0%
He didn't originate from a video game, so I think he's ineligible. Besides, he doesn't really have the starpower to make it in.

Reminds me of Kawashima.

Other M Ridley:
Likelihood: 85%
With all the focus Other M has been getting with Samus's redesign, and Pyrosphere, Ridley taking on his Other M look isn't impossible. At the same time, though there are a few characters who have kept their Brawl look, I'll take off a few points to take that into account.

Want: 40%
I prefer the Super Metroid design. But I don't really care as long as he makes it in.

Jack Frost prediction: 3%
Paper Mario stage prediction: 29%

Wild Gunman x 5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
ARINO

Chance: 0.4% - A third party that is based on a real person but I guess there is a small chance that Sakurai could pull a string here or there.

Want: 30% - Seems interesting, but I think his full potential could be better maximized as a stage or something.

OTHER M RIDLEY

Chance: 90% - If Ridley does get in in ay shape or form the Other M design is most likely due to Other M's influence in the game.

Want: 50% - I am actually indifferent. I just wanted to see everyone else's thoughts on MOM Ridley.

Jack Frost Prediction: 2% - ???

Paper Mario Stage Prediction: 10% - We'll see.

Nominations:
Lip x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Arino - 0%

3rd party character that isn't well known, AND is based on a real person? Even Dr. Kawasshima has a better chance than this guy.

Want - 0%

No.

Other M Ridley - 85%

Samus has her other M appearance, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley was designed this way either, especially considering how, based on AngelGlory's model comparisons, this Ridley would fit and work better in Smash than a Brawl Ridley.

Want - 50%

If this is what it takes to get Ridley playable, so be it.

Jack Frost Prediction - 1.32%

Paper Mario Stage Prediction - 15.46%

Happy Mask Salesman x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Arino

Other M Ridley
Chance: 40%
Want: 50%

It does have a good chance based off of how Samus Is the Other M design. I dont really care, Ridley is Ridley.

Jack Frost: 0.9%
Paper Mario Stage: 22%

Noms:
Lupus x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom