• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Panther:
Chance: 0.1%
No way he'll get in over Krystal.
ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.
He could get in over Slippy, Peppy, and Leon. But at that point he's just fighting for a 5th Starfox rep.
And it's unlikely we'll get a 4th.
Hell, I'm surprised that we've already gotten 3.
Krystal has an "OK" shot.
I'd give her a 20% chance.
It's most likely that we will not get 1 Starfox rep.
And she is the only possibility.
The only reason we'd get a new one is if it's a popular request, and she is, but he's not.
So adding on to a fully repped series is only possible with her.
She's even more unique.
Want: 0.1%
This will make Adam happy.
No. This would mean no Krystal. And I like Krystal. But I don't expect her at all.
He is my 2nd most wanted SF rep, but he doesn't come close to Fox, Falco, Krystal, and Wolf.

Dillon:
Chance: 12%
He's the best choice for an e-shop rep. Thing is, I don't think we're getting an e-shop rep.
I doubt the development team sat around a table and said "So how are we going to rep series too insignificant to get full releases?"
Kidding. But I don't see that as anything to represent.
I may rate him higher if I see people give a reason to. I just don't see him happening.
Want: 30%
He's cool. But how unique is he? Seems like Sonic already does his main move.
He has 2 games, right?
This may also raise if I'm given a reason to raise it.

Wild Gunman: 1.9%
Omastar: 0.9%

x4 Gardevoir
x1 Pandora

[collapse=the OP]"x3 Hilda (Legend of Hilda)"[/collapse]
andimidna approves.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Panther:
Chance: 0.2%
Want: 1.2%
I'd rather have Slippy or Krystal or even Leon. . .

Dillon:
Chance: 45%
This character does not interest me at all.

Predictions:
Wild Gunman: 0.9%
Omastar: 0.3%

Nominations:
Tom Nook x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Me and @Cheezey Bites won a cool extra five for Jack Frost. @ Karafuru Karafuru wins extra nominations for Paper Mario Stage.

Panther's chances and want: 0% - Star Fox getting four is already unlikely as it is; Krystal's the obvious fourth pick, and Slippy, Peppy, and possibly even Leon would all get in over Panther. I've shown my dislike of Krystal, but I'd still take her over Panther.

Dillon's chances: 10% - Yeah, I definitely overrated him before. He's the most likely eShop character, but I doubt we'd get one. I can definitely see him being an Assist Trophy though.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Wild Gunman prediction: 0.48% - Low.
Omastar prediction: 0.32% - has it really come to rerating this

Zoroark x10

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Panther:

Chance: 0%
Krystal is ahead of all Star Fox characters by a longshot and he's still behind Slippy and Peppy. Not happening.

Want: 0%
No.

Dillon: 8.5%
Not by any means likely, but certainly not impossible by any means either. (I have no idea how his score got so high before.)

Want: 40%
Could be interesting, but I have no attachment to the character whatsoever. I'd also rather have Sheriff as a western character and Muddy Mole as a digger...so meh.

Predictions:

Wild Gunman: .97%
I'm going to be the only one who sees him as even slightly possible, aren't I?

Omastar: .22%
Sigh. Really? Again?

Snake x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Panther:
Chances: 1%
Want: 1%

-Dillon:
Chances: 38%
Want: 75%

-Wild Gunman Prediction: 0,5%

-Omastar Prediction: 0,04%

-Nomination: Chrom X5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Panther: 0.09%

Want: 0.5%

Dillon: 7.5%

Want: 47.5%

Wild Gunman prediction: 0.80%
Omastar prediction: 0.12%

Nominate:
Character Specific Victory Themes x5

D

Deleted member

Panther

Chances: 1% - Overshadowed by Krystal, Slippy, & Leon, each of them would get in before Panther, Star Fox having 4 reps is not likely...I don't see him happening at all.
Want: 0% - I'd rather take Slippy over him.

Dillon:

Chances: 7% - Honestly, he doesn't really have that high of a chance as some make it out to be, but I won't rule him out. He'd be nice for a E-Shop rep but I really doubt we'll get one.
Want: 15% - Meh, don't care for him.

Nomination: Peppy Hare x5

Tselel (5805)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chris_Tselel
Panther:
Chances: 2% - It's possible, but Mr. Iwata would literally punch Sakurai for it. He just has no relevance compared to Slippy, Krystal, or Peppy.
Want: 0% - If there's another space animal, it needs to be a main character.

Dillon:
Chances: 12% - I heard his game was pretty popular. It's worth a shot.
Want: 20% - I mean, he'd sure be a unique addition. That's about it though.

Nomination:
Protoman x5

Basty

Smash Ace
Panther
Chances 2%- I think if we got another Star Wolf member is would be Leon and Leon is behind Slippy and Krystal
Want 40%- He would have a unique personality and my 3rd fav Star fox Characters

Dillon
Chances 52%- He has become a popular character and would be a good way to representing the eShop
Want 85%- The eShop needs to be represented and it is the only game I have played from it that is a new IP, one of my fave 3DS Games

Predictions
Wild Gunman 1.52%
Omastar 0.11%

Nomination
Leon X2
Isa Jo X2
Mach Rider X1

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Panther
Chances: 0.1% Highly unlikely as both Leon and Krystal are more desirable characters then him.
Want: 2.7% I like the character, but he really shouldn't get the spot.

Dillon
Chances: 20% Best chance for an E-shop rep, not sure if that'll be enough though.
Want: 55% Would be a unique character and does bring a lot to the table, but I'm mostly ambivalent on him.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Panther:
One word. Impossible.

Two words. Get out.

Dillon:
Likelihood: 18%
Three words: Not very likely.

Want: 50%
Four Words: I don't really care.

Five Noms: Lip

Wild Gunman: Draw! 2%
Praise the Helix Fossil! : 0.3%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Panther 0%
Dillon 17.5%

predict:
Wild Gunman 2%
Omastar 0.01% Please stop.

nominate:
Ghirahim x5

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Panther
Chances: 0%

I love Panther but he's one of the last Star Fox characters I'd pick to be playable.

Dillon
Chances: 1.5%
Want: 65%

The guy is freaking awesome but I don't see him happening until he goes full retail.

Wild Gunman
Chances: 0.5%

Not much to say about this guy.

Nomination: Barbara the Bat x5
Gotta promote this gal.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I come back to THIS?! Sadly I missed the marathon that was Jack Frost getting left in the cold (one less 100% Want, eh?). :cry:

Panther HellusoNo
Chances: Does not even deserve a PVC. 00.00%. IMPOSSIBLE.
Want: 00.00%- Krystal plz.

Dillon
Abstaining from Dillon because I still need to complete his two games.

Predictions:
Wild Sheriff- 1.2%
PRAISE LORD HELIX!- .04%

Nominations:
Zoroark X5

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Panther

0% Chance: A fourth rep for StarFox is unlikely when it's a fairly docile series that has a 3DS remake as its newest release, before that you'd have to go back about five years to find the next game and that one wasn't too successful. StarFox's three reps are what it deserves for its important place in Nintendo's history, but if you're going to add a fourth, it needs to be for good reason.

Krystal, while I dislike the character, does have a decent reason for inclusion, that she represents the newer games that came after StarFox 64. She's in all of them and can have an okay moveset if you use elements from those games. Unfortunately for Panther, no such role is apparent that he can fit and that means he's competing against Slippy, Peppy, Pigma, Leon... I can see three new third-parties before him winning that fight.

0% Want: I was a fan of StarFox 64 and I'd not mind another StarFox crew member or Pigma, there are no other characters I'd want to see. Panther isn't any different from other StarFox characters who pilot an Arwing and would likely end up another Space Animal character using a variation on the laser/reflector playstyle, but unlike the ones I mentioned, don't see how that can be a worthwhile excursion.

Dillon

1% Chance: A good e-shop representative... but I'm not sure if that's something that will get a rep. His games are digital-only and while they've been a success, he's far from the likes of Smash Bros. In a few years if he's gaining in popularity and has a few retail games under his belt, it's worth a consideration. There are plenty of other e-shop games too, Dillon is not alone and that doesn't improve his chances.

50% Want: I was close to an abstain as I have very limited knowledge of Dillon's games and I've not even played them myself, so I can only base my views on what others have told me, that it's a great franchise and Dillon has good potential for a set. I've got no attachment to him or his games and I find it a bit too soon to add such a character to an all-star cast, but I'm largely ambivalent.

Wild Sheriff Prediction: 1.3%
Another cowboy and one that's an obscure retro. The random factor of retro and the fun design should make for an alright score.
Omastar Prediction: 0.1%
The roster was decided last year, the TPP craze is a fad and I doubt the Pokemon Company or Sakurai are fans.

Happy Mask Salesman x5

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Panther
Chance: 0.1%
Want: 10%

Like what has been said before, there are a slew of characters that would come before him. Leon, Krystal, Peppy and Slippy would all come before him, and Starfox has Enough characters as it is.

Dillon
Chance: 10%
Want: 65%

As an eshop rep, he seems to be the best choice. Whether or not they actually decide to include one is the real news. He seems pretty cool.

Wild Gunman: 0.76% (THATS LIKE A BABY'S SCORE :laugh:)
Omastar: 0.05%

Nominations:
Lupus x5

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Oh cool extra noms that I don't know what to do with...Anyone want me to help get a character up? Speaking of which, how do the extra nominations work? I don't see them in the OP or did I just overlook it?

Panther:
-Chance: 0%
Um...why? He has no chance compared to Krystal, Slippy, and pretty much the rest of the cast.
-Want: 0%
I think Star Fox has the right amount of reps in my opinion and even if another was introduced, it wouldn't be Panther.

Abstaining from Dillon.

Wild Gunman: 0.49%
Omastar: 0.0002%

Smady

Smash Master
Oh cool extra noms that I don't know what to do with...Anyone want me to help get a character up? Speaking of which, how do the extra nominations work? I don't see them in the OP or did I just overlook it?

Panther:
-Chance: 0%
Um...why? He has no chance compared to Krystal, Slippy, and pretty much the rest of the cast.
-Want: 0%
I think Star Fox has the right amount of reps in my opinion and even if another was introduced, it wouldn't be Panther.

Abstaining from Dillon.

Wild Gunman: 0.49%
Omastar: 0.0002%
There's a tally of nominations here, from the second post in the thread. To win extra nominations doesn't mean you get to nominate extra characters - you can divide up your amount of nominations already - it just means you get an extra five "points" to nominate. That means you get to play with ten points overall and you're free to distribute them to whomever and however you choose.

I dunno on who you could nominate, but there are some Fire Emblem characters high on the list you could guarantee a voting spot very soon. Just figured you might from your signature.

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
There's a tally of nominations here, from the second post in the thread. To win extra nominations doesn't mean you get to nominate extra characters - you can divide up your amount of nominations already - it just means you get an extra five "points" to nominate. That means you get to play with ten points overall and you're free to distribute them to whomever and however you choose.

I dunno on who you could nominate, but there are some Fire Emblem characters high on the list you could guarantee a voting spot very soon. Just figured you might from your signature.
I know how they work all except for how it is determined who gets the extra ones.

There is just no one I would really care to renominate until a new character reveal. I just wanted to know if anyone wanted some help with getting characters that they won't up for nominations.

Smady

Smash Master
I know how they work all except for how it is determined who gets the extra ones.

There is just no one I would really care to renominate until a new character reveal. I just wanted to know if anyone wanted some help with getting characters that they won't up for nominations.
Oh, that's just whoever got closest to a correct prediction in the previous rating session.

Happy Mask Salesman would be cool.

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
PANTHER CARUSO

Chance: 2.5% - Lower end Star Fox character.

Want: 0% - Nope.

DILLION

Chance: 30% - A newer IP with a chance I think.

Want: 50% - Could be interesting but indifferent.

Wild Gunman Prediction: 0.3% - ???

Omastar Prediction: .2% - The ghost of Margnetman returns!

Nominations:
Lip x5

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
Sounds like a funny game, I'm in!

Panther Caruso

I don't really think that Sakurai even thinks about him. There are many reps who would get a spot before him.
Really? I think another Star Fox Character being able to fight with claws and blasters is not needed.

Dillon
Chance: 10%
He has his justification but he is very young and not as innovative as other characters.
Want: 0% I kind of liked the idea of his first game, but the missing left hand support made me hate the franchise in particular. I know the second game has Circle Pad support but I'm done with it.

x5 for Tactician/Robin/MyUnit/Avatar

Groose

Smash Champion
Um...Groose, are you sure you chose the right picture for Panther in the OP?
Panther is a panther. Cam Newton is the Panther. Panther is Cam Newton. ...just go with it, mmkay?
x3 Hilda (Legend of Hilda)
andimidna approves.
Well she is Zelda's Lorule equivalent, so... a series starring a Lorule Link would be called the Legend of Hilda, no?
...and don't respond with a spoiler.
Also: Can someone explain the hand-egg joke in the OP to an uninformed Brit?
Oops. I forgot we get a really broad range of people playing here. For those that don't follow American football, I inserted a picture of Cam Newton, who is the star of the Carolina Panthers, instead of a picture of Panther Caruso. Not my fault that Cam Newton is apparently the most famous panther in the world.
@ Groose Groose - I was going to use Sheriff as a baseline for Predictions, but he's not on the Results page. Might want to fix that.
I know. I'm about a week and a half behind, and I'm digging myself deeper. I'll fix that this weekend. Probably.
Sounds like a funny game, I'm in!
Welcome to Rate Their Chances, and to Smashboards as a whole! It's always nice to see a German user on here.

Panther: 0%

I see no point in saying that he has a chance; he's not as popular as Peppy, as well known as Slippy, as requested as Krystal, or as important as even Pigma. Leon is also in front of him as he is both more longstanding and more popular. So if he's not among the most likely five for a series that most likely won't see another character... he's just not happening.

Panther Want: 0%

Not a huge fan, and he certainly doesn't catch my Smash-interest.

Dillon Chance: 15%

There are a handful of things that drop him down from the 33% I gave him last time.
1) Sonic is confirmed, so he no longer would serve as a replacement for Sonic if contracts had fallen through. I had said before that there was ~10% chance Sonic would be cut and Dillon would take his move set; obviously, that's 10% gone.
2) The games released a bit later than I had originally thought; the first landed in February of 2012. That may be too late to keep him out of major roster consideration; however, it could have been right when Sakurai was thinking of characters, so it could actually help. I won't adjust my score based on these two scenarios canceling out.
3) The sequel wasn't in development when the roster list was being finalized. I thought it was, but it actually wasn't. Ooops.
4) I now see that this is not nearly "big new franchise" that Nintendo needs to promote; I'm not sure it's large enough to get a character.

All things considered, I consider Dillon a major "sleeper pick" for Smash 4. In other words, note him down and keep an eye on him in case he explodes, but don't get any high hopes.

Dillon Want: 100%
He's pretty awesome in design, and I'll actually be downloading his game soon to play it. I think he would fit right in.

Lip x5
Just added her to my prediction roster and cut Chibi Robo from it. I reconsidered her and feel the need to bump up her chances a bit.

DAY OVER

...I JUST DEVELOPED A TOOL THAT CAN REVIVE POKEMON FROM FOSSILS. WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY IT?

Groose

Smash Champion
Panther (Star Fox)
0.33% chance
2.52% want

Panther is our second most hated character now, and one of the most unlikely. I guess he saw his own rose, huh?

Dillon (Rolling Western)
17.70% chance (old: 30.62%)
50.37% want (old: 54.23%)

Dillon has fallen from #16 down to #24 in chance, but it isn't frowns all around; he's still pretty highly wanted, and some of the reason for detraction there is because he is deemed undeserving. Hey, Nintendo? Mind making this one of your bigger series?

I don't normally try to influence your ratings with my character introductions, but I have to do so today. We are rating Omastar, now redubbed as "Lord Helix." Please keep in mind: Twitch Plays Pokemon has no impact on Smash. The roster was decided when Omastar was a random Pokemon, not a sensational meme: he doesn't have a chance and any "RELEVANCY" is irrelevant. That said, please feel free to give Omastar a 0% in chance. Please rate Omastar in chance and want today. Also, we're rating the Wild Gunman from a classical video game; he also has cameos in WarioWare's "Draw" mini game. Please rate the Wild Gunman in chance and want.

Tomorrow is the day of Kunio-Kun/Alex and Solid Snake. Please predict how these two third-parties will do.

D

Deleted member

I was really hoping Panther's want would get him below 1%...
But hey, being our 2nd most hated character is good enough.
Wild Gunman and Omastar have been added to the Directory.
Umm... if you rated Omastar before, check to see what you said on his day? There's not really a point in doing so...

Wild Gunman
Chance:
Abstain

I don't really know this guy.
Meh. I prefer Sheriff.

Omastar, Twitch's God
Chance:
0%

Unless Sakurai and the Pokemon Company really feel the need to represent Twitch Plays Pokemon, an Internet fad currently, in Smash, Omastar is not getting in.
No.

Alex/Kunio-Kun Prediction: .32%
I bet not many people know who this is. I bet that he will get some 1s because of this. He isn't legendary at all.
Solid Snake Prediction: 72.74%
I see inflation in his chance and want scores tomorrow. Snake's fans will come in and give him really high scores despite the fact that he is the most likely candidate to get cut.

Nominations: Captain Rainbow 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wild Gunman Chance: 12%
Wild Gunman Want: 80% The gun playstyle could be interesting.
Omastar Chance: 0.01% Fii.... Why are we rating this when Omastar's stance hasn't changed.
Omastar Want: 0% Zoroark please.
Snake Prediction: 55.6% Due to the Hideo Kojima interview, this could be interesting.

Nominations:
x5 All Popular Newcomer Candidates.

andimidna

Smash Master
Wild Gunman:
Chance: 7%
I'm being generous probably. I know nothing about him.
I prefer Sheriff
Omastar: 0.01%
Brawl + Mewtwo
He's like the 600th most likely pokemon.
Pretty much 599 Pokemon would join before him.
And we're not even getting a new Pokemon.
We're not even returning every Pokemon (Pichu)
So, no.
OK.
Predictions:
Alex: 1.2%
Snake: 56%

x2 Lip
x3 Zant
x4 Gardevoir
x1 Ilia (Legend of Zelda)

Fii.... Why are we rating this when Omastar's stance hasn't changed.

My analysis indicates it is because a fan of the character nominated him multiple times until he reached the top of the list.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ andimidna andimidna wins extra nominations for Dillon. I have extra nominations...for the third day in a row...for Panther.

Wild Gunman's chances: 0.5% - I don't see this getting in over most over retros.
Want: 0% - No thanks.

Omastar's chances: 0% - still no
Want: 0% - still why

Given how many extra nominations I've won lately, I think I'll skip predicting for today.

Zoroark x10

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wild Gunman:
Can't Rate

Omastar:
Memes won't help this guy.
Not only do I hate the joke, but I hate the Pokémon too.

Predictions:
Alex/Kunio-Kun: 0.21%
???
Snake: 46%
I personally think he has the highest chance of not returning.
Nominations:
Kamek x5

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
wild gunman - abstain
I can't rate in chance or want for the guy, sorry
omastar - 0%
jeez, we know he has a meme, who gives a care for this game though? keep him out.
want - 0%
I hope the meme dies along with its soul
alex/kunio-kun - 0.68%
uh. . .
snake - 68.75%
he's not going down further than the 60's
nominations:
the pirate shipX5 (legend of Zelda)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Wild Gunman

Chance - 0% - I'd say the Sheriff outstrips him. At least Sheriff is majorly important to Nintendo's history.

Want - 30% - I'd take Sheriff over him, and I don't even like Sheriff.

Omastar

Chance - 0% - ...Why are we rerating him?

Want - 0% - Within the decade, I expect this whole "Twitch Plays" thing to die off. Sorry, but that's just how things go.

Alex/Kunio-Kun - 0.26% - Isn't he a third party character? And a mostly unknown one at that. Yeah, tough luck.

Snake - 64.5% - Maybe a bit of growing pessimism, but still mostly the same overall.

Nominations
Chrom Assist Trophy X5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Wild Gunman: 0.02%

I know nothing about this guy. Sorry.

Homsar: 0%

Want: 0.05%

What
Why

Kunio-Kun prediction: 0.40%
Snake prediction: 70.72%

Nominate:
Neku (The World Ends With You) x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Changed my nominations and added 10% to my Snake prediction.

Everybody loves Snake, we all know we're going to rate him too high, let's just get the bias over with.
He's definitely getting a more likely than not rating.

I love the OP.
"X5 Alfonzo (Leave it to Me!)"
I'm guessing someone nominated him after he was deconfirmed?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wild Gunman:
Likelihood: 7%
C'mon guys. He's not that unlikely. I say he's as much fair game as Sheriff or Duck Hunt Dog.

Want: 33%
I have a lot of good memories of this game from my childhood. He's far from my most wanted, and I don't particularly care about him, but I nominated him as I believe he deserves to be rated.

Omastar:
Likelihood: 0%
Calling him the Luigi's Nose of the RTC would be appropriate.

Well, I wouldn't mind him being a Pokéball. :p

Kunio-Kun/Alex prediction: 0.1%
Snake prediction: 69%

Lip x 5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Abstaining from Wild Gunman

Omastar
Chances: .01% Memes don't make the character, it's still very low on the totem pole of potential Pokémon candidates.
Want: 0% Haven't watched TPP that much and I really dislike the meme, so absolutely not.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Wild Gunman 0.2%
Omastar 0%

predict:
Snake 55%
Kunio-kun 0.25%

nominate:
Ghirahim x5 (While a fair number of characters are slightly overrated, I consider him the most underrated characters in RTC)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oops. I forgot we get a really broad range of people playing here. For those that don't follow American football, I inserted a picture of Cam Newton, who is the star of the Carolina Panthers, instead of a picture of Panther Caruso. Not my fault that Cam Newton is apparently the most famous panther in the world.

As a fellow Brit, I can honestly say THIS is actually the most famous Panther to come from America;

So under-appreciated. Ungrateful man-cubs.

Wild Gunman
Chance: 3%
Let's be honest here. What does Wild Gunman bring that Sheriff can't? Are either more interesting or memorable than the likes of Lip, Bubbles, Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, Duck Hunt Dog or even Takamaru(a character we in the west didn't even get).

The above list of retros are all far, far, faaar more interesting and memorable choices to me with far better designs. Wild Gunman is a guy in a cowboy hat from a fairly forgettable game. Whoop de freaking do.
If we're talking gun related retros I'd rather have Duck Hunt Dog or Mach Rider by a long shot.

Omastar
No. Twitch Plays Pokemon is the only reason Omastar has become relevant on the internet again, and just like Mudkip, Seaking(**** yeah), or the Slowpoke meme it has no place or chance in Smash.

Omastar's chances are much like itself; dead and buried.

After this game I am forever sticking with Dome Fossil. Dancing is all Omastar is good for, and I'd rather we get Jimmy T. for that role...and I'm not even a big fan of Jimmy T.

Now; my favourite Pokemon in the world is Abra. I love his surprisingly high special attack, I love the fact he just runs away from people ruining Nuzlockes and dreams as he does so(what a little troll) and I love the fact when he evolves he not only has one of the finest moustaches on the planet, but he also becomes the smartest Pokemon in the world. (Also spoons.)

However; Abra(and indeed Kadabra and Alakazam) are not Smash worthy Pokemon. But even they, with their new Mega form, outrank Omastar in importance, relevancy and tend to rank considerably higher than Omastar on popularity polls.

So again; the only thing Omastar has to push him above others is internet memetic popularity, AKA the worst, most stupid, trolliest popularity in the world. The same fanbase that's trying to get Reggie playable now will be the one's rooting for Omastar. If I was Omastar and saw that happening I think I'd be glad to be extinct.

Predictions:
Kunio-Kun: 0.1%
No idea.

Snake prediction: 55%

No Brawl vets have been cut so say, but the interview with Kojima will probably knock down that score. Plus Snake is the most likely cut from all the remaining danger zone characters.

Nominations:
Nikki X 5

I won't be here until Monday; on my Stag Do/Bachelor Party. I'll see you next week!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Wild Gunman - 2%

I don't see how he could bring much more into Smash than the Sherrif can.

Want - 50%

Indifferent.

Omaster - 0%

It's a random Pokemon that has a meme.

That's it.

Want - 0%
Let me be very clear when I say this:

No.

Kunio-Kun prediction - 0.5%

I don't know who this character is.

Snake Prediction - 62%

Expecting a good amount of both low and high votes. Honestly I don't think he's as likely of a cut as many think he is, though I do admit his chances to be cut are kind of high compared to many other characters.

Happy Mask Salesman x5

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Omastar: 1%
Still technically possible, and more likely than other Pokemon due to having arms.

Want: 100%
LORD HELIX!

Abstaining on Gunman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom