• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535

Chance: 0%
All Shadow really has is a lot of requests from Miiverse, which means jack-all, and he was an AT in Brawl. The downsides? Way too much competition from Tails, Knuckles and even Eggman. He's no longer the cash grabbing cool hedgehog he was back in his heyday, in fact it almost kinda feels like even Sega wants to forget him. How sad.
Want: 0%
No thank you.

Paper Mayro
Chance: 1%
Damn you, Rosalina. He could still get in because of his uniqueness and Mario kinda deserves 6 slots in my honest opinion and he can maybe, JUST MAYBE represent his own series, but at this point I am very doubtful.
Want: 95%
My third most wanted newcomer. The Paper Mario games are all seriously awesome (please note that I haven't played SS yet), and it's a series that deserves way more representation in Smash.

Predictions
Arino: 0.09%
Roidley: 68.53%

Nom: Solid Snake X5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Paper Mario
Chance:
3%

What's that I hear? Paper Mario can get in and rep his own series? This argument has frustrated me for so long. Why?
PAPER MARIO IS NOT A GIANT OR FULLY ESTABLISHED FRANCHISE! IT'S A SPIN-OFF SERIES OF THE MARIO GAMES, BUT IT'S NOT AS BIG AS OR AS DEVELOPED AS DONKEY KONG, YOSHI, OR WARIO FOR PAPER MARIO TO COMPLETELY REPRESENT HIS OWN FRANCHISE! IF PAPER MARIO WANTS TO GET IN, HE HAS TO COMPETE WITH OTHER MARIO CHARACTERS!
Now with that out of the way, I have drastically lowered his scores as Rosalina basically annihilated his.
The odds of getting another Mario rep are low. While Paper Mario is an often requested and popular choice, I do believe that the stakes are now higher for another Mario rep. That 6th slot has to go to a character that is not only popular, but has an impressive resume and has some prominence within the Mario series.
The Paper Mario sub-series is not as important as the regular Mario games and Paper Mario himself doesn't have the longevity of Toad, nor the popularity of Bowser Jr.
To his credit, he would be an easy clone or semi-clone of Mario. However, I doubt Sakurai will add him instead of Bowser Jr., who I've said is not only more popular, but is also far more important to Mario. If there is a 6th Mario rep, it's Bowser Jr. or bust.
I love the Paper Mario series, but I don't want Paper Mario in Smash. I want Bowser Jr. first and foremost; I think that he would be an excellent choice for the 6th Mario rep. And then there is Toad, a popular character that does deserve to get into Smash. I much rather have these characters before Paper Mario.
Lastly, I hate having two of the same character on the roster. Paper Mario… is just a flat Mario. He would be boring.
"But he would be unique!"
I doubt it. Didn't people say the same for Toon Link pre-Brawl and look where he ended up as, an infamous semi-clone. While Paper Mario isn't known to utilize Fireballs often nor does he use a Cape and FLUDD, my gut is telling me that Sakurai will give him these moves regardless. It would be easy roster filler that would tick me off.
Add in a more interesting character.
Brawler just took what I was going to say, and totally said it before I could. Thanks for the timesaver in this.

Surly the Edgehog
Chances: 00.00%- Third Party Magic 1 Slot rule and too many better choices. Not DCed, but his chances are too low to even put as .01%.

Want: 00.00%- Has been explained already.

Predictions:
The Game Master from Retro Game Challenge-.03%- Third Party, based on real figure. I loved RGC, but not likely.
MOM-RIDLEY- 75%- We got Other M Samus, we'll likely get Other M Ridley.

Nominations:
Jack Frost (SMT) X5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG

Chance: 0.2% - Not really.

Want: 50% - Eh.

PAPER MARIO

Chance: 3% - Shredded greatly by Rosalina.

Want: 0% - One Mario is enough. Unless Dr.Mario returns.

Arino Prediction: 2% Umm..?

Other M Ridley Prediction: 80% - Because Other M has a lot of influence on this game, this is likely to be high.

Nominations:
Jack Frost x5

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
PAPER MARIO IS NOT A GIANT OR FULLY ESTABLISHED FRANCHISE! IT'S A SPIN-OFF SERIES OF THE MARIO GAMES, BUT IT'S NOT AS BIG AS OR AS DEVELOPED AS DONKEY KONG, YOSHI, OR WARIO FOR PAPER MARIO TO COMPLETELY REPRESENT HIS OWN FRANCHISE! IF PAPER MARIO WANTS TO GET IN, HE HAS TO COMPETE WITH OTHER MARIO CHARACTERS!
Yeah! It's not like it's a spiritual successor (and planned sequel) to one of the most beloved SNES games (and video games overall) of all time! It's just a stupid spin-off!

And look at how little games the series has! Only 4, which is one on every console since the N64!
Unlike the Yoshi series! That had a whopping 1 game when Yoshi made his Smash debut! And it even has 4 as of now! How outstanding!

It's not like Paper Mario can be unique! Just like how Link and Toon Link are both known for defeating Ganon with the Master Sword in 3D/top-down 2D adventure games, Mario and Paper Mario are both known for jumping on enemies (most of which are Bowser related) in simple-plot platforming games!
Some of Paper Mario's most famous weapons are the F.L.U.D.D. and the Fire Flower which makes him throw Fireballs.
It's not like Paper Mario has popular helpers that each have a small fanbase! That would be completely stupid in combat purposes!

Using Goombas, Koopas, Bombs, and Stickers as attacks would be completely generic and similar to Mario's moveset.
Great thing they didn't curse Paper Mario with with stupid partners like those!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Shadow? YES PLEASE!!!!!!
He and Tails have the best chances at being the second Sonic player, but Shadow I'd say has 35% chance.

Paper Mario? Eh, I doubt it! We don't need six Mario franchise characters. I'd say he's dead at 0%.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Shadow the Hedgehog:
Chance: 2%. As he's third party from an existing third party series, I seriously doubt it. That being said, if Sega caves and merges with Nintendo, it could happen. But there's still Tails and Knuckles to get in the way.
Want: 45%. I like Shadow, but he isn't on my priority list. I would rather have someone who doesn't chuckle.

Paper Mario:

Chance: 5%. There isn't a viable reason to include him, honestly.
Want: 65%. I honestly want Bowser Jr. over two Marios, even if the Mario is from one of my favorite games ever.

Arino Prediction: 0%. Um...what?
Other M Ridley: 65%. Very likely.

Nominations: Ghirahim x5.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And look at how little games the series has! Only 4, which is one on every console since the N64!
Unlike the Yoshi series! That had a whopping 1 game when Yoshi made his Smash debut! And it even has 4 as of now! How outstanding!
Actually Yoshi had two main series games; Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story under it's belt. If you're only counting MAIN Yoshi games he had two prior to his Smash 64 debut; Yoshi's Story was released in December 1997 in Japan and Smash 64 was released January 1999 in Japan. Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story count for sure.

Technically Yoshi ALSO had Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie and Yoshi's Safari as part of his series bumping it up to five.

Six if you count Tetris Attack, but since that was officially Lip's game I don't.

Just saying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah! It's not like it's a spiritual successor (and planned sequel) to one of the most beloved SNES games (and video games overall) of all time! It's just a stupid spin-off!

It's not like Paper Mario can be unique! Just like how Link and Toon Link are both known for defeating Ganon with the Master Sword in 3D/top-down 2D adventure games, Mario and Paper Mario are both known for jumping on enemies (most of which are Bowser related) in simple-plot platforming games!
Some of Paper Mario's most famous weapons are the F.L.U.D.D. and the Fire Flower which makes him throw Fireballs.
It's not like Paper Mario has popular helpers that each have a small fanbase! That would be completely stupid in combat purposes!

Using Goombas, Koopas, Bombs, and Stickers as attacks would be completely generic and similar to Mario's moveset.
Great thing they didn't curse Paper Mario with with stupid partners like those!
1. I dunno where you are going with this point where it is a spiritual successor to Super Mario RPG. That doesn't add to Paper Mario's case.

2. Yoshi has numerous games before his Smash debut. He had Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Safari, Yoshi's Cookie, and Yoshi under his belt (and probably a few more). After Melee, he had Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi: Touch & Go, and Yoshi Topsy Turvy, and now he has Yoshi's New Island after Brawl. Paper Mario has the original, TTYD, SPM, and Sticker Star. Not as established as Yoshi is back then and not as established as Yoshi is now.

3. Paper Mario CAN be unique, but THIS lovely little quote about Toon Link tells me otherwise:
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/hidden11.html
"Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same."
Although Paper Mario easily has moves and partners to draw from, this quote tells me that he would end up being a clone regardless of what you've said. His name has freaking Mario for crying out loud, they might as well make 50 of him instead of unique characters.

You're not convincing me to change my score or to support Paper Mario. I love the games (bar that piece of garbage Sticker Star), but I do not want to see him in Smash. Even then, I don't think that he will get in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shadow? Oh how we've fallen. :p

He gets a 0/0 for Chance/Want from me. Getting a second Sonic character at all has a snowball's chance in Hell, and if we did happen to have a fireproof snowball, said snowball would be Tails or Eggman if anyone...

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Although Paper Mario easily has moves and partners to draw from, this quote tells me that he would end up being a clone regardless of what you've said. His name has freaking Mario for crying out loud, they might as well make 50 of him instead of unique characters.
People seem to want Toon Zelda/Tetra, so would she be considered a clone of Zelda and Sheik? I wouldn't want Paper Mario if he was a clone of Mario, but I personally think Paper Mario is further apart from Mario than Toon Link is from Link (ability-wise). Paper Mario doesn't run around with FLUDD either. Nor does he shoot fireballs out of his hands. Except in Sticker Star. :sick:
"Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same."
This has to be one of the dumbest rules, sounds more like laziness to me.

You're not convincing me to change my score or to support Paper Mario. I love the games (bar that piece of garbage Sticker Star), but I do not want to see him in Smash. Even then, I don't think that he will get in Smash.
I'm not trying to convince you to change your opinion which I respect. But I honestly don't think Paper Mario would turn into a Mario clone if he were to appear.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Shadow:
Chances: 1% Only because he is extremely popular for some reason.
Want: 10%

-Paper Mario:
Chances: 5%
Want: 70%

-Arino Prediction: 0,5%

-Other M Ridley Prediction: 69%

-Nomination: Robin (FE) X5

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh, looks like I didn't actually do my rating today. I can't let those extra noms go to waste!

Shadow Chance: 1%
Like Chandelure said above me, only because of popularity.
If it was about importance and/or uniqueness, (which it is) we'd probably see Tails and Robotnik first.

Shadow Want: 0%
I'd give a big rant, but @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad basically summed it up for me.
Shadow was a great character who had a great ending, and never needed to appear again. But Sega decided to start printing money with the Sonic franchise, and started by bring back Shadow and giving no explanation!
Hooray for money! Hooray for sales! Hooray for not even caring about making a good game anymore!
YOU SUCK SHADOW!

Paper Mario Chance: 2.5%
Sorry Papario (that's what I call him :p), but Rosalina completely screwed you over. Even on the slight chance that there is another Mario newcomer, it would be Bowser Jr.
The only chance you have is if you represent your own series, which is pretty unlikely.

Paper Mario Want: 40%
I love you so much.
You can be kinda like Rosalina, but with partners instead of Luma.
You'd be so great!

Arino Prediction: 0.1%
Just, why?

Other M Ridley Prediction: 69.69%
If Samus is Other M, so is Ridley.
Even though I'd prefer the classic-style Ridley we all know and love instead of that tiny-headed serpent!

Omnomnominations: X10 Roy!
ROY'S OUR BOY! ROY'S OUR BOY! ROY'S OUR BOY! HOOORAAAY!

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Shadow

We don't know if 3rd parties can have more than one character. Besides, he isn't even next in line. He would only come in after Tails, Knuckles and Eggman/Robotnik. Once I see those, then we'll talk. No i don;t want him, hes fine as an AT. Any playstyle i see him using would be very similar to Sonic.\, that is unless you give him guns (NO.)

Paper Mario
Chance: 3%
Want: 90%

He would be a pretty sweet addition IMO. He could use the various abilities he learns in his game, including some nice aesthetics (Rolling could be him rolling into a tube, a glide ability involving the paper airplane, charging his hammer for a spin attack, etc.) He could be very unique, and I strongly believe if he did show up, he wouldn't be a clone, not even a semi clone. That being said, his chance is very limited due to Mario probably not getting another character, even though he could be considered a separate series. Also, if he was a Mario character, he probably isn't the one to be added.

Arino: Who? 0.02%
Other M Ridley: ehh... 32%

Nominations:
Lupus x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Shadow:0% Chance
Over Tails, Eggman, or even Knuckles?
0% Want
I still feel the burn of 2000-2006...

Paper Mario
10% Chance
Rosalina killed him...
80% Want
Love the Paper Mario Games...

Arino 0.57% Prediction
Other M RIdley 55.55% Prediction

Nomination Lucas (The Wizard) x5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Just an fyi: No special post for Omastar from me. Maybe a few lines or something, but nothing special planned.

I do however, have something planned for a character who I know my opinion on is very controversial.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
ShadN0:

Chance: N0%
Want: N0%

Go to @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's post to see why I dislike him. (Not to mention I'd rather see Tails or Eggman)

Paper Mario:

Chance: 2%
Rosalina

Toad

Predictions:
Arino: .1%?
Other M Ridley: 44.5%

Nominations: x5 Snake

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
@ Groose Groose I will be gone for about four days starting on Saturday. Would you accept my ratings if I posted them all on Saturday morning? (the top four on the nominations list).

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Interesting that Paper Maro has sparked more controversy than Shadow. I have a feeling that tomorrow will spark some serious controversy, though...
@ Groose Groose , Including these nominations, Captain Rainbow should have 45 nominations now. I think that you are giving my nominations to "Captain Rainbow with Nick," which is something completely different.
Oops. I concur. I'll fix that and proceed with more caution.
@ Groose Groose I will be gone for about four days starting on Saturday. Would you accept my ratings if I posted them all on Saturday morning? (the top four on the nominations list).
Of course! Just PM them to me.
Yea, I'm going to be far away all next week.
I don't really accept nominations while you're away, but I'll take ratings for characters if you'd like me to do so.

Shadow the Hedgehog: 5%
Shadow has something going for him that few will admit: popularity. He's possibly the most popular Sonic character there is, and he's by far the most popular request for Smash Bros. Unfortunately, his popularity now is not quite as indicative of what it was a year ago; he was always a semi-common request, but it wasn't until after the character selection process ended and Miiverse was created that his support really came together. So I'm going to say he's a moderately strong terms of requests and say that if he were a Nintendo character, he'd definitely have been seriously considered.

Unfortunately, Shadow is not a Nintendo characters and that's where his rating plummets. Will they allow two third-party characters from the same series into the game? Would they consider his popularity worth going through the contracts for? Would they select him over Tails, a character that is more longstanding and important to the Sonic franchise?

I'd say that my 5% rating indicates that I think he does have a realistic chance (something few here seem to concur with), but it's a pretty small one. I'd be surprised if he made it in, and perhaps I'd even be shocked. However, I would not be truly flabbergasted.

Shadow the Hedgehog Want: 15%
I loved Shadow in SA2, which is possibly the last Sonic game I actually liked. He was a cool and "dark" character, and his story was actually very interesting to me, and he was deeper than a lot of characters in video games. For a time, he rivaled Knuckles and Sonic for the title of my favorite Sonic character!

...and then they decided to bring him back. Okay, cool. But do you really have to go through the same plot in amnesia mode for two games in a row? Really? Then slap him in Sonic '06, then... ugh. That's it. Just go read YoshiandToad's post; we agree on pretty much everything.

All in all, I do still like Shadow as a whole. However, I no longer like him so much that I want him in Smash Bros. I wouldn't outright hate it, though.

Paper Mario Chance: 5%
I've always been a bit low on him; his main saving grace is that he'd be a simple character to make because he's 2D and his animations aren't exactly technologically demanding. Even so, he's not a huge enough character to demand being playable and he does have competition with more "frequent" Mario characters like... well, Bowser Jr. is pretty much the only choice left, but I feel like he still has a much better shot. Paper Mario is a darkhorse candidate in a franchise that only has about a 35% chance of getting a newcomer.

Paper Mario Want: 10%
Same old story: I used to support him for Brawl; one of the first three characters I ever made a moveset for (the others being K. Rool and Little Mac); I love the Paper Mario games. However, I'm much less into him now because I'd rather see some important characters from other franchises (Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena) and some new franchises (Shulk, Dillon, etc.) get in before a Mario character, and even then I'd prefer Toad or Bowser Jr.
Aside: Although I pretty much gave up hope for Toad after seeing him as a move, I've been beginning to think that he has some sort of chance again for some reason. I'm not remotely expecting him, but I'm just tossing it out there incase if my recent hunch proves true and he's not as deconfirmed as we think.

Dillon x5

The day will end after I grab some dinner.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Interesting that Paper Maro has sparked more controversy than Shadow. I have a feeling that tomorrow will spark some serious controversy, though...

Oops. I concur. I'll fix that and proceed with more caution.

Of course! Just PM them to me.

I don't really accept nominations while you're away, but I'll take ratings for characters if you'd like me to do so.

Shadow the Hedgehog: 5%
Shadow has something going for him that few will admit: popularity. He's possibly the most popular Sonic character there is, and he's by far the most popular request for Smash Bros. Unfortunately, his popularity now is not quite as indicative of what it was a year ago; he was always a semi-common request, but it wasn't until after the character selection process ended and Miiverse was created that his support really came together. So I'm going to say he's a moderately strong terms of requests and say that if he were a Nintendo character, he'd definitely have been seriously considered.

Unfortunately, Shadow is not a Nintendo characters and that's where his rating plummets. Will they allow two third-party characters from the same series into the game? Would they consider his popularity worth going through the contracts for? Would they select him over Tails, a character that is more longstanding and important to the Sonic franchise?

I'd say that my 5% rating indicates that I think he does have a realistic chance (something few here seem to concur with), but it's a pretty small one. I'd be surprised if he made it in, and perhaps I'd even be shocked. However, I would not be truly flabbergasted.

Shadow the Hedgehog Want: 15%
I loved Shadow in SA2, which is possibly the last Sonic game I actually liked. He was a cool and "dark" character, and his story was actually very interesting to me, and he was deeper than a lot of characters in video games. For a time, he rivaled Knuckles and Sonic for the title of my favorite Sonic character!

...and then they decided to bring him back. Okay, cool. But do you really have to go through the same plot in amnesia mode for two games in a row? Really? Then slap him in Sonic '06, then... ugh. That's it. Just go read YoshiandToad's post; we agree on pretty much everything.

All in all, I do still like Shadow as a whole. However, I no longer like him so much that I want him in Smash Bros. I wouldn't outright hate it, though.

Paper Mario Chance: 5%
I've always been a bit low on him; his main saving grace is that he'd be a simple character to make because he's 2D and his animations aren't exactly technologically demanding. Even so, he's not a huge enough character to demand being playable and he does have competition with more "frequent" Mario characters like... well, Bowser Jr. is pretty much the only choice left, but I feel like he still has a much better shot. Paper Mario is a darkhorse candidate in a franchise that only has about a 35% chance of getting a newcomer.

Paper Mario Want: 10%
Same old story: I used to support him for Brawl; one of the first three characters I ever made a moveset for (the others being K. Rool and Little Mac); I love the Paper Mario games. However, I'm much less into him now because I'd rather see some important characters from other franchises (Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena) and some new franchises (Shulk, Dillon, etc.) get in before a Mario character, and even then I'd prefer Toad or Bowser Jr.
Aside: Although I pretty much gave up hope for Toad after seeing him as a move, I've been beginning to think that he has some sort of chance again for some reason. I'm not remotely expecting him, but I'm just tossing it out there incase if my recent hunch proves true and he's not as deconfirmed as we think.

Dillon x5

The day will end after I grab some dinner.
Do you already have a schedule for the whole week?

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Poisoned eggplants successfully delivered? Check. Groose has severe food poisoning? Check. No mods in sight? Check. It's go time!

Shadow the Hedgehog
1.77% chance
5.48% want

Yeah, I hate that annoying hedgehog, too. What's with villains nowadays? They're all so serious and so boring. I want a rival who can give some banter, not some teenage angst story!

Paper Mario
9.68% chance (was 29.85%)
39.02% want (was 50.97%)

What joke does Groose reuse every time Paper Mario comes up in this game? Something about how flat he is? Yeah, I don't know either. His sens of humor can't compare to mine.

I see you guys went to all the trouble of rating Miiverse's Number 2 Most Wanted Newcomer yesterday. Once again you humans show your complete stupidity; why didn't you rate their MOST WANTED first? Heck, you even rated his namesake, so why didn't you rate DBZ Goku? Anyway, I'm here to fix that glaring mistake--please rate Goku in chance and want today.

Now you're probably saying, Hades, Hades, Hades. You wouldn't bother with this pathetic thread if you didn't have something more serious to talk about, right? And you're absolutely right. Would you like a cookie? Maybe because you're so smart I'll give you a special treat. I just got to play a beta of Smash, and I saw something very intresting. Here, I'll share!

[collapse=Spoilers For Smash 4!]
Really. I actually have some serious info in here. Open this next tab at your own risk.
[collapse=Spoilers! Really!]
I hope you're ready to have your mind blown.
[collapse=SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!]
I AM A LEAKER FROM ANOTHER PLANET. TURN BACK OR BE SPOILED!
[collapse=Last Warning]
This next tab definitely have a real spoiler. Trust me.
[collapse=Here You Go!]
Spoiler: This will change your life! Are you ready?
[collapse=Picture]

[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
That's right! I, Hades the Magnificient, have been leaked for Smash 4 on the same day Kid Icarus turns two and the same day Phosphora was officially confirmed as a trophy! Please rate Hades in chance and want! ...and keep it serious, mmkay?

Outside of that... Groose had a couple of people slated for today... I'll push them back a bit and let people keep predicting them... nominate whoever you want, got it? ...hmmm, I think that's everything. Please enjoy today's awesome rating!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Goku:

I have nothing to explain.

Hades:

Chance: 1%
Not at all likely. The only possible way he could get in would be with Sakurai deciding that he'd be a better fit for taking Ganondorf's moveset than Black Shadow, which I just don't see happening.

I would be really happy to see him as a boss...and only a boss. If we're talking Kid Icarus characters, I'd rather have Palutena and Medusa. In that order. And there's no way that we're getting four Kid Icarus characters.

Already predicted.

Noms: Snake x5

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Goku Chance: 0%- I really hope everyone gives him 0% in chance.
Why on earth would I ever want an freaking anime character in this game?!? Third-party video game characters are where I draw the line.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bleh time!

0/0 for Chance/Want for G0ku.

andimidna

Smash Master
Wait what? What happened to Other M Ridley and Arino?
That's not how this thread works...

Edit: Meh. I'd rather rate Goku and Hades anyways.
Goku chance: -100% (AKA 0%)
I couldn't give him the same rating as Sandbag, even though Sandbag is deconfirmed.
This is the best I could do for least deserving character.
Want: 0% No. The rage would be awful if he got in. I don't want to see the world explode. Except if Honey Queen...Nah...
Hades Chance:

Alright, let's look at every viable Kid Icarus character.
Pit: 100%
Palutena: 93%
Medusa: 35%
Viridi: 0%
Hades: 10%
Pandora: 2%
Phosphora: 0%
Magnus: 1%
Eggplant Wizard: 1%

Pre-confirmation scores:
Viridi: 19%
Phosphora: 1.5%

That's looking at the characters individually.

But if Palutena (by FAR the most likely) gets in, the rest reduce to:

Medusa: 20%
Hades: 7%
Pandora: 1%
Magnus: 0.5%
Eggplant Wizard: 0.5%

For Hades to get in, I honestly think BOTH Palutena and Medusa would have had to already make it. The 2nd most iconic character of the series and the most iconic villain, so if Medusa got in and Hades was next in line, the scores would be:

Hades: 2.5%
Pandora: 0.2%
Magnus: 0.1%
Eqqplant Wizard: 0.1%

I honestly think Viridi was more likely than all 4 of these, and is deconfirmed, I really don't see these happening.

So, finally...
Hades chance: 2.5%
You have to consider the lowering of his chances after the characters that would most likely get in before him.
Palutena is and will always be 2nd most important Kid Icarus character.
Medusa will always be the most iconic villain. Well... I guess if Hades returned in the next Kid Icarus game and she didn't... OK, this could easily change. But Medusa was the original villain and returned in Uprising. So, Hades wouldn't get in over her, and a 3rd KI character is very unlikely.
Want:
Once again, all of 'em:
Pit: 100% duh.
Palutena: 1,000,000%!!!!!

Viridi: 90%
Medusa: 89.99%
Pandora: 60%

Phosphora: 50%
Hades: 20%
Eggplant Wizard: 0.1%

Magnus: 0%

Now, if Magnus got in over Palutena, I'd be pissed.
He's already got Viridi and Phosphora out of his way.
And if he got in over Medusa, I'd be a little upset.
And if he got in over Pandora, I wouldn't care.
Although, I'm not going to move down his want score just because I want other characters over him, his individual score is 20% and I don't see many people giving him much higher, so I think he deserves this much.

Predictions: n/a
???

Noms
xYuga

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Goku Chance: 0.01% Not happening unless he's states he'll allow anime characters in Smash, maybe not this Smash.
Goku Want: 100% Yes please, I want him playable no matter how many times you say it to me. I think he would be a very welcoming addition in my eyes.
Hades Chance: 12%
Hades Want: 100% Deja vu.

Nominations:
x5 All Popular Newcomer Candidates.

Pyrrhon

Smash Rookie
Wait what? What happened to Other M Ridley and Arino?
That's not how this thread works...
Ahahahaha! Life isn't fair, citizen! That's why I'm so much more awesome than any of you!

...but I agree that this is ridiculus. Hades, you fiend! Flee, or face the power of my pyroblaster!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Brilliant.

Goku:
Want: 100%
Look. I hate DBZ fanboys more than Sonic fanboys, and I never got into DBZ, but IMAGINE THE RAGE.
It would be ****ing glorious, I wouldnt even care.

Hades:
Chance: 20%
I dunno, kinda hard for me to predict.
Want: 100%
The best character ever created.

also when the hell did we get an invasion of KI:U character users here???

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

He's seems kind of interesting
and his name is all over miiverse
The story he;s based off seems pretty popular, but is he himself very well known?
I'm gonna have to say around 0.001%

As for the other guy....

look at that smug mug...
He's certainly interesting as a character, pretty popular too, but I saw nothing unique as a fighter.
He's got pretty big competition in the form of the Snake Lady that could do that whole job he has of running the underworld only more efficiently.
As well as that muscular human with whom he never saw, interacted with or probably even knows.
25%

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Goku chance: 0.001% - Goku has nothing to do with Nintendo. I'll rate him above 0% due to sheer popularity.
Goku want: 30% DBZ fan, but not in smash. I prefer Naruto.

Hades chance: 3%
Want: 3%

Starman x5

D

Deleted member

HADES!
IN THE NAME OF RTC MANAGER GROOSE, I WILL DEFEAT YOU!!!
Goku and Hades have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Hades before, check to see what you said on his day!

Goku, Miiverse's Most Wanted Character
Chance and Want:
0%

Despite his high popularity and importance (on Miiverse), he will never make it into Smash period. I always turn my head in disgust whenever he gets mentioned.
Just no... just... stay out of Smash, Goku.

Hades
Chance and Want:
0%

Go home Hades... just go home...
OK fine, I will give a serious score. After all, this is HADES we are talking about.
REAL Chance: 15%
I'll give Hades a 3% bump from before.
Sakurai definitely has KI:U in his mind when he started developing SSB4. He just completed that game and I am pretty sure that he looked at how popular the characters are. Hades emerged from Uprising and he definitely became one of the most popular characters within that game; he's loved by fans and heavily praised by critics.
Hades is the main villain in Uprising and due to his popularity in that game and how Medusa isn't seen for a very long time, I will give the edge to Hades becoming the 3rd KI character. Hades just comes out of nowhere and starts to take over after Medusa's defeat. Heck, we don't see Medusa again until the very last chapter! Hades was far more prevalent in that game than Medusa was.
Unfortunately, a 3rd KI character is questionable. Hades can't compete against Palutena in terms of popularity and requests to get the 2nd slot. After that, he has to compete against Medusa for the 3rd slot. Kid Icarus getting a 3rd slot is highly questionable because it's not that big as Donkey Kong or Kirby to warrant that 3rd slot; I feel as though Sakurai would have to have some bias to give it that 3rd slot.
Overall, I think that he is the best bet for a 3rd KI rep. However... such a thing is highly unlikely.
REAL Want: 666% 100%
It's freaking HADES for crying out loud! Of course I want to play as him!
Pretty Palutena is so mundane.
Big Bad Medusa is old news and old news bores me!
I want to see Hades fight against Pitty Pat and Pretty Palutena in Smash. Again... he is so freaking awesome and he is only behind Ganondorf as my favorite video game villain of all-time!
I know that he isn't possible, but he is definitely within my top 10 most wanted newcomers! I would be so freaking hyped to play as Hades! I find Palutena and her staff moveset to be uninteresting (as I've said before) and she wasn't my favorite character in Uprising. Hades however is my 2nd favorite character in that game, right behind Pit himself. But, why does Hades interest me? Well, he could have all sorts of powerhouse attacks where playing as him would be satisfying and he has enough to work with to make for an interesting character!
Seriously, I wish this guy could be playable in Smash and I wish he could be the 2nd KI rep, not Palutena. Even if he isn't playable in SSB4, he must have some dialogue in that game at least! Give me hilarious codec messages!

Arino Prediction: .64%
I dunno.
Other M Ridley Prediction: 70.24%
Nearly identical to Ridley's scores. Bias for the purple space dragon will save this.
Nominations: Captain Rainbow 5x
@ Groose Groose , he should be at 50 nominations now.

After this day, I might take a break on nominating him and probably start nominating Wario Land Wario.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Goku - 0%

No need to explain. You all already know why he isn't ever getting in.

Want -

That means 0%

Hades - 15%

He has huge competition with Palutena, and three Kid Icarus character seem unlikely. But Hades and Kid Icarus Uprising were well received, so he has that. Sakurai definitely seems to have Uprising on his mind at the moment.

Want - 85%

Unfortunately I have yet to play Uprising, but from what I know of Hades, I'd like to see him in, as long as Palutena gets in first.

Already made my predictions.

Happy Mask Salesman x5

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
GOKU FROM NINTENDO'S YUYUKI YOU DINGUSES

If it was the stupid Goku, I'm pretty sure you prefer to him as "Son Goku"?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
-Kakarot
Chances:9.2% - due to anime characters not being allowed in Smash as of yet, he's got low chances. However, he is still somewhat possible, he'd be the Snake of Smash 4, where we previously thought of him as being impossible for being 3rd party (in Kakarot's case, 4th party)

Want:90% -I'd love to see him in, but there are other characters I'd like to see first, such as Mr.Satan, Dr.Piccolo, Sasha Braus, and Armin Arlert.

-Hades
Chances: 25% -I believe he would be the next Kid Icarus choice after Palutena. He seems to completely overshadow Medusa in Awakening, giving him a good chance to represent the UnderWorld.

Want:85% -Dat personality. His cockiness and trolliness. I love it. He's also got a good amount of moveset potential too. You can really tell Sakurai poured his heart out on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom