• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Fun day, fun fun fun! Rerating Bandana Dee! :grin: Server Issues won those noms, GG.

We're EATING MONKEYS NOW?

Cranky Kong-Old Skool

Pros
+Tropical Freeze
+Everyone thinks he's likely now
+Moveset potential
Cons
-Dixie
-K Rool
-MUHRECENCY (Yes, this is a con because people shouldn't use it as a solo arguement and it hurts the ratings)

Overall... If you think about it, K Rool hasn't been relevant in a while. Furthermore, Dixie doesn't really have much potential to me, she lacks in moveset but has some ground. Maybe. But Cranky, man, people think he's getting overhyped because of his TF inclusion, but he'd a weird and unique fit that lies in with the rest of the roster. That old monkey has a few tricks up its sleeve, but he still has those two as a huge threat.
33.33%

Want: Yes. Simple. Yes. I want an old monkey that uses his pogo stick like the almighty king of gold. 90%

On an additional note.
And the female argument is no serious argumentation. There was never some sort of female quote that had to be achieved. Why should it be different this time?
Anyone who is not putting Cranky on the same level as Dixie is just not considering what seems realistic. I don't say Dixie will be less probable than Cranky, but I won't say Cranky being less probable than Dixie neither.
I agree with this entirely. The Female arguement is a giant excuse and on it's own a pathetic arguement.

TIME FOR THE MAIN EVENT! Bandana. Dee.

Watch what you post my friends...

Chances:

Pros
+4th Kirby Rep that has no competition. He takes everything down in it's way.
+Moveset potential. Spears are not necessarily used as a primary weapon by most Smash Bros characters in their movesets. And it's not just that: Waddle Dees have parasols, wands, etc.
+Unique. He's got charm, personality and awesome factor. Oh, and Spearcopter. Bandana Dee is a character with lots of backup.

Cons-Personal Arguements in Italics and purple.
-Modesty. People still argue Sakurai has his "Modesty" and doesn't want to add more characters from his series.
This breaks the overall equity of the roster that was so desired in Brawl and I believe this arguement is partial rubbish for that fact.
-People argue that Kirby got 2 new reps in Brawl, so no new one here. What else got 2 new slots in Brawl? And 4 New Reps? POKEMON. And no one argues that we aren't getting a new slot for that series with a seriously powerful arguement.. So why is it to say that we can't get new slots for Kirby? Or Star Fox? Or Donkey Kong?
-The Waddle Dee Throw. Bandana Dee was a deal enough that I was actually surprised he didn't show up as part of that move. Now, he's became an even bigger deal. If King DeDeDe didn't have Bandana, that's a big, blatant sign that this arguement is dead.
-Kirby Series is "Complete." A series can't really ever be complete. Take Mario. Most people I know thought that the Mario series is rather complete and didn't need a new rep, but that isn't the case, eh? Bandana Dee has became a big thing in recent times and, if he doesn't get in this game, will likely create a void for Smash V that will need to be filled by him. It's already there, but it is not big enough for a shoo-in just yet.
Overall? A lot of the arguements for Bandana Dee are very flawed. I want to see some real arguements that can seriously pack a strong punch without being half-cooked, and I'll still be confident in Bandana. I'm even more confident in Bandana Dee's Inclusion since my last rating, so I'm going to go full throttle and give him a 90.00%. :dr^_^:

Want: Do I really need to explain as the second banana of Chandelure my want to Bandana Dee? My most wanted newcomer? I hope I don't have to. At all. Because I've done it before.
Want: Let's begin as to WHY I really want Bandana, and why he's my most wanted character.

While it may not look like it, I love the Kirby series. Behind Pokemon, it's my favorite Nintendo franchise. After having a nostalgia trip with Return to Dreamland when it came out, I began to take some thought on Smash 4's possible newcomers, with as little bias as possible. No matter what, I always ended up saving some slot for the little guy. He's adorable, he's got an awesome spear, even better, he rounds out the newer Kirby crew! And for costumes, we have Waddle Doo! So yeah, this guy is the top notch on my lists, my priorities and wants. He's epic, he's cute, and he has potential.

So... coming out with an obvious rate is obvious rate...
100.00% for my want. No doubt my most wanted, and if he gets no inclusion anywhere in the game, I will not be happy.
Because I love the Kirby series, Bandana Dee, Spears and all of it. Yes. Please. 100.00%. No Want Change from me, but an even higher chances. I'm sure of it.

So to be firm, I'm even more confident in his chances. Like, Diddy Confident. And I'm an Impa supporter too! She's behind Shulk and Bandana for me.

No Hopers to Microsoft
Banjo-Kazooie will primarily be rated out of nostalgia for some folks. The problem is that we can't have a Microsoft Owned Property in Smash. The physics of it are completely bonkers and insane. So how about a .3% prediction for the one random user who forgets this fact.

Still Nominating Extensive Alternate Costumes X5. So close to Reaching the Goal.

My Favorite Days of RTC:
85-Cole Train? How about No.
110-Groose. No explanation.
114-THIS DAY WAS BEAUTIFUL.

Axle Out. And Remember.
I. Am. Watching.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Truely, Cranky might be a good choice over Dixie, as he's likely gonna be a middle weight character, an inbetween version of power and speed out of the styles of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Dixie would resemble Diddy's frame mostly. Just something I'd like to point out. However, I could see 3 newcomers for DKC this time, because why the **** not? Would require a newcomer for Mario however, but it could be a simple something as Dr.Mario and it would work...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
90% for chance?

Damn son, you're...err... confident. I'm not even THAT confident with Mewtwo or Little Mac. Hell, that's higher than some of the veterans chances.

I really hope he's in now for your sake.
I'm very confident in the characters I support. I support characters that I like and want to see in and I summon up a big shot of logic to support myself. That's what I am doing once an Impa rerate comes round. (My next support after EAC)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Cranky: 10%
Want: 0%
Bandana: 55%
Want: 50%
Favorite Days:
Yarne
Owain
Omastar
BANJO: .1% Lower than Cole. That's right. I'm going there.

Chrom x 5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Have you guys noticed that the chance score is usually around the same as the want score on Bandana Dee? I may support him but 80%+? That's to high. Meanwhile, the people giving him a 0% want are also giving him 3-9%. An no offense to whoever did/does this but giving Bandana Dee a lower chance then Cranky Kong??? WHAT???

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Cranky Kong:

Likelihood: 5%. I understand he's playable in Tropcial Freeze, but hear me out. Sakurai decided the final roster what, last year? And, unless he knew about everything going on now, there's no way he'd introduce Cranky because of his playability in TF. Cranky doesn't really do much before that, and the idea of Cranky before K. Rool or Dixie BECAUSE of his Scrooge McDuck antics in an upcoming game sickens me.

Want: 10%. In the next Smash Bros, that is. Only if Dixie and K. Rool get in over him in this installment.

Bandanna Dee:

Likelihood: 70%. He's awesome, he's Bandanna Dee, the only character that can complete his series. Moveset potential up the wazoo, a cute appearance, a spear, what more could you want! Plus, with Toad basically gone, I want to have one loyal minion playable! It'd be better if Toad and Bandanna Dee were both playable, however...

Want: 95%. He's a staple on my rosters, most people have an Elite 4, I have an Elite 6: Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, King K. Rool, Little Mac and Bandanna Dee. He beats a lot of my most wanted characters (Sukapon, Geno) onto my "vision of the ideal Smash Bros. 4 roster". Why would anybody hate him?

Banjo: There will be a HUGE difference between likelihood and want. Trust me. But, if I were to guess, likelihood will be in the 0-10%, and want will be in the 30-50%.

Favorite Days:

1. Hades
2. Chancellor Cole
3. Donbe & Hikari (my own characters)

Nominations: Quote x5.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Have you guys noticed that the chance score is usually around the same as the want score on Bandana Dee? I may support him but 80%+? That's to high. Meanwhile, the people giving him a 0% want are also giving him 3-9%. An no offense to whoever did/does this but giving Bandana Dee a lower chance then Cranky Kong??? WHAT???
You could honestly say that both became playable just recently, only Bandanna Dee has the slight upper chance in terms of appearances and relevance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most Underrated character? I don't know. Maybe that would be Dark Samus? But I can admit bias in that prospect. I really like the character. And she seems like a really good choice for later on in development. I can't even stretch that enough.

Bandanna Dee

Likelihood: 60%: We might not get another Kirby character. It isn't needed, but no one is particularly against it. He seems like one of the better choices too. Then we have the whole Sakurai being modest thing.

Want: 70% He seems cool enough. And no on the roster uses a spear type weapon yet. So it would be cool to see. Not one of my top choices, but a worthy addition nonetheless.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Cranky Kong:

Likelihood: 2%. Only being playable in one game, and not being the main character/characters of that game. I don't think he will make it, especially having to contend with former planned character Dixie and popular choice K. Rool.

Bandana Dee:

Likelihood: 35%. Sakurai does not like to rep his own series much, which is why we only saw 1 Kirby character until Brawl. I figure we'll get the same Kirby cast from Brawl: Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede. But he has the best chance of all Kirby newcomers.

Want: 75% - Kirby, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are the biggest and deserve at least 1 more each.

Banjo:
Likelihood will be 0-5%
Want will be 50-95%.

Favorite Days:

1. Dr. Kawashima
2. Ray MK

Nominations:
Sora x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, OP is still uneditable. I'm not updating today because it's Sunday and because of the site problems, but I did check Dee's chance score. It's currently at 42%, a score that would put him 13th overall, just behind Shulk and in front of Saki.

Granted that score will drop a little bit when I finish making my Ace-Attorney Style Rating to end all Ace-Attorney Style Ratings.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, OP is still uneditable. I'm not updating today because it's Sunday and because of the site problems, but I did check Dee's chance score. It's currently at 42%, a score that would put him 13th overall, just behind Shulk and in front of Saki.

Granted that score will drop a little bit when I finish making my Ace-Attorney Style Rating to end all Ace-Attorney Style Ratings.
Just don't go overboard with it, like lonekonwolf :troll:

Groose

Smash Champion
Lonekonwolf? Overboard? Son, let me explain this to you: Groose's Ace-Attorney-Style Ratings are HARCORE. Lonekonwolf is good, but he can't compare.

Why I've spent a half hour already and it isn't finished!

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping that we will never rate Bandana Dee again… his days seem to get ugly…

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Lonekonwolf? Overboard? Son, let me explain this to you: Groose's Ace-Attorney-Style Ratings are HARCORE. Lonekonwolf is good, but he can't compare.

Why I've spent a half hour already and it isn't finished!
mine took over an hour mate, bring it, also let me say that I would be disappointed in you if you didn't use one of the prosecutors:awesome:
also groose have you tried the thread tools button right next to the watch thread button? that's how I was able to change the title on my thread

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
An no offense to whoever did/does this but giving Bandana Dee a lower chance then Cranky Kong??? WHAT???
Since I did this, and yes, it does seem kinda weird, I'll explain. Cranky and Bandana are both in curiously similar situations as of late: they're eternal background characters from their franchises who have finally been made playable in their most recent incarnations as the fourth character of four. As far as Smash is concerned, they effectively have the same qualifications. Naturally, by extension, they each have similar chances to appear in Smash, which in my opinion is minimal as each is greatly outshone by the franchise reps already in Smash and, in Cranky's case, two possible newcomers. So, Bandana should end up with a somewhat higher rating with less competition, right?

Well, no. The thing is, DK has only two reps in Smash as of Brawl, while Kirby has three. This naturally gives an edge to DK to receive another rep over Kirby as a similarly important/popular franchise historically, so already Cranky gets some help by extension even if he does have much more notable competition. Further, DK has had a smash hit recently in DKCR, reviving a franchise effectively dormant since 1999's DK64, while Kirby has kept stable since Brawl with decently successful games but with no DKCR-level hits. Donkey Kong has proven its a series ripe for growth, while Kirby is the same as its always been despite attempts at innovation like Epic Yarn. Again, advantage DK for at least one more rep.

What really puts it over the top for me is Nintendo not only heavily promoting Tropical Freeze as the next big hit, but that it considered Cranky Kong being in the game a suitably big surprise for the recent Spike VGAs, home of major industry reveals like MGS5 and Skyrim. That's not only pushing DK as the next big franchise, but Cranky Kong as the next big character. That's quite a bit of faith in both the franchise and the character, enough that it's easy to believe Nintendo would want to push further cross promotion with more Donkey Kong characters in Smash and, yes, playable Cranky Kong.

Bandana's doing well for himself of late too, sure, but he's still got a long way to go to be up on the level of Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight, just as Cranky has a long way to go to compare to Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool. Still between the two, it seems like fate is really favoring Cranky of late, and while I think they're both longshots to get in, Cranky might just have enough momentum over at Nintendo to have snuck into the roster. Bandana, on the other hand, seems likely to simply lose out to newcomers from unrepresented franchises and those more worthy of increased representation in Smash. Thus, Cranky > Bandana, from my perspective.

I will say in retrospect that 10% to Bandana was perhaps an overly cruel rating on my part. That said, with all these hilariously inflated ratings all the way up to a 90? Yeah, someone's gotta bring that back down to more sane levels. Amazing how Bandana has shot from a possibly underrated character to probably overrated thanks to one well-timed rerate...

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I will say in retrospect that 10% to Bandana was perhaps an overly cruel rating on my part. That said, with all these hilariously inflated ratings all the way up to a 90? Yeah, someone's gotta bring that back down to more sane levels. Amazing how Bandana has shot from a possibly underrated character to probably overrated thanks to one well-timed rerate...
At least you didn't give him a 3%...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Groose, I'm not being able to edit the thread title either. (-_-)

Cranky Kong: 9%
Want: 78%

Waddle Dee: 15%
Want: 60%

Favourite days: Hades, Rosalina's satisfaction, and Impa (don't ask me why)

BK prediction: 0.2%

Chrom x 5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Cranky: 10% If Sakuari doesn't find Dixie unique then he might add him over her. There's also the possibility of getting 2 DK reps this game.
Want: 40% While I'd love for Cranky to join the roster, this just isn't his time. K.Rool and Dixie are way more important than anything a bouncing cane could bring to the table in my mind.

Bandanna Dee: 30%
He has no competition from his own series as of now. While the trifecta may be complete, it seems almost as if they're trying to establish a quad with all these recent appearances. Still, he's not as noteworthy as half the characters in the top 10 and his generic nature may get him the Toad treatment. He's got a ways to go.
Want: 60% He's grown on me. Not in my top 10 but probably in my Top 15.

5x Quote

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Putting some more touches on my Ace Attorney post. Launch Date: soon.
No problem and thanks for trying.
Who won the nominations yesterday?

Cranky Kong: 1.2%
At his advanced age, Cranky would likely hurt his hip trying to pull off a double jump or dodging one of Samus' missiles. Needing a cane to walk makes you look pretty unimpressive next to younger, faster stars like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Want: 24%

Bandanna Dee: 6%
While this fellow's had more time in the limelight than the average Goomba or Octorok, at the end of the day, he's still one of the most common, almost boring grunts in the Kirby series. His abilities aren't too much to write home about either, and three characters are enough to represent the series.

Want: 45%
Not enough to actually put him on my rosters, but I think he'd quickly grow on me if he was included.

Banjo-Kazooie prediction: 0.35% (Thanks, Microsoft.)

Nominate:
Isabelle x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Cranky Kong
Chance 15%

He has a legitimate chance. Not quite as high as Dixie, or K. Rool, but still a decent shot. At this point; I doubt he'll get in over Dixie, but if we were to get four characters, I could see him being added alongside Dixie as a fourth rep, instead of K. Rool.

For the record; ever since Cranky's confirmation, I'd change K. Rool's score to 35%, Dixie's to 40%, along with Cranky's 15%. Given that the most likely DK scenarios in my opinion are:
DK, Diddy, Dixie
DK, Diddy, K. Rool
DK, Diddy, Dixie, K. Rool
DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky
DK, Diddy
DK, Diddy, Cranky
DK, Diddy, Cranky, K.Rool
In that order. With the first two being very likely, and the last two being very unlikely.

Want 20%
I wouldn't mind him being playable, it's just that playable Cranky, means less chance for K. Rool and Dixie.

Bandana Dee
Chance 20%

Blah, blah, blah
Want 50%
Stuff.
I'm kind of tired of hearing this character's name
Edit: I bumped up Waddle Dee's 30% want to 50% (indifferent).

Banjo prediction 0.17% Why don't we rate Master Chief and the car from Forza while were at it?

Favorite Days:
1. Rosalina satisfaction a.k.a. the day I ate my own words
2. Mike Jones a.k.a. my first day
3. Groose

Nominations
Bandana Dee x5
Jimmy T. x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I just checked, and it looks like Lonekonwolf, Glaciacott, and Cheezy Bites all win extra nominations today.

Groose

Smash Champion
START WITH THIS SONG

Court is now in session for the trial of one Bandana Waddle Dee.

The defense is ready, Your Honor.

The prosecution has been ready for awhile, Your Honor.

Very well then. Mr. Edgeworth, your opening statement, please?

With all respect, Your Honor, the prosecution would like to
approach its opening statement... from a different angle, today.

Hmm... and what is that?

The prosecution... well, quite frankly, Your Honor...
would like to tell a story. Yes, just a story.

Oh dear. Edgeworth has something up his sleeve.
I can't let this happen.

Mr. Edgeworth! This is a court of law, not a library!
The defense objects to the prosecution's proposal.

Overruled.
Mr. Wright, where is your inner child?
I'd quite like to hear a story. No one has told me a story
since my old Papa used to read them to me every
night before I went to bed!

Um, Nick? It might be a good idea to make
sure the judge doesn't fall asleep. He's looking
pretty tired to me right now.

Oh dear.

Anyway, if there are no more objections, I'd like to begin my tale.

By all means! Please begin. And just so we're clear...
any and all interruptions will be penalized!

Why did he look at me
when he said that?

Once upon a time, there was a group of friends. It had two heroic brothers
at its head. They were joined by a damsel-in-distress, her kidnapper,
and the damsel's servant, a fellow named... Toad.

This group did everything together. They went on adventures.

They partied, they raced.

Toad was often given, the, ah... short end of the shtick. He was always there,
but the others often made him play the... player four role. Or had him host.

Why, yes, I understand. I often was the... odd man out, as well.

Why am I not surprised?

Nick, that wasn't very nice!

Did you say something, Mr. Wright?

Uh... just coughing, Your Honor.

Very well then. Carry on, Mr. Edgeworth.

One day, the friends received two invitations to a new game.
The brothers, the leader of the party, naturally claimed them.

Two years later, they received two more invitations.
The brothers both returned, and brought the damsel and kidnapper.

Toad.. well, he was brought along, but not in a good way!

Years passed. Finally, the group received a fifth invitation. The group...
gave it to another. See, they didn't think their friend was the right kind of guy.

My... my eyes are tearing up.

Nick, you'd better stop this before the judge does something..
well, Judge-like.

Mr. Edgeworth. So far you've done nothing but talk about Toad.
Need I remind you that we're rating... WADDLE DEE!

WHY, Mr. Wright is right! Mr. Edgeworth... you've
been trying to trick me! I should hold you in
contempt for this!

Your Honor, this is completely relevant.
How? Waddle Dee and Toad are in very similar positions.

Just like Toad, Waddle Dee is that fourth guy...

the one who is always there, but in more minor roles...

he is represented in the same way as Toad...

Toad and Waddle Dee were in near-identicle positions...
with the only differences being positives for Toad.

Could you tell me what happened to Toad in this game?

B-b-but! You're forgetting that Waddle Dee is
a whole lot more unique than Toad! This is my argument!

Perhaps. you're right. The prosecution can concede...
that this point is highly debatable.

HOWEVER!
The Kirby series is much smaller than the Mario series
and does not necessarily warrant another character,
unless if they truly stand out!

And his popularity... isn't exactly large. Few outside of Smashboards
ask for the poor fellow!

But... Sakurai made the series!
He favors Waddle Dee!

Bandana Dee did not become important until post-Sakurai Kirby.
Under Sakurai, Waddle Dee was... a generic enemy. No spear in sight.

B-b-but! Waddle Dee is simple to make.
He's a good newcomer choice for that reason!

Mr. Wright. He'd only be added after both Dedede and Meta Knight make it in.
They both will, however... they have not yet been revealed yet.
This suggests that a newcomer for the franchise is not a guarantee.
This reasoning worked for Mario, so it is not unfounded.

I... I.... I...

NOT GUILTY! NOT GUILTY! NOT GUUUUUUIIIIIILLLLLLTTTTYYYY!

Mr. Edgeworth... is Mr. Wright OK?

He'll be fine. Maya is taking him to the hospital as we speak.

Very well then. I'd like to declare Bandana Waddle Dee...

UNLIKELY

EDGEWORTH VICTORY THEME

On account of the fair number of points in his favor, I'll give him a 25% in chance.
Even so, the counterarguments outweigh the arguments by a good bit.

I'll detail Cranky (17.5%/100%) and Bandana Dee's (35%) want tomorrow.​

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

START WITH THIS SONG

Hmm... and what is that?

I can't let this happen.

Overruled.

Oh dear.

Why did he look at me
when he said that?

Why am I not surprised?

gave it to another. See, they didn't think their friend was the right kind of guy.

well, Judge-like.

contempt for this!

HOWEVER!

ask for the poor fellow!

He favors Waddle Dee!

I... I.... I...

UNLIKELY

EDGEWORTH VICTORY THEME

On account of the fair number of points in his favor, I'll give him a 22.5% in chance.

I'll detail Cranky (17.5%/100%) and Bandana Dee's (25%) want tomorrow.​
Despite how amusing that was, I think you are underestimating Bandana Dee.

And you know Phoenix Wright ALWAYS WINS.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Wait let me rate!

Cranky Kong 40%
I confess after Rosalina's reveal I started believing he's a dark horse type of character and he has the credentials for it too.
Want 50% He's alright.

Waddle Dee 20%
And then comes Toad's fate, it all depends if Waddle Dee sticks as a move for Dedede or not.
Want 20% I like his spear but that's about it.

Favorite days: Anna's, Rosalina's, and Pauline's.

x5 Funky Kong

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Cranky Kong
Likelihood: 12.5%

Want: 50% (indifferent)

Bandanna Dee
Likelihood: 5%
Wow! somehow the reveal of Rosalina made the opinions here on Smashboards turn almost a complete 180 degrees (which may make sense in some cases) but, for this case, it's just false hope. I may have missed yesterday but, come on guys! Since when does Smashboards underrate a character? Well...Ok... we may have underrated Rosalina by just a tiny bit but, we're not going to make that mistake again...right?

P.S. to the Robin/Lucina fans, I don't think we overrated Chrom. I still think he's the most likely rep for Awakening. Although, I do hope i'm wrong as I would rather see Lucina.

Want: 7%

Predictions:
Banjo: 0.1%

Nominations:
Slippy x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Despite how amusing that was, I think you are underestimating Bandana Dee.

And you know Phoenix Wright ALWAYS WINS.
Do you think he always wins? Play his games.

I'm not sure on Bandana Dee. As I (or, rather, Phoenix) said, he has things in his favor. But there are detractors. I could see him happening... But I'm not expecting it.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

START WITH THIS SONG

Hmm... and what is that?

I can't let this happen.

Overruled.

Oh dear.

Why did he look at me
when he said that?

Why am I not surprised?

well, Judge-like.

contempt for this!

HOWEVER!

ask for the poor fellow!

He favors Waddle Dee!

I... I.... I...

UNLIKELY

EDGEWORTH VICTORY THEME

On account of the fair number of points in his favor, I'll give him a 22.5% in chance.

I'll detail Cranky (17.5%/100%) and Bandana Dee's (25%) want tomorrow.
well I have to admit, that was awesome:laugh:
of coarse though, anything that's ace attorney is pretty awesome, and your points are well put too

though when discussing who did a better ace attorney rating,
insta.gif

by matter of my own opinion

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Do you think he always wins? Play his games. DO NOT SPOIL THIS!

I'm not sure on Bandana Dee. As I (or, rather, Phoenix) said, he has things in his favor. But there are detractors. I could see him happening... But I'm not expecting it.
Beautiful logic is a weapon, Groose. A lot of people think I'm rather blind for giving him 90%, but I'm doing that for a very specific reason; It's because I'm mostly sure about his inclusion from the variety of angles I look at (It's not 100%, eh?). I'm taking this thing seriously, after all. I can understand detractors and the like being a big problem, but I'm not going to look them and be speechless. Those tiny little blurbs in my ratings today are simple, simple summaries of page long arguements and counter-arguements. I look at things from a variety of angles to get an idea, because I've played many of our current character's and past character's games. I'm going to make an exception to this with Lip, however, if she's rerated (I will abstain). My knowledge of Panel De Pon is limited, simply because it's the one odd series of Nintendo I have never played. I will respect your opinion entirely, Groose, and we can agree to disagree. :grin:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

START WITH THIS SONG

Hmm... and what is that?

I can't let this happen.

Overruled.

Oh dear.

Why did he look at me
when he said that?

Why am I not surprised?

well, Judge-like.

contempt for this!

HOWEVER!

ask for the poor fellow!

He favors Waddle Dee!

I... I.... I...

UNLIKELY

EDGEWORTH VICTORY THEME

I'll detail Cranky (17.5%/100%) and Bandana Dee's (25%) want tomorrow.​
I think Groose will have a mysterious accident tomorrow.

-Cranky Kong:
Chances:10%
Want:0%

-Bandana Dee:
Chances:91% Take that :smirk:
Want:100%

Nomination:Spear User X5

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Eevee music:
Pokemon Evolution Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALW7Irzgbnk
Celadon City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKgA-fuDoIs
Castelia City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpy-Qp1IWh8

Also Groose: I think its unfair that Starfy is deconfirmed while Toad is still under consideration. Starfy hasnt officially been deconfirmed, while Toad pretty much has. I dont really care for Starfy and I'm a member of the Toad Parade, but I think that's not fair to Starfy fans. Either both should be deconfirmed, or neither.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Eevee music:
Pokemon Evolution Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALW7Irzgbnk
Celadon City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKgA-fuDoIs
Castelia City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpy-Qp1IWh8

Also Groose: I think its unfair that Starfy is deconfirmed while Toad is still under consideration. Starfy hasnt officially been deconfirmed, while Toad pretty much has. I dont really care for Starfy and I'm a member of the Toad Parade, but I think that's not fair to Starfy fans. Either both should be deconfirmed, or neither.
Starfy appeared in a picture from Sakurai's desk, and without a newcomer banner.

That's pretty disconfirmed to me.
But I agree. At this point the same should be said for Toad.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Jaytalks' cranky Cranky Kong Predictions!
Chances: 20%
The original DK (via retroactive contiunity power!), he was announced very recently for DK:TF. But Dixie was already announced before, and she has more claim as a protagonist in the DKC series. Still he ranks above the rest of the Kong family. Should we get four reps for DK, I would not surprised if the fourth was Cranky Kong.

BTW, I recently got the originally DKCR for the Wii. Pretty great game. I missed at the time since I wasnt playing too many video games when it was released.

Oh, and I said this would be cranky. Eh, I got nothing.

Want: 99%
Cranky Kong has leapfrogged above every DK rep other that Dixie Kong. Most people hate bandwagon jumpers. I personally loving doing it. There's nothing like a new appearance for a character that can help reevaluate their chances and awesomeness. There are quite a few young whippersnappers in the game (metaknight comes to mind) that could use a good caning.

Waddle Dee:
Chances: 6%
Want: 0%

Favorite Days: By far, my favorite day was the Rosalina reaction day (Day 115). It goes to show you that people can admit when they are wrong and characters can always show off their awesomeness later.
My other two favorite days:}
2) The Pokemon Trainer(s) (Day 33): it was nice surprise to get a chance to consider the other trainer options as well.
3) Lucina Day Number 1 (Day 15): This is just a personal one for me. She exceeded my expectations, which are generally low for most characters not name Little, Ridley, or K. Rool.

Banjo Predictions: If people are being honest, he should in theory get the lowest ratings.
0.25%

Nominations:
Micaiah X5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
-Bandana Dee:
Chances:91% Take that :smirk:
Come on. Give yourself an arguement at least before you one up me, Chandelure! Or you could quote mine, you gotta back yourself up! :bluejump:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
+1 for that post Groose. I think you really pointed out a lot of info.

And having never played a Phoenix Wright game before, the music you picked was really catchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom