• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
My... my precious OP! Mods, Admins, someone! You must fix my OP or something terrible will happen!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Just trying to experiment with the new system. Disregard this post.
I'm regarding this as a horrifying reminder that Spoilers aren't back yet. :troll:

Wait... The OP... Shun's House.... DEAR MOTHER OF MEW WE NEED SPOILERS BACK ASAP, THAT OP IS LONG!

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm regarding this as a horrifying reminder that Spoilers aren't back yet. :troll:

Wait... The OP... Shun's House.... DEAR MOTHER OF MEW WE NEED SPOILERS BACK ASAP, THAT OP IS LONG!
I believe that the OP has the record for most links in a single post in Smashboards history. There are 120 in the Directory and another 50 in Sonic's music alone... probably close to 500 or so links in all. No wonder Beast Ganon didn't do very well.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Eevee Chance: 0%. Eevee is a popular Pokemon, but for what it can become, rather than what it is. Eevee by itself isn't appealing to pretty much everyone, and Eevee + Eeveelutions is too much effort spent on one character to get seriously considered.
Eevee Want: 0%.

Most Underrated: It was a toss up for me between Lucina and Robin. Both are vastly underrated, especially when compared to Chrom's chances, and both have merits, but I decided on Lucina. Lucina is easily as popular as Chrom, if not more so, is featured over Chrom in game's merchandise now the game is out, enough that calling her the games poster girl is more fact than fiction and so much that if Sakurai does like he did in Brawl and asks for IS's input, she's probably at the top of their list. Robin would have a unique playstyle, combing swords and magic, and is also a very popular character, but the characters vague appearance prevents me from saying Robin. Sakurai has show that he can make characters with no defined appearance work (Villager) and characters with two genders would have alternate costumes of the other gender (Wii Fit Trainer), but Robin has two genders, three builds and voices per gender, 5 faces and hairstyles per build and 20 hair colours and each of the builds would have different attributes in terms of weight, height and speed, which makes me feel that while the character is underrated, it is not as much so as Lucina.

Cranky Kong: 10%ish. People seem to prefer Dixie and King K. Rool here.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Eevee chance: .1%

Nope. Sorry, but we're not getting something that has eight different movesets.

Eevee want: 2%

Nah.

Most underrated: I've ultimately decided on Robin. Others in this thread have explained why.

Honorable mentions: Waddle "Bandanna" Dee, Daitoryo, Impa, and Black Shadow

Cranky Kong Prediction: 3%

I don't think people are going to be nice to him.

Nominations: x5 Daitoryo

Groose

Smash Champion
Eevee: 0%
Strike One:
Eevee is not bipedal and lacks the body parts to be a successful Smasher.
Strike Two: The "Evolution Gimmick" would require so much work as to be unpractical.
Strike Three: Eevee on its own is popular, but not nearly enough so as to be considered.
Eevee's out! But wait, there's more!
Strike Four: The Pokemon series is among the most crowded in terms of potential candidates.
Strike Five: The Pokemon series is not guarenteed a newcomer.

Eevee Want: 0%
An evolution gimmick would be a waste. Eevee without an evolution gimmick would be a bigger waste. NEXT!

Wh--whats this? My phone--it's ringing!

Oh. Uh-huh. Yeah, I see. Gotcha.
FEVER!
Jimmy T. x5
Cranky Kong: 16.64%
People seemed to view him and Rosalina as a pair. So... I think he'll do pretty well. Add in that he's flying up the charts and BluePikmin is behind it, and... yup. This is where he'll land.
Most Underrated
Well, no one in the Top 20 seems very underrated to me (and that includes Waddle Dee!); most are slightly overrated and some are spot-on. Impa is the first character I see who is a tad underrated... I've come up with counterarguments to her in the past and she's nowhere near as likely as Diddy would make it seem, but I'd put her around 22.5% now, a few points up from her 18% rating. Samurai Goroh also seems a tad underrated. Some may say it's a dead series that certainly won't see another character, but I'd put Goroh's odds at around 22.5% if I were asked right now. I'd probably give him the honor of most underrated if Black Shadow weren't popular and a viable addition, too; I'd bump him up a few percentage points, as well.

After that? I'm starting to agree more and more since Rosalina that
Lucina and Robin are underrated. I'm not willing to bestow upon them the title of most underrated, but they're definitely contenders. Bop them up 10% each and cut Chrom by 15-20% sounds good to me. Below even those two are a tangled mess of characters; I'd bump up Hades and Medusa because I don't share the "Palutena is the only possible Kid Icarus newcomer" mindset; she's the most likely, yes, but not the only. I'd also say Magnus is terribly underrated because we haven't even voted on him yet; I'd probably toss him a solid 15%, yet he's been neglected for the likes of Sandbag, Yarne and Owain. Still, giving a character we haven't rated yet the title seems most premature and I hesistate to do it.

Other honorable mentions? Honestly, Anthony Higgs got mugged. I'd toss him a 10% bone, but he was in the bottom five for a while after we first rated him.
Dark Samus also is a tad low, but not as much so as Anthony. Finally, the Duck Hunt Dog and Meowth are both a bit low. For the former, I've already touched upon how I think Takamaru is not the end-all Retro selection that he's made out to be; the Dog's well known status makes him a clear second or third place guy in the race for a Retro character, in my eyes--I'd say he deserves a 20%-25% instead of his meager 10%. As for Meowth: he's friggin Meowth. I highly doubt he'll be in it, but he has as good a chance as any Pokemon character not already on the roster; I think I'd give him a 15% rating, up a bit from the 11% he has.

Outside of those, I'm not really sure we've underrated anyone. If a low-rated character gets in, it's because they brought something we were unable to anticipate or it was genuinely a surprise. For example, how could we have anticipated Rosalina could have had a remote-control Luma gimmick? We couldn't. The developers probably chose he because she was a somewhat fitting and popular character who could pull off a gimmick they had thought up. Such could happen to any character on the bottom, but that doesn't really mean we, the oddsmakers, underrated them.

So, my pick for most underrated?
GHIRAHIM.

Do you have any idea how having single digits in chance makes him feel inside? Furious. Outraged! SICK WITH ANGER!
Ghirahim had the perfect timing to be added to the roster. His game launched in late 2011 and his popularity lasted through the first half of 2012; exactly when the roster was decided. We've seen that the game has Skyward Sword influences; Link's color palate has been brightened and we have a Skyloft stage. We don't have Skyward Sword Zelda, but keep in mind: that version of her quite a bit different than her normal look, so the TP design better relfects the character as a whole. It's not to difficult to believe that the developers had him fresh in their minds when they were deciding the roster.

As I've said numerous times before, Ghirahim feels like he was designed for this game. His attacks in game just scream "SMASH!" I'm not sure he has a unique gimmick (stances or transformations, maybe?), but he doesn't really need one because he has enough to make a full moveset quite easily... besides, not every character has to have a "gimmicky" moveset. The point is, it's quite obvious how Ghirahim could fight: swod, knife throws, diamond shields, teleportation, lasers, karate kicks, grabbing opponent's attacks.

Now, the biggest arguments against Ghirahim are these:a) he's one off and b) we may not get two Zelda characters. Well, the former is a problem; he's very unique and he stands out from other one-offs like Zant and Chancellor Cole, but lack of importance is a valid argument against him. Still, take into acount that he's a popular one-off who hit at exactly the right timeframe. The later isn't so much a problem; I'm somewhat expecting a Zelda newcomer now because of the sheer number of hem that have been revealed already. I wouldn't be surprised if a newcomer came. Note: I was saying the same thing about Mario before Rosalina.

Overall, I'd peg Ghirahim somewhere from 20-30% on the chance charts. He has a legitimate argument or two against him, but he is a popular name (not here, but elsewhere). Also, admit this: there is no character quite like... the... uniqueness... of Demon Lord Ghirahim. So, I find it quite odd that he didn't even break double digits.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
so it looks like it sets
robin with 10
waddle "bandana" dee with 8
and Lucina with 5
let me recount to see. . .
Edit: yep this is how things go, though I don't know where jaytalks vote goes too either robin or Lucina, though it doesn't really matter much

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eevee

Chance: 3%
Generation 1 seems to be the favorite of Sakurai. And Eevee probably has lasting popularity and importance but... I don't see them doing it at all unless they are aiming for a 150+ character roster. And yes, that was a joke.
Want: 20%
Why not? Pokémon characters make for interessting playstyles. Yet I want others much more than Eevee. Mewtwo is a big one, but even if there's another choice in the first generation... I'd rather think of Blastoise, Rhydon, Snorlax or Raichu first.

Cranky Kong:

Chance: 35%
There's a small shot of him making it in! He's got seniority, was extremely unlikely before but due to Tropical Freeze, he has a chance. The most universal outcry goes to King K.Rool however. And since a DKC newcomer is extremely likely in the first place (hell, 2 is just as likely!), Dixie's classic status and being in the original DKC triology really overshadows Cranky a lot. It's not impossible at all actually! If K.Rool somehow doesn't make it in, Cranky's chances rise considerably. It's not something I would like to see... But still. If Mario gets a 6th character, and Zelda gets Impa while retaining Sheik, DKC has room for 5 characters to... Though that might be strechting it till the next game.
Want: 100%
CRANKY KONG IS PLAYABLE IN TROPICAL FREEZE! Just how awesome it is to finally play as Cranky! It surely wakens interesst in him as a Smash character, and I'd take him with hands wide open. Even if he'd had to take the place of K.Rool, for Cranky... I'd swallow that oppertunity. There's just so much that's awesome about him. Especially being able to finally duke out with Mario! Maybe show DK himself a few lessons to how it's done? Bowser wanna act up? Link thinking he's the most legendary warrior ever? All will fall to Cranky's cane! Definitely a character I really want in badly.

Most underrated character: Impa.

Seriously, the day she was voted here I was extremely pissed by the sheer ignorance of just about EVERYONE! 'Oh she seems like Sheik, WON'T HAPPEN' was the general mentaility... It was bad back then, and now, with Hyrule Warriors and Phantom being part of Zelda, Impa's chances have risen considerably! I always predicted huge changes in Zelda's playstyle, and now we are getting them. It's simply not fair that people rate her so lowly. It all comes out of ignorance, and a sort of weird mentality that being a veteran is considered as holy. :rolleyes: Yes, Impa has a good shot at replacing Sheik. Does that make her anything less likely? NOT. AT. ALL. People should learn to accept the possiblity, cause it very well might become reality, and sooner than all would think. ;)

Groose

Smash Champion
Eevee (Pokemon)
1.23% chance
18.25% want

Eevee garnered negative reception in both chance and want, and is now ranked among the worst in both categories. OUCH! Why does everyone want the poor little guy to change, anyway?

Do you know all those Melee fanatics? The ones who whine about how no Smash game can ever be as good as Melee, and that Brawl was a waste, and that Smash 4 is doomed, and that Wii Fit Trainer is stupid, and so on? You know who they remind me of?

Yup, so today we're rating Cranky Kong. Who would have guessed that he had a shot just two months ago? Now, maybe he does. It's time for you to say just how much of one he has. Please rate Cranky Kong in chance and want.

WARNING! CHALLENGER REAPPROACHING! Only a select few characters have been rated three times. Ridley and Roy. Now, we have another threepeater taking the stage: Waddle Dee. Please rate Waddle Dee in chance and want. No, your head will not be chopped off and placed on a spear by Chandelure if you give him a low rating. I hope.

YEAR-END SPECIAL! Yesterday, we voted on underrated characters. Robin is the clear winner, with a whopping nine votes! Bandana Dee was a close second with seven, and Lucina was not far behind at six. The only other characters to receive multiple votes? Red and Ghirahim, both clocking in at a whopping two selections. Today in our year-end special, we're switching gears a bit and talking about the game itself. What day so far was your favorite? You may say three days that you found especially entertaining, fun, funny, or thoughtful. Either give the character we rated that day or the "Day Number" and you're set; remember, you can suggest up to three. If I only gave you one vote, I fear a certain day would gather up every single vote.

Tomorrow we're rating... Duh hu huh! Banjo and Kazooie! Please predict how Banjo will fare in tomorrow's game. Doing so can earn you extra noms, like those won by... server issues, check back later!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I give Eevee at least half of it's nominations and I end up missing it's day, man I suck. :(
Well even if it doesn't count I'll still give my thoughts.
Chance: 1% - Even though it's a very popular Pokemon, it would be difficult to make a moveset for it.
Want: 100% - Eevee is my favorite Pokemon, and I'd love to see it in Smash.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Cranky Kong chance: 20% I think he has a decent chance now, thanks to Rosalina, it's never too late for him to be playable in Smash.
Cranky Kong Want: 80% He could potentially be a more fun character than K. Rool if I had to be honest, he has alot more charm.
Waddle Dee Chance: 15% I think he has a decent chance, but I think Sakurai be modest and give him the Waddle Dee Throw treatment.
Waddle Dee Want: 65% Chandelure pretty much convinced me that he's the spear user.
Banjo and Kazooie prediction: .67% I can smell bias with this one.
Top 3 Days for were:
1. Dr. Kawashima
2. Tom Nook
3. Little Mac
Nominations:
Extensive Alt. Costumes x5

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
WARNING! CHALLENGER REAPPROACHING! Only a select few characters have been rated three times. Ridley and Roy. Now, we have another threepeater taking the stage: Waddle Dee. Please rate Waddle Dee in chance and want. No, your head will not be chopped off and placed on a spear by Chandelure if you give him a low rating. I hope.
either chandelure or big axle . . . or maybe me . . . ah who knows . . .
glare.png

just be careful what you post users . . .
YEAR-END SPECIAL! Yesterday, we voted on underrated characters. Robin is the clear winner, with a whopping nine votes! Bandana Dee was a close second with seven, and Lucina was not far behind at six.
robin with 10
waddle "bandana" dee with 8
and Lucina with 5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Cranky Kong Chance: 4%

I'm sorry, but I'm expecting both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong to be newcomers, and that doesn't leave much room for Cranky. Maybe as an assist trophy.

Cranky Kong Want: 10%

Those points are entirely for the possible taunts he could have.

Waddle Dee Chance: 34%

More likely than people think. I do think that Sakurai has overcome his modesty since Melee, and that's his only obstacle.

Waddle Dee Want: 70%

Chandelure has converted me. He's overcome Ridley as my fifth most wanted.

Banjo and Kazooie Prediction: .4%

Sorry, but there's no reasonable chance since Microsoft bought Rare.

Noms: Daitoryo x5

D

Deleted member

Cranky Kong, Bandana Dee, and 3 Favorite Days have been added to this post.
I recommend you check this post to see what you said on Bandana Dee's days.
Cranky Kong
Chance:
7%

He has a legitimate chance of getting in Smash and is on the same level as Rosalina. He is in a recent game and he has been included as a playable character. Unlike Rosalina, he isn't too obvious of a choice. I think that he does have a chance if Dixie Kong gets revealed before him. Then, I would put him on the same level as King K. Rool. However, if King K. Rool is playable, then it's Dixie Kong or bust. It just comes down to the next Donkey Kong newcomer and seeing how popular it has become as of recent, a newcomer is inevitable.
Want: 50%
Ya know, seeing him in Tropical Freeze has made me warm up to the idea of a playable Cranky Kong in Smash. However, I can't say I would be too happy with it. I definitely want King K. Rool before him.

It's time for yet another controversial rating by me for Bandana Dee…

Chance: 80%
I received both praise and some flack by some people for this post:
This one.
People changed their scores and others disagreed with me.
Regardless, I still have those same feelings. Call me biased for it, but I believe my bias is a rather positive thing for my absolute commitment and my confidence in Bandana Dee. There are three things that I must mention that explain why I gave him a 5% increase:
1. Have any of you played Kirby's Return to Dream Land? As you know, he uses a spear. If you have used the Spear ability, then you should see the potential Bandana Dee has. A moveset can easily be made for Bandana Dee and creating him wouldn't be that hard from what I can imagine. A not very complex model that you can create for him and the blueprints for his moveset exist. So, I think that he is one of the most easy newcomers to implement.
2. Like Rosalina, he is becoming a staple to the Kirby franchise like Rosalina is to the Mario franchise. We all doubted Rosalina, we all underestimated her, we all didn't see her. And yet, she got into Smash. Besides, look at this:

He is in Kirby Triple Deluxe; he is getting recognition by Nintendo and HAL and he is becoming a series staple. Hell, he was already a staple as apparently the Waddle Dee in Kirby 64 is in fact Bandana Dee.
3. Rosalina raises his chances. As I mentioned before, he is becoming a staple. But what does Rosalina show? Well, Sakurai is including unique characters and Bandana Dee is all sorts of unique. As I've mentioned before, the blueprints are there and he has amazing moveset potential. A moveset can easily be made for Bandana Dee. What also Rosalina shows is this: everyone thought that the Mario series was complete. However, showing how Rosalina is in the game, Sakurai disagrees. People say Kirby is complete. While people say and think this, there one can definitely argue with him being a staple that Kirby is incomplete since Bandana Dee is not on the roster. Rosalina is unique and Bandana Dee is unique. He fulfills the all criteria made by Sakurai.
Assist Trophy? I bet Knuckle Joe would return; making him an Assist Trophy would be a waste for such amazing potential.
Waddle Dee Throw? It could happen, but why should Sakurai (literally) throw away such a good opportunity to add in a character?
He may be a Waddle Dee with a bandana, but he is a contender for SSB4 and he deserves every right to be in this game. He shouldn't be underestimated. With such amazing potential, having a build that is so easy to make, having popularity in America and Japan, and becoming a staple, Bandana Dee has some of the best chances to appear in SSB4.
The Kirby series is becoming a juggernaut and prints money; it deserves a 4th rep and the best one is Bandana Dee.
EDIT: One more thing; Sakurai's modesty. That shouldn't prevent Bandana Dee. If Sakurai was so modest, then how come King Dedede was planned to be in Smash 64? If Sakurai was so modest, then how come the Kirby characters have some of the most important roles in the Subspace Emissary? Kirby was one of the first characters you play as and one of the permanent characters that you have in the end (you can skip even Mario, but not Kirby), Meta Knight and his Halberd has a significant role within the story, and King Dedede caused the Subspace Army to take the Halberd AND he saved Luigi, Ness, and Kirby so that they can help stop the Subspace Army and save the fighters. If Sakurai was modest, then Meta Knight and King Dedede wouldn't have been added in Brawl and wouldn't have a role in the SSE. So, no, modesty is a bogus argument and Sakurai knows how popular the Kirby series is.
Does my sig tell you something? Does this speech tell you something? I want Bandana Dee in Smash.
Call me ignorant for this score; I don't care. I will defend Bandana Dee until I see an official disconfirmation. If King Dedede throws out Bandana Dee, then I will be ticked off as all heck because that is just so LOWLY to do. He deserves more.
King Dedede is getting revealed next month as long as Kirby Triple Deluxe isn't delayed in Japan. For now, I don't think that Bandana Dee will be added on the roster; I believe he will be added on the roster. I can feel it.

My top 3 days? Well, in no order…
1. Sonic the Hedgehog: I love looking back and see all of the confidence people had in the blue hedgehog's return. I sometimes go back to that day and listen to Live & Learn. My biggest regret is not having a good explanation in my post… but I am always glad to see the others.
2. Cloud Strife: I hate Cloud Strife with a passion. I often go back to this day just to see him get destroyed by me and several other users.
3. Hades: How can you not like this day? I was actually contemplating on making a Pit account just for that day. XD Hades, you better come back for another day…
Honorable Mention. Owain: Did I ever mention that this thread was the reason why I came to Smashboards? I mean, it's so much fun just discussing the chances of a character getting in SSB4! Back then, I was lurking and this was one of my absolute favorite days. Just looking at the posts of people saying that he has absolutely no chance of making it in makes me wish I came to this website at that time! (and it's because of Owain's impossibility that makes me want him… purely because of the reactions) Hahaha! I always look back on it… I just often go back on that day for a good chuckle.

Banjo-Kazooie Prediction: .42%
Apparently, going lower than Chancellor Cole's score is not the way to go, even when you're a character that is technically ineligible. However, want ratings will definitely be high.

Nominations: Decloned Ganondorf 5x
Can some people help me finish this off, please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Cranky Kong's chances: 4% - I don't think his Tropical Freeze appearance is going to be enough to get in over Dixie and or K. Rool at this time...but I'll give him a little more than I would have prior to Rosalina's confirmation since I was completely wrong there.
Want: 0% - I don't dislike Cranky at all; in fact, he's one of my favorite Kongs. That doesn't mean I think he would be a good fighter.

Bandana Dee's chances: 5% - I still don't see Kirby getting four this time, sorry.
Want: 30%

Banjo and Kazooie prediction: 0.07% - I really think Cole may finally be freed of last place on the chance charts...their want score will be interesting to see, though. Mine will certainly be high.

Favorite days: Day 99 and Day 114, not sure what my third would be yet.

Ike x5 - Another vet that I think was a bit underrated.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Cranky Chance: 37% Sakurai seems to be looking for unique characters. Cranky Kong would be more unique than Dixie Kong and is very important to his series. He has some popularity and is playable in Tropical Freeze which apparently means a lot. His only problem is King K. Rool.

Cranky Want: 100% Look at my sig. I would love Cranky in.

Bandana Dee Chance: 82% I think this is pretty well explained by Brawler610. Bandana Dee would be unique, is popular, is very important to his series, etc.

Bandana Dee Want: 100% I'm all for it.

Banjo Kazooie Prediction: .4% Yeah, he pretty much has no chance.

Favourite Days: Hades, Tingle, and Waluigi.

Nominations: Pichu x5.

Also, I have an idea for a concept. All Melee characters return.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Cranky Kong

Chance - 6% - Now, I know what some of you young 'ns are saying: "But-but Rosalina helps his chances!" Feh. Everyone seems to need some fancy shmancy gimmick to make them worth it in people's eyes these days. Back in his day, all ya had to do was jump over obstacles, and that was it! Then someone had to bring in the idea of breaking obstacles instead of truly testing their skills of avoiding them, and look where we are now. Can't get respect unless you bash something's skull in. That's why he goes without those crazy stuff you guys go on and on about. The fact that he has more popular completion doesn't help either.

Want - 5% - You kids really need to learn the ways of the old. A stern lecture or two is the sole reason I would enjoy his playablity, but he doesn't need the befit of a player to school you wisecrackers!

Bandanna Dee

Chance - 40% - I'm still cautious about his chances. I still don't think he's a very certain charater, but his involvement in Tripple Deluxe at least makes me a bit more optimistic about his chances.

Want - 82% - Nothing has changed much that makes me want him more or less. What can I say? Despite being so new, he fits in so well it was like he was there all along. The little cute guy will always have a place in my heart for the Kirby series, with the only thing holding him back is the fact that I think there are other charaters out there who need the spot first.

Favorite Days? My picks for the top 3 are...

Day 114 - Hades - I was the only guy voting for him for 38 days straight, but man, it was worth it. I knew I was going to do a Hades impression on that day, but Hades himself appeared. Then Big Axle had to represent the Forces of Nature. Then things went out of control, in the best way possible. It almost makes me wish a Kid Icarus roleplaying thread existed. I almost joined in, but indecision on a character made me miss the boat.

Day 99 - Rosalina and Bandanna Dee rerate - Wait, the rerate was only how long ago? Huh. Still, I was kinda sad thinking I was one of the few people who wanted Bandanna Dee in. The fact that a large number of other users supported him came as a pleasant surprise to me.

Day 76 - Anna - After days of trying to prevent Anna from overtaking Ephraim due to a deal with Fastblade, using her mighty status as Random Number Goddess, Anna ended up going first anyway. Her relatively high scores made for a pleasant break from the single-digests of the time, and the fact that Ephraim was delayed for several days just shows why you don't mess with a goddess. The fact that I was relatively neutral on Ephraim's day was just delicious iron-heavy salt on the wound.

Banjo and Kazooie Prediction - 0.09% - Microsoft killed them, people. Sad to say, but those are the facts. Move over Cole, someone is coming in your seat. They're just benchwarmers, though, as someone else will be moving in soon...

Nominations
X5 Dark Matter

Also, wow, did I type a lot.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Cranky Kong - 15%
If you had told me a couple months ago that Cranky Kong could be in Smash, I'd say you're nuts. Now that he's a playable character in Tropical Freeze and Rosalina has appeared as a surprise Mario rep, suddenly Cranky in SSB4 feels like a very real possibility. Remember, Cranky's been in a ton of DK games, and in 2014 he'll finally be getting his time to shine as a playable character, and a rather unique one at that. With a new Smash appearing around the same time, who's to say Nintendo won't try to include him to raise his profile even more? Further, Rosalina proves that the most obvious character need not be the one who gets into Smash, and while Dixie would be somewhat redundant to Diddy and K. Rool to heavyweights like Bowser and Dedede, there can be little doubt Cranky would be truly one of a kind. Now, I'd still expect Dixie or K. Rool over Cranky, but his chances to appear are all too real at this point.
Want - 25% - I want Dixie, and beyond her, I have more nostalgia for K. Rool. Still, Cranky could be a really unique addition, so I'm all for seeing how that pans out.

Bandana Dee - 10%
Whoa there, 80+% ratings? Either people really want to raise his perceived underrated chances or I'm really missing something here. Mainly, I see a character who is, at best, moderately popular and isn't remotely as important to his franchise as the three reps already in Smash. On that base level, I just don't think Bandana has much of a chance, given three characters is already a very healthy representation for the franchise and Bandana isn't nearly as much of an all-star as the Smash veterans. But wait, he has a spear, and that's not in Smash, right? Assuming that's really enough to justify a Smash inclusion, there's the very real issue that Chrom and Lucina, both likely to appear as a third character for the rising Fire Emblem franchise, are also spear wielders. If either one gets in and actually uses a spear, Bandana's one claim to uniqueness suddenly disappears. I can see the world where he is included, sure, but I don't think it's very likely this Smash.
Want - 25% - Not very interested, sorry.

Banjo Chances - .15%
A character owned by Microsoft being rated for Smash? Oh dear.

Nominations
Sheik x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Cranky Kong
Chance: 0% - I don't care if he's playable in Tropical Freeze, Dixie's also playable in that game and she needs to get in first.
Want: 0% - I Don't like that creepy old monkey one bit.

Waddle Dee
Chance: 37% - If Kirby gets a fourth character, than he's a guarantee.
Want: 77% - He'd be perfect for Smash.

Banjo prediction: 0.9%

Nominations: Isa Jo x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Cranky Kong: 3%
Want: 25%

Waddle Dee: Waddle Dee has had many roles. He has made many cameos or appearances in mini-games. That all changed when he got promoted to playable status in Return to Dreamland. Not only that, but he is going to be in Triple Deluxe, having something to do with Streetpass. I think he would also be an extremely unique character, which seems to be Sakuri's main focus. I think I have to give him a 55% chance.

Favorite Days: #85 Chancellor Cole. I love seeing those reactions... That was amazing.
#99 Rosalia and Waddle Dee. That was a nice taste of victory when Waddle Dee rose that high. Along with my worst fail yet, so that was pretty nice :D
#106 Excitebiker. That's the best post I have ever made on R.T.C....

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
cranky - 5.25%
to be perfectly honest, I have no idea where to put cranky, i'm just giving him a random ranting and move on . . .
want - 50
indifferent
Waddle "bandana" dee:
*he has a lot going against, he is a generic enemy, their already a incorporated waddle dee in king dedede's moveset, sakurai's modest against his own work, and Kirby doesn't need a 4th character to their series*

untitled.png

*Pursuit*
that testimony is full of contradictions, waddle Dee is not an unlikely character and I will prove it!

I will address each contradiction within this testimony, I will start with the part that says "he is a generic enemy" first of all I would like to know a waddle dee that wears a bandana! second how would a lonely member of a species, immediately be unconsidered for smash, already when Yoshi and the Pokémon are already in, despite being part of an species! waddle dee, or in this case bandana dee is immediately diverse from his other species members, he also has his own description for being the king's right hand man and still is too. also his own physical appearance makes him different from the other waddle dees, mainly for wearing the bandana, a trademark he has carried with him since the beginning , along with his spear that not only gives him moveset potential, but also
Makes him completely different from the other species!
next we have the line that says "their already a incorporated waddle dee in king dedede's moveset" this does nothing to assert his chances! we have had almost the same characters before, with two donkey kongs being on the same map, and with now having two almost exact toon link being on a stage, one playable with the other a background, there are also similar characters too, with there being literally two links being playable! what would be so wrong about having a waddle dee being a move, with an important Kirby character being playable!?! and need I remind you about toad's situation,
he was almost in the exact same boat!
saying waddle dee's chances were dead because of this reason, means toads chances were dead since melee! and obviously they were not! (at least they were)

"sakurai is modest" this point will only ring true to some extent, it was the reason why king dedede and meta knight were not added in melee, but this was not the only time he wanted to add his own creations, sakurai has been wanting to add king dedede since 64! and also in brawl do you not find it ironic that meta knight is broken, one of his own characters? and not only that if you look through the subspace emissary, you'll see that king dedede antics, were a large part of the story, and being an important character, not the most but it does pull true, and lastly how did both king dedede and meta knight finally make it in brawl, if sakurai's modesty was in effect they had a high chance of not making it back in, but instead they made it in for being popular characters with distinct move sets, doesn't that sound familiar? "popular characters with distinct move sets"
these points, exactly explains waddle dee!
if king dedede and meta knight got passed sakurai's modesty for beign popular characters that have great move sets, then waddle dee can get passed sakurai's modesty for doing exactly that!

and last but not least we have the "and Kirby doesn't need a 4th character to their series" if you want to defend this one then I will only ask you a simple question, why is Rosalina in smash then? Mario series was also considered complete, but also the only important characters left that could of expand the importance of Mario was toad, and arguebaly Waluigi and bowser jr., so why was Rosalina confirmed, I will tell you why
slots do not mater in smash!
Rosalina was chosen because she offered something completely new to smash, not because of importance, but importance does matter because of Rosalina's role in the game, she was also moderately popular and was becoming an uprising star in the Mario games, does this all sound familiar?
all this can point up to waddle dee, but except he flies in flying colors!
waddle dee has an completely new move set possibility, along with rising importance and being an uprising star in the Kirby series, he has an surprising good amount of popularity, Rosalina clears the way for waddle "bandana" dee's last point, along with being that the Kirby series is becoming an uprising with being an money maker, being if it can't warrant a 4th spot on the roster, then what does! and since there is no competition for the 4th spot, waddle dee is the clear winner!

*Thought Route*
now lets summarize what we learn about waddle "bandana" dee, he has amazing, new, and unique move set potential, why would this matter you might have said, well why did he pick Rosalina again, because of unique move set potential of course, he can easily do this for waddle dee, seeing a spear is much more accepted, next we have importance first he was created in a minigame in super star, not much there, but then he became an important character in the sub game called "revenge of the king" where he was given personality, a significant role to the plot, and even being boss (a joke one, but still a boss) then we have a cameo where he appear mass attack, then we have where it all maters of the next three points, he was playable in "return to dreamland" he was the 4th playable character, and was the fan favorite among Kirby fans after that, then he appeared on the Kirby 20th anniversary, where there are only suppose to be important characters, and there were with king dedede, Kirby, meta knight, . . . and bandana dee! and his role is even continuing onto triple deluxe where he will even help out the player in some form or way (highly considered through streetpass) that sounds significant to me! then we have popularity, he might not have bucket loads like ridley and k. rool, but its significant enough where it will defiantly can be heard, and now finally we have diversity, he has a unique shape, sharing with Kirby if you would even call it that similar, and the spear is completely unique beyond measures in something in smash,
if you think about all these points, then I guess you will see the ending,
*Objection*
He has an amazing fighting chance!
he can't be written off by sakurai's modesty for being unique and popular, king dedede proves that, along with Rosalina to a certain extent, and she can also show that Kirby can have a 4th slot, he can also be in from his importance shown in game, along with an already ready and wait smash moveset in return to dreamland, he has great chance to not show up as an thrown waddle dee by king dedede because of his uniqueness, and the assist trophy will result upon someone who who can show it with great measures, with no completion for this likely 4th spot, this shows that waddle "bandana" dee has:
one heck of a shot that should not be underestimated!

. . . . that is all. . .
I leave this post with an 80% chance and a 100% want
banjo-kazooie - .68%

I think they will do better than cloud, but worse than everyone else
nominations:
Nominations: Decloned Ganondorf 5x
Can some people help me finish this off, please?
sure, I won't mind helping out
Decloned Ganondorf X5
Favorite days:
(coming soon)

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Cranky Kong

He's only JUST been made into a playable character. And it's not the most extensive move set. And Dixie is also playable in the same game, and she was in DKC2 (the best of the original three IMO) and the star of DKC3. K Rool was the main villain in multiple DKC games, DK64, etc. Both of them have more move set potential, especially K Rool. Cranky might be rising in prominence but he wasn't in a position where he was popular but the thought was that he didn't have the "experience" necessary. He has neither the demand, nor the legacy, nor the move set.

His chances are boosted from microscopic to tiny, that is all.

Cranky chances: 2%

Cranky want: 10%
I'd rather see either K Rool or Dixie.

Waddle Dee

I was annoyed seeing Rosalina being trashed by people, pointing out (very correctly, it turns out) that she was a relatively popular character with real potential, while people were promoting a glorified grunt from a series with less than a tenth of the sales.

People who were giving Rosalina 1%-10% in chance while giving Bandana Dee 60%-80% ratings are now claiming that Rosalina getting in is more evidence that they're right, as if this somehow boosts the credibility of their arguments which were claiming that Rosalina and Bandana Dee were very different. Different enough, in fact, to justify giving one 1% and the other 75%. How does Rosalina getting in provide much of any help given that she was thought to be so different back then?

What I said before: "the fact is that Bandana Dee is still a glorified grunt, he's still part of Dedede's move set, and Kirby's three most important characters by far are already included, while Bandana Dee is way, way lower in importance. Those factors all matter too.

I mean, Toad is part of Peach's move set, but I don't see people giving him ratings as high as Bandana Dee is getting. Despite the fact that he's in Dedede's move set, his series is less important than Mario and he's a less important character within his series than Toad is and has less history."

And to those saying being a spear user makes him unique and comparing him favorably to Rosalina on that count: Don't fool yourselves. In Smash Bros a spear is basically the same as a sword. A spear should provide great range. Bandana Dee will definitely not be getting a spear that long, so that actually unique aspect of the spear can be discarded. It will involve more stabbing, well Marth and Link already use sword thrusts, that's not unique. It will have a sweet spot at the tip - oh, you mean like Marth's sword? It will do damage at the tip but not with the shaft - sorry, Bandana Dee's spear and arms are too short for that. What's left that's unique about using a spear? Only a character that's large enough to use a full-size spear will get any uniqueness points out of it.

As for the comparison to Rosalina... HA. A spear wouldn't be anywhere near comparable to Luma as far as uniqueness. You honestly think that using a weapon that involves more stabbing than slashing is comparable to Luma, Ice Climbers or Pikmin? That's ridiculous. Bandana Dee doesn't get uniqueness points. He doesn't lose points either, but, really, he ain't that interesting.

Bandana Dee chances: 4%

Bandana Dee want: 0%
Zelda, Pokemon and DK should all get newcomers (two for DK) before they consider adding any to Kirby. Not anxious to see part of Dedede's move set get promoted if not even Toad can make that leap, while being far, FAR more deserving.

Banjo-Kazooie prediction: 0.05%

Nominations:
Sheik x5
It was bad back then, and now, with Hyrule Warriors and Phantom being part of Zelda, Impa's chances have risen considerably! I always predicted huge changes in Zelda's playstyle, and now we are getting them.
"I always predicted huge changes in Zelda's playstyle, and now we are assuming we're getting them on the basis of one unexplained picture of Zelda making a pose that she uses elsewhere without causing any effect."

Fixed that for you. We were wrong when we assumed Link being on the Spirit Tracks stage meant that Toon Link was being cut. Sakurai revealed Villagers gyroid move long before he explained what it was, and people made a number of incorrect assumptions about it. Just because that Phantom appeared on Zelda's page doesn't mean it's one of her moves. Sakurai likes to be mysterious sometimes, but I'd wait until January and we see more of Zelda before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Cranky
Chance - 3 5%
As expected, people are going nuts over Cranky because of Rosalina.
Let's be clear about Rosalina ... her getting into Mario 3D World is not what led to her being in Smash. Instead, her being in that game and Smash were both a result of several events, such as EAD Tokyo really liking her character, positive fan reception, increasing importance, and great love in general for the Galaxy Mario games. Maybe to this community it seemed more unexpected and she only emerged after she was announced for 3D world, but her rise to prominence wasn't random and sudden.

Cranky's is.
Cranky's appearance in Tropical Freeze is not the result of years of rising to prominence, or years of moving up in the Nintendo world and gaining appearanced in Kart and spin-offs. Cranky's appearance in Tropical Freeze is probably, at most the case of people at retro thinking about a fourth character that could bring novelty and uniqueness to Tropical Freeze, and the decision that Cranky could do so by copying Scrooge McDuck. And hey! wouldn't it be funny if the Kong that kept on dissing on DK and Diddy actually was playable? That'd be awesome.
None of this means Cranky has earned merit to be in Smash, nor does it mean it's suddenly the obvious-fest of possibility everyone seems to think he is now. Rosalina being in Smash in no way shows us Cranky can happen; if anything, it shows us that Dixie is a very strong possiblity given that even if she resembles Diddy in form (like Rosalina was bound to be a Peach clone) she could still have a completely unique moveset. And in the context of Donkey Kong, Dixie still makes much more sense along with K. Rool.

That said, last time we re-rated Waddle Dee and we rated Rosalina, I ripped on Rosalina for the fact Toad should be in before her and here we are. So I'm giving Cranky 5% instead of 3%. But no way I'm going to start ditching my judgement and awarding any character that appears as playable in a platformer over 15% because of Rosalina.

Want - 40% 0%
Near indifference No, f*ck it, you know what? I wouldn't like Cranky in this game one bit. At least Rosalina and Luma I can like because their popularity has been on the rise and it's clearly a trend, but for them to add Cranky over Dixie and K. Rool is too much of a slap in the face and it gives the impression that years and years of Nintendo history don't matter **** because let's just add the random extra character from Tropical Freeze that took Twitter by storm. Because he can use a cane like Scrooge McDuck, and that makes him unique. Ugh.
And yes, I know he's been in the DK franchise for a LONG time, before Dixie even existed. But f*ck it, he's the character that gives you hints and comic relief. Being playable once doesn't change that for me, especially when there's so many other Nintendo characters that merit that spot. Seriously, just let him be an AT, and have him sit with Resetti talking smack.
I'd only be ok with him if he's the fifth character from DK, and even though sales-wise the series does deserve a boost, three characters is too much. So really, frankly, in no scenario am I ok with Cranky getting into Smash. And part of me hates that so many people would be ok with it. Come on guys, I get joke characters, but Cranky?

Waddle Dee
Chance - 7%
The same exact rating I gave him before.
I don't get why people think he's underrated.
I don't get why people think we need to rate it a third time.
I don't get why people are giving him 80% like he's a veteran or something. Toon Link got rated less than that, ffs.
Seriously, the percentage it had before was pretty spot-on, imo. Waddle Dee is in no way a shoo-in, and it being likely doesn't mean he's more likely than getting heads on a coin flip. And frankly, I think there's some sort of weird groupthink delusion going on here where a couple people said he's underrated, everyone joined the wagon and suddenly we're re-rating Waddle Dee like he's the next Little Mac. And I'm not sure if it's this wagon I'm most terrified of or the one that jumped on Cranky the minute Rosalina appeared on that trailer.

Want - 30%
Lower than last time I believe, because now that I've seen Rosalina and Luma I don't see a "spear user" as being the end-all unique character we need. I still like Waddle Dee, but I'm expecting better than Brawl + all those characters that have been in platformers.

Favorite days
#3 - Porky's day, because it's the first character I dug from the grave and it did stupendously well.
#2 - Waluigi's day, because while I hate the idea, the humor is great.
#1 - Hades. Kid Icarus Uprising is my favorite game of all time, so seeing Hades and Pyrrohn and the dog and Pandora all talking smack at each other was fantastic.

Prediction
Banjo-Kazooie 1.12%
I like to think everyone in here is logical enough to realize why this is really stupid. At least Cole is Nintendo people, think of that.

Nominations
x5 Magnus ... after Groose pointed it out, I can't just let Magnus sit there without getting nominated. His main theme alone merits some sort of mention in Smash.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Waddle Dee

I was annoyed seeing Rosalina being trashed by people, pointing out (very correctly, it turns out) that she was a relatively popular character with real potential, while people were promoting a glorified grunt from a series with less than a tenth of the sales.

People who were giving Rosalina 1%-10% in chance while giving Bandana Dee 60%-80% ratings are now claiming that Rosalina getting in is more evidence that they're right, as if this somehow boosts the credibility of their arguments which were claiming that Rosalina and Bandana Dee were very different. Different enough, in fact, to justify giving one 1% and the other 75%. How does Rosalina getting in provide much of any help given that she was thought to be so different back then?

What I said before: "the fact is that Bandana Dee is still a glorified grunt, he's still part of Dedede's move set, and Kirby's three most important characters by far are already included, while Bandana Dee is way, way lower in importance. Those factors all matter too.

I mean, Toad is part of Peach's move set, but I don't see people giving him ratings as high as Bandana Dee is getting. Despite the fact that he's in Dedede's move set, his series is less important than Mario and he's a less important character within his series than Toad is and has less history."

And to those saying being a spear user makes him unique and comparing him favorably to Rosalina on that count: Don't fool yourselves. In Smash Bros a spear is basically the same as a sword. A spear should provide great range. Bandana Dee will definitely not be getting a spear that long, so that actually unique aspect of the spear can be discarded. It will involve more stabbing, well Marth and Link already use sword thrusts, that's not unique. It will have a sweet spot at the tip - oh, you mean like Marth's sword? It will do damage at the tip but not with the shaft - sorry, Bandana Dee's spear and arms are too short for that. What's left that's unique about using a spear? Only a character that's large enough to use a full-size spear will get any uniqueness points out of it.

As for the comparison to Rosalina... HA. A spear wouldn't be anywhere near comparable to Luma as far as uniqueness. You honestly think that using a weapon that involves more stabbing than slashing is comparable to Luma, Ice Climbers or Pikmin? That's ridiculous. Bandana Dee doesn't get uniqueness points. He doesn't lose points either, but, really, he ain't that interesting.

Bandana Dee chances: 4%

Bandana Dee want: 0%
Zelda, Pokemon and DK should all get newcomers (two for DK) before they consider adding any to Kirby. Not anxious to see part of Dedede's move set get promoted if not even Toad can make that leap, while being far, FAR more deserving.

Banjo-Kazooie prediction: 0.05%

Nominations:
Sheik x5
"I always predicted huge changes in Zelda's playstyle, and now we are assuming we're getting them on the basis of one unexplained picture of Zelda making a pose that she uses elsewhere without causing any effect."

Fixed that for you. We were wrong when we assumed Link being on the Spirit Tracks stage meant that Toon Link was being cut. Sakurai revealed Villagers gyroid move long before he explained what it was, and people made a number of incorrect assumptions about it. Just because that Phantom appeared on Zelda's page doesn't mean it's one of her moves. Sakurai likes to be mysterious sometimes, but I'd wait until January and we see more of Zelda before jumping to conclusions.
WHAT??? He is not a regular Waddle Dee. Is King Dedede throwing a Waddle Dee wearing a bandana? I think not, and before you say that Bandana Dee is a normal Waddle Dee look in the trivia here: http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Bandana_Waddle_Dee#Trivia

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm abstaining from Cranky Kong as I don't know enough about his abilities in Tropical Freeze to give him a fair rating.

Bandana Waddle Dee: 55% Chance / 75% Want
His biggest obstacle, by far, is Sakurai's own modesty. Bandana Dee will need to become a bigger part of the Kirby series for me to feel safer about him.

Favorite Days:
Day 144 aka Hadays. That was absolutely hilarious and I want more.

...that's really the only one I remember.

x5 nomz Chrom

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Cranky Kong (aka the only video game character you should care about!)
Chance/Want: 100%
Listen up, young 'uns, because I'm going to teach you all why I should be in this newfangled Smash game, or whatever it's called! I've been around longer than any of these so-called "video game heroes" been. I mean, heck, I don't even know what a "Pikachu" is, for crying out loud! Remember Donkey Kong? No, not that stupid son of mine, I'm talking about the arcade game. You probably forgot about those while you were playing your fancy-shmancy X-Box do-hickey. Anyways, I was in that game! Yes, that brimming face of ape youth was me. Hard to believe, I know. That alone should raise my chances ten-fold! Hey, that's not all either! I was a scientist in Donkey Kong 64, which they could incorporate in my moveset! Don't you want to Simian Slam some whippersnapper's head in? Also, I was a martial artist in the Game Boy 2 remake of Donkey Kong Country 3, so don't go saying that I can't use some fisticuffs every once in a while! This old ape still has his fire! Also, let's not forget my recent achievement of being playable in the "new" Tropical Freeze game! I hear their purposely making me the best character in the game just so they can get me Super Mario Smash! I have amazing moveset potential, longevity with Nintendo, and hey, even if they don't add me, I'll just go and make my own game! "Cranky Smash Kong" is what i'm going to call, and it'll be ten times better than Super Bash Mothers! AND FURTHERMORE...

*smashes through window* CRANKY, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!
"Gyaaah! I'll finish my rant another time! But for now, I've got to motor! See ya!"

...Hmph, now where was I...

Ah yes, Cranky in Sm4sh!

Chance: 7%
Yes, King K. Rool and Dixie Kong all have higher priority than he does. No, Rosalina's confirmation doesn't affect Cranky in any way. I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record right now, but pretty much everything that can be said about Cranky has already been said.
Want: 15% King K. Rool plz

Waddle "Bandanna" Dee
Chance: 30%
Let me say something right now, I totally support him for Smash. In fact, he's one of my top 10 most wanted newcomers. However, I don't expect him as much as others do. Most of that has to do with Sakurai's modesty, but another part of me thinks that King DDD's side special detract's his chance as well. Yes, I know, Bandanna Dee is his own character, but he's still technically a Waddle Dee. Also, Kirby's Return To Dreamland came out in, like, 2011, right? Seems a little too recent to me. I know, that sounds stupid, but I think it's possible for some things to be too recent for Smash, such as Bandanna Dee's Spear!...I think I've gone insane...
Want: 80%
Waddle Dee was my favorite Kirby character long before he started to use spears.
So yeah, him in Smash would be pretty sweet.

Favorite days:
I've only started posting here somewhat recently, so I can't say much for every day. However I was particularly fond of Phoenix Wright and Omastar. Phoenix Wright because of those ridiculously awesome posts by Groose and legendofrob1, and Omastar due to the rant that I wrote, which was really fun for me to do tbh...
...Oh, alright, the day with Hades was also really great. I mean, the dog even got involved!
...even the freaking dog...

Banjo-Kazooie (yay my character!!!) prediction: 0.73%
Come on, let's be reasonable here. He won't do worse than Cole, guys.

Nominations: Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon by themselves X5

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Cranky Kong:
Chance: 5%
I don't see him getting in over Dixie or K. Rool. Sure, he has senority and has a few more moveset possibilities from his Tropical Freeze abilities, but I don't see it happening this time.

Want: 0%
I would much prefer Dixie and K. Rool over him. Even though Cranky might have some potential with his cane, I am much more interested in those two than him.

Most underrated:
Since Rosalina has been confirmed, I have to throw that title to Krystal. She has been given a hard time by her detractors (if you want proof, look in the Krystal thread), and I think it's a little unfair. Because Dinosaur Planet was completely changed into being a Star Fox game, many SF fans blame the downfall of the series on Krystal. Her fans are also dismissed as being blind furries who only want her because she has BEWBS. I believe that she could bring a lot to the table in terms of moveset potential, and I feel that she would round out the roster in terms of Star Fox characters.

Favorite day:
Definitely Hades. That **** was hilarious. xD

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Eevee:

Chance: 1%
I don't see it happening. Eevee just doesn't seem like a character that belongs in Smash.

While I slightly want Sylveon just to represent the Fairy type, I don't care about Eevee itself.

Most underrated:
Since Rosalina has been confirmed, I have to throw that title to Krystal. She has been given a hard time by her detractors (if you want proof, look in the Krystal thread), and I think it's a little unfair. Because Dinosaur Planet was completely changed into being a Star Fox game, many SF fans blame the downfall of the series on Krystal. Her fans are also dismissed as being blind furries who only want her because she has BEWBS. I believe that she could bring a lot to the table in terms of moveset potential, and I feel that she would round out the roster in terms of Star Fox characters.
That was yesterday. You're a bit late :\

Someone should change the title of the thread.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Cranky Kong:

Chance: 3%
While he may be in the same boat as Rosaluma in terms of surprise last character he has far less going for him in terms of playability... sure his cane would be new to smash, a ground pound that bounces the player up again... but what else could he really bring? I think I said the same thing about Rosalina, and about Dixie, but ultimately single attribute characters need you to dig deeper to make **** up for them... Cranky could have squawks? I guess he could grab a balloon for his up special, and his dentures are a projectile... he has the bar minimum to be a character, but he doesn't have the same popularity or draw Rosalina has... K.Rool and even Dixie does.

Want: 50%
If they pulled a Rosalina and made an awesome character out of him I'd probably get hyped... I love Cranky, and would be excited for his appearance, but if he's just a generic fighter I think it'd be a waste of a slot that could go to someone with more to work from.

Waddle Dee:

Chance: 12%
Now here's a character effected by Rosalina. He's a character of growing importance to his series, and decent fan-basis (but no Rosalina level) who can bring something new to smash.. the Spear. The problem is that the Spear user is a far less interesting gimmick than the Puppet Master, and the normal bonus is already taken by Marth's sword... Even the extra long is covered by DeDeDe, and given Waddle Dee's small size I doubt he'll out-space his boss, meaning he's made kind of unnecessary. He could bring something new to smash with his weapon, and he is the most obvious choice for a spear user, but he doesn't really have enough else going for him... It's really down to if Sakurai really wants a spear user or not? I don't see it being that likely.

Want: 25%
Neutral, spears are cool, but smash has things that cover it's strengths anyway, just in slightly different ways.

Favourite Day:
Hades (obviously)
Slime (my rants and arguments, it didn't effect all that much, but I enjoyed defending my top pick)
E3 Newcomers Satisfaction (well handled and interesting to see)

Honorable Mentions: Rosalina Satisfaction, Simon Belmont (the music), Impa (Diddy Kong, you so silly)

There have been very few bad days (barr the DDoS'd ones), but these ones stand out as particularly fun.

Banjo-Kazooie: 0.4%
It's highly unlikely that I will win the lottery with a large enough jackpot to buy out Rare and get the Banjo series back to it's rightful place... and even then it's probably too late honestly. Anyone who rates this highly will be ridiculed.

Slime*5
(Goo I get another day in the Slime Light yet Grooze?)

I think I also get extra noms, so lets add two new concepts: (if I don't, please ignore this)

Concept: Pokémon Assist Trophy
Concept: Wii Fit Meter as an Item
Concept: Fatal Frame Representation *3 (because I don't like it being 2 votes)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Can Topic titles no longer be changed or something?
Cranky:
Chance: 10%

Okay so; Cranky is the 4th playable character in Tropical Freeze, the latest of the DK series. Judging by Rosalina at face value will probably make you believe he has just as high a chance as her; both are the last character in a recent platformer, their first playable appearance. But that's slightly wrong. Because if you think about it; the Smash games tend to borrow from the previous generation; Rosalina getting in over Toad, Bowser Jr and Waluigi was probably less to do with 3D World and more to do with Mario Galaxy.
DK hasn't got such a strong history on the Wii, and thus whilst Cranky certainly has appeared in the previous gen it's hard to say with a straight face that he's more likely than Dixie or K. Rool.

No. Sorry Cranky, I don't even dislike you but out of sheer principle Dixie should be the next Kong to appear. In terms of want, Cranky's not even my favourite unlikely Kong; that dubious honour goes to Lanky. After those two, Cranky's probably my third most wanted Kong, but since I've never been that vocal on the DK series that's really not saying much.

Bandanna Dee:
Before we start I actually find it pretty bizarre Bandanna Dee came second in most underrated. 25.21% chance doesn't seem THAT underrated as a collective. That being said...
Chance: 50%
So Bandanna Dee, eh? Rosalina's inclusion seems to have given the Waddle Dee crew a boost in confidence. That's kind of stupid if you're using 3D World logic as the reason. A far better reason would be that each Smash is based off the previous generation, and Bandanna Dee's starring role in Return to Dreamland will count for more than anything he does in the future for this Smash. This alongside there being very few rivals for a 4th Kirby slot, makes Bandanna Dee the front runner. He's also popular in Japan too, which is a huge boost.
It's not all sunshine and roses for Dee though, he has some points against him too;
  1. Sakurai's modesty. I don't really think this is as big a factor as it was before, judging from Brawl where anything in the SSE that actually affected something either Kirby, Metaknight or Dedede were the ones to affect it. Couple this with Kid Icarus seemingly likely to get something this Smash due to Sakurai's revival of it, and this seems like a small factor.
  2. Dedede's Waddle Dee Throw/Final Smash. Whilst not a guarantee there's a small chance that due to his species appearing heavily in King Dedede's moveset, he may merely cameo as one of those many Dee.
  3. A spear isn't actually as unique as what we've gotten so far. It'd be hypocritical of me to slate Chrom fans for thinking he'd be unique because of a Lance and then praising Bandanna Dee for what is essentially the same argument. Compare to our other newcomers and with the exception of Miss Fit the rest have pretty unique abilities which far outstrip using a different kind of sharp weapon.
  4. Many believe the Kirby Series is complete. With the main characters of Kirby, Dedede and Metaknight, there's a chance Sakurai will consider his series complete too.
Want: 65%
I like Bandanna Dee mostly because he's similar to my Mushroom Man; He's an obedient hardworking guard for an under appreciative monarch that tries but ultimately fails to protect said monarch from their arch nemesis, ultimately cannot keep up with the main protagonist but despite this tags along with said protagonist, their monarch and an incredibly popular secondary character in order to save a world from a meglomaniac. Also both of them get to ride cutesy reptiles in order to aid their quest.

My want would be higher, but honestly I can't help but find having Bandanna Dee fight against Dedede without having Toad fight against Peach for their years of subjugation a personal turn off. Yes it's shallow reasoning, but come on:

These two would look like the two most adorable badass butlers fighting side by side. Admit it; you want to see them team up.

Favourite Days:

Toad(Day 26)
: Surprising no one! But wait! There's a reason outside my obsessive fanboyism!
It was my first day back to Smashboards after an insanely long period away(10+ years). An incredible strange twist of fate made me suddenly remember this board existed on that day and this VERY topic was my first post in a decade. Come on, this is enough reason for it to be my favourite day. Pity my post was pretty uninspired due to rustiness.

Yarne(Day 92): No, wait hear me out! Yarne was such a random ass pick, but being one of my favourite characters in Awakening I got a moment to gush about how I felt said character represented the series far better than any other FE rep did. He's terrified of dying, which is probably a far bigger part a series with perma-death in it than lances, axes or even magic. Anyone whose spent any time on FE at all will know just how Yarne feels as it means resetting repeatedly. If he was more important to Awakening I'd probably want him even more. Plus seeing everyone lose their minds was pretty funny "WHY ARE WE EVEN RATING THIS?"

Chancellor Cole(Day 85): By far the most cathartic day when everyone got along and basically said "Yeah, this guy sucks." and then put him down in a variety of funny ways.

I skipped Hades day annoyingly. The one day I'm away and we have the clear winner of the best day!

Banjo Kazooie: 1.2%
No hopers. HUGELY popular, but f*cking Microsoft man.

Nominations:
Krystal X 5.
I don't remember if I had a chance to rate her yet.

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, the OP has it's Spoiler Tags back... But wheneverI try to edit it, I get a Cloudfare error. :/ We are eating Cranky today, not Eevee. I'll try to get this updated ASAP.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Crankey Kong
35% Chance
Man, Crankey has the stars aligned for him. Scrooge shows cane pogo is not so NES, appearance in DKCR TF, Rosalina being the 3rd Mario. What can go wrong? K Rool can. K Rool is a universally wanted newcomer with large potential to appear, relevance be dammed. However, two DK reps is not Smash heracy, and Crankey even seems like the kind of character that would be the 4th slot. True, Dixie does give him competition, but he overall does have a solid chance.
65% Want
I'll take him with or without some saucy alligator on the side.

Waddle Dee
30% Chance
I do believe Kirby is at a good place in smash, but Dee could fit in well. He has been promoted a lot in Kirby recently, so I can easily see him in, and he definately could be unique with a spear and whatnot.
50% want
Not ecstatic over him, but I would like him in to an extent. Hell, I debate in my roster should I put him in or Palutena.

BJ+K 2%
Impossible, want saves them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

So you mean the Gyroid move isn't part of Villager's moveset now? :rolleyes: Phantom looks too complex to be a regular Smash move. And no AT yet has been revealed without any sort of announcement. People just love to think so because traditions are appearantly considered holy. But it's cool you pointed our the Gyroid however, since after all it did become part of Villager's moveset. :dazwa:

Bandana Dee:

Chances: 50%
Hit or miss. If we are getting a Kirby character, it's gonna be him. No questions asked.
Want: 80%
New Kirby character is cool. New light weight character to. But the spear, damn that's gonna be amazing.

Nominations:
Impa x 5

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Cranky: 50%(the other 50% go to Dixie to illustrate they should have the same chance to get in)
Why should Sakurai put Cranky in? Well, let's see. After this year's VGX Cranky was the one people were tweeting the most on Twitter. Imagine how the reactions would be if Cranky were revealed for SSB4. Also Cranky as the DK-oldest of the series being the Donkey Kong from the Arcade game is absolutely relevant for the DK series: He's the origin of the whole DK series.
Of course there are points that may speak against him or could be as well pro as cons.(i.e.: his late reveal as a playable character for DKC:TF)
And the female argument is no serious argumentation. There was never some sort of female quote that had to be achieved. Why should it be different this time?

Anyone who is not putting Cranky on the same level as Dixie is just not considering what seems realistic. I don't say Dixie will be less probable than Cranky, but I won't say Cranky being less probable than Dixie neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom