• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Captain Rainbow chance: 30%. I have a good feeling for a variety of reasons. He would be extremely surprising, and after Wii Fit Trainer, I'm starting to realize that Sakurai doesn't only want to please the fanbase, but also surprise them. Also, he could bring a lot of retro characters with him (imagine a stage which features a lot of retro characters, it's taking a lot of birds with one stone). Also, he's fabulous.

Captain Rainbow want: 90%. I'm totally pro-Rainbow. Why not. A lot better than some boring suggestions we hear everyday.

Ray prediction: 12.3%. It's pretty low but he feels unique so Sakurai could come up with him, and I think a lot agree.

Nominations: x5 Professor Layton

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Captain Rainbow:

Chance: .5%
Nope...

Want: .1%
Noooooooope!

Prediction for Ray: 4.45%
Very tough to come up with one.

Nominations
Pac Man x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Look's like Omastar's coming soon =D
Captain Rainbow: Ummm... 4%?
Want: 40% TASTE THE RAINBOW MUTHA****A
Ray: 12%

Noms:
Omastar x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Captain Rainbow
Chance: 3% - His game was a region exclusive commercial failure that in no way warrants a playable character rep in Smash.
Want: 13% - He's not bad on his own, but there are many characters I want in before him.

Ray prediction: 9..4

Nominations: Aeron x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Captain Rainbow

Chance: 5% - It could probably happen.

Want: 40% - Sure why not? I mean we have Captain Falcon, Captain Olimar, Captain Ganondorf... RAINBOW PAUNCH!!!!!!!!

Ray Prediction: 16% - Custom Robo seems like it could have a playable character at some point.

Nominations:
Dr. Kawashima x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Captain Rainbow

An obscure Japanese only character from a low selling game about obscure Nintendo characters. Interesting idea, I can see that Sakurai would appreciate what the game was trying to do. But would Sakurai promote this game for trying to do something he likes (and does much more successfully himself) or would he rather just promote the obscure/retro characters he likes directly?

I'm guessing more the latter.

Captain Rainbow chances: 0.8%

Captain Rainbow want: 49%
Mostly indifferent. The game sounds kinda funny, but obviously I have no chance to play it.

Ray prediction: 8%
I dunno. People are going to underestimate how much Custom Robo's low sales matter.

Nominations:
Dr Mario x5

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Captain Rainbow:

Likelihood: 5%. He's an obscure character who fits in with retros. But, with poor sales and no American release, I doubt we'll see Captain Rainbow, the same reasons my precious Donbe and Hikari were killed with.

Want: 60%. Insert Game Grumps Danny Skittles joke here. I love revivals of forgotten characters (which is why Epic Mickey and Kid Icarus Uprising kicked me so hard in the feels), and he's a yo-yo using superhero. That'd be awesome.

Ray: 14%.
I have no idea on how to rate him.

Nominations:
Quote (Cave Story) x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Captain Rainbow

Chance: 5% - Possible but not likely.

Want: 80% - Ever since I heard about smash and looked up a list of Nintendo games, I've wanted to RAINBOW PAUNCH!!!!!!!!

Ray Prediction: 20% - Custom Robo could warrant a playable character.

Nominations:
Dr. Kawashima x5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Captain Rainbow

Chances - 1%
Obvious.

Want - 70%
I do like him. His game, i wish it would have been released outside of Japan. He seems like he would be an interesting addition.

Ray - 7.3%
Assist trophy material

Rosalina x1
Captain Syrup x2
Pauline x2

Yessss we must overtake the world and create a new social order...
(where THIS is okay.
)

Non-believers shall get hosed!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
CAPTAIN RAINBOOOOW
Chances: 5%- The chances of another Fire-Emblem event ala Melee are minimal.
Want: 30%- I'd prefer the Captain that pilots vehicles. And uses his gun once.

Ray: 11%- As an assist trophy? Yeah, likely. As a character? He's very underrated and unknown to some people.
Nominations:
Omastar X 5- Now THAT'S something we need a Mega Evolution for.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Captain Rainbow
Likelihood: 2%

Want: 15%

Ray
Prediction: 10%

Nominations:
Krystal x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Captain Rainbow: 7.5%
Well, he has a semi-decent shot, in my opinion. His game is obscure and his franchise seems to be over, but the nature of his game screams WTF character to me; he's tied closely with other Nintendo franchises. I'm not going to say that he's anywhere near likely, but he can't be dismissed out of hand like some of the people we've been rating recently.

Captain Rainbow Want: 20%
He doesn't really appeal to me as a character, you know? He looks too much like Captain Falcon to offer anything from an aesthetic point of view... and I feel he'd be a somewhat wasted slot. Still, I'd like to see his game come to the West because of it's interesting concept; I think I'd probably want a stage, too.

Ray Prediction: 11.42%
I think we finally have a character on our hands who can break that 10% mark. Still, he won't break it by far and there's always the chance he falls just shy, too.

Nominations: GROOOOOOOOOOSE x5

DAY OVER
RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
4.45% chance
40.74% want

A mediocre chance score and a decent want score? The day wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, but it certainly could have been worse; Rainbow is popular!

Today we'll be rating a character we probably should have weeks ago: Ray, the robo from the Custom Robo series and the assist trophy from Brawl. Ray has had various designs and "models" across the franchise, but they all are quite similar; we are rating them all as one character. Please rate Ray in chance and want today.

Tomorrow... THAT'S IT! I'M DONE HERE! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! You idiots nominated Omastar up to the top, so now you have to deal with the consequences... please predict Omastar's score for tomorrow's match. Today's nomination winners are SmashShadow and Golden Icarus.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ray chance: 6.7%: Quite the solid chance actually, but I really don't know much about Custom Robo.
Ray Want: 40% It could be interesting.
Omastar Prediction: 0.65% Armaldo is the better fossil Pokemon. :troll:
Nominations:
x5 Dr. Kawashima
(Cmon guys, we can beat all the other nominations, since they are all x135, only need at least 15 more!)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ray's chances: 10% - I'm personally doubtful that we'll get a Chibi- Custom Robo rep. He does have a bit of a chance, though.
Want: 50% - Indifferent, I just nominated him because I'm interested in seeing how well he does.

Omastar prediction: 0.09% - oh dear why

EDIT: Changing my nominations if that's ok. Since she's only five nominations away from a re-vote:

Palutena x5

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ray chance: 20%. Not as bad as it can be, but eh, we already have two bots

Ray want: 40%. Seems fun, but not that fun

Omastar prediction: 50%. Because I feel a flow of trolls coming

Prof. Layton x5

Morbi

Scavenger
Ray's Chances: 10%
I do not know a lot about him. That is unimportant, he does have Smash relevance. As noted in your not-so-original post, he was an assist trophy and before that, a standard trophy. He does offer something unique to each roster, and he is one of the only Smash characters that I do not know... but I do know (because of Smash). So that has got to count for something.

Ray's Want: 5%
I wouldn't be distraught if he was added, but at the same time, I don't have any attachment to him.

Omastar Prediction: 100%
Who the hell thinks differently? Unintelligent swine? Disrespectful whelps? Repugnant cockroaches?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Ray
Chances: 11%- He has a chance, it's a higher chance than a lot of characters, but still a weak chance.
Want: 10%- I never did like the Custom Robo games.

Omastar: .5%- SOMEONE needs a Mega Evolution before they get any further. (When Omastar gets a mega, he'll get my respect.)
Like, This.

Who gets my noms today?
Captain Syrup, that's who! X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ray!
Likelihood: 9%
He is definitely possible, despite the dormant nature of his franchise. He got a bit of content in Brawl, so he's not all that forgotten I believe.

Want: 70%
His Assist Trophy in Brawl is AWESOME. Moreover, I think he's a really deserving character. I also like Ray MKII's design.

Omastar prediction: 0.1%
Why did you not remove him from the nominations list, Groose?

Dr. Kawashima Mario x 5
Sorry, BluePikmin. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ray

Likelihood: 20%. It's possible we'll see him, but I've a feeling he won't make it in.
Want: 20%. I don't know much about Custom Robo, but it seems interesting, build your robot and fight them against each other. Of course, I'm actually doing that in real life.

Omastar: 40%. I sense a large amount of Omastar's followers entering this thread.

Quote (Cave Story) x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Ray:
5% Eh, I'm optimistic about the brawl vets all returning (sans maybe Snake) but in turn I'm a little cynical about how many newcomers we'll actually get and this guy certainly isn't on the top of the list
Want: 40% who? He'd probably be interesting

Omastar: 6.7% BECAUSE I'VE GOT SHARP SPIKES! AND NOBODY LOVES ME!

(How has your game been going since I was gone Groose? Were you having fun? :troll:)
Nominations
Bulborb x5 cuz... Wynaut?

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Can we have a 3 day rating for the girls?

Ray
chance 20% He could gift the series with a character like he did to Fire Emblem, although not the only series with absent playable character it is one of them with the larger amount of games.
want 5% I didn't like the Custom Robo games.

Pauline x5

predict 0.52% Omastar

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Ray ('Bout ****ing time!)
Chance 25%
I can easily see this happening, although I'm definitely not counting on it. It's hard to say exactly what we'll get when it comes to misc. characters, but I actually find Ray one of the more likely possibilties. He's had a good handful of games that were fairly consistent, and rather popular. The only big drawback is the lack of recent releases, but even then, I doubt it would hurt his chances to badly. I'd still say he's more likely than the previously rated Andy and Chibi-Robo, as well as most other new series reps, but Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, and Starfy are the characters that I think will hold him back the most. Overall, I'd say his chances aren't all that bad, in fact they're rather impressive when compared to the other characters we've been rating recently.
Want 95%
I've only played one Custom Robo game in my entire life, but that's all I need to absolutely love the series. Not only do I love Custom Robo, but the moveset potential is off the charts when it comes this heavy piece of robotic awesomeness!

Omastar prediction 0.15% I think I'm just gonna abstain from this day...

Nominations
Nominations:
x5 Dr. Kawashima
(Cmon guys, we can beat all the other nominations, since they are all x135, only need at least 15 more!)
Why not?
Dr. Kawashima x10

D

Deleted member

I was quite surprised yesterday when I saw Captain Rainbow get some decent scores. 40% in want isn't bad. Very surprising indeed!
Ray
Chance: Abstain
I dunno much about him, it would be unfair of me to rate him.
Want: 0%
Nothing against the character. But, if I dunno much about them, then I don't really want them.
Omastar Prediction: 0.10%
By right Omastar should have this score. I bet some troll will rate it high.
Nominations: Nin-
Wait… no! Not today!
Nominations: Palutena 5x
She now has 100 votes. Tomorrow is Omastar; let's not make that day go to waste! WE'RE RE-RATING HER!
EDIT: Wait. Someone else already voted for Palutena thus giving her 100 votes. (I didn't check that post prior really) But… eh. Whatever. I'll still give them to Palutena anyway.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Ray

Chance: 1%
Want: 0%

Omastar: 3%
Someone is gonna rate him super high, I can see it coming :troll:

Nominations
Goemon x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ray Series

Chance - 25% - Despite going dormant, he's actually doing fairly well for a character in his position. He received content in Brawl, and is quite well liked from what I hear. However, with roster space so tight, his best chance is to sneak in under the radar. There is a lot of superior competition. I wouldn't worry about the customizability part, as they can always just use the defaults that you start out with.

Want - 82% - Admittedly, one of my dreams is to have a mecha playable somewhere in Smash Bros. While he may be small, a mecha is a mecha, so yes, please. Heck, based on game mechanics alone, he already has a special set.

Omastar - 0.18% - I'm only expecting him to barely beat out Cole. There's a reason they went extinct, after all.

Nominations
Hades X3
Dark Matter X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom