• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I'm grouping all Ray models together as the same character... you think this is a good idea or not?

I think Ray 01 and Ray Mk III might have different results, but maybe do them on the same day like you did Pokemon Trainer/New Trainer?

Groose

Smash Champion
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima)
4.35% chance
36.79% want

Although the chance score isn't anything to write home about, they do have a surprising amount of support; they weren't even 10% behind the Mach Rider in terms of want.

Today... oh boy. It's Princess Daisy. Does she have what it takes to become more than just a pallate swap or alternate costume? Can she grab her own character slot? Please rate Daisy in chance and want...

Everyone's favorite Captain will be in the ring tomorrow! Captain N Falcon Olimar Rainbow is scheduled to have his day in the light. Please predict how Captain Rainbow will fare in tomorrow's match. BluePikmin11 has won the extra noms today... and I know just what he'll do with them.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I'm grouping all Ray models together as the same character... you think this is a good idea or not? I personally think so, because who can tell which model will be chosen, and does that bit really matter?
Yes, I'd definitely group them together. I think the day we rate Ray should mostly just be viewed as the chances of us getting a Custom Robo character, rather than which model we get. And if we did rate them separately, then it would most likely take forever until we finally get to all three of them.
DAY OVER
GROOSE DROWNED
lol...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Eeyup! You know what I'll do with them. :troll:
Nominations:
x5 Dr. Kawashima
X5 Nintendog
Daisy chance: 1% Can't really see Sakurai seeing Daisy's move set potentiall. It's basically a copy and paste of Peach except more aggressive.
Daisy want: 6% The attitude might be interesting, but I rather keep as alt. Costume or color.
Captain Rainbow prediction: 3.43%

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Daisy chance: 5%. Really low, and it's the right thing. She doesn't have anything to offer to the roster and gets surpassed by at least 10 more interesting Mario Bros. characters.

Daisy want: 0%. I don't ****ing want her. Get away Daisy, you're a waste even if a palette swap.

Captain Rainbow prediction: 10%. Am I risking here? Maybe some crazy dude like me will consider him a very nice WTF character, and we know that Sakurai is the most WTF developer ever in the industry.

Nominations: x5 Professor Layton (again in a few hours LOL)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
The third eye pallet slot - 0.0011%
no importance,
better characters,
no purpose,
alternate costumes are confirmed,
no part of the actual games,
she has nothing . . . . . . .
want - 0%
the only thing she ever been to me, is an annoying thing, if she got in I'm going to blow up japan.

"ya I got a message for you japan"
"F*** You"

captain rainbow - 5.17%
I have no idea, but I imagine most will be low
nominations: dark pitX1
RoyX4

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Daisy
Chance: 0%
I doubt she'll even be considered, let alone added. She's laughably similar to Peach, has practically NO significance to the Mario series, isn't popular or requested, and doesn't even compare to Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Toad, or Waluigi. I'd even say that Fawful and King Boo are more likely/desirable than this.
Want: -1%
Why...jus-...just why?

Captain Rainbow: 4.4%
I'm actually kind of excited for this day.

Nomination
Ray x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Daisy's chances: 1% - All I can ever see her being is an alternate costume.
Want: 20% - I honestly kind of like her. There are plenty of better picks out there, though.

Captain Rainbow prediction: 4.89%

Ray x5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character
Daisy
Chance: 0.50% OH BOY... I mean OH GIRL! where should I start, thinking about it I will not even write anything, why waste my time?
Want: .30% Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......ehhhhhhhhh.....ehhhhh (Ok my brain right now stop working).

Prediction
Captain Rainbow: 7.77%

Nomination
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.

D

Deleted member

Daisy
Chance: 100%
She will definitely make it in the game!… as a palette swap for Peach.
REAL Chance: 0%
Anyone with a decently working brain knows that she won't be playable. She isn't demanded nor is she an important character to the Mario universe. In fact, her only major appearance in a Mario game was Game Boy's Super Mario Land and she was basically the Princess Peach of that game. I think Sakurai has made it clear that Daisy deserves to be one of Peach's palette swaps. If there is a 5th Mario rep, then that spot deserves to go to Bowser Jr. or Toad. Heck, even Waluigi is more deserving to be the 5th rep than Daisy. She just doesn't have significance.
Want: 0%
I think I am in the minority by saying that I don't hate Daisy and actually like her… I guess that is the giant Luigi fan in me that says that. If she was playable, I would be extremely ticked off as a more potential and deserving character didn't make it in but she did. (like Bowser Jr.)

Captain Rainbow Prediction: 3.15%
I did it! I managed to get him up to the top of the list after so many months!
I'm going to rate a bit low here… but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to put him in to be honest…

Nominations: Ninten 5x
I was gonna vote for Hades or Amaterasu, then I was thinking Blue from Pokemon, and then Goku from YuYuki just for trolling purposes… but I decided on Ninten as I do think he is at least viable.

Also, here are the tracks for Captain Rainbow that I managed to find for you, Groose! (finding material on this game is hard to do… especially when the game does have a good soundtrack…)
Daytime Theme 1
Daytime Theme 2
Main Theme

Last edited by a moderator:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Daisy
Chance: 3%
I can't explain why she has no chance, so instead I'll just say...
hi i'm daisy
...Actually that's kind of a good reason why she has no chance.
Want: 0%
I always HATED DAISY WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND SUNS so no I don't want her in Smash.

Captain Rainbow prediction: 15%
Somewhat low chance because some people just can't appreciate just how manly someone like Captain Rainbow can be.
Nominations
Banjo-Kazooie X5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Everyone's favorite Captain will be in the ring tomorrow! Captain N Falcon Olimar Rainbow is scheduled to have his day in the light. .
Captain Syrup, Crunch, Kangaroo, Planet and Ginyu are also acceptable answers.

HI I'M DAISY
Chance: 2%
Daisy is (arguably) the second most recognised female character in the super popular, super famous and super cash cow franchise; Super Mario Bros. She's Luigi's answer to Mario's Peach, a hot headed tomboy princess that can punch BOWSER INTO THE STRATOSPHERE in one of the earlier Mario Party games. However, this is where her fortune ends.

In terms of importance Daisy has appeared in one-That's ONE-main Mario game, and is mostly used as a character for filler in Mario sports/kart/party titles. She suffers similarly overall what Waluigi does; that even though there's times she could be included in a main LUIGI game, she's never considered. Not even in Luigi's Mansion, or in New Super Luigi U both of which would have been excellent times to include her, even if in the latter it was to replace Peach.

Heck, she didn't even appear, at least to my knowledge, in Mario + Luigi: Dream Team; a game based around memories and dreams for Luigi. Seriously Nintendo needs to include their characters better, her lack of appearences despite it being the YEAR OF LUIGI is frankly the stupidest mistake for the Mario series since not making New Mario Bros. 2; a game which was essentially about greed, not having Wario and Waluigi in Mario and Luigi's place.

As a result obviously Nintendo doesn't think much of her, as she's only really as important as Waluigi and Toadette as a Mario character; a placement filler for the spinoffs and that's it.

She also has to compete with more deserving Mario characters for that elusive, and perhaps unlikely, 5th Mario slot; Toad, Bowser Jr and Paper Mario, all of whom have both larger fan bases and done more for the mainstream Mario games than Daisy has. Heck, even for a second female Mario rep(which let's be honest; isn't exactly a likely addition) she's outclassed in terms of character importance and popularity by Rosalina.

Want: 5%
Let me just set something straight: I love Daisy. In fact whenever I play Peach, it's always straight to the Daisy Palette Swap I go. I prefer her tougher attitude and between her and Peach she honestly suits Smash best; I can imagine Daisy kicking Bowser's butt, I can't imagine Peach doing it...especially without any vibe powers.
But sadly for Daisy, Peach is Mrs. Nintendo, and thus is a required character, and Daisy is best off as a slightly improved texture alteration for Peach than a seperate character.

She's just not as important as Toad, not as popular as Bowser Jr, doesn't have as much moveset potential as Paper Mario and isn't as quirky and memorable(in a good or bad way) as Waluigi.

I'd still vote her over Geno though who is probably the stupidest suggestion for a Mario rep still.

Except maybe Baby Daisy who is worse.

Maybe.

Captain Rainbow: 4.2%
Cap would of seemed like a good way to include multiple obscure retro characters, but since Little Mac is a likely addition, Takamaru and Lip are two of the most popular retro choices on Smasboards, and Ness already using a yo-yo to fight...I can't see much hope for this admittedly cool character.

Nominations:
5 X Captain Syrup
ALL OF THE CAPTAINS.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
HI I'M DAISY!

Chances: 3%- She's one of Nintendo's most iconic characters. But. She's literally the opposite side of the coin to Peach. If Nintendo can come up with a pretty awesome moveset, she's viable. But she's also got a lot of competition from characters like Bowser Jr. Furthermore, she's became less important in recent times.

Want (If Roster Limits weren't a thing)- 100%- Gah, I wish, if only so. Daisy is pretty much my favorite character in the Mario series and spinoffs. I feel like she could be a power character in terms (See Mario Party III, where she punches Bowser nearly into orbit) and could be a physical attacker on a better level than Peach. By anything, she's the newcomer I would be incredibly happy to see... that being said, she also has the chance of becoming a clone. Which is why this is simply just some opinion thought... look below for the REAL Want.

REAL Want (In Actuality)- 40%- I'd prefer Bowser Jr, as I feel like Nintendo would make her a Peach Clone. Junior is the only character I'd like to see above Daisy. No, not Rosalina, not Geno, not Toad.

Captain Rainbow:
3.5%- His game is oddly ridiculous, and his game is... questionable, in some cases. He's cool, but his chances aren't great.

Time for more Bandwagon Noms!
Ray X5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Daisy:
Chances:
"Daisy, Daisy give me your answer do."
I think Daisy isn't the most likely Mario newcomer, but to say she has no potential is a misnomer. She can serve exactly the same role that Waluigi can (representing the Mario sports and party series) and she has more importance to the Mushroom Kingdom than Waluigi. She also isn't known for being a hated character (like Waluigi is). Should be representing the series in this capacity, then I see no reason why she couldn't just wear her sports outfit. Which would differentiate her greatly from Peach.

The question is she going to make it in over other series reps such as Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. Well, she's a deceptively older video game character, making her first appearance all the way back in 1989. So she has that going for her. But she doesn't have as important as a role, and she lack the distinctness that those characters offer. So while I don't expect to see her, I wouldn't count her out.
5%
Want:60%
I want her 60% more than Waluigi, that's for sure. I don't think Mario needs another rep besides Toad, but I wouldn't mind her appearance in Smash/

Captain Rainbow: 2.33%
Nominations:
Matthew (golden Sun) x 5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Daisy

Chance - 0%
shes been a palette swap for the last two smash games. so its safe to say she won't be in.

Want - 18%
Not my favorite Mario character tbh....

Captain Rainbow - 5.5%

x5 Pauline

Daisy Prediction: 4.56%
HI IM DAISY'S HATEBASE!
You hate daisy??? :surprised:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Daisy 1%
they gotta be really stretching if she got in.
want: 0% not at all.

Captain rainbow: I'm not sure. prolly like 6.2%

noms:
Pichu x3
Eevee x2

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Daisy -

Well... as a palette swap, 100%. As an actual character on her own, no way. 0%

Want - 45%

I honestly like her. Though there are plenty of better choices, and ones I want much more.

Captain Rainbow prediction - 10.3%

x5 Count Bleck.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Daisy

Chance - 0% - The only way I see her getting in would be to represent the Party spin-offs, but Waluigi has that down-pat. She's 100% certain as a pallet swap or alt-costume, but as her own character? No chance.

Want - 5% - Not completely horrible, but there are many better characters out there.

Captain Rainbow prediction - 1.5% - A Japanese only character that doesn't have a lot of history to make up for what is lost. He's doomed to be forgotten.

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Daisy: 0%, but she gets 100% for a chance as a Peach palette/alt costume
Want: 1%
Captain Rainbow: 5%
Nominate:
FE Newcomer (not Chrom) x 3
Masked Marth Costume x 2

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Daisy - 100%
Of course Peach is going to have this color as an option!

Oh wait, that joke's been done already? Rats.

Daisy - 0%
There is virtually no reason to make her a separate character from Peach, and she isn't really that important to the Mario franchise regardless. She'll surely reprise as a Peach palette swap, maybe even as a costume if those are a thing (we are getting male and female WFTs after all), but as a unique character? Nah.
Want - 0% - I don't see the point.

Captain Rainbow - 3%
He's going to have some support thanks to how dang unique he is.

Nominations
Ray x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Daisy: 2%
Of all the Mario characters that could get in, why would he choose Daisy. She doesn't do anything! She's more useless than Peach and that is saying something.
Want: 0% If only I could give this a negative rating...

Captain Rainbow: 4.4%

Nominations: 5x Dark Samus

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Daisy

chance 2.5% It appears that not even Nintendo cares enough about Daisy.
If they picked a female newcomer for the Mario series I bet anything that would be Rosalina and not Daisy. Daisy is treated as only a spin off extra, and doomed I believe as a palette swap and forever in Peach's shadow.

want 5% I feel bad for Daisy I really do but the other Mario characters are more exciting to somebody with a neutral stance like me. Even among the female characters only there are others that I'd prefer.

x5 Omastar

predict 8%

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Daisy: Chances: 5%.At best we might see her as an alt costume for Peach in the same way the Male Wii Fit Trainer might be to Female Wii Fit Trainer.
Want: 75%. Among my favorite Mario characters, I'd love to see her in.

Prediction Captain Rainbow: 3%

Rosalina x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Daisy:
Chance: 1%
I don't see a reason why she would be picked before Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Paper Mario or Dr. Mario.

Want: 30%
Daisy is one of my favourite Mario characters, who I use the most in the spin-offs after Luigi. Yet, the idea of her in a Smash game doesn't excite me at all. I don't think she deserves to be in, either.

Captain Rainbow prediction: 4%
His game is weird.

Dr. Mario x 5

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Chances: 5%. Hi, I'm Daisy
Want: 0%. Hi I'm Daisy
Captain Rainbow prediction: 5% Hi I'm daisy
Ganon X5 Hi I'm Daisy

HI I'M DAISY

Forde

Smash Cadet
Well, I've been out of this for a week or so. Nice to be back though, lets get this going.

Daisy:
Chances: 20% There's more likely Mario universe characters that would be selected before her, but I could see her getting in.

Want: 10% Meh.

Captain Rainbow prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Blaziken x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just to ask around, Sheik is expected MORE than Mewtwo at this point?

Sorry, I still find this extremely laughable.

@HAIIMDAESEE

Chance: 1%
Want: 0,3%
Change of being a Peach alt: 103%

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No seriously, there's no reason besides 'expect what has already been done'. And I really despite that sort of attitude.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
diddy just lay it off mate, despite no matter what you believe in, sheik has nothing standing in her way, that is the reason why nobody believes she'll be gone, she only have good things linking to her chances

Louie G.

Smash Hero
HIIMDAISY

Chance: 0.5%
So many more important Mario characters, and color swap.

Want: 1%
No.

Captain Rainbow: 4.25%
Pretty cool guy I guess.

Noms: Palutena x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People are speaking here like that is a fact... Sorry, can't debate this anymore.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
People are speaking here like that is a fact... Sorry, can't debate this anymore.
Hey Diddy, do you think Sheik will be REPLACED by Impa, or Impa will be a separate character?
Because honestly, Impa is important enough to become a character if Sakurai decides to do so.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Better not. ;)

And honestly, you're better off giving up the Sheik hate. That will make this a much nicer place for you (and us as well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom