• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Yarne's chances: 0% - Nope.
Want: 0% - Nah.

Donbe & Hikari prediction: 1.75%

Ray x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Yarne
Chance 0%
Want 0%
No explanations this time. Just common sense.

Donbe & Hikari 3.5%

Nomination
Ray x3
Excitebiker x2

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yarne:

Chances: .8%- We get another Fire Emblem Character that likely will not have a chance due to the not-being-a-Main Protagonist/Recurring Character Factor. He ain't Anna, he ain't a Protagonist, so you know what...
NOPE.

Want: 1%- I'd prefer a Fire Emblem character from an older game. Or a Main Character.

Donbe + Hikari: Prediction- 1.97%- The duo is a retro gem. That being said, it's a hit or miss with chances. And these two were forgotten by many. Expect a lot of "Who is that?" Responses.

Nominating...
x5 Doctor Mario
(Giving us our daily supplement of PAIN.)

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Yarne
Chance: 0.01%
Why am I even rating this guy?
Want: 0%
Call me when we start rating a good FE character.

Donbe & Hikari prediction: 1.1%
Definitely not Takamaru or Sukapon in terms of Japan exclusive retro characters.

Nominations
Banjo-Kazooie X5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Yarne:
Likelihood: 0%
Yarne in Smash Bros? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Want: 90%
He's a character I originally hated in Awakening, but have grown to enjoy. His whole schtick is that he is afraid of dying because that means extinction for his race. It's really fun and he is a great unit/

Music for Yarne Kirby!
"We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe."
We should turn in for the night
Training

Donbe & Hikari: 3.72%

Nominations:
Matthew (Golden Sun) x 5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone actually think Panne would be a better character for Smash 4?
Yes.

Yawn: 0%
Do I really have to explain this?

Want: 46%
Most of Yarne's supporters appear to support him as a joke. Admittedly, it's kind of a funny joke.

Donte and Hikari prediction: 6.36%

Nominate: Klonoa x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Yarne

Chance - 0% - Due to it being entirely possible to play Awakening without encountering all child characters save Lucina, I honestly doubt they would even be considered. The only reason he could get in, being a Taguel, could already be covered by his mother (who you are required to encounter), so he's as doomed as he says he is.

Want - 2.5% - A Taguel might be interesting. Might.

Donbe & Hikari Prediction - 2.67% - Being a Japanese exclusive hurts there chances, and they are barely talked about. Add duel characters to the mix and... well... pray to Hinoesama that there are no Oni...

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

For those who are willing to research Donbe & Hikari and Shin Onigashima, I have compiled a list of links to help you learn about them.

The origin behind the in music in Brawl - Also contains the only known translation of the game script.

Walkthrough by the Nintendo Database - Contains an outline of the entire script, along with a translation of player actions. Also, check out the last chapter of Heisei: New Onigashima, the sequel (only the last chapter focuses on Donbe & Hikari).

And of course, Wikipedia proves that is has an article on everything.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hoo boy. As predicted Yarne's doing poorly. I understand; I was like this with Owain before I played the game. Looks like it's my favourite Awakening character's turn to feel the heat.

YARNE
Chance: 0%
Let's be clear here. Yarne has NO chance. NONE. ZERO of being added. He's an unimportant side character in the latest Fire Emblem game that has three protagonists fighting out for the spot of playable Awakening rep; Chrom, Lucina and Robin. Yarne is actually more interesting than all three of these guys both in terms of uniqueness and terms of personality, but sadly that doesn't help his chance. I'd love him as an Assist Trophy but at best we may get a sticker of him. At best. Not even a trophy.

He's no Roy, he's no Chrom, he's no Ike or Marth either...he sadly has no place within Smash.

Want: 85%
Yup. Yarne's my favourite unit from Fire Emblem Awakening due to his cowardly persona, his fear of dying(very much matching my fear of letting any of my units die within the game) and the fact he turns into a monster bunny and kicks serious ass. He's a coward with supreme power, and in general this is the sort of character I like; Toad, Luigi and to some extent Yoshi(scared of Boos) being fellow Nintendo powerful cowards. The fact that despite his fear he continues to battle on to aid his friends is a trait I genuinely admire in any character, and Yarne's personification of Fire Emblem's gimmick pretty much cemented a special place in my heart for the last Taguel.

Yarne has some of the best crit liners "NO; YOU GO EXTINCT!" and his interactions with his far calmer mother, Panne(who seems to hardly care she's the last of her kind; a weird reaction) at times come off as some of the most entertaining interactions I personally experienced within the game.
I cannot stress enough that he is a fairly entertaining character and those of you who have not yet had the chance to play Fire Emblem Awakening, please do so.

He's also not a lord with a sword, a blandy mcswordsman or an unlikable sociopathic stalker like Tharja, so there's those in his favour too for me.

Not a Nintendo All Star though, and thus not someone I'd consider Smash worthy, but certainly a good character overall.

Donbe and Hikari: 3.5%
Interesting retro choice, doubt it'll do well here. On Smashboards it's Takamaru or bust for retro. MAYBE Lip is an acceptable answer here too. MAYBE.

Nominations:
5 X Substantial Yoshi Changes (Yarn, Baby, etc.)

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Looks like we're having rabbit soup tonight.

Yarne
Chance: 0% - Just a generic FE character with no importance to the series.
Want: 0% - One of my least favorite Awakening characters.

Donbe and Hikari prediction: 2.2%

Nominations: Aeron x5.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
These ratings are turning out as I expected.
(Too bad I can't think of a pun at this moment.)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yarne

Well, he's not a blue-haired, sword-wielding lord. He's actually... different! Unfortunately, he's also a very minor character. Points for uniqueness and all don't really matter much if nobody knows who you are nor cares about you being in the game and there are more prominent choices for your series.

Yarne chances: 0.1%

Yarne want: 40%
(50% = indifference)
Since he would be different from other Fire Emblem characters, I am less opposed to him being in.

Donbe & Hikari prediction: 2%
Eh.

Nominations:
5x Dr Mario

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I missed Ephraim, but you can bet your ass I won't miss this.

Yarne
Chance: 0%
Want: 89%

Noms: Grandma (Wind Waker) x5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Yarne

Chance - 0%
Yeah.......

Want - 1%
Interesting design i guess.

Donbe & Hikari - 3.8%

x5 Pauline

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Yarne - 0%
There is absolutely zero reason whatsoever to even consider the remote possibility of including Yarne in Smash. He's a minor, skippable, not even popular character that doesn't affect the main plot of his game whatsoever.
Want - 80% - But he could be so cool as a Taguel, and he's one of my favorite Awakening characters! Up there with Sveta of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn in terms of dream characters that would never be playable in Smash but would be awesome to play as if they were.

Donbe and Hikari Prediction - 3%
I would assume being a random pair of characters no one has heard of would put you in sub-1% territory, but given these predictions, I guess not?

Nominations
Six Pokemon Characters x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Yarne
Chance: 0.0001%
Realistically, theres hundreds of FE characters and this is just another one of those random characters.

Donbe and Hikari: who? 0.1%

Nominations:
Goemon x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

Chance/Want: 0%
(I'd rather have string(e))

Donbe and Hikari: 2.1%

5x Dark Samus

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Yarne

Chance 0%
When you can play the game he's in without encountering him even once, then that doesn't do much for your chances.
And yea, I did play awakening and never bothered to get all the kids. As a result I never cared at all for Yarne. I treat Fire Emblem like pokemon: settle on my team of reliable, diverse units, then devote the entire game to bringing them to perfection. Anyone else that joins can warm the bench.

Want 0%
No thanks

Prediction
Donbe and Hikari - 2.84%
They seem on the more interesting end as Nintendo's text-based adventure heroes. Not that well known though, so that'll bring them down.

Nominations
x5 Sheriff

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yarne
Chances: 0.001 Yeah, you don't need to recruit him nor is he even important to the storyline in his game.
Want: 1% I like the character and the idea of a playable Taguel, but even then there are much better options in the series.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character:
Yarne
Chances: 3.33% If by some miracle the day where Sakurai was visiting IS to ask for who will be the next character added to Smash, all of Staff were drunk and wasted so much because of the success for the game and the reason that the series will continue on. Some random employee or the Director of the game start speaking nosense and tell Sakurai that Yarne was the S...t and nothing can top that character, hearing this Sakurai decides to add Yarne. This is the only explanation in how I can see Yarne added to Smash.
Want: 65% Like previous posts that I have wrote pretty much the Fire Emblem Characters are great to play in Smash and have good mechanics until now none of the three characters have disappoint me.

Prediction for Donbe and Hikari: 7.77%

Nomination
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Yarne
Likelihood: 0.01%

Donabe and Hikari
Prediction: 4%

Nominations:
Krystal x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yarne:
Chance & Want: 0%
Bleh...

Prediction for Donbe & Hikari: 7%

Nominations: Dr. Mario x 5

D

Deleted member

Thank god that we did that poll before. Rating Marth would have been a giant waste of time.

D

Deleted member

I'm fairly certain Marth would of got 100% all around though or at least the same rating as Mr. Game and Watch.
Exactly. Everyone knew that he was going to be in the game (except for GamesRadar).

EDIT: Do you think that the fact that Marth's page leads to Awakening's website will reduce the chances of getting an Awakening character? I think that it might be worth re-rating Chrom and especially Lucina.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
EDIT: Do you think that the fact that Marth's page leads to Awakening's website will reduce the chances of getting an Awakening character? I think that it might be worth re-rating Chrom and especially Lucina.
I'd say possibly we might need to reevaluate Lucina, but perhaps it's just them putting the most recent information about Marth.
So, yes to Lucina, because her chances are now likely shot, no to Chrom, because he's still got the Blue-Lord-With-A-Sword Factor, in terms of reevaluation. That's my opinion.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Exactly. Everyone knew that he was going to be in the game (except for GamesRadar).

I'll say yes,
marth is now being used to promote the game that chrom or Lucina, was suppose to fill, now seeing that spot a has been filled, that makes it a significant decrease to both of them, but not only that but also raises the chances of ike and roy also, because their strongest competition, just got hurt badly, increaseing their chances.
i say that we should revote for fire emblem main reps, that isn't marth (sorry guys now your kinda sick of fire emblem by now) but that is my take on things

ShinRPGamer

Smash Rookie
Yarne: 0%, need you even ask.

Want: 25% If you to see the blow up if he does get confirmed.

Prediction for Donbe & Hikari: 5%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'll say yes,
marth is now being used to promote the game that chrom or Lucina, was suppose to fill, now seeing that spot a has been filled, that makes it a significant decrease to both of them, but not only that but also raises the chances of ike and roy also, because their strongest competition, just got hurt badly, increaseing their chances.
i say that we should revote for fire emblem main reps, that isn't marth (sorry guys now your kinda sick of fire emblem by now) but that is my take on things
I think if we re-evaluate Lucina, most are going to suggest "Masked Marth" will be an alt costume(Now Male Wii Fit Trainer seems to have confirmed these are returning), thus Lucina gets into Smash...in a way.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Yarne

Chance: 0.001% - That's the best I can give him if he's an unimportant unpopular character from a series with many contenders for playability.

Want: 0% - Nah. His story sounds interesting but he is not meant for smash.

Donbe & Hikari Prediction: 1.2% - They'll do better than Yarne at least.

Nominations:
Klonoa x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think if we re-evaluate Lucina, most are going to suggest "Masked Marth" will be an alt costume(Now Male Wii Fit Trainer seems to have confirmed these are returning), thus Lucina gets into Smash...in a way.
We could always rate Lucina/Masked Marth as a Alt. Costume, not as a full fledged character. Or something of that matter.

Am I the only guy who actually likes Marth's Smash 4 Design?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Yarne: 0% for both

Famicom Tales: 3.4%

Tails*1
Adventure Mode*2
Fatal Frame Representation*1
Slime*1

*I'm indecisive today, and I feel it'll soon be time for a Slime re vote with Bravely Default being pushed (and in the west pushed for) by Nintendo showing a closeness and special interest between the two companies.. add the awesome looking Dragon Quest Monsters 2 3DS LL, and I'm thinking there's been enough for people to think a little more highly of him... I hope... still wanna get Team Sonic finished before then really though*

Groose

Smash Champion
Yarne Chance: 0%
Yarne Want: 0%
I'm not even going to explain.

Donbe and Hikari Prediction: 3.54%
People never entirely rule out Retros (unless if they're Mike Jones), but this board is pretty heavy in support of Takamaru. Hmm... may be a tad high or a tad low. I'm not sure.

I won the noms, so...
HI IM DAISY x6
About time we get her rated. I can wait one more day until Captain Rainbow.

Ray x4
We need to get him to the top, and pronto.

DAY OVER
BY ORDER OF THE ROYAL POMPADOUR

Groose

Smash Champion
Yarne (Fire Emblem)
0.25% chance
24.52% want

Chancellor Cole? Don't worry; even Yarne doubled your score. Still, he fell well below even Neku and Shiki... not a great day for everyone's cowardly pal, eh?

Today we're rating Donbe and Hikari. Although they may not be familiar in the west, the hail from a unique, text-based Retro game that translates to roughly Famicom Fairytales. Does the duo have what it takes to make it into Smash? Please rate Donbe and Hikari in chance and want today.

Tomorrow... it's time to meet one of the most hated Nintendo characters of all time. As revealed in the Melee Trophy Mode, she has three eyes. Her favorite line is HI, I'M DAISY! Please predict how Daisy will fare in tomorrow's game. Crushermania1592 wins the extra noms today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom