• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Victini

Chance - 0% - The best hope he had was being forced in due to representing Gen. V, which has now passed. Now that Mewtwo has struck back, I'd say the Pokémon roster is fairly well set at this point.

Want - 40% - He's kind of interesting, but I say that I'd be happier with Brawl + Mewtwo, and any more is starting to stretch a bit too much.

Yarne Prediction - 1.21% - A bit below average for a random Fire Emblem character. He lacks the popularity that seemingly gave the others a bit of a boost.

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

(PS - Groose, there is a frowny face in K. Rool's results score. Anna's results are also missing.)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character:
Victini
Chance: 7.77%
There is not much to say.
Want: 3.33%
Is not even in my top 30 Pókemon.

Prediction:
Yarne: 1.11%
Ehhhh.... I don´t know there are so many options for Póke... I mean Fire Emblem that is not even funny.

Nomination:
Donbe and Hikari x 5.

.n_n.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Victini
Likelihood: 1%

Want: 10%

Prediction:
Yarne: 0.4%

Nominations:
Slippy x2
Krystal x3

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Victini
Chance 0.3%
I find it highly unlikely that any Pokemon outside of the Brawl vets and Mewtwo will show up. And if they do happen to put in a Pokemon other than those five, I would expect that Meowth, Eevee, Blaziken, and even fellow 5th gen reps, Zoroark and Genesect, have a much better chance of appearing than Victini.
Want 50%
Indifferent

Yarne Prediction 0.8%

Nomination
Ray x5

x129 Omastar (Pokemon)
x120 Pauline (Donkey Kong)
x67 Ray (Custom Robo)

:glare: You can't be serious.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Nominations Count
Veterans
x28 Doctor Mario (Doctor Mario)
x10 Pichu (Pokemon)
x2 Young Link [no masks] (Legend of Zelda)

Newcomers
x89 Dark Samus (Metroid)
x67 Ray (Custom Robo)
x59 Hades (Kid Icarus)
x53 Mona (WarioWare)
x45 Mallo (Pushmo)
X31 Excitebiker (Excitebike)
x28 Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
X22 Sheriff (Nintendo’s First Game)
x12 Tetra [no transformations] (The Legend of Zelda)
x10 Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
x9 Dark Pit (Kid Icarus)
x6 Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
x5 Demon King Demise (Legend of Zelda)
x3 Zip (FlingSmash)
x2 Toon Zelda [no transformations] (The Legend of Zelda)
I have color categorized all of these based on my opinion.
Green = Good Chance
Yellow = Okay Chance
Red = Small Chance
All the Rest = Joke/Little to No Chance (besides re-votes)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Victini:

Chance: 0% - Unless there's future plans for it, then it's not in the run.

Want: 0% - Much better choices for Pokémons.

Yarne Prediction: 0.56% - Owain v2

Nominations:
5x Palutena

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Victini:
Likelihood: 0.1%
It's just too late for its inclusion, unfortunately. He was overshadowed by Zoroark and Genesect within Gen 5, and further pushed to the bottom of the barrel by the coming of Gen 6. Moreover, I find it extremely likely that he will appear as a pokéball, similarly to Mew, Jirachi and Celebi.

Want: 5%
No, not really.

Yarne prediction: 0.85%
:glare:

Donbe & Hikari x 5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Victini

Chance: 10% - Eh, I don't think his shot too low as he is (or at least was) a popular pokemon. But he's not Mewtwo/Lucario popular, who're veterans with existing programming.

Want: 70% - I'll be the odd man out here, and give him a higher rating than most. He's grown on me in the past few months and might continue to grow as I still haven't seen his movie (which is weird as I own a copy of it). He's a fire/psychic so there is some good potential.

Yarne prediction: 0.20 - I don't know who this is and judging from everyone else's responses, I probably shouldn't care.

Nominations:
Zero (MMX) x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Victini

chance 10% I don't expect anything other than a pokeball for Victini. There is too much competition for him; Mewtwo, Zoroark, and any of the new gen mascot pokemon.
want 5%

x2 Rosalina
x2 Pauline
x1 Captain Syrup

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Victini
Chance: 3%
Victini really isn't relevant anymore, what with the end of Gen V and the beginning of VI. Sure it got it's own movie, but you know who else got one? Mewtwo (and Genesect). I don't even think that Victini's movie was really all that popular. Poor thing.
Want: 80%
I still really want to see Victini in smash though. Yeah, Gen V is over, but I still think it deserves some representation. I really like Victini as a Pokemon, so seeing it in Smash would bring a smile to my face. Also, think of all the butthurt Charizard/Mewtwo/Zoroark fanboys complaining about how Victini got in over there favorite Pokemon. That will be the day.

Yarne prediction: 0.36
why.gif

Nomination:
Banjo-Kazooie X5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Victini: .5%
Want: 0%
Yarne (YAY.gif): 0.3
Nominate:
uhhh... Brawl Pokemon and Mewtwo x 5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Victini: .02%
Want - 0% - Missed his boat, one generation behind, too much competition
Yarne - Who? 0.27%

Nominate:

LUCARIO x2
Mewtwo
Gengar
Isa Jo

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Victini
Chance: 0% - it's predecessors (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy) were not playable, it won't be either.
Want: 7% - It would feel like such a waste of space.

Yarne prediction: 0.14%

Nominations: Aeron x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Victini

Eh. Another Pokemon. Seems unlikely, but not the worst design for a Smash fighter.

Victini chance: 2%

Victini want: 25%

Yarne prediction: 0.7%

Nominations:
Dr Mario x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Chance: 5%
Want: 60%
Definitely want more than Zoroark and Genesect. There's still my want for not giving the Pokemon too much representation this time around. I'd rather we only add one character *cough* Mewtwo *cough*.

Yarne: .45%

5x Dark Samus

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Victini:
Chance: 1%

Want: 1%

Prediction for Yarne: .37%

Nominations
Paper Mario x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I got that part, but I don't know what you mean by it. What does it have to do with Wolf?
They're suggesting that Wolf is the worst designed Smash character.

Really though? Wolf as the worst designed?

The most unneccesary perhaps when Falco already existed as a Fox semi clone, but the worst designed? He's already more unique than Falco is and he was a last minute addition.

For worst there's Ganondorf who is so badly designed it's almost universally agreed upon that he NEEDS to change to better reflect his actual character from the games. That's a terrible design right there.

If they mean Wolf is the worst implemented character then I'd argue that dubious honour goes to Pokemon Trainer until they remove the damn stamina gimmick, and give some more invincibility frames upon the switch.

D

Deleted member

They're suggesting that Wolf is the worst designed Smash character.

Really though? Wolf as the worst designed?

The most unneccesary perhaps when Falco already existed as a Fox semi clone, but the worst designed? He's already more unique than Falco is and he was a last minute addition.

For worst there's Ganondorf who is so badly designed it's almost universally agreed upon that he NEEDS to change to better reflect his actual character from the games. That's a terrible design right there.

If they mean Wolf is the worst implemented character then I'd argue that dubious honour goes to Pokemon Trainer until they remove the damn stamina gimmick, and give some more invincibility frames upon the switch.
Personally, I think that Ganondorf and Lucario are the worst characters in terms of design. (I would also say Toon Link, but I'll give him a pass since he does have a moveset that is reflective of the character)

Ganondorf is terrible because… his moveset just isn't Ganondorf. While the animations scream Ganondorf, that can't cover up that the moveset is still similar to Captain Falcon's. (it became more distant from Captain Falcon's, but you cannot deny the similarities) Lucario I find to be bad since it doesn't reflect itself as a fighting type in my opinion. Come to think of it, Lucario's moveset is probably the main reason why I wouldn't care if it got cut now. (I have used a Lucario in Pokemon and I love it, but it's very disappointing in Smash)

And if we do look at character implementation, then Pokemon Trainer Red is the worst in terms of that. I see what they were going for with the stamina feature, but that is what kinda killed the character for me.

Wolf isn't the worst designed character in Brawl. In fact, he's far from it. He's a rather impressive character despite him being made last minute.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
By "design" I meant the way the character looks and their canon behavior etc. I simply meant that Victini probably has decent potential for a move set and all. Magikarp, Dr. Kawashima and Sandbag would be among the worst designs for a Smash fighter. Wolf is nowhere near being the worst on that measure.

The end result of Wolf, Ganondorf, Lucario or Pokemon Trainer might not be as good as you wanted, but they all had better potential than Victini IMO.

Wolf really isn't that bad anyway. He basically only shares his specials and final smash with Fox, and his moves aren't based on canon, so they can change them as they like. (Personally, I wouldn't care if they changed all his specials, since while I liked playing as Wolf, the only special move I used to attack much was his blaster.) As pointed out, Falco is more of a clone than Wolf.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Victini

Chance: 5%
Want: 50%

Yarne: 0.32%
Nominations:
Matthew (Golden Sun) x 5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
By "design" I meant the way the character looks and their canon behavior etc. I simply meant that Victini probably has decent potential for a move set and all. Magikarp, Dr. Kawashima and Sandbag would be among the worst designs for a Smash fighter. Wolf is nowhere near being the worst on that measure.

The end result of Wolf, Ganondorf, Lucario or Pokemon Trainer might not be as good as you wanted, but they all had better potential than Victini IMO.

Wolf really isn't that bad anyway. He basically only shares his specials and final smash with Fox, and his moves aren't based on canon, so they can change them as they like. (Personally, I wouldn't care if they changed all his specials, since while I liked playing as Wolf, the only special move I used to attack much was his blaster.) As pointed out, Falco is more of a clone than Wolf.
No wonder why they call the doctor ugly. :urg:

Groose

Smash Champion
Victini Chance: 2.5%
All "Mew-eqsue" Pokemon so far have been incorporated into Pokeballs... most of them as rare, useless ones. I don't think Victini has enough going for it to buck this trend.

Victini Want: 25%
I'd rather have Mew or Celebii than their modern day successor; Victini is cool but isn't as good as past efforts, in my opinion.

Yarne Prediction: .45%
Yarn Kirby would probably do better.

Ray x5

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE-SAN

Groose

Smash Champion
Victini (Pokemon)
3.46% chance
24.39% want

Victory? Not quite. Victini didn't quite live up to it's legendary reputation... and becomes yet another victim of the World's Most Powerful Pokemon.

Today we're rating... Yarne. Right. Well, I have no idea who he is, so no witty text from me today. Please rate Yarne in chance and want...

Tomorrow we'll be rating Donbe and Hikari They are a possible duo from a retro Nintendo game. Please predict how they'll fare in tomorrow's game. Doing so can earn you extra nominations... like those won by GROOOOOOOOOOOOOSE.

Groose

Smash Champion
(PS - Groose, there is a frowny face in K. Rool's results score. Anna's results are also missing.)
:/ Quite frankly, I don't care about Anna. But King K. Rool having a frowny face in his line? UNACCEPTABLE!

I jest. I'll find her score and add it in later.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yarne chance: 2% Yes the uniqueness of Taguel might be very unique for Sakurai to consider, but pretty unlikely.
Yarne want: 0% Manaketes are better. :p
Donbe and Hikari Prediction: 4.6% I can see many people not recognizing this retro duo.
Nominations:
x5 Dr. Kawashima

D

Deleted member

Yarne
Chance: 0%
While I don't much about Fire Emblem, even I know that he's not going to be in the game.
Want: 0%
His appearance wouldn't be so epic.
Donbe & Hikari Prediction: 1.23%
Rating a bit low here.
Nominations: Captain Rainbow 5x
Holy cow. We have a three way tie between him, Daisy, and Omastar. Which of these losers will get rated first?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
yarne - 0.00078%
I did a little research, and from what I found, he has no chance.
want - 0%
the only characters that interest me that are from fire emblem, are lords, Anna, and robin. he is none of these things so . . . . . .
untitled.png

Donbe & Hikari - 5.18%
I don't think they will do too bad, but most would probably realize that they have a low chance
nominations: dark pitX5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom