• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey Diddy, do you think Sheik will be REPLACED by Impa, or Impa will be a separate character?
Because honestly, Impa is important enough to become a character if Sakurai decides to do so.

Impa would probably be a separate character. Makes the most sence to revamp the whole Zelda / Sheik thing. Sure, SS Zelda and Impa could be a tag-team, but that only ADDS to the reason I think Impa is the better choice overall.

Overall, it would be enough to call it a 'replacement' if Impa is there, but Sheik isn't. Consider it a change like Young Link -> Toon Link. Why aren't people going 'MUH MAJORA' or 'MUH FIRST 3D CHILD LINK' on Young Link? Cause it's been done, and accepted that's why. In all actuality, Sheik and Impa have the potential to be as different as say, Lucario and Mewtwo. But as Sheik has a completely made up moveset, Impa borrowing a few of them isn't as farfetched. Especially as Impa has shown fighting abilities on screen in SS, Sheik never did.

This is turning in a bigger rant than I wanted already. Anyway, untill I see Sheik announced on SmashBros.com -which I wouldn't expect, as TOON LINK got shown before Zelda already, which to me hints on big changes for Zelda- I won't back up on this statement.

People have their rights to PREFER Sheik, I have my rights to declare why I think Impa is a better character, and a overall better choice for a Smash Bros. character than Sheik.

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Daisy

Chances: 1%. I don't see her getting in before Bowser Jr., Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi and even Rosalina

Want: 30 % - Although I like her and use her a lot in spin-off games, I don't see her as a "smash deserving" character

Captain Rainbow prediction: 6,4%

Nomination: Lucina x 5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Daisy:

Chance: 3%
She doesn't really have the personality of Waluigi, or the main series connections of Peach... Sorry mario fans, your princess is in as another palette swap.

Want: 100%
So.. yeah... Let me explain:
In my group of friends we play Mario Party/Kart/Sports a lot, like any group of friends should, and I used to pick characters to my whim, but one girl (Saya) always picks Luigi, Meesha always picks Mario and a few others have their preferences too. I don't remember the game it originated from, though double dash is a possibility, but Meesha and her (then) Fiancé decided to pick Mario and Peach respectively, while Saya convinced me to play Daisy to make the rival couples... That night was the night me and Saya confessed to each other, and we've been together coming on 3 years now... I've picked Daisy in Mario spin off games ever since, and it's become a bit of a tradition.. a tradition I would love to pull over to Smash bros if it became a possibility... at least for drunken matches where I don't care how bad I am with the character, so yeah, I want Daisy 100%, though not for reasons of her own character really.

Captain Rainbow: 3.8%
The game didn't sell well, and was JPN only.

I've always found it cool there are enough letters in rainbow to colour the rainbow, it's an interesting coincidence that captain follows suit.

Tails*5
(Gotta keep goin', every vote is a brand new challenge for me)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Impa would probably be a separate character. Makes the most sence to revamp the whole Zelda / Sheik thing. Sure, SS Zelda and Impa could be a tag-team, but that only ADDS to the reason I think Impa is the better choice overall.

Overall, it would be enough to call it a 'replacement' if Impa is there, but Sheik isn't. Consider it a change like Young Link -> Toon Link. Why aren't people going 'MUH MAJORA' or 'MUH FIRST 3D CHILD LINK' on Young Link? Cause it's been done, and accepted that's why. In all actuality, Sheik and Impa have the potential to be as different as say, Lucario and Mewtwo. But as Sheik has a completely made up moveset, Impa borrowing a few of them isn't as farfetched. Especially as Impa has shown fighting abilities on screen in SS, Sheik never did.

This is turning in a bigger rant than I wanted already. Anyway, untill I see Sheik announced on SmashBros.com -which I wouldn't expect, as TOON LINK got shown before Zelda already, which to me hints on big changes for Zelda- I won't back up on this statement.

People have their rights to PREFER Sheik, I have my rights to declare why I think Impa is a better character, and a overall better choice for a Smash Bros. character than Sheik.
Can you take this to the Impa thread?

By the way, what was your reaction on seeing Old Impa in ALBW? Furious? Enraged? Sick with anger?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have nothing yet. I haven't really seen it yet outside of a troll post in the Impa thread. Is there a link with more pics of this?

But Old Impa is better than no Impa. Besides, who said a double role like in SS isn't possible? There's also the Dark World to consider, and Impa might just be her younger self in that one.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Daisy: 6%
Could happen, but I doubt Sakurai would really want to do this to us.

Want: 4%
No, I do not want Daisy.

Captain FalconRainbow prediction: 5.08%

Nominate:
Paper Mario x3
Shantae x2

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Daisy
Likelihood: 0.01%
The day Daisy gets in is the day Sakurai runs out of ideas

Want: 0%
No!

Captain Rainbow
Prediction: 2.5%

Nominations:
Krystal x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Daisy
Chance: 7% - I don't see why some people think she needs to be playable, she sort of already appears as an alternate costume for Peach.
Want: 15% - She's such an unimaginatively bland character.

Captain Rainbow prediction: 1.23%

Nominations: Aeron x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Daisy

Chance: .5% - Not a really wanted, popular, or major character.

Want: 10% - I never understood the intense hatred for Daisy but the general disinterest in her is a bit easier to swallow. She could use the sports theme to her advantage leaving Waluigi with a more comical based moveset. Failing that she could always use her third eye.:troll:

Captain Rainbow: 10% - Being one of the newer and more unique characters, I'm surprised he's not mentioned more around these parts.

Nominations:
Ray (Custom Robo) x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Groose, I changed my nominations up a bit, giving half my nominations to Dr. Kawashima, and the other half to:

Might help get what characters I want to nominate faster! :grin:
that does make me curious about his want score . . . . .
most people I now usually either hate the idea or like it, his day will sure be interesting alright.
(and now I now who to vote for after dark pit :smirk:)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
likely hood
5% if daisy is a patlette swap for peach threw the series forget about the possibility of daisy becoming playable (but alternate costume maybe)

want
20% not that interested (anymore)

Groose

Smash Champion
Daisy Chance: 3%
She's an important Mario character. She's about level or even a level above Waluigi in terms of popularity, though her fanbase is less in line with the Smash fanbase than that of Waluigi. Her main problem? She's a Peach clone at best. She'll probably just be a palate swap... or maybe an alternate costume. I just see her making even clone status because it would be a waste of development time when a palate swap can do her justice.

Daisy Want: 1%
Only to make Cheezey Bites happy. I'm kind of indifferent to her in the Mario series... but I don't want her here. Waste of a character slot, in my opinion.

Captain Rainbow Prediction: 3.54%
Do people even know who he is? I hope so, but I don't expect so.

Ray x5
This should tie him with Omastar and hopefully he'll win the RNG duel.

So.. yeah... Let me explain:
In my group of friends we play Mario Party/Kart/Sports a lot, like any group of friends should, and I used to pick characters to my whim, but one girl (Saya) always picks Luigi, Meesha always picks Mario and a few others have their preferences too. I don't remember the game it originated from, though double dash is a possibility, but Meesha and her (then) Fiancé decided to pick Mario and Peach respectively, while Saya convinced me to play Daisy to make the rival couples... That night was the night me and Saya confessed to each other, and we've been together coming on 3 years now... I've picked Daisy in Mario spin off games ever since, and it's become a bit of a tradition.. a tradition I would love to pull over to Smash bros if it became a possibility... at least for drunken matches where I don't care how bad I am with the character, so yeah, I want Daisy 100%, though not for reasons of her own character really.
Wow. What a great story.

You hate daisy??? :surprised:
No, not at all. She's okay and I don't mind her at all. I was just saying that her hatebase would probably mess her day up. I just phrased that very awkwardly.

DAY OVER
HI, I'M GROOSE!
oh the horror... if he actually had that catchphrase...

Groose

Smash Champion
Daisy (Super Mario)
2.41% chance
13.14% want

Daisy's day... well...she beat Cole, Cloud, and Primid in want... so I guess it was a bit peachy? I dunno.

Today... oh boy. Captain Rainbow is perhaps one of the most interesting video games of all time. The objective, from what I gather, is to help out as many obscure, retro, and dated Nintendo characters as possible with their problems. The titular Captain Rainbow assisted the likes of Hikari, Lip, Birdo, Devil, Little Mac, and Takamaru. Unfortunately, the game never made it out of Japan and even there it sold so poorly that it will probably never be resurrected without external help. I do believe there is some mention of Sakurai liking the game, but I can't find the source for it. Anywho, please rate Captain Rainbow in chance and want today.

Tomorrow, we'll be rating Omastar Ray. Please predict how Ray will do in tomorrow's game. OcarinaofDoom and Louie G. win the extra noms today (it was close, too). Enjoy the extra five, guys.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm surprised Ray made all the way to the top of the nominations in a few days. :crazy:
He was getting about twenty a day. He actually tied Omastar for the top, though. Thank the heavens that he won the coin flip... Actually, Omastar won the coin flip so I made it best of three... and Ray won the next two. Favoritism.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Captain Rainbow Chance: 2% At this point he's super obscure, he's probably not gonna happen as a trophy, sticker, or character.
Captain Rainbow Want: 50% He would be pretty bizarre to have.
Ray prediction: 5.6% I can't really rate here, so I'm just gonna guess. The only popular character I hardly talk about.
Nominations:
x5 Dr. Kawashima
(Someone help me rate him, because 5 nominations is a very slow process between the Kawashima's x111 and Knuckles' x123)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
He was getting about twenty a day. He actually tied Omastar for the top, though. Thank the heavens that he won the coin flip... Actually, Omastar won the coin flip so I made it best of three... and Ray won the next two. Favoritism.
there was nothing you can do, and humanity thanks you for that,

Captain Falcon Rainbow - 4.17%
not the best of chances, there are much more better choices, along with him not being form the most well known game or him being the most well known character.
want - 55%
sparks a little interest, but mainly indifferent
prediction - 27.71%
wow a character with a actual good chance of getting in the game that is not a veteran, its been awhile
nomantion:
Dark pitX1
RoyX4

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Captain Rainbow - 1%. Only one game that was a huge financial failure... yeah. At this point it'd be more interesting to rate his chances to appear as a trophy.

Want - 15% - Only because he has a funny name and I would love to hear the announcer say it.

Ray - 6%

Nominate: Paper Mario x5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
OcarinaofDoom and Louie G. win the extra noms today (it was close, too). Enjoy the extra five, guys.
I won? I won!

CAPTAIN RAINBOW:

Chance: 5%
I really don't see it happening tbh. He's only had one game, and I don't see his game becoming a franchise, but who knows.

Want: 50%
He'd be pretty cool I guess. Lots of fun I'm sure, very random and flamboyant character, although Ghirahim beats him in the flamboyant category.

Ray Prediction: 7.5%
Honestly, he's got a better chance than tons of the people being nominated.

Noms:
x10 Palutena
Although I'm not sure. Can I save my extra 5? I will probably end up using them on Palutena anyway.

Morbi

Scavenger
You are just angry because you know Omastar is going to get 100% in the want category.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Thank the heavens that he won the coin flip... Actually, Omastar won the coin flip so I made it best of three... and Ray won the next two. Favoritism.
This game is corrupt!?! HOW FAR DOES THIS CONSPIRACY REACH? I thought this game was pure Groose! PURE.

Oh well, I'll build a bridge and get over it. Can we please have something else to vote on alongside Omastar? Please?

Nick Captain Rainbow
Chance: 3%
Oh god. Captain Rainbow could of been the coolest. He could of been a way to incorporate several retro picks into one character! Buuuuut....

Little Mac is possibly the MOST likely newcomer(not including returning Mewtwo) and Takamaru is a popular pick for a new retro character what with Nintendoland coming out and giving him mini game...and...actually...isn't that it that's going for Takamaru? Maybe Samurai Warriors 3?

Urgh, I'll save this rant for the rerate of him, but regardless with those two being quite popular picks and Captain Rainbow being MOSTLY known as a game that starred obscure Nintendo characters from yesteryear that were forgotten(and Little Mac and Birdo), Captain Rainbow's chances aren't too good. Especially since his main weapon is a yo-yo and well, dang son; Ness has a monopoly on those.

Want: 55%
I actually previously really liked the idea of Captain Rainbow using his obscure friends to aid him in battle, but after coming to Smashboards my want for this idea has died since hearing about the Little Mac leak and having converted to a (admittedly passive) supporter of Lip, I'm not sure if I can muster much more than this for want.

Ray-ting his chance:
18%. Tops. Ray's a bit forgotten about.

Nominations:
5 X Substantial Yoshi Changes (yarn, baby, etc)

D

Deleted member

Captain Rainbow
Chance: 5%
5% may be a bit high for him, but I do think that he has some chance at least. His game is… weird. Not only is the content weird and questionable at times, but the concept in it of itself is odd that I can only describe it as a "Reverse Smash Bros." Instead of fighting to the death with Nintendo's all-stars, you are instead helping the lives of very obscure Nintendo characters and help them grant their wishes. As we all know, Captain Rainbow BOMBED big time. In fact, the sales were so poor that the European release was cancelled and this game is strictly a Japan only release.
There are some things that are going for him however. While his support is very, very small, he does still have it. I'm surprised that he gets a mention on Miiverse or other sites. When people are on the topics of Little Mac, Takamaru, or Lip (with Little Mac and Takamaru being highly wanted), his game often comes up. Not only that, but he does fulfill the requirements made by Sakurai by being a unique character. While Ness uses a Yo-yo in two Smash attacks, Sakurai can make a whole moveset alone with the yo-yo and thus make him unique. Speaking of Sakurai, I heard that he likes the game… but I can't find a quote that says that (link please?). I definitely think that one thing that saves him is Sakurai's unpredictability. Why? Because if Sakurai does like Captain Rainbow, then he would be in consideration for Sakurai and he would probably be added into the game in some form. A character in the roster? I dunno. Most likely an Assist Trophy, Sticker, Trophy, or have Music from the game be in a stage. However, Captain Rainbow could represent the super obscure side of Nintendo and I think he fits into that role quite nicely.
Overall, there are some things going for him, but seeing him be playable is unlikely.
Want: 80%
I didn't troll vote this guy. I nominated him because I was rather interested in his game after watching a whole playthrough and I wondered what the board thought of him. I mean, his game is the exact opposite of Smash Bros., why isn't he or his game mentioned often? I guess it's the obscurity of course, but I was still rather curious.
As I was nominating him more and more, I wanted him more and more. He would be the perfect WTF character that absolutely no one could see coming. While I fully support Captain Rainbow as an Assist Trophy, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster. I don't think that I would play as him, but seeing him would be cool and I wouldn't be bothered by it.

Ray Prediction: 7.54%
I dunno what to expect in terms of Chance. But for want, I'm guessing that he will get a lot.

Nominations: Ninten 5x

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Captain Rainbow

Chance - 1.5% - The theme of forgotten characters makes him seem like a natural choice, but I'm not certain why they would go after him. The game tanked, the creators are more likely to vouch for Chibi-Robo, and is generally badly overshadowed.

Want - 35% - He's okay-ish. The yo-yo set might be interesting, but I'd rather actually put in an obscure character than have him stand in for them.

Ray Prediction - 43.7% - Should do better than what we have been getting, but still not all that great due to getting no games sense the GameCube/DS.

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
CAPTAIN RAINBOW!!!
Chance: 6%
Obscurity, HO! Seriously though, does anyone outside of this site know who this guy is? Apparently, his game sold about as well as cancer in a jar. He was exclusive to Japan, so that hurts his chances as well. Maybe he'll appear as an assist trophy, but maybe that's asking too much.
Want: 65%
HIS NAME IS CAPTAIN RAINBOW OF COURSE I WANT TO PLAY AS HIM. I mean, not even Captain Falcon can match the overall MANLINESS of this guy! If he's playable, then I will give Sakurai 10/10s for as long as I can live. Maybe I'm over-exaggerating, but I still want this guy in Smash.

Ray prediction: 40%
He's a character that people want, right?

Nominations
Banjo-Kazooie X5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Captain RAINBOW: 1%
Want: 50%
Ray: 10%
Nominate:
FE Newcomer (Not Chrom) x 5
Lucina x 5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Captain Rainbow's chances: 1% - Only has one Japan exclusive game that sold poorly. Probably a trophy at best.
Want: 60% - I'm a bit interested in him and his game.

Ray prediction: 17.09% - Wow, that was fast.

Prince Sable x5. I've run out of characters that I want, I'm just going to toss some votes to some retros now.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Captain Rainbow
Chance 5%
It would be surprising. But just surprising enough that it might just actually happen.
Want 80%
What can I say. I like surprises. And I think he would actually be really unique.

Ray Prediction 22%
YES! YES! WE DID IT! WE GOT HIM TO THE TOP! And before Omastar and Pauline!

Back on topic. I'm actually not sure what to expect. I want to say that he'd get solid ratings, but given that that it took so long for us to rate him, I really don't know.

Nomination
Dr. Kawashima x1 ('cause why not)
Excitebiker x4

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Captain Rainbow:
Likelihood: 2%
His game sold quite poorly and he's really unknown.

Want: 1%
I guess he'd complement Captain Falcon nicely, but I don't care.

Ray prediction: 5.6%

Dr. Mario x 5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character
Captain Rainbow
Chance: 5% the only one that can save him is Sakurai, so the hero needs to be rescue, how ironic.
Want: 50% Not bad, not good I think I will prefer first an Advance Wars character or Dillon than him.

Prediction
Ray: 60% can be a good character for the roster.

Nomination
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Non-Specific Action Figure (you see it too, don't you?): 0.5%

Want: 15%
Maybe it would be higher if I were more familiar with the character.

TEH REI prediction: 30.6%

Nominate: Isabelle x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Too bad Captain Rainbow isn't a gay character that would be very sophisticated for a character with that title him to be smashing with the bros especially with Captain Falcon. :troll:

chance 20% Where everybody else sees an almost impossible character I see an opportunity. He could be a troll surprise character, nobody would expect him. Yet his japan only exclusivity and lack of support and success I doubt he would get anything other than assist or trophy.
want 65% I find him interesting.

x5 Funky Kong

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Captain Rainbow - 3% His game is pretty weird to my knowledge, but that's not necesarily a bad thing. Thing is the game was rather unsucessful, and obscure. I guess he has a little bit of a chance, but not a good one. Not at all.

Want - 30% I honestly don't know much about the character himself. I guess him being in Smash could get him to grow on me.

x5 Count Bleck.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Captain Rainbow:

Chance: 1%
Maybe a bit generous for him, but Sakurai defies logic, and I can see him in the game purely on that.. however he doesn't make sense for inclusion, so his chances are pretty low.

Want: 25%
I've actually played the game, and it's pretty much how Groose describes it. It's quirky, funny and just plain odd... I liked it, but not enough to want him in Smash over any of the characters he interacted with, who ya know, actually have some history. He'd be a good Trophy, maybe some music can get over, but I think AT/Stage is too much to expect given the financial failure of his game.

Ray: 6%
No idea, no way to call it, and I haven't played his games so gonna have to abstain...

Tails*5
(When all alone in his sleep, he just goes about dreaming, he sees himself here, having the same Smash action)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom