• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Ray (Custom Robo)
12.95% chance
45.05% want

Ray may have placed just behind Karate Joe in chance, but he over doubled him in want. As a matter of fact, Ray's want score didn't fall too shy of the top ten in want; of all characters beneath him in chance, only Bomberman is more wanted. Not a bad day, eh? Of course, it could have better, as his chance score was nothing to write home about.

WE INTERRUPT THIS MESSAGE TO BRING YOU NEWS FROM THE COURTROOM.
WHAT... What is that thing. Mr. Wright? Mr. Edgeworth... anyone?
Your Honor? How am I supposed to know?
I.... I have no idea!

Um... well, that'd be... uh...?

ARGH! WHAT is that thing?
AGH! Monster!
THE...THE HORROR!
That's just Omastar, your honor. It's the Pokemon we're rating today. It's completely irrelevant.
Please rate Omastar in chance and want. I'd say double zeroes are appropriate today, Your Honor!
WARNING! CHALLENGER REAPPROACHING! In order to insure that today is not a wasted day, Palutena is also available for rerate. Currently rank 2 in chance and rank 3 in want, will the goddess of light be able to shine today? Or will she face the darkness? Please rate Palutena in chance and want.
Tomorrow we'll be rating Doctor Kawashima. Please predict how the good doctor will do in tomorrow's match... and start training your brain, will you? Simon Adebisi wins the extra noms today.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Omastar chance: 0.2% Nope :p
Omastar want: 0.4% There are better Pokemon like Armaldo.
Palutena Chance: 85% I'm very confident about Palutena, perhaps since he has a close relationship with Kid Icarus. There should be absolutely no reason he should say no, all the KI fans want it.
Palutena Want: 100%
Dr. Kawashima Prediction: 16.5% I can't predict the lovable floating doctor. :awesome:
Nominations:
x5 Nintendog

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Omastar want: 0%
Likelihood: 0%

Palutena want: 25%
Likelihood: 45%

Kawashima: 3.21%

Rhythm Heaven rep x5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wait, Omastar?

Alright, I'll get it over with.

OMASTAR

Chance: 0%
Omastar is one of those characters nominated that I literally have 0 hope for. It was never an incredibly popular Pokémon, nor is it relevant or requested.
So Omastar is likely one of the only 0%s you will ever see from me.

Want: 0.1%
So many better Pokémon to choose from.

Palutena?

I LOVE PALUTENA!

Chance: 85%
She is one of the few characters that I have the upmost confidence in being in Smash 4. She is popular, relevant, and important to her series. KI:U was a huge success, so I would be more surprised if Palutena DIDN'T make it than if she did.

Want: 100%
Palutena is great. She constantly breaks the fourth wall, she is extremely likable, very funny, and I may just have a little crush on her. Maybe. One of my most wanted newcomers by far, and I would be disappointed to see the final roster without Palutena.

Kawashima?

Alright, I'll stop.
I predict 5.25%. Only because Blue's rating will be the outlier that screws up the average.

Noms: Hmm...
Paper Mario x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Kabutops' ugly brother:

No

Want: 0.1%
That .1% is so I can kill it with a more deserving character.

Palutena:

Chance: 97%
The most wanted new character in Japan (from my experience); she does have some objection though with some opinion that she's too big/from a franchise that doesn't deserve a second rep/the rep should be a dark version of the rep we already have... Yeah, she does sound a lot like Ridley doesn't she? And for that reason I don't see Sakurai avoiding her, just because of the Hype she would bring domestically. And she has some rather noticeable popularity overseas too, unlike Ridley domestically...

I consider myself part of her overseas popularity, and think she would have a great playstyle. I'm all for her inclusion in smash 4.

Dr. Kawashima: 9.8%
A lot of ineligibility votes (like mine will be) but a character from a series who deserves smash praise... There will be people who rate his chances high, while others think a stage or AT is more befitting the series (like me), or at least more realistic given the lead character is a torso-less representation of a real person. I think he'll fall just short of double digits.

Tails*4
Slime*1
(Fatal Frame can wait, we need some good re-votes with all these unimportant characters.

D

Deleted member

Omastar
Want: 0%
… … … … …!

Now that Red is done taking over my account, let's rate someone with an actual chance. Pretty Palutena!
Palutena
Chance: 80%
If there was a second Kid Icarus rep, it would be Palutena. Not only is she important to the franchise, but she is quite popular. Having played a major role in all three games and being a good character in Uprising, it's no wonder why she has so many requests. In fact, Palutena has become a character that's hard for Sakurai to ignore… but ignoring her would be incredibly hard for him to do anyway since he worked on Uprising. Palutena's amount of requests is something that is extremely significant; not only is she highly wanted in the west, but Japan too! That a rare thing that both Palutena and King K. Rool share (except King K. Rool is more wanted). It really comes down to if Sakurai really wants to put her in the game as a playable character or still be a part of Pit's Final Smash. However, there really isn't anything that opposes her or her chances.
Want: 70%
To be honest, I rather have Hades than Palutena… but I know that won't happen. If she's in, that's great! I'll enjoy her inclusion! If not, then I won't cry or get upset over it. While I would like Palutena's inclusion, I'm fine with just Pit.

Dr. Kawashima Prediction: 2.91%
This could be interesting.

Nominations: Ninten 5x

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Random Pokemon of the day's chances: 0% - why
Want: 0% - seriously why

Palutena's chances: 70% - While Kid Icarus isn't the biggest series out there, it's not unheard of for a series with only a few games to get a second rep. Her popularity and importance should help her out.
Want: 85% - I want her, but she's not quite at the top of my list.

Dr. Kawashima prediction: 3.76% - No clue.

Muddy Mole x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Omastar

chance: 0%
Being a non-standout pokemon amongst 600 others, no chance whatsoever.

Palutena
Chance: 90%
She has alot going for her. She has a prominent role in all the KI games, had a personality created by Salurai, which hes stated that he " really likes her character" the only thing against her is Sakurai being modest about including his own "characters" (it technically was not made by him, but he gave life to her) considering King Dedede was planned to be in 64, I can see this happening.

Yes please.

Dr. Kawashima - 4.6%

Nominations:
Goemon x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Palutena
Chance 30%
I always felt that people really oversold this character. As a Kid Icarus character she's rather important, and probably the most important after Pit, but I never really understood why people think so much of her by putting on par with the likes of K. Rool, Little Mac, and Ridley. She's important sure, but far from the definitive rep for her series like Ridley, or K. Rool (although here is Dixie Kong). Even if she's the front-runner, there's still Medusa, Hades, and even Magnus, who could all very well get in instead. But the main reason I don't find her likely is because the series she represents doesn't even need a second character in the first place, especially after only having three games total. There's no way Kid Icarus is any more deserving of a second character now, than Zelda was for Smash 64, Kirby was for Melee, or F-Zero was for Brawl. And all of those series were much bigger than Kid Icarus, especially Kirby (another Sakurai series). Even after this being said, I'm not saying she has no chance, I just don't think she's even close to as likely as people say.
Want 35%
Even though I'm a HUGE Kid Icarus fan, she just doesn't interest me. As a fighter, that is.

Dr. Kawashima 6%

Nomination
Dark Samus x5

Oh yeah and double zeroes for Omastar

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Omastar:
Chance: 1%

Palutena

Chance: 65%: She's popular and seems to have high demad but the drawback is that she is from a series that really isn't in total need of a second character.

Want: 50% pretty indifferent, cool if she gets in but wouldn't be torn if she wasn't in.

Dr. Kawashima: 8% only because I know a certain someone will give him a high chance.

Lucina x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Omastar......Needs a Mega Evolution.
Chances: .5%- I don't want to explain. So I won't.
Want: 0%-

Dr. Floating Head that trolls me with riddles:
I'm Predicting.... 3%!- He's well known, but it's a floating head (I will admit, he's got hands). Come on!

Palutena
Chances: 95%- I have her in EVERY roster I make for Smash 4. She's pretty much the second most important character in the KI series. Fans are begging Sakurai for her inclusion. She and Little Mac are the only characters I believe have a near 100% shot.

Want: 100%- And why would I not want an amazing, four-wall-breaking, powerful, likely creative moveset Goddess?.

Who gets my Nominations Today?
Dr. Mario (Who in reality, would make a horrible Doctor.) X5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Omastar: 0.01% there's always a chance *gets shot*
Want: 5% not really a cool pokemon, rather have Beedrill before him.

Palutena: 75% she's a god and has made a few references herself to smash, so what's keeping her back?
Want: 90% she's got green hair, that pretty much sums it up. (great now ppl think I like lyn now. her hair isn't LONG guys it's totally different)

Kawashima: 3.6% personally not a fan but blupik11 has a thing for him so... yeah.

Noms:
Eevee x5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Even if she's the front-runner, there's still Medusa, Hades, and even Magnus, who could all very well get in instead. But the main reason I don't find her likely is because the series she represents doesn't even need a second character in the first place, especially after only having three games total.
First off, I don't really consider any KI character likely except for Palutena. She is far more important than the characters you mentioned and Medusa isn't even important in the long run, you know.
And for the small series with 2 reps thing...

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
First off, I don't really consider any KI character likely except for Palutena. She is far more important than the characters you mentioned and Medusa isn't even important in the long run, you know.
And for the small series with 2 reps thing...
I understand what you're saying, and I agree that she is far more likely and important than those other characters. They were just examples to show that there are still other options in the KI series that could outdo Palutena.

And yes small series can, and have gotten two reps. But that still doesn't make Palutena as likely as people say she is, imo. Like I said, not even F-Zero has gotten a second rep yet.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Groose, can you make sure that Dr. Kawashima's picture in the front OP is the one with hands, perhaps some people don't know that was given some in the most recent Brain Age game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oma...star...

A relatively obscure Pokemon as Gen 1 goes, hasn't really got anything going for it. Not used by anyone in the anime(to my knowledge) not even rock type user Brock dabbled with the creature from yesteryear. Largely ignored in favour of Kabutops by 90% of the people I know. Did not recieve a mega form. Ranked as the #88 most popular Gen 1 Pokemon on Dorkly's poll, which out of 151...isn't great, but nor is it terrible. It's worth noting he DID beat Meowth(#97) in that poll as well as Jigglypuff(#98) though!

Dome Fossils for me, thanks. Sorry Omastar, but you're one of the few Gen 1 Pokemon I forget exist.

PALUTENA
(Thanks Groose! Something else to rate!)
Chance: 60%
Kid Icarus could easily get another slot here. Palutena is by far the most popular character from Uprising, easily beating out Medusa in terms of sheer overall want from at least Smashboards. Whilst not a character created by Sakurai, she was given tons of personality and good lines within Uprising thus defining her character far beyond what KI's games of the past had managed. Obviously she's also the titular character in the Japanese games as well, which doesn't do anything to hurt her chances.

Want: 10%
That said I don't care. Like at all. She could be the best written character in the world, but that's not going to translate to a game where you kick several buckets of **** out of one another. In fact personality barely matters at all in a game like Smash. Luigi's cowardly expressions and Falcon's showboating are some of the few examples I can think of, but it's not like we're going to be able to chuckle at Palutena's witty one liners over and over and over. That will become tiresome fast. As fast as "You're Too Slow" in fact.

Another thing: Three games. Kid Icarus has had THREE games and a really stupidly long hiatus. There's no plans for any further games either, and thus I can't see why Kid Icarus deserves more than one representive. I felt the same way when Lucas turned up regarding Earthbound and to be honest, I still do. Palutena would undoubtably be a fantastic addition I'm sure, but it's only three games and Palutena didn't do anything of interest in the first two games. Had it not been for Sakurai's personality bestowing in Uprising, not a single person on Smashboards would give a single second thought about this goddess of light. Hell, they were all rooting for Medusa at one point!

Pit got in, and I was fine with that. I just think it's too early to include additional characters for the series unless they're planning to continue the franchise. My feelings would be the same for any series with less than five games under it's belt. Too soon.

In b4 hate responses for not wanting one of the "Elite Four".

Dr. Kawashima: Dammit Bluepikmin11! 100% want rating from you, maybe around the 40% for your chance.
I'm going to guesstimate 2% for chance overall.

Nominations:
5 X Substantial Yoshi Changes (Yarn, Baby, etc.)

Why do I have a feeling Yoshi will be revealed before I get this to 100?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
OMASTAR
Chance: .1%
Want: 100% wynaut?

PALE TUNA:
Chance: 80%

DR. FLOATING HEAD: 4.5%

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Groose, can you make sure that Dr. Kawashima's picture in the front OP is the one with hands, perhaps some people don't know that was given some in the most recent Brain Age game.
I was aware of it, ya know. XD

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Omastar

Chance - None - Tell me when a fossil Pokémon appears in the flesh. Seriously, to date there has only been a spiral fossil and Aerodactyl skeleton in the Ground Arena of Pokémon Stadium 2.

Want - Nada - The paleontologist inside me likes the fossil Pokémon, but he's a bottom dweller among my favorites of the category. Give me a Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Anorith, or Archen before an Omastar. It should also be noted that I like the design of the Pre-evolved forms of Fossils more, so... yeah.

Palutena

Chance - 89% - I think back in the old days I was a bit lenient on her. Yes, she is one of the most popular and well liked newcomers, and is from a very successful new installment from a recently revived franchise that Sakurai himself helmed. She's obviously at the forefront of Kid Icarus Newcomers, though my thoughts on getting one have soured a bit by doubts and realism. Still one of the most likely characters, though.

Want - 100% - Despite that, she still is my #1 wanted character. Uprising may be one of my favorite games I will ever play, and may even be may favorite game of all time. I still come back to playing it despite having it for what, almost a year? Palutena's one of those things that just made the game so great. Man, I still don't think I have found out all the conversations with her...

Dr. Kawashima Prediction - 0.98% - On the higher side of "Never going to happen," mostly due to doubts raised by WFT and some actual support that he somehow got.

Nominations
Hades X3
Dark Matter X2

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I knew this day would come...
*looks at ratings*
Eh **** you guys I'll just party by myself

Chance: .5% I have a very elaborate plot and there's about a .5% chance considering the factors of me actually following through with it and EVEN worse, it actually working =P
Want: 100% I know smash bros is intended for Nintendo ALL STARS (Well he has star in his name =P) and all, but honestly the pokemon roster isn't that interesting. It would be a glorious day when the pokemon that actually bring something interesting to the table (A pokemon that punches and kicks stuff with umm... Aura energy is the best they could come up with last round) instead of what's more marketable. And though I will admit Omastar isn't the front runner in this situation he is pretty much the Holy Grail of potential smash bros characters for me (maybe he'll cameo in pokemon stadium 3 =P) due to this. The world where Omastar is a plausible addition is a beautiful one folks.

That other *****
80% Most likely Kid Icarus character, doesn't make her a shoe in but decently close to that.
Want: 50% I have no personal attachment to her whatsoever but I can get behind it (if you know what I'm saying)

Kawashima: 3.5%

Bulborb x5

EDIT:
Also side note Groose how did no cuts from Brawl do? Oh wait...
2. No Cuts: 32.80% chance, 57.91% want
>57.91% want
I don't even...

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Omastar

Chance - 0%

Want - 65%
One of my favorite water pokemon tbh ;)

Palutena

Chance - 70%
Shes a highly requested character overseas and in japan (where the game is made). To raise her chances even further, shes part of the series that Sakurai himself revived recently. Even with these two things going for her, i don't think its really concrete to say shes "guaranteed to be in"

Want - 55%
Shes okay.

Dr. Kawashima - 3.1%
I think a majority of people will be rational with this one.

x5 Pauline

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Omastar
0%
everywhere

now to the interesting part...

Palutena
Chance - 90%
I'm going to echo what other people say here: it'll be more suprising if she doesn't happen. And in that sense, I am perfectly comfortable rating her as high as doubtful veterans. She has everything going for her:
Sakurai knows her
she can bring a unique moveset to the game
she's one of the best developed female characters in a Nintendo franchise
she's the titular character of her series (Palutena's Mirror) just like Zelda
fans east and west want her
Sakurai is placing Kid Icarus at the level of franchises like Donkey Kong and Metroid. So Kid Icarus getting a second rep is like asking for a well-deserved third rep for Donkey Kong or a real second rep for Metroid. Comparing KI getting a second rep to F-Zero getting a second rep is delusional at best.

Seriously, the only reason she's not much higher is the fact that Sakurai is completely unpredictable and that what kept Dedede from being in Smash for two generations may now work against Palutena. That said, the fact is she makes sense and the reason she's so wanted speaks to how many fans know she belongs in the game. That merits veteran level ratings.

Want 100%
Kid Icarus: Uprising was a masterpiece and easily one of my favorite games of all time. Palutena was easily my favorite character, stealing the show with fantastic character and dialogue, which is saying something in a game with Hades, Viridi and Pyrrhon.

Prediction
Dr. Kawashima - 4.57%
some will rate higher due to the whole wii fit demographic mattering now, but most will probably rate low due to design issues.

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Heaven rep ... I thought I cared about seeing Sheriff rated, but seeing how blatantly people keep ignoring Rhythm Heaven as a new, successful Nintendo franchise makes me want to talk more about it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Omastar:
Chance:0%
Want:0% XD (I love it,but in smash,no...)
-Palutena
Chance:70%
Want:50%
-Dr.Kawashima: Ok BluePikmin11... 5% ,Are you happy?
BANDANA DEE X5

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't think Dr. Kawashima will have any design issues here, the polygons for the head and hand are easy to do, those are literally the only body parts required for the character.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Omastar:

Really? While there are a TON of Pokémon to choose from, you voted for THIS one?

I'd be okay with any Pokémon newcomer. Except ones that have no significance to the series whatsoever and are just completely random.

Palutena:

Chance: 75%
With her being a secondary main character of a series revived BECAUSE of Smash, I'd say she'd have a pretty good chance of getting in.
Want: 20%
Well, I'd actually prefer more obscure KI reps, believe it or not. I'd actually rather have Viridi or, get this, Pyrrhon.

Dr. Kawashima: 5%
It's a floating head... with hands... that gives you math problems... Sorry BluePikmin, but I just don't see it happening. Myself, I think that Kawashima would be a good boss character.

Nominations: Silver the Hedgehog x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Homsar: 0%
It goes without saying.

Want: 5%
I'd mostly be confused if Omastar actually was playable.

Dr. Kawashima prediction: 2.03%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
. . . . . . that thing . . . . . . - 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

want - 0%
I only have one thing to say to that . . . . . . thing
your not welcome here.png

Palutena - 56.44%
probably the most likely kid Icarus rep, but even saying that, makes it that its not a guarantee, but there is a very good chance of getting one, and Palutena has the most likely chance.
Want - 75%
not my most wanted character, or even my most wanted character from kid Icarus, but would be liked and welcomed addition to the roster.
blue's doctor - 5.15%
I don't know, just guessing
nomination:
RoyX4
Dark pitX1

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Omastar:
Chance: .03%

HE ISN'T A STAR!!!!!!

Palutena:
Chance: 75%
Pretty much guaranteed if KI gets another rep.

Want: 30%
At least my rage from Oma....Oma.."STAR" is done...maybe...Of course it isn't!!!

Prediction for the Doc: 1.22%

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Omastar: ZEROOOOOOOOO TIMES INFINITY... IS STILL ZERO.

predict: 2%

Travis Touchdown x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Omastar:
Chance: Just round it to 0% for me. I'd say .001%, but you know how that goes.
Want: 2% ...eh.

Palutena:
Chance: I'm not nearly as confident about her inclusion as many here, but I'd give her a solid...57%.
Want: 90% I recently saw a playthrough of KI:U, so I fell in love with the character...but she's behind a few people for me.

Predicion for Dr. Kawashima:
I expect him to get about 3.7% chance, even if I do think he has at least a 10% chance.

Nominations:
x5 Daitoryo

(decided to come back to this thread)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
honestly though Omastar won't even make it into the pokemon specific fighting game when that comes out.

he's just not built for a fighter.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
honestly though Omastar won't even make it into the pokemon specific fighting game when that comes out.

he's just not built for a fighter.
Agreed. When I built my hypothetical max/planned roster for Pokken Fighters, I still couldn't bring myself to include him. And that was like 70 characters.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Agreed. When I built my hypothetical max/planned roster for Pokken Fighters, I still couldn't bring myself to include him. And that was like 70 characters.
oh hey I have a group for that now I'm just going to assume you want to join and invite you, okay?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm interested! I've actually thought about a Pokémon only roster, but I couldn't really figure it out.
Maybe you guys could help.
alright, I'll invite you too, but be aware it's a group for a game that's probably really in development.

anyone else before I don't mention this again for a while?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
God damnit OG fossil pokemon are important enough for a pokemon exclusive roster >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom