• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
OH MAN I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS! I'M IN A BIT OF A HURRY NOW, SO ONCE I GET HOME I'LL MAKE IT ALL FANCY LIKE I USUALLY DO NGGGG
Well, I came back, so time to tidy up!

Blunder Red
Likelihood: 24% - He just seems too recent to be considered. I doubt he'll make it in.
Want: 15% - Meh. Never played TW101, so I've got no connection with him. He's cool, though.

Ridley Scott
Likelihood: 86% - Pyrosphere Schmyrosphere. As long as he's not confirmed as a stage hazard (even then, that'd be his clone, not the real deal), Ridley isn't in a bigger threat of not being included.
Want: 100% - I like me some space dragoons.

(insert a Suky Pon here)
Prediction: 14% - I'll miss those puns...

NOMS
Zero (Megaman) X5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Wonder Red chance=5%

Wonder Red want=0.5%

Sukapon prediction=5%

Nomination=5xNeku and Shiki

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Wonder Red
Chance 4%
I don't think he made a big of an impact yet. Maybe next time.
Want 65%
I'm cool with just about any new series getting in.

Ridley
Chance 50%
Ridley is just about as 50/50 as it gets. Explaining my full reasoning would take way too long, so....yeah.
Want 100%
Obviously

Sukapon Prediction 5.5%

Nomination
Two Retro reps x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Wonder Red
chance 1.01%
want 1.01% :troll:

I'm kidding put my want at 25% I don't know the character too well to want him but he reminds me of viewtiful joe (with fries on his head) so that's enough to be somewhat interested in him. I don't expect him though and as a 1 game character like some assist trophies in Brawl I more or less expect him to be assist material more than anything.

Ridley
chance 75%
want 75%

He's popular and important, it could go either way but I feel he's in the safer zone.

x5 Funky Kong ;)

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Wonder Red
Chance - 5%
Want - 10%

Ridley
Chance - 80%
Want - 95%

Sukapon prediction 5%

I don't know much about Wonder Red or his game. I mistook him for a Viewtiful Joe Character when I first saw him. The few people that did say that went to play wonderful 101 never talked the game afterwards, which usually is a bad sign, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo either wants famous characters or characters that were historicaly significant to Nintendo.

I've never heard of Sukapon or joy mech fight outside of smashboards. Some of the same deal with wonder Red.

Ridley
1. Everyone I know that plays the Metroid series, loves Ridley, and he's my favorite character from that series. Ridley is also one of the very few recurring characters in the series.
2. Quite a few of the other game series have their villain/anti-heros. Ridley is the last Villain that has a very large impact on it's whole franchise. Samus is also the only character from Smash 64 that has not had another character added from her series in later games, perhaps this will get noticed.

I'll avoid saying all the reasons why I want Ridley in. We don't really need anymore essays saying why people love Ridley. :)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Wonder Red

Chance - 0%
A bit too new/recent to be in i think

Want - 60%
Don't care. But he seems cool...

Ridley

Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

Sukapon - 3.5%

x5 Pauline

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ridley
Chances-80% Really, nothing has changed from last time to now aside from the Pyrosphere being a red herring so far with nothing becoming of it. So about the same rating as before.
Want-100% Easily one of the characters I want the most in the game.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Wonder Red

Chance: 1% - If he's a third party character who isn't a legend or at least well loved, then he falls flat on his face right there.

Want: 20% - Not interested

Now for the big fish...

Ridley

Chance: 20% - Yeah, I gave him a low chance rating because I just feel he is to the pyrosphere stage what the Yellow Devil is to the Megaman Stage.

Want: 50% - Still neutral.

Sukapon Prediction: 1.45% - One of the few characters with the dubious honor of being directly shot down by Sakurai himself.

Nominations:
Fawful x5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wonderful red

Likely hood 10%
Unfortunately i would have ben way higher before but his game past and no special announcement

Want 60%
Never played his game but i like him

Ridley
(really this guy gets a round 3)

Likely hood 80%
Much better vote for me with too. Link confirmed the skepicals loose on if ridley is hazard hes deconfirmed. Ridley can get the same thing like toon link. and plus there has ben a lot of pictures of pyrosphere and still no sign of ridley big help for ridley of not being a hazard. Oh by the way don't even think about saying hes too big too cheap can't get a moveset crap. Its all possible for ridley

Want 100%

Thats like asking if you want to own a lamborgini

Groose

Smash Champion
Wonder Red: 5%
I feel as if they would have teased him by now if he were playable. The world is turning, you see, and we must turn with it. He's old news.

Wonder Red Want: 50%
Pretty cool guy... but I haven't played his game and there are even cooler ones out there.

Ridley Chance: 66%
I've dropped down... I'm just not sure anymore... the only thing I am sure about is...

Ridley Want: 100%
He will always be my second most wanted newcomer. Only his or King K. Rool's confirmation can change that.

Sukapon Prediction: 5.25%
There's a dark, dark secret to this guy. His score will depend on how many people know it.

No Cuts From Brawl x5

DAY OVER
HERE COMES GROOSE!

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Ridley
Likely hood 0% he's in the pyrosphere stage so he's not going in Ssb4.
Want 0% not a big fan of him.

Groose

Smash Champion
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
8.05% chance
37.10% want

I wouldn't call that day "wonderful," though I suppose he could have done much worse. Many cite his "newness" as his greatest downfall... so perhaps he'll be more seasoned when the next smash rolls around.

Ridley (Metroid)
71.38% chance (previously 69.95%)
84.80% want (previously 84.13%)

Pyrosphere deconfirming Ridley? NAH! You guys seem to agree that it does very little to or even HELPS his chances. Even with some "too big" being thrown around, he still outperformed both of his pre-Pyrosphere scores. Chalk one up for the big guy!

Today we'll be rating Sukapon. Like Rayman, he's famous for his lack of limbs; Sukapon also originates from a fighting game and Sakurai has commented on him in the past. Although this comment was basically along the lines of "don't expect him," times have changed... he said pretty much the same thing about Villager. Will Sukapon make the cut? Please rate Sukapon in chance and want.

WARNING! CHALLENGER RE-APPROACHING! Little Mac has been at the very top of the newcomer's chance list since we first rated him months ago. Can he successfully defend his title? Please rate Little Mac in chance and want.

Andy from Advance Wars managed to squeak by Mr. Wright on the nominations list. I've yet to hear any objections. Please predict how Andy will fare in tomorrow's game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sukapon Chance: 4% Sakurai said fighting game characters aren't aloud in this game, this might be applying to Sukapon.

Sukapon Want: 60% Would be neat to have Nintendo's first fighting game character.
Andy Prediction: 9%

Little Mac Chance: 95% Pretty much everything from the leak to the boxing ring stage, Little Mac is a guarentee.
Little Mac Want: 60% Meh never played Punch-Out!

Nominations:
Dr. Kawashima x5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Sukapon
Chance: 1% I don´t seen him as a contender, especially when Sakurai has mention that we would not expect him as a playable character, so why does he has a chance again? The only outcome I can see for this character would be in the form as Assist Trophy and thats a big maybe.
Want: 60% Sukapon can be unexpectedly be a great choice for a spot in the roster, especially because of all the other robots that you get or fight against have special abilities, really interesting character, it has a great moveset potential and a really nice movepool from where to take inspiration for, in his fighting style.

Little Mac
Chance: 99.99% Seriously between the ring box stage, the leak, being an assist trophy in the preview Smash, highly requested by the west and finally a recent game in the Wii, if all these hints dosen´t scream he is "IN", I don´t know what else.
Want: 70% Until I don´t see more of how he would play I can´t rate him higher.

Andy
Prediction: 33.33%

Nomination
Donbe and Hikari x 5

.n_n.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wow. Very surprised to see Ridley score even higher than previously. Glad to see people have realized that the Pyrosphere comment was nothing but a nod towards Ridley and a tease to the fans.

Either way:

Sukapon:

Likelihood: 5% - Sakurai seems to have had some kind of personal vendetta against the poor guy previously, stating he wasn't ever going to show up in a Smash Bros game or something to that extent. However, that was back in the Melee days, and as we've seen with Villager, he can change his mind. However, we can't cling to that with all of the characters Sakurai has comment on unfavorably. Plus, Sakurai seems to have something against adding in other fighting game characters, so yeah. 5% for his prestige of being Nintendo's first fighting character and a Retro character, but nothing to find beyond that.

Want: 65% - Definitely my most wanted and only wanted Retro character. He's so simple, but that's his charm, reminds me a bit of R.O.B, except this guy has the neatness of floating limbs but lacks the lasers. Would definitely enjoy his inclusion.

Little Mac:

Likelihood: 85% - Still the potential newcomer I rate the highest. He's just so dead obvious. He's easy to include in that he's a human figure who already fights all the time (and Punch Out is a sports game, not a fighting game) and has great potential for a moveset, and he's also very requested and had a recent renewal. The only thing that goes against his chances is his lack of popularity in Japan, but honestly, most newcomers seem to lack popularity in Japan right now, so Sakurai ought to look elsewhere. It might also be hard to implement a character who doesn't kick, but whatever, nothing Sakurai and his team can't handle, and it makes him even more unique.

I said in my Ridley rating it was ridiculous to rate any newcomer 85%, but thinking things through, Little Mac is easy to throw up there. I'm never gonna be 100% on any newcomer, because I feel the poll of newcomers this time around is much more shaky compared to the Brawl times where we had Diddy Kong, Dedede and Wario as 100% inclusions, and you never know with Sakurai either. But if you think about it, only having 15% against a character's inclusion is a fairly huge advantage either way.

Want: 80% - I'm not a huge Punch Out fan, but Little Mac really seems like a character who'd be so fun to play as, and he has more than earned his way into Nintendo's All Stars game. Yes please.

Andy Prediction: 7% - Was a somewhat popular choice during the Brawl times, but I see that his popularity has fallen a lot over the years.

Nominations:
5x Four DK Characters

D

Deleted member

Sukapon
Chance: 3%
I think Sakurai acknowledges Sukapon, but I don't think he is entirely interested in Sukapon. He has everything to make him viable in Smash thanks to Joy Mech Fighting, but even with that being said, I doubt he will go over other retro characters like Takamaru.
Want: 30%
He would be cool to have as a limbless fighter, but I rather have other retro characters, like Takamaru, get on the roster before him. Sorry Sukapon, maybe Smash 5.

Little Mac
Chance: 95%
I am this sure that Little Mac will be in the game! Punch Out!! started as an arcade game (with a sequel, Super Punch Out!!, and a spin-off game), but Little Mac made his name with Punch Out!! for the NES where he and his game became pretty popular. After Super Punch Out!! though... he fell off the radar for a long time. While he appeared in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, he became a mostly obscure Nintendo character (as shown by his appearance in Captain Rainbow). But, Little Mac rose once again with Punch Out!! for the Wii getting a good amount of sales and even became a part of Nintendo Selects. So, Little Mac has a major history as a part of Nintendo.
History aside, I think his series' resurrection helps him because, again, it made him more popular. Not only that, but Little Mac is a highly demanded character. While he isn't wanted as much by people in Japan, he is highly wanted in the US! Just because he is wanted in one area doesn't hurt his chances since a majority of the people who wanted Pit in Brawl were people from the US. Numerous fans and critics want to see Little Mac enter the ring before Brawl and now before SSB4. However, I don't think his chances in Brawl are nearly as strong here. It has come to the point where Little Mac is an incredibly hard character for Sakurai to ignore and he has to feature him in the game somehow. In fact, I think Sakurai has mentioned that he likes Punch Out!! and he even called Little Mac "legendary" on his Assist Trophy page on Brawl's Dojo!! website. Little Mac does meet the requirements for Smash as he is popular and would bring in a new fighting style to the Smash series. While we have seen boxing styles in other fighting games, we've never had a boxer in any Smash game.
I should also mention that boxing arena stage. I always thought that it was odd that there wasn't one until now... and now I think that it's the home stage for Little Mac. As I was in the original Rate Their Chances Returns thread, I found a link to this post in the Little Mac thread:
The boxing stage might as well be a Punch Out!! stage.
All in all, I think that it comes down to if Sakurai wants to have Little Mac in the game and why wouldn't he? Again, he is an incredibly hard character to ignore at this point and he would generate a lot of hype! Maybe not the same level of hype Mega Man brought or Mewtwo would bring, but still a lot of hype! Also, I don't believe in the leak, but I think he's going to be in the game regardless.
One more thing. If people think that Little Mac is de-confirmed because of this image:

Then I totally disagree with you. Just because the Villager is using boxing gloves doesn't mean it's a direct reference to Punch Out!!. I think that it would be if those gloves were green like Little Mac's.
Ultimately, it comes down to Sakurai. There's so much going for him. Though, to be honest, this is probably the best chance he is going to get. If he doesn't get in now, then he might have trouble getting in SSB5 and later installments.
Want: 100%
I probably would have given Little Mac an 80% want before the DDoS. However, I found a copy of Punch Out!! for the Wii and it made me want Little Mac more and more! I love that game and it's an incredibly fun puzzle game! I loved that game so much that Little Mac instantly became my most wanted newcomer for SSB4. He just fits in so perfectly with the cast and crew of SSB that I would honestly be heavily disappointed if he wasn't playable. Heck, he would probably be one of my mains! I don't care if he is Meta Knight good or Ganondorf bad, I would still play as Little Mac often!

Whew... finally got that out of my system. :) Sorry for the long post!

Andy Prediction: 7.25%
I think that he does have a chance. But, we haven't seen him in a long time... I bet some will give him 5s and 10s.

Nominations: Captain Rainbow 5x

EDIT: I just noticed something on the nominations list:
X12 Amaterasu (Okami)
X5 Ammy (Groose doesn’t know)
Groose, Ammy is the nickname for Amaterasu from Okami. :p That nickname was given by the character Issun in-game. So, Amaterasu should have 17 votes. Any time you see "Ammy x*insert number here*", give those nominations to Amaterasu.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
I love that game and it's an incredibly fun puzzle game!
wat? Anyway...
Sukapon

Chance: 5.1%

Sakurai openly said to "not expect Sukapon", but I still think he has a slim chance. What really hurts him is the fact that he's just soooooooooooo obscure nowadays, I mean, Joy Mech Fight was released nearly 20 years ago exclusively to Japan and hasn't had another game since then. Also Sakurai has a certain vendetta towards putting fighting game characters in Smash, which honestly doesn't make much sense to me.

Want: 70%

Obscurness aside, Sukapon is one of, if not my most wanted retro character for Smash 4. He would bring a lot of charm to the roster and he has great moveset potential. He can use his moves from JMF, or maybe other character's moves from JMF. The fact that he has no limbs, though, would probably make his hitbox hard to program? But still, Sukapon for Smash; it must happen.

Little Mac

Chance: 85%

Little Mac is definitely one of the most requested newcomers for Smash 4, there's no denying that. He also comes from a very popular NES game, and was revitalized with a very successful and acclaimed Wii remake (a Wii-make if you will). It just makes too much sense to put him in Smash. Even if his moveset is nothing but punches, he would still be a worthwhile addition to Smash. Also one of the new stages is a boxing ring, so...

Want: 99.1%

I want-NO, NEED Little Mac in the next Smash. I would main the hell out of him for real. I wouldn't even care if he ends up sucking, I would still play as him.
And I don't have much else to say (other than I still want King. K Rool more than him).

Andy predictions: 15%

lol never played advance wars so yea

Nominations:
Banjo-Kazooie X3
Heracross X2

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Little mac
Chance - 90%
Want - 50%

Excluding the Nintendo titans, Punchout is one of the more talked about games for the NES whenever people talk about NES games, so it has the popularity behind it.
Then Punchout got a new game for the Wii, which increases it's chances as well (and I've heard nothing but good things about that game).

I've only played the original Punch Out on the NES when I was a kid. When it comes to things I remember about that game from most memorable to least memorable it's like this
1. The fight music
2. The enemies you face
3. Mario is the referee
4. Jogging scene+coach.
5. Mac's dumb+goofy smile.

I will think Nintendo would be crazy not to at least include the punchout theme for the boxing arena stage. If Mac gets added, I also hope that mario gets a referee skin so they can duke it out to the punch out theme in the boxing ring.

When it comes to wanting him in the game, I only want him in because of the underdog boxer thing, and because he's a classic.
Mac himself is just boring to me, and I'm afraid that when the moves get made they will be making mac rather boring (like Mario type of boring. fighting/playing as him is boring, and even watching professionals play him is boring in comparison to other characters on the smash rosters). I can totally be wrong on this, it's just that I find it highly likely that will happen (maybe street fighter, a good majority of boxing/fighting games are to blame for making boxing style look boring). In the world of video games, anything is possible, we'll just have to wait and see what they can do to make mac look like a fun character to play+fight+watch.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sukapon

Chance - 7% - While Sakurai could change his mind, I don't see why he would do so. If I remember correctly, he said that he would instead have Sukapon be a Trophy instead to honor him... which didn't happen. While he may be one of Nintendo's first fighting games, he doesn't seem all that notable otherwise.

Want - 60% - As research, I managed to find an online version of Joy Mech Fight online. While Sukapon feels like a natural fit into Smash, he's nothing particularly special. While I would probably enjoy his inclusion, Sukapon is not exactly someone I could get exited over.

Little Mac

Chance - 99% - I consider the boxing ring to be a Punch-Out!! stage. While Sakurai could throw us a curveball, I consider him all but confirmed at this point.

Want - 89% - Not exactly my most wanted character, but definitely up there. I'd definitely would be happy with him.

Andy - 5.75% - Seems to have fallen big time. Doubting many high scores.

Nominations

Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Sukapon
Chance: 6%
Like most, not impossible but unlikely
Want: 0%

Little Mac
Chance: 95%
Hes all but confirmed IMO, hes highly requested, popular, and he (might) already have a stage. Bland moveset? How many boxing characters have we had before?... none.
Want: 90%
Again, boxing character, yes please.

Andy: 7.2%

Nominations:
4 DKC characters x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Sukapon chance=0.1%

Sukapon want=0%

Little Mac chance=95%

Little Mac want=10%

Nomination=5xNeku and Shiki

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sukapon time!
Chance: 5%
Only because of a possible Villager situation.
Want: 50%

Little Mac Enters the Ring!
Chance:100%
Going out on a limb here, but he's the only newcomer that I feel 100% certain will make it. Between his legacy, his revival, his popularity, and the basically-confirmed Punch-Out!! stage, I think he's the only true unrevealed newcomer shoo-in.
Want:100%

Predicting a 9.56% for Andy
Nominating Sheik x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Sukapon's chances: 5%

Little Mac's chances: 95%
Want: 100%

Andy prediction: 9.87%

Phoenix Wright x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Dang it I have Written this down three times now but I keep forgetting to post it.
Sukapon: 3%
Want: 10%

Little Mac: 50%

Andy: 3.01%

x5 Chancellor Cole (I have given up on tying with omastar)

Sukapon Music (sorry I haven't given much music out lately I haven't really known any of the characters very well): Theme of the Tiger
Mewtwo: Kanto Legendary - X & Y

D

Deleted member

I read in a Nintendo Power interview from the developers of Punch Out!! for the Wii that it's a puzzle game rather than a fighting game. While I understand people would think it's a fighting game, it makes sense that it is a puzzle game as you recognize and remember patterns from the opponents so you can get faster times. You have to time your punches properly to get a Star and you have to use those Star Punches properly at the right moments. There are also specific weaknesses and One Hit KO maneuvers you can do to some of the opponents... you just have to find them and figure them out.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sukapon
Chances-5% Sakurai was not kind to him and while opinions do chance I can't say I'm holding out much hope for the poor guy.
Want-50% Ambivalent

Little Mac
Chances-95% There's no other newcomer that I think has this much a chance and he has a lot going for him right now.
Want-85% A cool newcomer I'd like to see.

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
Sukapn

5% chance. It all depends on if Sakurai changed his opinion at some point. If so, his chances could be much higher than we think.
50% want. Fun character and I really enjoyed Joy Mech Fight.

Little Mac

99.9% chance. I won't echo what has already been said well enough.
100% want. Simply put, the time has come for Little Mac to stand amongst the greats of Nintendo. Ditto for Ridley, K. Rool, and Toad.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sukapon
Chances - 5%
Want: 5%

Lil Mac:

He's got so much going for him I really do think there's not a slightest chance of him not making it in.

Want: 90%

Andy: 7.65%

Noms:
Ammy x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sukapon
Likelihood: 1%
Will Sakurai change his mind? That is only one thing standing in his way. The other is Sakurai's reluctance to include fighting game characters.
Want: 0%
No thanks. If I wanted floaty arms and rather have Rayman. I feel the design is painfully generic, even for the NES age.

Little Mac
Likelihood: 90%
I really hate giving a character such a high percentage, but there isn't a whole lot standing in his way. He had an awesome game last generation, but he's also popular from his NES game. He is probably the only classic NES character missing (Wars is missing, but it wasn't international until Advance Wars).
Want:100%
The greatest character currently not in Smash. Period.

Prediction:
Andy: 16.78%

Nominations:
Beast Ganon x5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Sukapon

Chance - 1%
Want - 14%

Little Mac

Chance - 69%
The stage definitely increases his chances. Hes like the only newcomer i can rate high atm. There is a possibility that he could be a no show. There was an animal crossing stage last game with no character to represent it. So who knows.
Want - 70%
I always felt smash bros was missing its designated boxing character (something i always see in fighting games). it'll fill in a void for me....

Andy - 4.5%

x5 Pauline

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Sukapon
Chance: 6%
Want: 45% I don't know **** about him but he seems like he'd be a quirky looking and interesting choice (I'd main 'im =P)

Little Mac:
85% If that boxing ring was not made with Little Mac specifically in mind then probably not, other wise he's one of the most likely choices

Andy: 12.5%

Omastar x3
Bulborb x2

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Sukapon
chances 25% There's the possibility of Sakurai retracting his words and possibly consider him, especially his roots in a fighting game.
want 1% He doesn't seem interesting to me.

Little Mac
chances 90% He's one of those characters that seem incredibly likely. He's got his own series, and is well known, I don't really know what else to say.
want 25% Not exactly a character that's got my interest but he's alright.

Funky Kong x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Sukapon: 3%
Just because Sakurai likes the series doesn't necessarily mean he's important or interesting enough to get into Smash.

Want: 5%
As much as I am a fan of giant mecha, Sukapon doesn't really excite me. Perhaps it's due to his small stature and his entirely non-mechanical appearance. Suck Upon THAT.

Little Mac: 67.5%
I'd make a bunch of boxing-related puns here about Little Mac being a top contender, but I don't know enough about boxing to do so.

Want: 75%
Assuming that he can get past the "no fighting game characters" rule, it'll be interesting to see a Smash character who fights using an actual martial art.

Andy prediction: 19.5%

Nominate: Klonoa x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
SukaPon(ch):
Chance: 7%
Sukapon's a natural fighter, but Sakurai has stated in the past that he wants to avoid adding fighting game characters into Smash Bros. He has changed his mind on quite a few things he's said in the past, and he seems to enjoy throwing his fans off from his trail of logic on a regular basis. Especially during this Smash Bros, as the Pokemon X/Y update pretty much cemented his enjoyment of messing with us all.
That said, Sukapon isn't exactly a character a lot of people are clamouring for, so I'd be relatively surprised if he gets included.

Want: 2%
Honestly before returning to SmashBoards I had never even heard of Sukapon. I can't say I played his game, I can't say I find him a particularly interesting looking character or someone I'd be interested in playing. I can think of several characters I'd prefer that fit a similar role.

Little Mac:
Chance: 72%
Little Mac is probably the most likely newcomer(by which I mean a totally new newcomer; not a returning) yet to be revealed. There's that leak, there's a boxing ring, and there is most definately fan demand for his inclusion.

Want: 60%
I like Little Mac, don't get me wrong(quite a lot even), but I'm struggling to imagine much of a moveset for him. I'm sure it could be interesting, but having an entire moveset revolving around punching seems limited. Doc being involved in some way however would increase this want to a solid 90%.

Andy: 12.3%
Andy is the most famous face of the Advance Wars, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough to get a higher rating than this.

Nomination:
Syrup X 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sukapon:
Likelihood: 10%
I think he's fair game now, despite Sakurai's comment. A Villager-like situation can happen.

Want: 60%
I've played Joy Mech Fight, and I can say he fits perfectly in a Smash environment. His design is a bit strange, but I still like it. He has a ROB-like charm to him. :p

Big Mac
Chance: 0%
He's owned by McDonald's! He doesn't have a chance!
:troll:

Little Mac:
Likelihood: 95%
The newcomer I'm most confident in. A famous NES era character, an assist trophy in Brawl, got an awesome Wii game (and a WiiWare game as well). He has little/nothing standing in his way.

Want: 80%
I've played the NES version of Punch-Out!!, which I enjoyed. I'm still not completely sold on his moveset potential, so I'll trust Sakurai. More importantly, he's one of the most deserving characters left to add. I daresay he's more deserving than even K. Rool or Ridley.

Predicting 8% for Andy.

Fawful x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sukapon
Chance: 3% - Only the most hardcore Nintendo fans who look deep into Nintendo's history (and I mean really deep) know who he is. For everyone else he's just a group of pink animated gumdrops floating through the air.
Want: 2% - His design is completely ridiculous.

Little Mac
Chance: 89% - He's one of the most iconic characters that hasn't been playable yet.
Want: 76% - He's pretty cool.

Andy prediction: 4%

Nominations: Aeron x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Sukapon - 0.15%
at this point I don't really know how to give sukapon any good marks his was shot down personally from sakurai and while it is true that sakurai change his mind about the villager, but that is about animal crossing a well deserved franchise. while sukapon is from joy Mech fight which is an obscure and dead series (is that right?)
want - 25%
I could see some interest but not much and would rather be an disappointing
Little mac - 99.99%
the only newcomer I'm calling a guarantee, with the assist trophy status, the boxing ring, his recent revival, and with the rumor (I still say its crap, but it helps) little mac is so likely if it will be a shock if he isn't in. the only thing stopping me from giving him a 100 is because he's not shown yet
want - 100%
I was disappointed of him getting assist trophy status back in brawl, he needs to be a playable character
Andy - 8.24%
the only way he is getting this high is through personal bias
nomination: nobrawlcutsX5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom