• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
MM Link chances: 1%. He's another Link. He's from Majora's Mask, a completely irrelevant game, and he's another Link. The Zelda franchise might not even get five characters and this would be a horrible waste of a slot

Want: 0%. Seriously

He's another f**king Link

Chancellor Cole prediction: 3%. Remember when we actually had characters that mattered

Now they're all rated and we're stuck rating people like Masked Link and Chancellor f**king Cole instead

Why am I even here now

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Masked Link

Chance - 0%
there is no way there is going to be 3 links....

Want - 0%
i don't even like the other 2 already in the game....

Chancellor Cole - 0.55%

x2 Rosalina
x3 Four DK characters

Groose

Smash Champion
Mask Link Chance: 0%
I'd say he's less likely than even Phoenix Wright. Yeah, that's (W)right. Why? Well, Mak Link would not only be a third Link from a series with colorful character, but also he would take an extreme amount of work. Quite simply, I doubt anyone will see him as worth the effort.​
Mask Link Want: 0%
Yeah... the time used to create him could be used to create pretty much any other newcomer (or a couple, depending upon their complexity). He's just not worth it. Besides, I want the guy who sells him maps.​
Chancellor Cole: .43%
If he somehow breaks .5%... wow.​
Extra noms for me today... how should I use them...?
x10 Tharja
DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE JOKER

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is probably the lowest score I seen for a character, I wonder how the 12% will round it off to.
Edit: I noticed you don't about Daiouryou Groose, well he's a character that's suppose to represent Hanafuda.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Wow... just wow... Those percentages... if Toon Link hadn't been revealed yet, I think that the percentages would have been higher for Masked Link.

Groose

Smash Champion
Mask Link (Legend of Zelda)
0.70% chance
24.91% want

Mask Link met with a terrible fate... one that may or may not involve drowning. He's ben annihalated in both chance and want. If one were to disregard the 12% chance score given by BluePikmin11, Mask Link would have received only about .3% in chance and would have been squarely in last place. As it stands, however, Mask Link is ranked just above Cloud, Primid, Sandbag, and Trite on the chance scale. As for want... he's trailing fellow Majora's Mask candidate Tingle. OUCH.

Today we're going to be travelling to a different era of Hyrule. Please rate Chancellor Cole in chance and want today. I know he's not a familar face, so I'll provide some exposition. Chancellor Cole is a leprechaun (not really) and a political authority figure in the game Spirit Tracks. He turns evil and attempts to revive a demon; alongside his lacky Byrne (who serves as the brawn to Cole's brains) he serves as the main villain... for most of the game.

Tomorrow's day has been placed under a powerful hex. Yeah... you know of whom I speak. Tharja will be on stage tomorrow, so please leave your predictions for her. Brawler610 wins a whopping ten extra nominations for becoming the fourth person in this game's history to hit the amount on the dot. Gratz!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Mask Link: 0% We don't need 3 Links regardless of how awesome a game MM was or how neat a concept it is. It's sloppy.
Want: 10% Only because it was my fav Zelda game.

Chancellor Cole: .07%

Edit: I'VE BEEN GROOSED!

D

Deleted member

Extra noms for me today... how should I use them...?
x10 Tharja
I was contemplating on nominating Tharja just to get her day over with, but you just did that for me! MWAHAHAHAHA!​

Chancellor Cole
Chance: 0%
While Spirit Tracks is getting representation via a stage, this doesn't help Chancellor Cole at all. I can't say much about him because... honestly, would Sakurai give up a precious character slot to a villain like this?
Want: 0%
What a humongous waste of a character slot if he does get one... somehow.
Tharja Prediction: 1.14%
Oh boy... I've been looking forward to this day. This will be interesting.

Whoa! I can't believe that I got the prediction exactly on the dot! Thanks Groose!

Umm... anyways.
Nominations: Captain Rainbow 15x
When he's done, I'll nominate either Hades or Amaterasu.
And thank god Mask Link did better than Cloud.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Chancellor Cole

Chance - 0%
nothing to say

Want - 0%
nothing to want

Tharja - 0.4%

x5 Pauline

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Chancellor Cole

Prediction - 0% - As far as I know, he's not popular, has had no effect to the timeline of the series, is generally considered forgettable, and is outcompeted by several other characters within the franchise. He may be a final boss with a stage representing the game, but it takes much more than that to get in.

Want - 0.5% - When I asked for more representation for the Toon games, I was thinking of Tetra and Vaati, not this guy. I almost gave him a zero, but I asked myself: "Is he really as bad as Sandbag?"

Tharja Prediction - 2.3% - Just a bit higher than Owain did, due to being recruited easier... yeah, that's cherry picking. She's doomed.

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Chancellor Cole's chances: 0% - Yeah, he's doomed.
Want: 0% - Nope.

Tharja prediction: 0.72%

Sheik x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Chancellor Cole
chance 2% I can't see it happening, he's only been in one game and his competition has a longer history making him seem even less likelier.
want 5% He could be somewhat amusing.

x5 Rosalina

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Had to do a bit of research on today's contestant since I didn't play Spirit Tracks.

Chancellor Cole

Chance: 0%
One time villain, arguably not even the MAIN villain of his game. If Vaati and Skull Kid failed to make the cut, I don't see why the demon politician has a chance at all. Spirit Tracks sounds like it was an interesting game, but from what I've read it doesn't seem to be because of this fellow, and (Spirit Tracks Spoilers here)
he's unlikely to be a reoccuring villain. Because he dies at the end. Seems pretty final.

A Zelda character who doesn't appeal to me in the slightest and I can see others feeling the same. Tingle, Tetra, Toon Zelda, Impa, even Midna all have better chances. Vaati, Skull Kid and Ghiraham have better chances for a secondary Zelda antagonist slot. Hell; Medli would probably outrank this guy in popularity should she ever get nominated and she's a (admittedly quite likable) secondary character in a single game.

Tharja: 5.1%
Has her fans, and they're a passionate bunch should they vote so she'll definately do better than Owain did. Some may argue she's also a good choice for a magic user in place of Robin due to his/her customizable looks, skills, voice and gender.

Nominate:
Syrup X 5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Chancellor Cole
Chance::joyful::joyful::joyful:just NO! 0.27%
Want: 0.30% haha amazing character, unique moveset it screams originality and the best of all are his... Not really.

Tharja
Prediction: 9.99% because this pic sold me:

Nomination
Donbe and Hikari x5

.n_n.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Chancellor Cole 0.1%
Want: 100% I would die of happiness if he was confirmed (or just laughter IDK) his moveset screams original and he is a friggin leprechaun

Thjara: 0.91%

x5... who to nominate? Oh yea! x5 No cuts from brawl

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So Smashboards mysteriously fell out of my browsing habits for a few days and this is the Rate Their Chances character I return to? Plus I missed Andy, Phoenix Wright, and Masked Link? :(

Chancellor Cole - 0%
Heck, I played Spirit Tracks (and enjoyed it!) and I didn't even remember who Cole was. That's...that's really bad. So far down the list of potential Zelda characters that I'm honestly shocked he was even nominated here.
Want - 0% - But why?

Tharja - .45%
I would have predicted a repeat of Owain's abysmal rating, but judging by how cynical the most recent ratings appear to have been, we're on track for exciting new lows!

Nominations
Tetra/Toon Zelda x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chance 0.05% Not happening.

predict: 1.9% hopefully better than Owain.

nominate Daisy x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I haven't been visiting the forum recently, nice to see we're still having fun here XD
Chancellor Cole: .5% HURRAY FOR SEMI-RANDOM ZELDA CHARACTERS!
Want: 30% HURRAY FOR RANDOM ZELDA CHARACTERS!
Tharja: .69% :joyful: (I like her, it would be nice if she actually had a chance... But alas...)
So we're in a rough patch of no chancers I gather? Omastar will CLEARLY help!
Omastar x3
Bulborb x2

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Chancellor Cole

Chance:

Want:

Prediction:
Tharja 8.43%
Because some people will overrate her for some reason even though Henry was clearly the cooler dark mage.

Nominations:
x5 Rhythm Monkey

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Chancellor Cole chance=0.01%

Chancellor Cole want=0%

Tharja prediction=1.9% She has a hot body, but she has a manly face(or is that just her haircut?).

Nomination=5xNeku and Shiki

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Chancellor Cole:

Want:

Who even voted this guy up?

Tharja: 1.17%

5x 4 DK Reps

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Chancellor Cole
Chance: 0% - He is the most insignificant Zelda villain since Onox and Veran.
Want: 79% - As crazy as it sounds, I'd actually love to see him.

Tharja prediction: 0% - She had over 100 nominations for over a month, I was wondering how long she would hang up there.

Nominations: Aeron x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Chancellor Cole:

Chance: 1%. If Sakurai feels saucy or something.
Want: 0%. There are way too many Zelda characters I'd prefer over Lucky the political leprechaun over here.

Tharja: About 5%. There's a fanbase there, I think.

Nominations: Quote (Cave Story) x10

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Chancellor Cole:
Yeah but no.

Like someone previously, I played his game and I enjoyed it. But I didn't even remember who he was. He's a pawn, he's not that interesting and he dies. Spirit Tracks doesn't loom large in the Zelda mythology either, really (not to say that it wasn't a fun and high-quality game).

I don't think I need to explain about how there are several much better choices for Zelda.

That said, he's more likely than Masked Link, imo.

Chancellor Cole chances: 0.02%

Chancellor Cole want: 0.5%
Yeah, I'd be annoyed that we didn't get Tetra, Tingle, Impa, Ghirahim or even Vaati instead.

Tharja prediction: 5%
She seems like she should do better than Owain. But not a lot better.

Nominations:
5x Sheik

Ray_Babe

Smash Rookie
That's a long list.. sadly I don't see My Rayman though..:crying: I see other characters that I'm glad that are Newcomers but except Ray >D I would also think Earthworm Jim should come back! It's been Forever since we last seen that Awesome worm! <3 So Want is around 55 to 60% and don't want is 99% Even though I love Snake and Captain Falcon ^___^ :cool:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Chancellor Cole
Likelihood: 0.01%

Want: 2.5%

Tharja
Prediction: 0.43%

Nominations:
Slippy x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That's a long list.. sadly I don't see My Rayman though..:crying: I see other characters that I'm glad that are Newcomers but except Ray >D I would also think Earthworm Jim should come back! It's been Forever since we last seen that Awesome worm! <3 So Want is around 55 to 60% and don't want is 99% Even though I love Snake and Captain Falcon ^___^ :cool:
Er... I think I might introduce you to the game... ahem!

"Listen up, monsieur turtle bits!"

Every day, a character is chosen up to be rated by users. We rate their likelihood, which determinates how likely the character is to appear on the next Smash Bros game, and, optionally, we can also rate our want, which determinates how much we would like to see the character in the game! While you can be as biased as you want with the latter, be careful not to give characters an unrealistic likelihood rate, unless you have a valid argument to back it up.

You might have noticed the long list in the OP. That is the nomination list, which scores how many nominations a character has received. Whenever we rate a character, we are given five nominations we can give to any character we want. It's up to you either distribute them to five or so characters or give them all to a single character. The character with the most nominations accumulated at the end of the day shall be put up for us to predict!

What does that mean? Well, whenever a character is predicted, we are predicting how much the character will score in likelihood the next day! Whoever gets a prediction score the closest to the actual score, wins extra five nominations! If you're lucky enough to predict the exact score, you get a whooping 10 nominations! Talk about great, eh, mon amis?

Note that a character that has already been rated can be rated again! That means that you can nominate Rayman, who has already been rated, so that we can rate him again! If you want, of course.

Here's the basic structure of what your post should look like: said:
Character A
Likelihood: X%
Want: Y%

Character B
Prediction: Z%

Nominations
Character C x3
Character D x2
Have fun!

(Also, please change your avatar, it's disturbing me at alarming rates...)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
It's good to know that Toxicroaker has a sense of humor.
Chancellor Cole

Chance: 0.0001% - I'm sorry Cole fans, but it just isn't meant to be. Maybe if you start petitions, e-mail Sakurai, spread the word on miiverse, start a facebook group, rally on reddit, create some ad campaigns and just make some noise, maybe you could get your lucky loser as an assist trophy in Smash 6 or 7.

Want: 15% - If only to see the hilarious youtube videos of people's dumbfounded reactions to Cole's smug mug taking up a precious roster spot from their Nintendo favorites.:p He's a WTF character alright. A collective "Who This Fool?!" to be had when people see this one-shot in the place of their beloved Space Dragon, King Croc, Legendary Boxer, or Battle Goddess. It'll be like the E3 Megaman reveal except not as positive.

Tharja Prediction: 3% - A popular Fire Emblem character but popular for the wrong reasons.

Nominations:
Rhythm Monkey x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Chancellor Coke:
Likelihood: 0%
There are a TON of Zelda characters that are more likely than him - Tingle, Tetra, Toon Zelda, Vaati, Skull Kid, Ghirahim and I think even Midna. And add this to the fact that we may not even get a Zelda rep. He might appear in the background of the Spirit Tracks stage though. :p (No, don't throw the Toon Link logic at me now.)

LOL no. I didn't even know he existed until yesterday. Moreover, I haven't played Spirit Tracks, as I did not like the touchscreen controls after playing Phantom Hourglass. The game didn't even get a Manga, which might have helped me warm up to him a bit.

Tharja prediction: 1.72%
I expect her to do about as good as Ephraim.

Fawful x 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom