• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Chancellor Cole

I'll skip his chance, since I never played Spirit Tracks. However judging from what I heard from this topic it'd be around 0 % anyway.

Want: 0 %

Prediction Tharja: 0.9 %
About time. She was on top of the list for way too long.

Nominations: 5x Daisy

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Chances Low Cole
Likelihood: 0% - Not happening in the slightest
Want: 0% - I'd rather have every single character I want in Smash first. And it's a long, long list.

HELLO NURSE!
Prediction: 3.4% - Lol, geddit?

Nominations
Zero the Hero (even though he actually doesn't consider himslef as one) x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Chancellor Cole:

Let me say this, if Spirit Tracks didn't get a stage I'd only give him about 50% of getting a TROPHY! As is I'm still not 100%, though close.

Chance: NO%

Want: NO%

Tharja: 2.3%
She's too sexy for smash bros.

Knuckles*5
(The bad ************ with some wicked dreadlocks.)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Chancellor Cole

Sorry Groose, he's a no-go.

.0001% Chance
0% Want

Tharja Prediction
10.53 % Chance. She's a favorite, but I can't see her getting in.

Nominate: Dillon x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The Not-Cole Train
Chances: 0.01%- Nope. Just Nope.
Want: 0.01%- I'd prefer almost anything over Cole.

Tharja
Chances: 5.68%- She's awesome, but she's a very minor character in the grand scheme of things.

Nominating...
Fawful X5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
The Cole Train: 0.1%
He's a villain who only appears in a relatively minor Zelda game.

Want: 0%
Nope. Didn't play Spirit Tracks.

Tharja prediction: 6.95%

Nominate:
Prince Sable x3
Lucina x2

Groose

Smash Champion
Chancellor Cole: 0%
'Nuff said.

Chancellor Cole Want: 10%
It would be freaking hilarious and I kind of like the little leprechaun. That still doesn't justify this, however.

Tharja Prediction: 3.53%
This isn't GameFAQs.

King K Rool x5
I'M ORDERING YOU TO SEIZE THE COCONUT!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Chancellor Cole: 0%
want: 0%
Tharja: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why does fire emblem have so many people that people here nominate? 3.1%

Nom:
Eevee x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Chancellor Cole (Legend of Zelda)
0.12% chance
7.59% want

Our little leprechaun ran out of luck... and was hit by the freight train of reality. He is by far the worst character on chance charts (our second-to-last,Phoenix Wright has almost five times his score). He even lost to Cloud Strife in want, and would have done incredibly poorly if not for Toxicroaker's generous want rating. Fortunately, with Omastar coming up next week, the Chancellor may not have too long to wait before he escapes last place.

Today... you'll all be put under a powerful hex. Tharja has come to town and she's bringing her black magic with her. But despite her best efforts, the choice... is ultimately up to you. Please rate Tharja in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll be rating Neku&Shiki in an Ice Climbers style duo. Who are they? They are the protagonist of the Square Enix masterpiece The World Ends With You, of course! Please predict how Neku and Shiki will fare in tomorrow's match. Today's winner is Ocarina of Doom.
did mine count?
If you post before I say "Day Over [Insert Witty Line Here], your vote is counted. If you post after that before I start the next day, I count your nominations and prediction, but not your ratings.

You're all in this time.

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Tharja

Chance: 0.2 %
Being generous here. As a non-main non-reocurring character her chances are realisticly the same as Owains.

Want: 75 %
She reaaally doesn't deserve a spot, but she has a ton of awesome moveset-potential as well as bringin a fresh wind into the FE-reps. Also she is kinda my secondary favourite FE rep.

Prediction Neku&Shiki: 0.45 %

Nominations:
5x Daisy

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Tharja chance: 2% To be fair, she is a popular FE character, so that might make Sakurai consider.
Tharja want: 0% Too creepy for me for my liking.
Neku and Shiki Prediction: 3.87%
Nominations:
X5 Dr. Kawashima

D

Deleted member

Oh my god. That score.

Tharja
Chance: 1%
After months of being at the top of the list for so long, we finally rate her.
Honestly, 1% is a bit generous in my opinion, but she does have legitimate things going for her. She at least fulfills the requirements for Smash as she would be a staff user; a fighting style never seen in Smash before. I've also read that she got a figure before Marth did and she is one of the developer's favorite characters.
My favorite character? Hmm... Well they aren't really part of the main cast, but among the male troops, I like Gregor, and for the women, I'd say Tharja.
But, let's face it. The developers would really have to push for her inclusion. While she has a substantial fanbase and is a more popular character in Awakening, she is not a major character nor is really a part of the main story (I think). In terms of competition, she's blown away by lords like Chrom and Roy and both of them are highly wanted.
So, I don't see her really happening. At the end of the day, she is just a hot chick with a fanbase that has been at the top of the list for god-knows-how-long.
Oh, and yes. I did my research before I came here.
Want: 70%
That being said, she would be a cool addition to be honest. A staff user would really be interesting and absolutely different… and I like that. But I also want her more than others for the simple fact that not many people really want her (same reason why I want Owain). Again, I really don't care about Fire Emblem characters getting in SSB4 other than Marth and Ike. So, because she is barely wanted, it makes me want her. Not only that, but I LOVE reactions! If she got confirmed out of the blue, I would get a bag of popcorn and drink a Coca-Cola and just watch it all. Though, if she didn't get in, I really wouldn't care. This rating is mostly due to my love for reactions.
Neku & Shiki Prediction: .06%
Arguably a worse choice than Chancellor Cole. They're not legendary nor in the leagues of Sonic and Mega Man.
Nominations: Captain Rainbow 5x

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Tharja
Chance: 0.4%
Not a main or recurring FE character, simple as that.

Want: 70%
Had a dark humour in the game, and I enjoyed her character. She represents a side of FE that has yet to be seen in smash, but the Tactician would be better for that job.

Neku and Shiki: The World Ends with 0.3%

Nominations:
4 DKC characters x5

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Chance: 0% Shouldn't even have to explain.
Want:0% Would rather have Micaiah as a FE mage.

Neku and Shiki: 2% Great game, but I don't see them getting in.

Daisy x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Tharja
Chance: 1%
And that's me being generous. She may be a popular character in Awakening, but popularity alone won't get you in when you're a mere secondary character. Especially since she's likely to be a one time character due to the nature of the Fire Emblem franchise.
The only thing she has going for her is she's a powerful mage character which brings something different to the FE series that isn't a Lord with a Sword.

Tharja has her fans. Her super creepy fans that think her being a terribly abusive mother, a horrible person and creepy ass stalker make her endearing. Or maybe it's her ridiculously revealing outfit and they just find her hot.

Either way I am not one of these fans.

Due to her unlikable nature, lack of redeeming qualities(gameplay wise she's decent, but as a character I mean), her tendency to use her friends and family as guinea pigs in her hexes(including her own daughter) and her downright bizarre and frankly creepy fanbase, Tharja is by far one of my least favourite characters from Awakening. If she was actually supposed to be a villain I may have a different opinion, but heroic sociopaths don't do much for me.

If I want a magic user I'd rather have Robin. Want a female magic user? Still Robin. An Awakening rep? Still Robin. Anyone from FE? Roy. (can't win em all Robin)

Neku and Shiki: 1.5%
Their chances, much like they themselves, are dead.

Nominations:
4 DK Characters X 5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Queen B*tch of the Universe
Likelihood: 1% - For anything she actually has going for (as irrelevant as they are), there's always someone who share those factors and are more deserving:
MUH RECENCY; Chrom.
MUH LADYS; Lyn.
MUH RECENT LADYS; Lucina.
Want: 0% - Do I find her likable and or worthy...?

The world ends with yet another duo mechanic
Prediction: 1.6% - Were drilling a hole at the bottom of the barrel and scratching the little sedimented leftovers.

Nominations
Zero Suit Samus x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Thjara

Chance - 0.02% - A virtually nonexistent chance. She might get in due to popularity and unique potential, but she is not a lord, is not reoccurring, and can be completely skipped over without consequence. Yeah, don't expect her.

Want - 0% - A little too much on the creepy side to my taste. I wonder why folks didn't flock to Henry as a dark mage, as I liked him better (his jokes are absolute murder). Oh yeah, fanservice. Ugh.

Neku & Shiki Prediction - 0.09% - Aren't they owned by Square-Enix? In other words, the two most famous JRPGs of all time? As fresh as they might be, I expect a new low for these kids.

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
I missed another day... :(
Tharja:
Chance: .05%

Want: .01%

Prediction for Neku and Shiki: .45%

Nominations
Paper Mario x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Lord logic? If you mean the fact lords are more likely than non-lords it's pretty effing clear no one invented it, it's just common sense. Main characters naturally will have a better shot at making it in an all-star cast. And on that note:

Tharja:
Chance 3%
The little bit of percentage I give her stems from the fact she's so stupidly popular, particularly in Japan. But even then, other Awakening characters also have waves of popularity and what's more, much more personality and importance than her.
In my opinion, this one is just as bad as Owain.

Want 0%
Within Fire Emblem, she was a pretty damn average character. She has nothing interesting to bring to Smash that other characters wouldn't bring. Every other female character had ten times more personality. What's more, with Fire Emblem being saturated with so many great choices for characters (Marth, Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Anna, Robin, Roy ... heck, if we're comparing, even Lyn), the inclusion of Tharja would be nothing short of a slap in the face as I see it. It'd be solid proof that the team has lost it and is catering to fanboy popularity instead of what genuinely represents Nintendo. And I'd truly hate that.

Prediction
Neku and Shiki - 0.45%
Seems that after Cole everyone has gone on full, unbridled zero percentage fury, and seeing a character that's tag-team (therefore time-consuming to program and balance), third party (therefore competing with Snake and Pac Man), pretty damn sleeper hit, and Square Enix ... yea, I don't expect people to have a shred of mercy.

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Heaven
talk about all that zero fever going on, now I'm concerned it's going to tremendously destroy Monkey's chances once he goes up for rating. Dammit Cole ...

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Tharja
Chance: 7.77% She need to pass a lot of walls and labyrinths to be even considered to be playable.
Want: 85% only because I found this:

Neku and Shiki
Prediction: .33%

Nomination
Donbe and Hikari x 5

.n_n.

D

Deleted member

I know that we are heading in the bottom of the barrel in terms of newcomers, but there are at least still some options you guys can vote on. There are some characters with a legitimate chance like Alph, Hades, Ninten, Isa Jo, Eevee, Victini, Muddy Mole, Excitebiker, Black Mage, Prince Sable, Louie, Matthew, Captain Rainbow, the Elite Beat Agents, Donbe & Hikari, Blaziken, and a couple of other characters and even a second Sonic character or a second Mega Man character.

I know that some of these characters won't get very high ratings, but they are at least sufficient characters that are worth rating on.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Tharja - 0%
She might be considerable if she was the most popular Fire Emblem Awakening character in Japan. Thing is, according to Nintendo's official Fire Emblem Awakening popularity poll, not only is she not the most popular character, she's only the third most popular female character, losing to Robin and (more importantly) Lucina. Considering the roster was probably locked in around the time of the poll if not earlier, Tharja has absolutely no chance of appearing as a playable character, and probably not even as an assist trophy.
Want - 0% - This would be a tremendously disappointing Fire Emblem pick.

Neku and Shiki - 0.2%
Were it not for previous predictions and Cole's rating, I'd predict higher. Given those, though, looks like this round will be really, really ugly.

Nominations
Tetra/Toon Zelda x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I hate giving absolutes, so...

Chance:
.02%
Nope.

Want:
0%
I would actually be opposed to it.

Prediction:
.4%

Nominations:
x5 Daitoryo/Daitouryou/President/Napoleon/Insertothernamehere

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Tharja's chances: 0%

Neku and Shiki prediction: 0.25%

Sheik x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Tharja
chance 6.66% She's too evil to be considered, kidding aside she's simply too minor had she been somehow more involved i'd rate her higher. In her defense she is one of the most noticeable characters so a trophy I chance rating I can justify but nothing more.

want 20% People either love her or hate her but i'm in between. I would very much appreciate her moveset potential but she's not my prefered option.

Rosalina x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom