• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tharja. (-_-)
Likelihood: 0%
A one-off side character in a Fire Emblem would be lucky to a sticker. Getting playable status is a pipe dream.

Want: 0%

Bleh...

Neku & Shiki prediction: 2%
I don't know much about them. Time for some research, I guess.

Fawful x 5

EDIT: Lol, Groose. That censored image of Tharja is actually worse than the uncensored one. (Honestly, it makes it seem like she isn't wearing anything. (>_>))

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Chance: 1% well she's popular but somewhat inconsequential
Want: 60% Honestly she's one of my favorite FE characters and would be a hell of a lot more interesting to play as then most of the people that actually have a chance
Neku + Shiki: .6% ummm
Bulborb x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Tharja (I MEAN CENSORSHIP!)
Chances: 2.3%- If we get ANY sort of Fire Emblem New character, it's going to likely have a sword.

Want: 4%- I like Tharja. I'd just rather have someone else.

Another Duo Mechanic, involving Square Enix and Cult Classics
Prediction: 3.39%- Don't get me wrong, this is just a prediction. The World Ends With You is an amazing game. However, there's, yet again, more popular choices for a Square character.

Nominating...
Gah, screw it. I don't know who to nominate today.
No Cuts for Brawl! X5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Yet Another Fire Emblem: Awakening Character

Chance: 0%
Words cannot describe how disinterested I am.

Neku Neku Douga: 0.11%
I'ma go out on a limb and say they will take the lowest chance score.. well if Tharja doesn't get there first.

Knuckles*5
(ya yo! ya yo! Argh, I have too many really bad rap songs on my ZEN they're all starting merge together!)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
THARJA

Tharja, while not being my most-wanted FE rep, is interesting in terms of Chance vs. Want.

Chance: 2%

While a fav. among fans and the devs, I just can't see her having a great chance of entering the Smash 4 roster.

Want: 30%

I LOVE FE:A, and most of the Characters... Tharja would be interesting move set-wise, but when it all boils down... I really want this guy as far as Plegian Mages go:

300px-Henry_(FE13_Artwork).png

Neku and Shiki Prediction: 5% Chance.

Nomination

Dillon x5

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Tharja: 0%
She would be a tremendously disappointing Fire Emblem pick.

Neku Shiki 35% they will be the lowest chance to be in smash 4

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
tharja: 1%
Want: I dunno. need to play fire-emblem to understand, I guess. so 30%

Neku Shiki: 3.5%

noms: eevee x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
tharja:
likelihood: 0%
No chance. I was talking someone a few weeks ago about how certain nintendo characters have a zero percent chance (along with certain third party and virtually all fourth party characters). Tharja is good example of this.
Want: 60%
I'm a big fan of the character in Awakening. Her stalker thing toward the avatar is funny storyline in FE 13.
Music:
"Someone has to save you from your good intentions." - Recruitment theme for Tharja
"I've never seen one fall so gracefully." - avatar death music!
"Leave me... Save yourselves...if you can..." - Game over!
Predictions: Neku and Shiki 2.3%
Nominations:
Wonder Pink x 5

ShinRPGamer

Smash Rookie
Tharja 0%: We really are scraping for the bottom of the barrel aren't we...
Want 0%: For both probability and who people want... or like for that matter.

Neku Shiki 2%: Who?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Tharja
Chances: 0.01% Not likely at all due to lack of importance to her series and game. All she has is popularity and even that won't win her a seat on its own.
Want: 0% I'm not really that interested in her as a character.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Tharja

Chance: 1% - It doesn't seem like she'd be near the top of Sakurai's list.

Want: 0% - I have no animosity toward her personally, but for the pure and family friendly image of this game, I think it would be best for her to take her...service elsewhere.

Neku and Shiki Prediction: .02% - They don't stand much of a chance.

Nominations:
Rhythm Monkey x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Tharja
Chance: 0% - There are a bare-minimum of 25 Fire Emblem characters, including all the lords as well as many deuteragonists and villains, who would get in before her. So if FE somehow gets 26 playable reps in SSB4 she'll have a chance.
Want: 0% - She's not welcome here.

Niku and Shiki prediction: 0.4%

Nominations: Aeron x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
GROOSE: Since we are scraping the bottom of the barrel now, and there are some joke characters coming up, perhaps we could get some extra nominations to spend on re-votes and concepts only?

That way we have something more interesting to do while rating Omastar and Yarne and those types.

Tharja

Popularity: More popular than, you know, most Fire Emblem characters. But there are like, a lot of FE characters.

Relevancy: In the most recent FE game. But not one of the leads.

Design: At least she's not a blue-haired, sword-wielding lord.

Roster and Competition: Yeah, she's gonna get beat by a lord.

Tharja chances: 1%

Tharja want: 40%
Only because if there's going to be an FE newcomer, it's probably more interesting to have a non-sword user.

Neku & Shiki prediction: 0.8%
A Square Enix third-party, and not from one of their more famous series? Seems doubtful.

Nominations:
Sheik x5

D

Deleted member

GROOSE: Since we are scraping the bottom of the barrel now, and there are some joke characters coming up, perhaps we could get some extra nominations to spend on re-votes and concepts only?

That way we have something more interesting to do while rating Omastar and Yarne and those types.
Or have something where even though a re-voted character or concept doesn't get 100 votes, we can rate the one with the highest amount of votes on the same day as a joke character. If we are just going to rate Omastar and Yarne on their days and not with a concept or a re-voted character to go along with it, then those days will seem like a waste of time; both yours and ours. (I'll still participate on those days since I really like this game, but my point still stands)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I still think that as a community we could decide which characters left in the list aren't complete jokes and bring them up.

Because really, in the greater context, it hurts like hell to see Omastar have over a hundred nominations while Sheriff sits at 7. I really don't get it.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't care about Sheriff. What good does it do to put him above Omastar? Honestly, I don't care about most of the people we've rated. That's the whole point of nominations. People can vote for the people they care about. What you're suggesting goes against the democratic principles of the game.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well I have been playing this game for three weeks if I remember correctly and I have vote for Donbe and Hikari to be rated, If you really want a character to be rated then only focus on that character until it gets his turn and then once is rated go and vote for another one, seriously the system is not wrong is the people that can´t focus in single character and put it on the top of the list, instead they put their votes in all places without a goal.
.n_n.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I think a joke character every now and then is a lot of fun. I mean, I couldn't have been the only one LOLing the dirt off the floor at all the responses toward Chancellor Cole - practically everyone had some kind of snarky remark during his prediction or his actual rating. Of course, that's just me. To each their own.
seriously the system is not wrong is the people that can´t focus in single character and put it on the top of the list, instead they put their votes in all places without a goal.
.n_n.
Oh c'mon, there's nothing wrong with nominating in various places - I just kind of nominate on a whim. Sometimes I help out others with their nominations and sometimes I nominate characters I'm curious about. It's all part of the fun!

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Tharja
Likelihood: 0.01%

Want: 25%
I like the character, but no...

Neku and Shiki
Prediction: 0.25%

Nominations:
Slippy x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Does a joke character count as someone who has no chance, someone who has no want or someone who has neither?

Example; Yarne, the last Taguel, from Awakening has no chance in hell of being playable. At all. But he's an interesting and unique character with the ability to turn into a powerful were-rabbit like monster, has some of the best critical hit oneliners in game; "NO. YOU GO EXTINCT!" and is one of my favourite units in that game since he's one of the few characters that sums up the series best: Death=permenant, and despite his impressive strength is absolutely terrified of getting killed off and in turn ceasing his species chance of survival. That sums up a big aspect of Fire Emblem right there.

For those reasons alone, he'd be far higher on my want(I realise not everyone would be as generous with their ratings), but obviously 0%-0.5% chance of actually being playable within my rating because he's not a lead protagonist, you can complete the game technically without recruiting him, and he's the second least popular male character in Japan.

So would Yarne count as a joke character due to his low chance scores or would the want scores of myself and the person whose been nominating them actually counteract that and turn it into a semi viable rating day?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Prior to E3 would Wii Fit Trainer be considered a joke character?

You can't skip votes because you don't like them, we just have to slog through it and vote for more re-noms and concepts to keep the game interesting.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
THARJA:

Chance: 2.5%
She's got not shot when compared to Chrom, Roy, or Lyn.

Want: 25%
I don't know, I'm kind of indifferent.
Unless she wears her bikini.

Neku and Shiki Prediction: .75%

Noms: 4 DK Reps x5

Forde

Smash Cadet
Tharja:

Chance 5%
Highly unlikely when you have characters like Chrom, Lucina, Roy, competing for a spot.

Want 20%
Would be interesting to see a non melee weapon user in from FE.

Neku and Shiki Prediction: 1%

Nominations
Blaziken x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
My suggestion wasn't to do anything to prevent joke characters from coming up, or to help "non-joke" characters boost their position, just to give us some nominations to spend exclusively on concepts or whatever. This wouldn't do anything to Omastar, it would just mean we do one of those things in addition.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Tharja
Chance 7%
She's popular, but the main characters, Chrom and Lucina, are more popular, and since they are the main lords they would easily out prioritize her.
Want 35%
I'm not too picky when it comes to FE characters, but there are still plenty of characters that I'd prefer.

Neku and Shiki 4.3%

Nomination
No Brawl Cuts x5

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Tharja: 0.01%
With Chrom, Lucina, and Robin, she's doomed.

Want: 1%
Don't play the series.

Neku and Shiki: 0.32%

x5 Scrooge McDuck

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Tharja: 3.1%
Tharja appeared in the latest Fire Emblem game... in which she was a minor character who had no real bearing on the plot, except for her stalker-ish obsession with the player character.

Want: 0.1%
For the longest time, I thought Tharja supporters were all just joking, just like Owain supporters. I was utterly shocked to find that she had genuine fans. I, for one, disliked her greatly, due to her overall lack of positive qualities and her abuse of her daughter. I don't even find her that attractive, and she's from a game FILLED with attractive women, like Tiki, Cordelia, Libra, etc.

Neku & Shiki prediction: 3.2%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5

D

Deleted member

I know that we are heading in the bottom of the barrel in terms of newcomers, but there are at least still some options you guys can vote on. There are some characters with a legitimate chance like Alph, Hades, Ninten, Isa Jo, Eevee, Victini, Muddy Mole, Excitebiker, Black Mage, Prince Sable, Louie, Matthew, Captain Rainbow, the Elite Beat Agents, Donbe & Hikari, Blaziken, and a couple of other characters and even a second Sonic character or a second Mega Man character.

I know that some of these characters won't get very high ratings, but they are at least sufficient characters that are worth rating on.

I should also mention that there are some characters worth re-rating on. It can be a character that you want to see get rated again or characters whose chances may have changed over time. I think that Toon Zelda (since Toon Link's reveal), Snake (since Sonic's reveal), and the Pokemon Trainer and Jigglypuff (since Pokemon X and Y's release) are worth re-rating.

I'm not saying that you should nominate them, but they might be worth nominating them.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'll end things after dinner, guys.

Groose almost at 1000 posts! One more!
he'll probably do something epic for the end day of tharja days for his 1,000 post
Nope, haha. I just went to the K. Rool thread and expressed my support. I'm a Kutthroat above all else. :p
Tharja. (-_-)EDIT: Lol, Groose. That censored image of Tharja is actually worse than the uncensored one. (Honestly, it makes it seem like she isn't wearing anything. (>_>))
Blame Reggie.
Ugh. I hate giving everyone extra nominations. from the fact that it makes adding them up more difficult. It'd be so much simpler if people just used their own nominations on rerates and concepts instead of new characters.

I appreciate the suggestion. I'm trying to figure something out, but I don't think this is the solution.
Or have something where even though a re-voted character or concept doesn't get 100 votes, we can rate the one with the highest amount of votes on the same day as a joke character. If we are just going to rate Omastar and Yarne on their days and not with a concept or a re-voted character to go along with it, then those days will seem like a waste of time; both yours and ours. (I'll still participate on those days since I really like this game, but my point still stands)
This is a little bit better. I'll think about this one for sure.
I don't care about Sheriff. What good does it do to put him above Omastar? Honestly, I don't care about most of the people we've rated. That's the whole point of nominations. People can vote for the people they care about. What you're suggesting goes against the democratic principles of the game.
Yeah. I get where you're coming from. The only thing Sheriff has above Omastar is that, given his historical significance, he has an actual chance. Moving on to the next question...
Does a joke character count as someone who has no chance, someone who has no want or someone who has neither?

Example; Yarne, the last Taguel, from Awakening has no chance in hell of being playable. At all. But he's an interesting and unique character with the ability to turn into a powerful were-rabbit like monster, has some of the best critical hit oneliners in game; "NO. YOU GO EXTINCT!" and is one of my favourite units in that game since he's one of the few characters that sums up the series best: Death=permenant, and despite his impressive strength is absolutely terrified of getting killed off and in turn ceasing his species chance of survival. That sums up a big aspect of Fire Emblem right there.

For those reasons alone, he'd be far higher on my want(I realise not everyone would be as generous with their ratings), but obviously 0%-0.5% chance of actually being playable within my rating because he's not a lead protagonist, you can complete the game technically without recruiting him, and he's the second least popular male character in Japan.

So would Yarne count as a joke character due to his low chance scores or would the want scores of myself and the person whose been nominating them actually counteract that and turn it into a semi viable rating day?
A joke character is, in my eyes, someone who lacks both chance and want. Yarne just doesn't have that demand or the chance. I'd consider him a bit on the "joke" side of things. I hate that term, though, because as a character, he's no joke. Him appearing in Smash is more the joke.

Prior to E3 would Wii Fit Trainer be considered a joke character?

You can't skip votes because you don't like them, we just have to slog through it and vote for more re-noms and concepts to keep the game interesting.
THIS. I banned "troll nominations" for a bit earlier because characters like Omastar were being rated BEFORE characters like Saki and Chrom. Still... I think they deserve to be rated now, as there are no more "logical" characters left.

My suggestion wasn't to do anything to prevent joke characters from coming up, or to help "non-joke" characters boost their position, just to give us some nominations to spend exclusively on concepts or whatever. This wouldn't do anything to Omastar, it would just mean we do one of those things in addition.
Disregard my pervious comment. This is sounding a bit better. I'm not ready to pull the trigger quite yet, but I'm contemplating this.

Tharja: 1%
She's a pretty popular character. Even so, she's minor, one-off, in a heavy franchise, isn't extremely popular, and is popular for the wrong reasons. Not much of a shot... but more than Cole.

Tharja Want: 0%
She's a unique FE character. But she's unique in the wrong way. Possibly one of my most disliked characters that could possibly make it in.

Neku and Shiki Prediction: .89%
Better than Phoenix Wright, as there still isn't a Square character on the roster. Better than Cloud, as they are liked instead of hated. But still pretty terrible overall, with a lot of "who?"

Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I've shifted from nominating random capcom characters, to characters with more than just a sliver of chance. for example, eevee or fawful.

anyone who isn't re-nominating, nominating vets, or doing concepts should probably lay off the joke characters, in my opinion.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Guys, I am legitimately gonna stop with the 'joke' characters after Yarne, unless we reach a point where joke characters are the only ones left.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Neku and Shiki Prediction: .89%
Better than Phoenix Wright, as there still isn't a Square character on the roster. Better than Cloud, as they are liked instead of hated. But still pretty terrible overall, with a lot of "who?"

Ray (Custom Robo) x5
So like me with half the characters that have been rated. Honestly, TWEWY got reviews that blow games like Kid Icarus: Uprising out of the water, so I think it makes way more sense to be asking "who?" on someone like Palutena (I had no idea who she was, at least).

Groose

Smash Champion
Tharja (Fire Emblem)
1.26% chance
16.17% want

Tharja narrowly defeated rival Owain in both categories, but narrowly lost to rival Ephraim in both categories. It doesn't really matter, however... it was still a putrid day overall.

Today should be a bit better. We're rating Neku and Shiki in an Ice Climbers-esque tag team. For those of you who don't know, they are the protagonists of the game The World Ends with You, a DS masterpiece developed by Square-Enix. Please rate Neku and Shiki in chance and want.

I have a special announcement today. We'll be rating our very first concept! Please rate the concept of having four DK characters in chance and want. Basically, do you think Dixie and K. Rool will both be in the game? And how much would you like this to happen?

Finally, we'll be rating everyone's favorite dancing monkey in tomorrow's match. Please predict how Rhythm Monkey (one of the most prominent characters in the Rhythm Heaven franchise) will fare in tomorrow's competition. A winner is SmashShadow! Enjoy the extra five.

Two other bits to note: I'm thinking about how to add some more weight to days. Make things more interesting, you know? We have our first concept today, so we'll see how that works. Secondly, I'll get to music later. Thanks for your contributions, though.

So like me with half the characters that have been rated. Honestly, TWEWY got reviews that blow games like Kid Icarus: Uprising out of the water, so I think it makes way more sense to be asking "who?" on someone like Palutena (I had no idea who she was, at least).
But remember, you're in the heart of Nintendomain here. There's a reason third parties don't make Wii U games: Nintendo fans don't buy them! *Heh heh* Please don't turn this into a discussion here. It was a joke.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
4 DK characters chance: 75% It can happen as K. Rool is one of the most requested newcomers and Dixie is there to promote TF. Seems pretty legit that it can happen. There's a chance Sakurai will stick with the Diddy + Dixie combo.
4 DK Characters want: 45% Meh, not a big fan of DKC.
Neku and Shiki chance: 2%
Rhythm Monkey prediction: 12.5%
Nominations:
x5 Dr. Kawashima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom